• It is currently Wed Apr 23, 2014 6:43 am

Sign In

User menu

FAQ
Register
Login
Animazement Fan Forum

Welcome! Introduce yourself here.

Talk about your Animazement plans, and count down the days to Memorial Day weekend with us.

Moderator: Macross-Junkie

HALLO!!!!! :3

Postby mystcloud » Thu May 04, 2006 11:24 am

Hihi! This will be my second time at Animazement and my fifth convention overall. ^_^ I tabled in the artist alley with some friends last year and plan on doing that again! (minus the getting up at horribly early hours of the morning to get a first come first serve table. hurray for reservation!) I'm an Computer Animation major at Ringling school of Art and Design (in florida) and am really from CT *cackle*. Check out my art at the con! :3 see ya!
:D Visit me in the Artist alley!!
mystcloud
Citizen of Macross City

Postby Milfuelle » Sat May 06, 2006 1:02 pm

Hello! Milly here...attending Animazement is going to be my third convention ever and the first time going to Animazement. The previous ones I've attended were small because the state had never had one before..where you might ask? Idaho. Ha ha. But since I moved out here to NC, I had no doubt in my mind that I wanted to attend my first 'large' anime convention!

I'm excited. I'll be attending on Sat. as Fruits Basket's Tohru Honda!
Milfuelle
Shonen Bat Victim

Postby Dragonwings » Tue May 09, 2006 2:22 pm

Hey! This will be my second time going to Animazement (my first convention was Animazement, last year). I've just finished college (graduating this Saturday), and I'm a English major and history minor. I know I'm going to have lots of fun this year because I'm going for all three days. :D
Dragonwings
Shonen Bat Victim

Postby Kazuki » Wed May 10, 2006 8:15 am

Yo. Kazu here. well kazu, max, kazuki W/e.
This will be my first con. I decided to go since i now have a OMG JOB. and my friend Mary wants me to go so we can hang out. I live in the springlake area. Aparently a lot of other friends of mine are going haha. I'll probably be dressed up as Kazuki from comic party (even if it's not on purpose) so nothin to fancy. maybe next year i'll make some very elaborate costume of Shannon from Scrapped Princess (the manga version of his suit) which well, would be hard since i'd have to do a lot of metal work. Hope to see everyone there hah!

hmmm or maybe i'll go as Reno from FF. I do have the right hair color and length, minus the ponytail hehe
Kazuki
Shonen Bat Victim

Postby William » Wed May 10, 2006 5:22 pm

Dragonwings wrote:Hey! This will be my second time going to Animazement (my first convention was Animazement, last year). I've just finished college (graduating this Saturday), and I'm a English major and history minor. I know I'm going to have lots of fun this year because I'm going for all three days. :D

I'm graduating this Saturday as well, so we need to have an AZ freedom party or something.

And oi, this'll be my 7th or 8th Animazement... I don't even remember anymore.. it's all a blur!
William Bloodworth
Former Anime Music Video Contest Coordinator | Former Forum Administrator | Former Cosplay DVD Editor | Forever Tiger Tamer
William
The Voice of Reason

Postby Angzt » Fri May 19, 2006 10:24 am

Hi..I'm Brandon..some call me Angzt..but I'll go by whatever.
I'm 16, sophmore in high school about to be a junior
Andd if there's anything else you wanna know message me..though there isn't much to tell
This is my first anime convention..and well..first convention really. Pretty excited about all of it and I'm sure it's going to be a blast ^__^. I'll be going as Sasuke Uchiha(since its the only character I currently think I can pull off). Well..If my costume turns out decent I'll be going as him. BUTTTT...if not then I'll just be in my normal attire. Can't wait to go and meet some new people :D
Angzt
Shonen Bat Victim

Postby Greed » Fri May 19, 2006 2:10 pm

Are you going the whole weekend or just on a certain day? Like you I am excited about the con and I too am looking forward to meeting new people and hooking up with others that I have met at last years con. If you like to hang out some during the con look for me around the dealer's room or whereever the Dub your own Anime sessions are going to be.
xBox Live Gamertag: WolfmanStarrk2

http://xvietnamwarx.deviantart.com/ Me DeviantArt :3
Greed
Walking Sake Keg

Postby Dragonwings » Fri May 19, 2006 4:06 pm

William wrote:
Dragonwings wrote:Hey! This will be my second time going to Animazement (my first convention was Animazement, last year). I've just finished college (graduating this Saturday), and I'm a English major and history minor. I know I'm going to have lots of fun this year because I'm going for all three days. :D

I'm graduating this Saturday as well, so we need to have an AZ freedom party or something.

And oi, this'll be my 7th or 8th Animazement... I don't even remember anymore.. it's all a blur!

Ahh, now I feel badly because I'm replying so late. Ooh, yay for graduates. An AZ freedom party? Nice. Hehe.
7th or 8th Animazement? Wow. Very cool.

And hey to the other new people!
Dragonwings
Shonen Bat Victim

Postby Angzt » Fri May 19, 2006 6:02 pm

Greed wrote:Are you going the whole weekend or just on a certain day? Like you I am excited about the con and I too am looking forward to meeting new people and hooking up with others that I have met at last years con. If you like to hang out some during the con look for me around the dealer's room or whereever the Dub your own Anime sessions are going to be.

I'm going to arrive late on friday most likely. But yeah I'll be sure to keep an eye out for you.
Angzt
Shonen Bat Victim

hello!

Postby brokenlynx » Wed May 24, 2006 4:54 pm

'ello!
yeah, this will only be my second AZ, but yeah!
cant wait!
brokenlynx
Shonen Bat Victim

Postby Animedreamer222 » Wed May 24, 2006 9:20 pm

Hi! n_n This will be my third year coming to Animazement. I'm excited to wear my new kimono there, and I can't wait to see the other cosplayers. It's going to be fun! Not too long to wait now! n_n

-Sydney
Animedreamer222
Shonen Bat Victim

Postby Visionary1002 » Thu May 25, 2006 1:37 am

Hello all, my name's Roger. I'm a senoir at Appalachian State University in Boone NC. I've just recently handed over the Presidency of the ASU Anime Club and moved into the Webmaster position. My favorite anime will probably have to be Neon Genisis Evangelion (you never forget your first!) closely followed by Cowboy Bebop and FLCL.

AZ 06 will be my 3rd year and I will be cosplaying (barely) as Jet Black and Gendo Ikari.

Anything else just ask...
Visionary1002
Shonen Bat Victim

age appropriate?

Postby mom » Thu May 25, 2006 5:50 am

Is Animazement appropriate for 14 year olds?
mom
Shonen Bat Victim

Re: age appropriate?

Postby marionred » Fri May 26, 2006 12:26 pm

mom wrote:Is Animazement appropriate for 14 year olds?

Animazement is focused on keeping the con G to PG rated. There is not drinking, sexual, or other wise inapproprate activites sponcered by the con. We do strickly enforce the no costome is not a costome rule. That being said, we can only monitor the con area. we do not monitor the rooms at the hotel. what goes on in the rooms, goes on in the rooms. But we try to monitor the con area. Is the con as chaporoned as a high school dance, NO.
marionred
Shonen Bat Victim

Postby Tofu Lass » Sun May 28, 2006 5:29 pm

I can't get an avatar up! At AZ this year, I bought a toy tofu block and I want to share it with the world... Help?
Tofu Lass
Shonen Bat Victim

Postby Tsukasa » Sun May 28, 2006 6:39 pm

Shoukai suru toki ka na.

I'm Benjamin, 22, and a long-time Animazement attendee. I've made it to all 9 years so far, and I've been there as press for these past four. (My con report for this year will be written and going up soon enough!) I'm a senior at the University of North Carolina at Charlotte, majoring in International Studies (With a Japanese minor), an aspiring writer, and a longtime otaku, for a little over a decade now. I've never cosplayed, myself, but always thoroughly enjoyed Animazement, and spend most of my time there (When I'm not working) hanging out with friends or just wandering around being quiet and inconspicuous, as is my nature. My favorite shows are Infinite Ryvius, Genshiken, and Kare Kano.

... And yeah, now I'm just rambling. Nothing else to be said, much, haha. Just thought I'd say hello and all that.
Anime Dream - Even if Freud can't understand you, we do! (Sort of. Shame on you!)
Tsukasa
Shonen Bat Victim

I am Kyasarin

Postby Kyasarin » Mon May 29, 2006 12:50 am

Hi! My name is Kyasarin and I am just another little asian fangirl ^^ This is my first year going to any anime conventions and I thought it was fun :D I had a lot of fun looking at different cosplayers, the food, the dealers', and of course, the parties ^^ Hitobito wa mezurashii desu ne..Demo, sore wa tanoshikata--> I can't wait for Animazement '07! o^-^o
*~Kyasarin~*
Kyasarin
Shonen Bat Victim

Postby Master_Link2 » Mon May 29, 2006 10:43 am

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y27/Ma ... nk2/Me.jpg

I is knowd as Matt, and that was me at AZ 06 8)
Master_Link2
Shonen Bat Victim

Postby Dantarion » Mon May 29, 2006 12:08 pm

I am Eric. AZ 06 was my second AZ. I am a really big anime fan, but i am mostly a video game fan. During AZ, you can find me in the video rooms, the game rooms, at the dance, or just hanging out. I want to volunteer and help play a part in AZ because it is big enough to be fun, yet small enough to feel like you can make a difference
Dantarion
Shonen Bat Victim

ParoDJ checking in

Postby Cha » Mon May 29, 2006 1:52 pm

You'd think more of us would have joined up already, but apparently DJ Punk McMuffin is the only one.

So DJProgRockPinkness aka Cha the "The Registration Admin that everyone has a healthy fear of" and resident jrock cosplayer.

So now I'm here, yes I am. Had a great time this year, looking forward to sharing pics in the next few minutes.

~Cha
Cha
DJProgRockPinkness – Karaoke Siren

Location: Worshiping the Legendary Guitarist of Kansai from afar (Winston-Salem)

PreviousNext

Return to Convention Discussion