• It is currently Wed Apr 23, 2014 6:09 pm

Sign In

User menu

FAQ
Register
Login
Animazement Fan Forum

Welcome! Introduce yourself here.

Talk about your Animazement plans, and count down the days to Memorial Day weekend with us.

Moderator: Macross-Junkie

Postby frozendevil » Mon May 29, 2006 5:02 pm

Rar!

I'm Jacob, 18, going to be attending UNCA. This year was my 3rd Animazement and every year it seems to get more fun!

In past years I've cosplayed as Nabeshin but didn't have enough hair to this year :cry:.

In leu of that though, and being the complete head-case that I am, I started the Katamatari with Kaji after the cosplay. I also host the (useless except as a conversation starter) animazement countdown website, which I plan on making look - you know - good sometime this year :P .

Well, that's me; and I love you all! :D
frozendevil
frozendevil
Shonen Bat Victim

Postby KenMaKiryu » Mon May 29, 2006 6:14 pm

How's it goin?

I'm Michael Chun aka KenMaKiryu.
I was the photographer with the Naruto headband tied like a doo-rag.
I've started to collect cosplay pictures, and when I goto a convention, I now have the mindset like pokemon lol. 'Gotta catchem all'

Anyway, I'm not new to conventions. I'm a normal at Neko-Con. It's a tradition for me to go to Neko con, since it was my first. But since Animazement is closer, this will also be a normal every year.

Now if you want to know more about me, visit myspace: http://www.myspace.com/Kenmakiryu
"Hell have no wrath like a woman's scourn."
KenMaKiryu
Shonen Bat Victim

Postby Sephy » Mon May 29, 2006 7:21 pm

Hello, my name is Sean and this past AZ was my second con. My first was AZ in 2004. In '04 I dressed as Sephiroth, but I didn't do anything special this year except let people draw all over me.

I live here in Raleigh and am so happy to be so close to the con. The bad part is I drive by the hotel all the time because of work and get a little bit sad haha.

Anyways, I am definitely already getting set for the big 10 next year.
Sephy
Faceless Minion of Big Fire

Postby Regal » Mon May 29, 2006 11:40 pm

I finally registered for the forum. I've been attending Animazement since it began. I wish I could say I've been to them all, but I know I've missed at least one. My con experience is limited to the southeast, but I've been to AWA many times, Neko Con a few times and MTAC once. All have been fun, but I would say Animazement continues to be the most fun.
Regal
Shonen Bat Victim

Postby Kiki-chan » Tue May 30, 2006 11:01 am

I'm Kiki-chan and this Animazement was my second anime con; my first was AZ '05. I've been in love with anime since... forever XD and I absolutely adore Syaoran-kun! <3 Tehehe. If anyone saw me, I was Sakura-hime from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE on most days, but I also did the pink battle costume from the second Cardcaptor Sakura movie. I had an awesome time and met lots of people there! ^^- I finally decided to register on the forum, too! I hope to see you all next year and in the meantime, around the forums! ^^-
Kiki-chan
Shonen Bat Victim

heyyyy

Postby AHH » Wed May 31, 2006 5:18 pm

Hola! Me llamo Briana! Winston-Salemer and this year (2006) was my first cosplay :-D I was Eternal Sailor Jupiter. Twas so much fun! All the people there are really open and nice, and it's such a colorful display in general

but um, me and my hermano only came friday and we felt bad b/c we only stayed for like 4 hours and missed the cosplay and other such things. But next year I'm staying all three days and might get an art stand because art is my homie. In case anyone wanted to know -.-

Great to meet everyone :-D
moo to the ooh
AHH
Shonen Bat Victim

Hurro

Postby WarpFox » Wed May 31, 2006 6:28 pm

Hia ^.^ I'm WarpFox, or you may know me as the-kid-with-all-the-damn-glowsticks or "where the hell is that music coming from" or "singing ass" :)

I had the purple tail and the dialated eyes ^-^
WarpFox
Shonen Bat Victim

Postby Greed » Wed May 31, 2006 8:38 pm

Ah I remember you vividly. In which I called you Raver Man or something like that.
xBox Live Gamertag: WolfmanStarrk2

http://xvietnamwarx.deviantart.com/ Me DeviantArt :3
Greed
Walking Sake Keg

Hello

Postby Rayvah » Fri Jun 02, 2006 12:05 pm

Hey everybody! This was my first time at Animazement. I was Witch Hunter Robin, Gaara, and Neji respestively

WTR

Gaara

Neji

I had such a great time and looking forward to coming back next year! All the costumes were so amazing -- I think I was most impressed by some of the props the Kingdom Hearts people had. Though the Bleach people were great too. And the Zabuza and Renji guys with their huge swords...erm.

I have some pictures that I'll try to post here too... though it's probabaly not anything you guys haven't already seen.

Had a great weekend! Hope to see you all next year, unless by chance -- living in possibly the same state -- it's sooner!
See you at the Charlotte Cosplay Picnic! (As Neji)
Rayvah
Shonen Bat Victim

Postby Greed » Fri Jun 02, 2006 1:08 pm

Hey, I think I remember seeing you in your Gaara costume that Saturday. I have to say without a doubt that yours was the best Gaara at the whole con. If you remember me, I was the guy dressed as Greed and thus was one of the Kankuro cosplayer's puppets.

Greed
Walking Sake Keg

Postby Rayvah » Fri Jun 02, 2006 1:48 pm

Ooo... I do remember Kankuro having the Greed puppets. I don't know remember which Greed though -- I have pictures of 3 of them! Lol. But they were all fabulous.

So... you were fabulous, whoever you are. :D
Rayvah
Shonen Bat Victim

Postby Milfuelle » Fri Jun 02, 2006 4:06 pm

Ooh..miss Rayvah you were the best Gaara there! I was so very impressed!
Milfuelle
Shonen Bat Victim

Postby Greed » Fri Jun 02, 2006 11:25 pm

I was the Greed puppet that was being forced to do really stupid looking dances and of course the victim of "abuse" in the name of comedy. I'd love to see some of the pics you have taken sometime.

Greed
Walking Sake Keg

Postby Rayvah » Sat Jun 03, 2006 12:40 am

Thanks bunches, both of you! I'm so glad people liked the costume!

I am waiting to get my friends pictures then I'm going to post a link to all of them. It should only be a few days... urgh. I'm anxious to see them myself. We took some pictures from one of the balconies with us laying on the ground below looking deadlike in our costumes.

They didn't turn out on my camera, but my friend says they came out great on his. (waiting)
Rayvah
Shonen Bat Victim

Postby daivoxx » Sat Jun 03, 2006 4:51 am

This is Jody, and you probably remember me as "the guy that cleverly disguised himself as a member of the infinite crowd of otaku." I cosplayed as me this year! Actually, all bad jokes aside, this was the first con I've been to, and I'm looking forward to many more in the future. It was definitely worth the effort to "get in the gate" and I'm hoping to not go it alone next year. Unfortunately, the friends I have are not into anime or Japanese culture at all, so we'll see what happens.

With that in mind, send me lots of messages. I like messages. Especially if you can teach me Japanese.

By the way, I think I fell victim to the infamous "theme bug" when I first registered as well, so rack one more up for the counters on that one.
daivoxx
Shonen Bat Victim

Postby Li-Chan » Sat Jun 03, 2006 2:42 pm

Hello, I'm Li.
This year was my second time going to Animazement (but not my last)!!
I cosplayed as Shuichi from Graviation this year, if you saw me!
Li-Chan
Shonen Bat Victim

Hi there!

Postby Rhapsody » Tue Jun 06, 2006 12:33 am

Hey everyone. Im Ashley from Greenwood SC. I was at Animazement. I didnt dress up, but it was my first con!!! I loved it and I plan on coming next year. DRESSED UP. Oh and if anyone knows this guy

http://img105.imageshack.us/img105/6158/12424956mc.jpg

Please let me know. I want to talk to him. Thanks! :D
Rhapsody
Shonen Bat Victim

Postby Hei The Great » Tue Jun 06, 2006 1:56 pm

Li-Chan wrote:Hello, I'm Li.
This year was my second time going to Animazement (but not my last)!!
I cosplayed as Shuichi from Graviation this year, if you saw me!

Zomg, it's LI-CHAN.

<3 you.

^w^

Well, since I haven't introduced myself, I might as well do so now.

Hei-san here.
Me an' Li-chan went to our first con together, then went again this year.
Then we're going next year, and the year after that and the year after that.... And so on. <3
And last year, I cosplayed as THAT *points to avatar*
When I'm not so lazy, I might have a signature!
Hei The Great
Shonen Bat Victim

Postby Bishie » Thu Jun 08, 2006 7:58 pm

I are Bishie. I am normally called the fwee/ free pocky fairy because I have been giving away free pocky since AZ 02. I have been going since AZ 01 though. (Im a veteran of sorts) The reason for the w in the fwee is because I can't pronounce the letter r ^.^ In case you were wondering.

I live in Boone and travel the 4 hours to con every year ^_^ I also LOVE LOVE meeting new people. Though I am hard to keep a hold of you should always say hi to me at least!!!

The last interesting thing about me is that I am 4'11 and look like I am in middle school (maybe I look like a freshmen...) but I am really almost 20 years old XD hehe acting like a chibi is fun...

Oh my costumes have been
AZ 02: Edward Wong Hau Pepelu Tivrusky the 4th (Cowboy Bebop)
AZ 03: Sumomo (Chobits)
AZ 04: Ukyou (Ranma 1/2) and Hilde (Gundam Wing)
AZ 05: Hotaru (.hack//) and Momiji (Fruits Basket)
AZ 06: Chise (Saikano)
"I have a cloooooooothing stoooooooore in my nooooooooose."- Jurak from Dark Cloud 2

AZ 2011 (11th year @_@)
Yoh from Shaman King, Hilde from Gundam Wing, Washuu from Tenchi Muyo, Celes from FF6, and a secret one...

Be sure to Like Cosplay Random on facebook! :-D
Bishie

Postby Sephy » Thu Jun 08, 2006 8:00 pm

Hey Bishie! I know you, though not very well. I'm Stephanie's friend. Guy that had the Silver RX-7.
Sephy

PreviousNext

Return to Convention Discussion