• It is currently Wed Apr 16, 2014 3:27 am

Sign In

User menu

FAQ
Register
Login
Animazement Fan Forum

Welcome! Introduce yourself here.

Talk about your Animazement plans, and count down the days to Memorial Day weekend with us.

Moderator: Macross-Junkie

Re: Hi there!

Postby Gend0wned » Fri Jun 23, 2006 7:04 pm

Rhapsody wrote:Hey everyone. Im Ashley from Greenwood SC. I was at Animazement. I didnt dress up, but it was my first con!!! I loved it and I plan on coming next year. DRESSED UP. Oh and if anyone knows this guy

http://img105.imageshack.us/img105/6158/12424956mc.jpg

Please let me know. I want to talk to him. Thanks! :D

Holy wow, it's Gendo! *Queues up the theme music*

Down a little bit is my AIM ID, hit me up.

Now I gotta go attend to some... business. *Queues up theme music once more*
God is in his heaven, all is right with the world.
Gend0wned
Shonen Bat Victim

hi!!

Postby LadyEos2002 » Fri Jun 23, 2006 11:44 pm

hi all, I'm Eos-chan. This was my 5th year going!!! XD I was the Akito Sohma running around with a broken foot!!! :D
LadyEos2002
Versailles Obsessed

Postby Utopian Pigeon » Sun Jun 25, 2006 8:13 pm

Either way, hello! I am Courtney(aka that crazy chick #3/question girl), and was that girl with the coco kitty on her head at the last con. It's name is Crist. No not Christ. XD From the Wonderful Win-Sal area of NC, with our Wal-Mart, Mall, and Two, yes Two movie theaters. I swear we are awesome here. jk First time at Animazement was the last one! Will definently attack many more. Ya'll are awesome. (-glompsnarffleglomp-)
AZ 2012
Classy Terra - FF6
Zapdos - Pokemon
Haruko - FLCL
Rikku - FFx-2 Fairy Version
Utopian Pigeon
Shonen Bat Victim

Postby djkidna » Fri Jul 07, 2006 9:26 pm

Konichiwa minna-san! This is the one and only DJ Kidna. If you guys don't know me, you'll find out about me soon enough.

This year was my second year to AZ. I was Dan Hibiki, the one playing all the theme songs all over the con.

Glad to be a part of this community.
djkidna
Low Ranking MACROSS Member

i am new!

Postby ~The~Flame~Alchemist~ » Mon Jul 10, 2006 12:32 pm

Is this where i intraduce myself okay hello i am new nice to meet you all ^^
"The Flame Alchemist....ROY!"
~The~Flame~Alchemist~
Shonen Bat Victim

Postby tech 152 » Wed Jul 12, 2006 2:58 pm

hello i was the person in the yellow FLCL t shirt. animazement was my first anime convention. i kinda felt a bit nervous when i walked into the door to my first anime convention. I'm here in this forum just to make new friends around the durham area. if you want to talk to me please IM me
tech 152
Shonen Bat Victim

Postby mandatehawesome » Wed Aug 02, 2006 5:54 pm

^^ lol I never posted my intro here! anywayz I am Amanda, but people call me Manda Kay! Hmmm... My first AZ was umm... not this year but last (It was the year I moved to NC so I forget lol) Anyway, I was the smaller pocky box on Sat.(the small pink one that was secretly Tai underneath) and this year my friends and I did the skit where they crazy otaku chased me(teh pocky box) and kicked me... yea thats me! And on Friday I was a rather bad Naru (my hair just will not get stright!! grr... I am for sure getting a wig from now on!) Or if you remember the Asuka (school uniform) I was always near by! Oh or the one who people would steal my pocky stick and I would chase them to get it (and fail) ....Sorry for the lenghty intro lol. Anyway, I hope to talk to more of you at AZ next year, I am pretty sure we are going to get a table (not 100 % sure we can though) so i hope to see ya!!

oh, and PMs are fun! or e-mails! either is nice!
mandatehawesome
Shonen Bat Victim

Hello

Postby ladygeorgie » Wed Aug 09, 2006 1:21 pm

Hello, I am new to this forum and I have a question that may already have been covered some where else. For that I apologize but I really need to know... Does anyone know the dates for Animazement 2007? I'm getting a hotel room and I would like to secure my room asap. I check the Animazement site once a week or so but so far it still has the 06 info on it. Can anyone help me? :cry:
Support the Arts: Kiss a Drummer!

www.LadyGeorgie.Deviantart.com
ladygeorgie
Shonen Bat Victim

Re: Hello

Postby William » Thu Aug 10, 2006 1:58 am

ladygeorgie wrote:Hello, I am new to this forum and I have a question that may already have been covered some where else. For that I apologize but I really need to know... Does anyone know the dates for Animazement 2007? I'm getting a hotel room and I would like to secure my room asap. I check the Animazement site once a week or so but so far it still has the 06 info on it. Can anyone help me? :cry:

It'll be whatever weekend Memorial Day falls on from Friday until Sunday, with Thursday night still reserved as precon night.
William Bloodworth
Former Anime Music Video Contest Coordinator | Former Forum Administrator | Former Cosplay DVD Editor | Forever Tiger Tamer
William
The Voice of Reason

Thank you!

Postby ladygeorgie » Sun Aug 13, 2006 11:51 am

Thanx so much. I should go ahead and get my room now, shouldn't I or do you think I should wait until the site is updated with the 07 info?
Support the Arts: Kiss a Drummer!

www.LadyGeorgie.Deviantart.com
ladygeorgie
Shonen Bat Victim

Re: Thank you!

Postby William » Sun Aug 13, 2006 8:22 pm

ladygeorgie wrote:Thanx so much. I should go ahead and get my room now, shouldn't I or do you think I should wait until the site is updated with the 07 info?

Not really my area of expertise, but you could probably reserve a room with the Sheraton for next year now if you wanted. I have no idea if you'd get the Animazement rate at this point in time, however.

I'll ask around and post a new thread when I find out (so we can stop derailing this one).
William Bloodworth
Former Anime Music Video Contest Coordinator | Former Forum Administrator | Former Cosplay DVD Editor | Forever Tiger Tamer
William
The Voice of Reason

Re: Thank you!

Postby mandatehawesome » Thu Aug 17, 2006 6:19 pm

ladygeorgie wrote:Thanx so much. I should go ahead and get my room now, shouldn't I or do you think I should wait until the site is updated with the 07 info?

I reserved about a week after AZ and it worked. I then (about a month ago) called to reserve for a friend (i like talking on the phone hehe) and they had no idea what a animazement was. ( the guy even hung up on me!! :( :( )
mandatehawesome
Shonen Bat Victim

Heylo

Postby (Casull) » Fri Aug 18, 2006 2:22 pm

Hey folks,

I'm new to NC, found out about Animazement and figured I'd go ahead and register on the forums. :P

I used to go to a bunch of Anime Conventions in Houston, so I'm pretty good with them, just kind of looking to meet cool people who're into anime. ^^;; I don't really know anyone out here.

Sooo yeah, what's up?
(Casull)
Shonen Bat Victim

Postby DNAngel_DeadLeaves » Wed Sep 13, 2006 9:35 am

Hi, I'm DNAngel_DeadLeaves. This year will be my first trip to Animazement. I can't wiat. I really want to do Cosplay and cosplay as Ichigo, but I'm not sure my parents would be to happy about me dying my hair! I have a web-site that is about my friends and I. We all love anime and mangas. You have to come by sometime and check it out.
http://www.yankeesrool.proboards56.com
oreta awai tsubasa kimi wa sukoshi aosugiru sora ni tsukareta dake sa
mou dareka no tame janakute jibun no tame ni waratte ii yo
Your folded, fragile wings are just tired from the pure blue sky. You don’t have to force your smiles for anyone. It’s ok to smile... For yourself
DNAngel_DeadLeaves
Shonen Bat Victim

Hi

Postby Kartek » Wed Sep 13, 2006 12:44 pm

Hi,

My name's Evan and I'm in the over 20 crowd. My background is Theatre but I haven't done anything with it lately so I think I'll put my experience to good use by going to my first AZ in 2007.

I've really only become interested in Anime in the last couple years and my only experience is with the shows on Cartoon Network's Adult Swim.

I'm thinking of coming as someone older like Holland from Eureka 7 or maybe Roger Smith from Big O. Maybe Stoner since I like to take pictures.

I'm a friendly guy so do be afraid to chat. :)
-Evan

Cosplaying Holland Novak from Eureka 7:

Ohyacon 2008
Animazement 2009
Kartek
Shonen Bat Victim

Waves Hello!

Postby KyoHana » Wed Sep 20, 2006 2:51 pm

Just dropping by to say 'hi' as I'm brand new to these forums!

My name's Bobbi and I'm definitely over the 'legal age' crowd. In fact, my stock response to those who ask my age is, 'old enough to know better, but young enough not to care!' :lol:

I'm looking forward to attending Animazement 2007. Each year I attend a new (one I've not been to before) anime convention and this coming year, I'm hoping in the car and heading over to Durham. See ya'll there!!
Life is a journey... take it!
KyoHana
Citizen of Macross City

Postby Greed » Fri Sep 29, 2006 4:55 am

Welcome to the Forums, I hope to see you at AZ-X. It's gonna be the best one yet I guarantee! *does a thumbsup pose.*
xBox Live Gamertag: WolfmanStarrk2

http://xvietnamwarx.deviantart.com/ Me DeviantArt :3
Greed
Walking Sake Keg

New

Postby FaiFan120 » Fri Sep 29, 2006 8:55 pm

I'm new here,and I'm thinking of seeing if I could go. What exactly do you do here,like at the actual Animazement.
Heya This is Shara! ~Stay Pitchi Pitchi!~
FaiFan120
Shonen Bat Victim

Postby Macross-Junkie » Sat Sep 30, 2006 10:03 am

There's actually a lot to do at Animazement. If you manage your time right and don't require sleep, you can literally have something to do the whole weekend. Let's see? You want to know what Animazement has to offer, so let's go through the list...

Video Rooms (showing Anime 24/7)
Gaming Room (video games of all types)
Cosplay (dress up as your favorite Anime charecter)
Cosplay Contest (win swag for dressing up as your favorite Anime charecter)
Fan Panels (all types of "How To's" & "Why" panels)
Dealers Room (buy hard to find Anime merch.)
Artist Alley (meet and talk to upcoming US Manga artists)
Special Guests (meet people from Japan who helped make your Anime)
US Guests (talk to industry types and ask questions about the US industry)
Music Videos Contest (see awsome fan made Anime Music Videos)
Anime Hell (watch wacky stuff from Japan and ask yourself why?)

These are just a few of the many things that go on at a typical AZ. The next AZ will be number ten, and there is going to be some extra special stuff going on. I hope this helps in making your decision to attend or not. We hope to see you there...
"Which side are we on? We're on the side of the demons, Chief. We are evil men in the gardens of paradise, sent by the forces of death to spread devastation and destruction where ever we go. I'm surprised you didn't know that."
- Col. Tigh / Battlestar Galactica
Macross-Junkie
Starfleet Captain

Postby William » Sat Sep 30, 2006 12:06 pm

Macross-Junkie wrote:Anime Hell (watch wacky stuff from Japan and ask yourself why?)

I dunno, as of late Anime Hell seems to pull more from Germany or from America prior to the 1970s. Of course, it's all good.
William Bloodworth
William
The Voice of Reason

PreviousNext

Return to Convention Discussion