• http://www.animazement.org/
  • It is currently Wed Apr 23, 2014 9:55 pm

Sign In

User menu

FAQ
Register
Login
Animazement Fan Forum

Official Video Request Thread For Animazement 2013!

Talk about your Animazement plans, and count down the days to Memorial Day weekend with us.

Moderator: Macross-Junkie

Re: Official Video Request Thread For Animazement 2013!

Postby Phil » Wed Jan 30, 2013 10:16 am

Macross-Junkie wrote:Not to worry, Rose Of Versallies is on the schedule (my copy is already on order).

Awesome. I'm still completely flabergasted that RoV is getting a US release, but we may as well take advantage of this mysterious blessing.

As for Space Adventure Cobra TV, it's going to have to make it on the schedule next year, seeing as I've already obtained permission for the Cobra Movie which came out a week after AZ last year.

As long as there's Cobra on the AZ schedule, it's all good.

Now about Patlabor... We may have two guests that worked on all three of the feature length films coming, so that's where you're going to get your Patlabor fix this year.

That would be totally awesome and you can't go wrong with the Patlabor films either way. Well...okay, WXIII wasn't amazing, but it's still pretty solid. Oooh, if you can work in Minipato at the same time, that would also be awesome.

On a lighter note, you may be happy to hear I'm planning on putting on a panel this year dedicated to Rumik Theater.

You're definitely getting old school with the Rumik Theater there, but hopefully you can draw in some of the Inu Yasha fans. Are people into Rin-ne? Maybe they'll show up, too.

Of course, if you really want to dig deep into Takahashi territory then you've gotta bust out stuff like Maris the Chojo and One Pound Gospel. Awww, yeah.
I'm not sure what's going on here, but have you watched any of these Japaheeno guns-and-hooters cartoon movies?
Phil
An Elder God...

Postby Macross-Junkie » Wed Jan 30, 2013 4:48 pm

I did a "One Pound Gospel" panel about two years back that was packed. I'm hoping the interest in Rumiko Takahashi hasn't died down, can lightning strike twice... As for what I'll be showing during the two panels, I have "Maris The Chojo", "Fire Tripper", "Mermaid Forest" (the original), and "Laughing Target".
"Which side are we on? We're on the side of the demons, Chief. We are evil men in the gardens of paradise, sent by the forces of death to spread devastation and destruction where ever we go. I'm surprised you didn't know that."
- Col. Tigh / Battlestar Galactica
Macross-Junkie
Starfleet Captain

Postby Phil » Thu Jan 31, 2013 9:45 am

Macross-Junkie wrote:As for what I'll be showing during the two panels, I have "Maris The Chojo", "Fire Tripper", "Mermaid Forest" (the original), and "Laughing Target".

Ooh, excellent. Mermaid Forest has been revived a couple of times since then, but I always liked the original OVA the best. Maris the Chojo is a hoot. I can't even remember much about Fire Tripper or Laughing Target, it's been so long since I've seen 'em...obviously I should drop by your panels!
I'm not sure what's going on here, but have you watched any of these Japaheeno guns-and-hooters cartoon movies?
Phil
An Elder God...

Postby cphantasm89 » Tue Feb 05, 2013 3:03 pm

You've got to play some Mongolian Chop Squad.

Outlaw Star would be amazing too, that one never gets old.
cphantasm89
Shonen Bat Victim

Postby Shenanagan » Tue Feb 05, 2013 7:09 pm

cphantasm89 wrote:You've got to play some Mongolian Chop Squad.

Outlaw Star would be amazing too, that one never gets old.

I would definitely be down with some Outlaw Star, and Galaxy Express too!
Shenanagan
Shinsengumi Veteran

Postby Macross-Junkie » Wed Feb 06, 2013 6:04 pm

You will be happy to know that the newest Galaxy Express movie will be shown, but not the TV. Seems that S'More Entertainment is a bit territorial about letting cons have permission to show the TV, dunno why really, you think it would be in their best interest...

And for those of you that care, Detroit Metal City will be in one of the viewing rooms... Lets here it for Death Metal!!! CHUGGA CHUGGA...
"Which side are we on? We're on the side of the demons, Chief. We are evil men in the gardens of paradise, sent by the forces of death to spread devastation and destruction where ever we go. I'm surprised you didn't know that."
Macross-Junkie
Starfleet Captain

Postby L » Sun Feb 17, 2013 10:57 pm

Sword Art Online!
L
Puchuu Army Commander

Postby Macross-Junkie » Mon Feb 25, 2013 1:53 pm

Sorry L, but Aniplex hasn't released "Sword Art Online" in the states yet, and even if they had, they have already promised the premier to Anime Boston according to ANN...
Macross-Junkie
Starfleet Captain

Postby DrGonzo369 » Tue Feb 26, 2013 10:20 am

Cobra! Cobra! Cobra!!!!!

Dirty Pair! Nadesico (DUBBED!)! TYLOR (again DUBBED!)!!!!!
Ben: There is nothing sadder, Joe, than a sad Japanese man.
Joe: Boy, I'll say...
Image Seat 30

DrGonzo369
The Good Doctor of Otaku-ism

Postby MinaUchiha2 » Tue Feb 26, 2013 12:06 pm

Gonna request it but doubt it'll happen. Anything Sailor Moon. It'd be nice with the new anime coming out in the summer. Doesn't hurt to ask!
MinaUchiha2
The Cosplay Uke

Postby animedreamer102 » Mon Mar 18, 2013 11:09 pm

I'm happy to hear about ROV... *also pre-ordered*

Some anime I'd like to see are:

Tales of Vesperia: The First Strike
Berserk: The Golden Age Arc I - The Egg of the King
Rurouni Kenshin: New Kyoto Arc
A Certain Scientific Railgun S1
Golden Boy
animedreamer102
Shonen Bat Victim

Postby IsiInoForever » Thu Mar 21, 2013 1:10 pm

How about

Fushigi Yugi
Blue Seed
Jellyfish Princess
Az 2014 Cosplay:
Jynx/Pokemon : 10 %
TenderHeart/Care Bear : 100% done
Melophme (one of the Muses)/Disney's Hercules : 10%
IsiInoForever
Skilled Valkyrie Pilot

Postby HeroOfTime » Thu Apr 18, 2013 7:12 am

I second jellyfish princess!

Something that is love to see is just some studio ghibli films like spirited away! They're such great movies!
2014 Plans!
Friday- Ayaka Shindo (Beyond the Boundry)
Saturday- Sasha Braus
Sunday- Ashe
HeroOfTime
Citizen of Macross City

Postby Macross-Junkie » Fri Apr 19, 2013 6:32 am

HeroOfTime wrote:I second jellyfish princess!

Something that is love to see is just some studio ghibli films like spirited away! They're such great movies!

We actually showed Princess Jellyfish last year, which means it won't make it back into the rotation for atleast two years. As for Miyizaki films, we tried this year to negotiate a deal with G-Kids (the distributor for Miyizaki films in the U.S.) but they wanted far to much money per film. Plus they required that we have special equipment because their deal with Ghibli in Japan required them to only distribute 35mm prints, which would add an additional cost in equipment and manpower.

As of now the video schedule is going through final revisions, and if the powers that be will allow us, we may have it posted on the website well before the con...
Macross-Junkie
Starfleet Captain

Postby Phil » Tue May 07, 2013 8:45 am

[quote="Macross-Junkie"As for Miyizaki films, we tried this year to negotiate a deal with G-Kids (the distributor for Miyizaki films in the U.S.) but they wanted far to much money per film. Plus they required that we have special equipment because their deal with Ghibli in Japan required them to only distribute 35mm prints, which would add an additional cost in equipment and manpower.[/quote]

Unfortunately, Animazement is not the place to show 35mm film prints. On the plus side, it turns out that the Carolina Theatre in Durham is, since they've scheduled a second Studio Ghibli film series. Coming in late June, they'll have beautiful new 35mm subtitled prints of seven Ghibli flicks, so for anyone disappointed that we can't show 'em at AZ, be sure to catch them on the big screen at the Carolina.

Not to derail the convention video room schedule or anything, but I'm just excited to share the news!

Also, I'm excited to see that Right Stuf just shipped my copy of the first Rose of Versailles set, and presumably Chad's as well, so hopefully we're on track to have that available to show at the convention this year.
Phil
An Elder God...

Postby DrGonzo369 » Thu May 16, 2013 2:17 pm

First Squad on bluray in Russian. DO THIS!
Ben: There is nothing sadder, Joe, than a sad Japanese man.
Joe: Boy, I'll say...
Image Seat 30

DrGonzo369
The Good Doctor of Otaku-ism

Postby Macross-Junkie » Fri May 17, 2013 8:45 pm

We actually showed it last year, so it's off the rotation for at least three years... Sorry...
Macross-Junkie
Starfleet Captain

Postby Phil » Sat May 18, 2013 9:59 am

Have you got a video schedule to show us yet, Chad?
Phil
An Elder God...

Previous

Return to Convention Discussion