• http://www.animazement.org/
  • It is currently Wed Apr 16, 2014 6:26 am

Sign In

User menu

FAQ
Register
Login
Animazement Fan Forum

Official Video Request Thread For Animazement 2014!

Talk about your Animazement plans, and count down the days to Memorial Day weekend with us.

Moderator: Macross-Junkie

Re: Official Video Request Thread For Animazement 2014!

Postby megaplushie » Wed Dec 04, 2013 3:33 am

kaiser_forsaken wrote:I wish I was that motorcycle seat.

God, I haven't seen that in years. Might need to go find the DVDs.

Me too.

I bought the DVD set at this year's con for I think $15. Well worth it for all the lulz.
megaplushie
OM NOM NOM NOM

Postby Macross-Junkie » Wed Dec 04, 2013 7:36 am

It's been about two or three years since we've shown the adventures of Kentaro Oh, so I think we can work Golden Boy onto the list...
"Which side are we on? We're on the side of the demons, Chief. We are evil men in the gardens of paradise, sent by the forces of death to spread devastation and destruction where ever we go. I'm surprised you didn't know that."
- Col. Tigh / Battlestar Galactica
Macross-Junkie
Starfleet Captain

Postby megaplushie » Thu Dec 05, 2013 1:36 am

Macross-Junkie wrote:It's been about two or three years since we've shown the adventures of Kentaro Oh, so I think we can work Golden Boy onto the list...

megaplushie
OM NOM NOM NOM

Postby Phil » Thu Dec 19, 2013 2:08 pm

Macross-Junkie wrote:Lupin III "Bye Bye Liberty Crisis" probably won't be out by AZ considering they just announced it, and the lag time of Discoteks releases.

Just so you know, Discotek just announced that Lupin III: Bye Bye Liberty Crisis is being released on 03/25/14. Woo! And, on the same day, they're releasing a box set of all of Fist of the North Star, which will finally get me to pick up the series. If Kenshiro hasn't made an appearance lately, there's a good excuse for a return engagement. I think more of our attendees need to be informed that they are, in fact, in shock.
I'm not sure what's going on here, but have you watched any of these Japaheeno guns-and-hooters cartoon movies?
Phil
An Elder God...

Postby kaiser_forsaken » Fri Dec 20, 2013 11:17 am

YOU WA SHOCK!

That will be showing in the video room of lingering regret, right?
AZ 2014: Gambit (X-treme X-men), Kirito (Sword Art Online), other costumes TBD
kaiser_forsaken
Gotei 13 Captain

Postby Macross-Junkie » Thu Jan 02, 2014 5:38 pm

So over the past few months I've been amassing Laserdiscs and VHS copies of stuff that I think would be fun to show at AZ, and I thought I'd run this by you guys first and see what you think. Later this month AZ Staff has a meeting, and while at this meeting I'm going to see if I can aquire one of the Panel Rooms for just one day (possibly the Guest Panel Room closest to Video 3 on the left side of the Convention Center, because these rooms aren't utilized as much because they are set aside specificly for guests). I figure, If I can get one of these rooms for just a day, and they can work everything else around me for just that day, then they can have it back for the rest of the weekend. Or the 2nd Idea would be to do Laserdisc / VHS Theater on Thursday Night, who knows.

The point is, I've gotten some interesting stuff that's both dramatically good, and horribly bad to torture and please the soul. And I might even find some room to squeeze in one or two RAW Japanese titles just for fun. Stuff like...

Sho Fumimura's / Ryoichi Ikegami's Sanctuary
Final Fantasy
One Pound Gospel
Super Dimensional Century Orguss
Laughing Target
Mermaid Forest (The original one, not the one done in the late 90's)
Compiler 1 & 2
Zenki
Homeroom Affairs 1 & 2
Maris The Chojo
Crystal Triangle
Roots Search
Fire Tripper
Wannabe's
Blue Sonnet
Master Of Mosquiton '99
Sol Bianca (The original one, not the early 00's one)
Ultimate Teacher
Dragons Heaven
Violinist Of Hamlin The Movie
Bauken Campuss Guardress
Twilight Of The Cockroaches

I know Phil would without a doubt approve of most of this. If this gets the Green Light at the meeting, I'll let you know, and then I'll be off to purchase a used LD player on eBay (because I'm not taking my pristine player to AZ)...
"Which side are we on? We're on the side of the demons, Chief. We are evil men in the gardens of paradise, sent by the forces of death to spread devastation and destruction where ever we go. I'm surprised you didn't know that."
Macross-Junkie
Starfleet Captain

Postby kaiser_forsaken » Thu Jan 02, 2014 9:02 pm

I HIGHLY approve of the last 6 titles on that list. :D
AZ 2014: Gambit (X-treme X-men), Kirito (Sword Art Online), other costumes TBD
kaiser_forsaken
Gotei 13 Captain

Postby Phil » Fri Jan 03, 2014 11:27 am

I certainly approve of basically that entire list! Some of those are forgotten classics, some of those have been forgotten with good reason, and some are just plain forgotten, but all of 'em of are interest in some way or another. Well, maybe not the Final Fantasy OVAs, those are pretty bad, and the less said about Roots Search and Crystal Triangle the better.

Highlights of that list that I'd absolutely encourage folks to go check out would be Sol Bianca, Dragon's Heaven, Maris the Choujo (all of the Rumic World stuff, really, but this is my personal fave), Sanctuary, Wannabe's, and Campus Guardress. So, if you're told to trim the list down, those are the titles I'd second.

I also wholeheartedly approve of putting a LD player back into the video rooms! I just checked Craigslist and there were a variety of players, with or without LDs, for sale for around $100 in the Triangle area. Also, I'm pleased to report that some of my old school anime pals and I watched a bunch of LDs last week. Macross: Do You Remember Love? (from the CAV boxed set, of course), Arcadia of my Youth, Macross 7: The Galaxy is Calling Me! (aka Pedro Rules and Emilia Totally Rules All), Macross Plus OVA 1, Tenchi Muyo! OVA 1, the Maison Ikkoku movie, plus live action classics like Blade Runner, Evil Dead 2, Real Genius, and the first episode of The Prisoner. It was a savage, totally awesome flashback.

Finally, the real hit of my visit with old pals was perhaps the finest OVA series ever made: Mad Bull 34. Assuming we're still allowed to show mature (read: wildly gratuitous and hysterically tasteless) titles late at night, then Mad Bull comes highly recommended. Well, "recommended" might not quite be the right word, but you know what I mean.
I'm not sure what's going on here, but have you watched any of these Japaheeno guns-and-hooters cartoon movies?
Phil
An Elder God...

Postby Phil » Fri Jan 03, 2014 11:35 am

Also, if we get a LD player hooked up in one of the video rooms I can bring the X2 LD to kick off the convention in style. While we're at it we can follow it up with Bronze: Cathexis (for the ladies!) and Patlabor Music Clips and just make it a music video extravaganza.
Phil
An Elder God...

Postby Macross-Junkie » Wed Jan 15, 2014 6:44 pm

It looks like with the recent passing of Koichi Tsunoda, and how involved he was with AZ over the years, we're going to be doubling up on some stuff. Things like Harlock TV and Arcadia Of My Youth, and Galaxy Express 999 TV and Movie, as well as some other good old school stuff. Going to try to get my hands on Discoteks release of Mazinger Z TV out in March to celebrate Mr. Tsunoda-Sensei's life...
Macross-Junkie
Starfleet Captain

Postby DrGonzo369 » Wed Jan 15, 2014 10:43 pm

Chad, what are you talking about? Save a tweet in French, I see nothing about him passing. A Koichi Tsunoda died in California...in 1989.

Phil: Mmmmmmmm, Emilia.......
Ben: There is nothing sadder, Joe, than a sad Japanese man.
Joe: Boy, I'll say...
Image Seat 30

DrGonzo369
The Good Doctor of Otaku-ism

Postby Macross-Junkie » Thu Jan 16, 2014 9:27 am

I probably spilled the beans early, his family probably hasn't released the details, but Tsunoda Sensei passed this past week of complications with cancer. At least that's what I've been told by our Director. She stays in close contact with him because he's been a friend of the con for so many years. Hell, he's been doing the Staff t-shirt designs for years.
Macross-Junkie
Starfleet Captain

Postby Macross-Junkie » Tue Jan 21, 2014 4:25 pm

O.K., "Anime Time Forgot / LD & VHS Theater" has been green-lit, but the only place they can put me on the schedule is Thursday night. But I will have a whole panel room dedicated to this endeavor. Now to fill out the necessary paperwork to turn into our panel coordinator (yes even staff have to go through the hoops), and figure out the logistics. Oh and I have to find someone familiar with the equipment to run it, because I have other con-duties to perform on Thursday... Wish me luck!
Macross-Junkie
Starfleet Captain

Postby Phil » Wed Jan 22, 2014 10:02 am

It's very sad to hear of Tsunoda-sensei's passing and I wish his family the very best. In honor of the man I strongly second Arcadia of my Youth, GE999, and would also suggest we break out the original Towards the Terra feature film. Also, this requires copious amounts of Mazinger Z, which will thankfully be available in the US on DVD just before the con.

I'm also glad to hear that the Dead Media Room has been approved, even if it's only for Thursday night. Seriously, Chad, say the word and I'll show up with the X2 LD to kick things off in style.
Phil
An Elder God...

Postby Macross-Junkie » Wed Jan 29, 2014 6:56 pm

I'm taking suggestions for the next week or so, as to what I should call this Laserdisc / VHS Monstrosity. I'm thinking of just calling it "Pile Of Shame" in honor of Justin Sevakis's column on ANN... So let the suggestions fly, what should we call this thing? I have to know soon if I'm going to submit it to our panel coordinator (considering I will be using one of his panel rooms)...
Macross-Junkie
Starfleet Captain

Postby Phil » Thu Jan 30, 2014 9:51 am

Macross-Junkie wrote:So let the suggestions fly, what should we call this thing?

Laserdisc: God's Own Video Format.
Phil
An Elder God...

Postby Macross-Junkie » Sat Feb 01, 2014 6:25 pm

Phil wrote:
Macross-Junkie wrote:So let the suggestions fly, what should we call this thing?

Laserdisc: God's Own Video Format.

Sorry, but I can't limit myself like that. I'm planning on bringing both a LD Player and a VCR, so I need a name with a wider berth...

Here's a few more I've come up with...

Macross-Junkies Totally Bad Anime Theater
The Totally Bad 80's and 90's...
Enter The House Of Pain: "Anime You Wish Time Forgot"
Night Of The Living Salary Man

Any insight, any suggestions???
Macross-Junkie
Starfleet Captain

Postby Macross-Junkie » Sun Feb 09, 2014 4:03 am

I think I have it...

"My Pain Hurts, 90's Emo Anime"

I'm going to type up a disclaimer for any cerebral damage the Anime shown might cuase, and have it printed out poster size and hung near the door...
Macross-Junkie
Starfleet Captain

Postby Skrybe » Sat Apr 05, 2014 4:34 pm

Since the Blu-Ray is shipping to the US this coming week, can we expect you guys to screen Madoka Magica: Rebellion?
Skrybe
Shonen Bat Victim

Postby Macross-Junkie » Mon Apr 07, 2014 4:26 am

Skrybe wrote:Since the Blu-Ray is shipping to the US this coming week, can we expect you guys to screen Madoka Magica: Rebellion?

Unfortunatly the answer is no. Even though Aniplex is one of our featured guests, they gave us a very rude NO when we asked about showing Rebellion. Apparently another unnamed convention has brokered a deal to have the U.S. exclusive later this summer... Sorry guys and gals...

We do have the exclusive screening of Mai Mai Miricle for their DVD/Blu-Ray release though...
Macross-Junkie
Starfleet Captain

PreviousNext

Return to Convention Discussion