• http://www.animazement.org/
  • It is currently Sun Apr 20, 2014 10:13 pm

Sign In

User menu

FAQ
Register
Login
Animazement Fan Forum

Wig and Costume Tutorials!

Ask questions, discuss design tips and find others to organize a memorable photo shoot!

Moderator: PuppetQueen

Postby whitepearlmermaid124 » Fri Jul 03, 2009 1:31 pm

thank you!!!
now i know how to make them for my friend's meroko, too!!
User avatar
whitepearlmermaid124
Consumer of Choco Cornets
 
Posts: 359
Joined: Sun May 17, 2009 5:27 pm
Location: On Earth

Postby teichou » Wed Jul 08, 2009 12:05 pm

Hey everybody! Remember the captain crunch dude from friday at the con?! well i need to make a really big head for my sisters outfit. it wont be the captain himself.. its another character. does anyone have any ideas on how to make that?? im not sure de'coupache would support the weight... and besides it would have a funny texture. i want it to be smooth on the outside..

any suggestions?? PLEASE!! :oops:
2010!!!!
KuuKaka Shiba, (maybe) Hitsugaya Teichou - bankai form
User avatar
teichou
Shonen Bat Victim
 
Posts: 1
Joined: Sun Jul 05, 2009 12:09 pm
Location: W-S

Postby colonel mustang » Sun Jul 12, 2009 11:38 pm

i want to make a manalorian armor suit anyone know how?
Piece is a lie, there is only darkness
Through the darkness, I gain strength
Through strength, I gain power
With power, I gain control
With control, my shackles are destroyed
The shadows Shall shall give me strength
But the Light will show me the way
User avatar
colonel mustang
Shonen Bat Victim
 
Posts: 2
Joined: Sat Apr 25, 2009 10:40 pm
Location: Omnem dimittite spem, o vos intrantes

Postby Black Lace » Mon Jul 13, 2009 7:10 pm

I know alot of people have dark hair and I was wondering when they where a different colored wig (ex. blonde) how do they concela of blend their eyebrows to the wig to make it more natural looking?
User avatar
Black Lace
Newest Host in Ouran High School
 
Posts: 220
Joined: Mon May 05, 2008 5:41 pm
Location: Phantasma

Postby Aikitiskui » Sun Jul 19, 2009 11:06 am

i need help with Xerxes breaks outfit from Pandora hearts i cant find a pattern or good refrence images
Animazement 2011 Cosplays
Visual kei Ritsuka - Loveless [85% Complete]
Touji Seryou - Seven Days [50% Complete]
Zaiden[maybe] - Original Character [100%]
User avatar
Aikitiskui
Citizen of Macross City
 
Posts: 15
Joined: Fri Apr 11, 2008 9:02 am
Location: Charlotte , NC

Postby o01101011 » Sun Jul 19, 2009 1:14 pm

Black Lace wrote:I know alot of people have dark hair and I was wondering when they where a different colored wig (ex. blonde) how do they concela of blend their eyebrows to the wig to make it more natural looking?


http://www.cosplay.com/showthread.php?t=152632
User avatar
o01101011
S.O.S. Brigade Initiate
 
Posts: 192
Joined: Tue Feb 26, 2008 8:46 pm

Postby Black Lace » Sun Jul 19, 2009 1:18 pm

o01101011 wrote:
Black Lace wrote:I know alot of people have dark hair and I was wondering when they where a different colored wig (ex. blonde) how do they concela of blend their eyebrows to the wig to make it more natural looking?


http://www.cosplay.com/showthread.php?t=152632


wow, thank you.
User avatar
Black Lace
Newest Host in Ouran High School
 
Posts: 220
Joined: Mon May 05, 2008 5:41 pm
Location: Phantasma

Re: Costume Tutorials!

Postby Raining-x-Otaku12 » Fri Aug 21, 2009 9:12 pm

Does anyone have any tutorials for how to make China's ( From Axis Powers Hetalia ) traditional outfit he wears?
2010 Cosplays!
Belphegor from Reborn!
China ( Wang Yao ) from Axis Powers Hetalia
User avatar
Raining-x-Otaku12
Shonen Bat Victim
 
Posts: 4
Joined: Mon May 11, 2009 6:53 pm

Re: Costume Tutorials!

Postby o01101011 » Sat Aug 22, 2009 1:46 pm

He wears a mens cheongsam and rather basic pants (you could honestly use a scrub or pj pattern for his pants...) so I would look for patterns at your local fabric shop.
User avatar
o01101011
S.O.S. Brigade Initiate
 
Posts: 192
Joined: Tue Feb 26, 2008 8:46 pm

Re: Costume Tutorials!

Postby Raining-x-Otaku12 » Sun Aug 23, 2009 4:09 pm

Ah, thank you ~ !
I know his outfit is pretty basic, but I couldn't find it anywhere...
But thanks for the name ~ I'll go look s'more ~
2010 Cosplays!
Belphegor from Reborn!
China ( Wang Yao ) from Axis Powers Hetalia
User avatar
Raining-x-Otaku12
Shonen Bat Victim
 
Posts: 4
Joined: Mon May 11, 2009 6:53 pm

Re: Costume Tutorials!

Postby AZ_belle_45 » Fri Aug 28, 2009 12:47 pm

I'm looking for a good Halibel (Harribel) wig, Ive seen one online for about $60 but I was trying to go a bit cheaper, plus I saw one one the same website where I got the costume but it didn't look like the right color. Does anyone know of a good website that I can get a wig and maybe style it myself that looks about the same color or a cheaper one then 60 bucks???
~if life is but a fleeting dream...please do not wake me~
~♡☆~♡☆~♡☆~♡☆~



planned AZ 2013 cosplay:
saeko busujima--high school of the dead
valentine--skullgirls
gender bender rolf--ed, edd, and eddy
Female shredder--teenage mutant ninja turtles
User avatar
AZ_belle_45
Your Emergency Flotation Device
 
Posts: 465
Joined: Sun Aug 09, 2009 12:21 am
Location: in a box being shipped to nom nom land _/(._. )\_

Re: Costume Tutorials!

Postby o01101011 » Fri Aug 28, 2009 4:04 pm

Cosworx.com or amphigory.com Punky. Trim up the back a little, spike it, and add wefts for the long portions as needed.
User avatar
o01101011
S.O.S. Brigade Initiate
 
Posts: 192
Joined: Tue Feb 26, 2008 8:46 pm

Re:

Postby middayice » Fri Aug 28, 2009 6:00 pm

teichou wrote:Hey everybody! Remember the captain crunch dude from friday at the con?! well i need to make a really big head for my sisters outfit. it wont be the captain himself.. its another character. does anyone have any ideas on how to make that?? im not sure de'coupache would support the weight... and besides it would have a funny texture. i want it to be smooth on the outside..

any suggestions?? PLEASE!! :oops:



wire mesh you can easly find it at a supply store. then do it kinda like u would with news paper and glue to get the original shape. mold magic also does well..
Az 2013

UInsure on cosplay
User avatar
middayice
Faceless Minion of Big Fire
 
Posts: 42
Joined: Thu Apr 09, 2009 1:26 am

Re: Costume Tutorials!

Postby AZ_belle_45 » Fri Aug 28, 2009 10:00 pm

o01101011 wrote:Cosworx.com or amphigory.com Punky. Trim up the back a little, spike it, and add wefts for the long portions as needed.

yeah I saw one one cosworx and someone suggested the punky XL but I wasn't sure on the color >> I didn't want to get yellow because I wanted it to look somewhat real, but I guess I'll just have to compare and contrast, thanks for the suggestion =]
~if life is but a fleeting dream...please do not wake me~
~♡☆~♡☆~♡☆~♡☆~



planned AZ 2013 cosplay:
saeko busujima--high school of the dead
valentine--skullgirls
gender bender rolf--ed, edd, and eddy
Female shredder--teenage mutant ninja turtles
User avatar
AZ_belle_45
Your Emergency Flotation Device
 
Posts: 465
Joined: Sun Aug 09, 2009 12:21 am
Location: in a box being shipped to nom nom land _/(._. )\_

Re: Costume Tutorials!

Postby MinaUchiha2 » Sat Aug 29, 2009 6:23 pm

AZ_belle_45 wrote:
o01101011 wrote:Cosworx.com or amphigory.com Punky. Trim up the back a little, spike it, and add wefts for the long portions as needed.

yeah I saw one one cosworx and someone suggested the punky XL but I wasn't sure on the color >> I didn't want to get yellow because I wanted it to look somewhat real, but I guess I'll just have to compare and contrast, thanks for the suggestion =]

Cosworx, has links on the left side of their page to each wig sets colors and most have atleast 3 different blondes to pick from. So you don't have to go with just plain/overly bright yellows.
User avatar
MinaUchiha2
The Cosplay Uke
 
Posts: 1848
Joined: Sun Feb 17, 2008 9:26 pm
Location: somewhere in lala land

Re: Costume Tutorials!

Postby AZ_belle_45 » Mon Aug 31, 2009 12:26 pm

MinaUchiha2 wrote:
AZ_belle_45 wrote:
o01101011 wrote:Cosworx.com or amphigory.com Punky. Trim up the back a little, spike it, and add wefts for the long portions as needed.

yeah I saw one one cosworx and someone suggested the punky XL but I wasn't sure on the color >> I didn't want to get yellow because I wanted it to look somewhat real, but I guess I'll just have to compare and contrast, thanks for the suggestion =]

Cosworx, has links on the left side of their page to each wig sets colors and most have atleast 3 different blondes to pick from. So you don't have to go with just plain/overly bright yellows.

ok, I'll give it a look, thanks =]
~if life is but a fleeting dream...please do not wake me~
~♡☆~♡☆~♡☆~♡☆~



planned AZ 2013 cosplay:
saeko busujima--high school of the dead
valentine--skullgirls
gender bender rolf--ed, edd, and eddy
Female shredder--teenage mutant ninja turtles
User avatar
AZ_belle_45
Your Emergency Flotation Device
 
Posts: 465
Joined: Sun Aug 09, 2009 12:21 am
Location: in a box being shipped to nom nom land _/(._. )\_

Re: Costume Tutorials!

Postby vashken » Thu Sep 24, 2009 10:59 pm

otay, so i'm looking for a tutorial on making semi detailed replicas on gene starwinds caster gun and wolfwoods cross (unwrapped), anyone find anything please let me know ^_^
cosplays for 2011
Dr. Franken Stein (soul eater):65%
Nicholas D. Wolfwood (trigun):100%

possibilities:
Vash The Stampede (trigun):100%{temp out for repair work and modifications}
Alucard (hellsing): 45%
Kyoya (ouran high host club) 30%
Daisuke jigen (lupin the third): 0%
Cho Hakkai (saiyuki) 0%
Gene Starwind (outlaw star):0%
User avatar
vashken
Mahou Otaku Pretty Fanservice
 
Posts: 126
Joined: Mon May 25, 2009 9:51 pm
Location: hope mills nc.

Re: Costume Tutorials!

Postby Changing_costumes » Tue Oct 27, 2009 8:03 pm

Does anyone have any ideas about how I should make my fly trap for a Zetsu costume. I was thinking cardboard, but that just feels kinda sloppy.
My avatar is from of the lovely http://www.fanpop.com/fans/DeadlyRose


My costume changes yearly, hence the name. On Sunday, however, you will see me in a kimono because I am too lazy to dress up that day and by then my costume needs to be washed.
Changing_costumes
Shonen Bat Victim
 
Posts: 2
Joined: Sun Jul 12, 2009 9:51 pm

Re: Costume Tutorials!

Postby Chelseahavoc » Tue Oct 27, 2009 8:30 pm

Changing_costumes wrote:Does anyone have any ideas about how I should make my fly trap for a Zetsu costume. I was thinking cardboard, but that just feels kinda sloppy.


i've seen people do realy good jobs with cardboard. you could also try poster board or if you realy want a callenge you can use wire and streatchy fabric the same way youd make fairy wings
User avatar
Chelseahavoc
Shonen Bat Victim
 
Posts: 9
Joined: Mon Oct 26, 2009 2:35 pm
Location: fayetteville

Re: Costume Tutorials!

Postby Changing_costumes » Tue Oct 27, 2009 10:56 pm

Chelseahavoc wrote:
Changing_costumes wrote:Does anyone have any ideas about how I should make my fly trap for a Zetsu costume. I was thinking cardboard, but that just feels kinda sloppy.


i've seen people do realy good jobs with cardboard. you could also try poster board or if you realy want a callenge you can use wire and streatchy fabric the same way youd make fairy wings


Thanks!
My avatar is from of the lovely http://www.fanpop.com/fans/DeadlyRose


My costume changes yearly, hence the name. On Sunday, however, you will see me in a kimono because I am too lazy to dress up that day and by then my costume needs to be washed.
Changing_costumes
Shonen Bat Victim
 
Posts: 2
Joined: Sun Jul 12, 2009 9:51 pm

PreviousNext

Return to Cosplay Q and A

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest

 

Who is online

In total there is 1 user online :: 0 registered, 0 hidden and 1 guest (based on users active over the past 5 minutes)
Most users ever online was 122 on Mon Aug 13, 2007 12:19 am

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest