• It is currently Sat Apr 19, 2014 11:19 pm

Sign In

User menu

FAQ
Register
Login
Animazement Fan Forum

Working out and cosplay

Ask questions, discuss design tips and find others to organize a memorable photo shoot!

Moderator: PuppetQueen

Re: Working out and cosplay

Postby donttouchmymilk » Sun Mar 17, 2013 3:37 pm

AZ_belle_45 wrote: I have lost some weight here and there since I last posted ^^ everyone says they can tell from every angle. c: Next step will be to make a commitment to do some kind of workout at least an hour a day and on my off days, an hour twice a day. Hopefully I will get better results and really see change!

Congrats on your weight loss! It always feels good when other people notice :) Sounds like you're doing well with your diet. Good luck getting started on your exercise!

I'm officially 1 month away from the half marathon. Ran 8 miles this morning, which is the furthest I've ever gone. Really proud of myself. I think I've decided that my Animazement goal is to be under 140 pounds. That would put me about 15 pounds lighter than last AZ, and almost 40 pounds lighter than the AZ before. Still about 8 pounds to go, but hopefully I can do it. I've got to try and put as much time into eating right as I do exercising.
AZ 2014 Posibilities
Effie Butterfly Dress (HG Catching Fire) - 20%
Clicker (Last of Us) - 65%
Karen Smith Halloween outfit (Mean Girls) - 75%
Ursula (Little Mermaid)- 100%

http://donttouchmymilk.deviantart.com/
donttouchmymilk
Faceless Minion of Big Fire

Postby sleeplessknight » Wed Mar 27, 2013 12:17 am

I've lost about 11 pounds since January and still going strong. Haven't started an exercise regimen yet, that's all just healthy adjustments to my diet. I'll be starting to work out now that it's starting to warm up a little where I live. I'm looking to lose about 15-20 more pounds.
AZ 2013

Thursday: Project K - Yata Misaki
Friday: Fushigi Yuugi: Genbu Kaiden - Tomite
Saturday: Sailor Moon - Sailor Star Fighter
Sunday: Sailor Moon - Seiya Kou

Formal Dance: Kingdom Hearts: BBS - Aqua
sleeplessknight

Postby vmpdhntr » Sun Apr 14, 2013 11:00 pm

Workout is always my part-time hobby since high school but we all need a certain goal or motivation to pull us through. I'm chasing after that aesthetic look but I'm trying to gain 15lbs of muscle for Sagat from street fighter
vmpdhntr
Shonen Bat Victim

Postby donttouchmymilk » Mon Apr 15, 2013 10:34 am

Ran my first ever half marathon yesterday!! It went really well. Finished with a time of 2:16:02. It was really tough, and I'm so proud of myself. Dropped down a couple more pounds to 145.5. Next weekend is the zombie 5k, which is a 3mile race with obstacles and zombie dodging. Sounds like tons of fun!
Keep going, everyone! Animazement is coming up fast.
AZ 2014 Posibilities
Effie Butterfly Dress (HG Catching Fire) - 20%
Clicker (Last of Us) - 65%
Karen Smith Halloween outfit (Mean Girls) - 75%
Ursula (Little Mermaid)- 100%

http://donttouchmymilk.deviantart.com/
donttouchmymilk

Postby AZ_belle_45 » Mon Apr 15, 2013 6:45 pm

donttouchmymilk wrote:Keep going, everyone! Animazement is coming up fast.

tell me about it!!! >_< I am going to push really hard from now until AZ and even after AZ is over I will keep going ^-^ Good luck everyone! remember that working out is only half the battle! Eat plenty of fresh fruits and veggies and drink water!! Something that helped keep me on track "if it can go bad, its good for you."
~if life is but a fleeting dream...please do not wake me~
~♡☆~♡☆~♡☆~♡☆~

planned AZ 2013 cosplay:
saeko busujima--high school of the dead
valentine--skullgirls
gender bender rolf--ed, edd, and eddy
Female shredder--teenage mutant ninja turtles
AZ_belle_45
Your Emergency Flotation Device

Postby vmpdhntr » Tue Apr 16, 2013 1:38 am

remember that working out is only half the battle! Eat plenty of fresh fruits and veggies and drink water!!

Correct. Abs are made in the kitchen. Get plenty of rest and water to help you achieve that body you desire. If anyone needs help with anything, feel free to message me and I will try my best to shine some light into your dilemma.
vmpdhntr
Shonen Bat Victim

Postby MinaUchiha2 » Tue Apr 16, 2013 12:16 pm

Gotten back to working out finally, mostly because the horrible drama from home is stopping/moving out and super bad for you foods won't keep popping up. XD I've already managed to lose 3 lbs in about a week.
MinaUchiha2
The Cosplay Uke

Postby kaiser_forsaken » Wed May 15, 2013 11:09 pm

Good job everyone.

@ Sleepless, that's solid progress with the diet. I work in a kitchen, which sabotages me every chance it gets.

@ DTMM, that's awesome. I'm not running any marathons anytime soon, but the 5k Zombie Run sounds like a blast. I'd love to run one of those myself one of these days. That's on the list with the Tough Mudder, Spartan Race, and all the GORUCK events. The really long distance thing never appealed to me, but the events that take a little bit of everything always look so fun. Need to work up to that cardio though, I'm not built for distances over a few hundred yards.

@ AZbelle Hell yeah keep it up.

@ Mina, amazing how life shifts will monkey wrench you huh? That's some good progress for a week though. Keep it up.

I'm making some kind of progress. I haven't stepped on a scale in 5 months, but I know I'm making progress. Doing 2 mile jogs on my lunch breaks, and any heavy lifting I can get a shot at.

I have no numbers. I do have a Flightsuit that gave me wedgies at con 2 years ago now fitting damn near properly. Booyah. Going to take a couple of diuretics before AZ to drop some serious excess water, and keep up the work. Might be back to the weight I graduated high school at if I keep up.
AZ 2014: Gambit (X-treme X-men), Kirito (Sword Art Online), other costumes TBD
kaiser_forsaken
Gotei 13 Captain

Postby cyriades » Sun May 19, 2013 11:34 pm

Wow, sounds like everybody's working hard to get into cosplay shape! I have yet to run a marathon though. I've been working out a lot more lately though to get ready for Animazement! Gotta be ready to cosplay as Brock Samson :D
cyriades
Newest Host in Ouran High School

Postby kaiser_forsaken » Sat Aug 03, 2013 11:11 pm

So, I'm making a commitment. Every day after work, as of Wednesday, I'm throwing on a 50# ruck and taking the dogs running 2 miles after work, excepting situations like today when I had to go change someone's tire and got a serious workout anyway. Every single day until DragonCon, rain, shine, or zombies. Not instead of any other workouts, but in addition to anything else.

Since I kicked this off, in addition to my push-ups/sit-ups/embarrassing attempts at pull-ups, I'm damn hungry ALL the time. Making sure I'm not eating junk food, but red meat is really my current weakness.

Also, I saw this cool app called "Zombies, Run!" It puts your daily runs into zombie-apocalypse themed "Missions". This might be the thing that finally makes me cave and get a smart-phone. And take up a serious running regimen.

https://www.zombiesrungame.com/
kaiser_forsaken
Gotei 13 Captain

Postby kaiser_forsaken » Mon Mar 10, 2014 9:59 pm

So. Update time.

I've lost 40 pounds since I started using "Zombies, Run!" in November, and am down 60 pounds from my heaviest. And that was as of a month ago at my work physical. Probably more now.

And I'm stepping up to a 3 mile/50# Ruck run in the morning and a 5-10 km "Zombies, Run!" mission in the evenings when I get off work. At least 5 days a week.

Any luck and when con rolls around I'll be half the man I used to be.
kaiser_forsaken
Gotei 13 Captain

Previous

Return to Cosplay Q and A