• It is currently Wed Apr 23, 2014 12:32 pm

Sign In

User menu

FAQ
Register
Login
Animazement Fan Forum

The "Would You Buy My Swag?" Thread AZ 2010

Gifted with artistic ability or just wanting to collect some great works of art? This is the section for you!

Moderator: BobGuy

Re: The "Would You Buy My Swag?" Thread AZ 2010

Postby Zilla Senetai » Wed Oct 27, 2010 9:58 pm

Well I custom paint every bag so in the range of 20-50 maybe more... I'm not good at pricing.. O_O
Image Seat 40 Image
Zilla Senetai
Emergency Food Supply

Postby Marzipan » Fri Oct 29, 2010 6:13 pm

Zomgs! So adorable, I love it!!
Join the very much UNofficial Animazement FB group!<3

Marzipan
Photoshoot Coordinator
Photoshoot Coordinator

Postby Shizuka Kurogane » Fri Oct 29, 2010 8:02 pm

Zilla Senetai wrote:Well I custom paint every bag so in the range of 20-50 maybe more... I'm not good at pricing.. O_O

I love your range.
+ Terror Squad Seat 16: Nurse Shizu +
Whoa, Shizu's coming back to AZ?! Amazing!
Cosplays::
Pokemon - Gym Leader Whitney
Vocaloid - Poker Face!GUMI
Vocaloid - Setsuna Trip!GUMI

Kill la Kill - Ryuko Matoi (first episode outfit)
Shizuka Kurogane
Okami Amaterasu

Postby Zilla Senetai » Fri Oct 29, 2010 9:31 pm

Thanks Marzipan and Shizu!
I hope it's not too much of a steal though. XD I sorta take a long time on making a bag like this. It also requires quite a bit of paint and patience. I'm not sure if I'll even have a table at the con this year due to my really wanting to rummage around during the day. X3 I got cosplays booked for all three days I'll be there.
Image Seat 40 Image
Zilla Senetai
Emergency Food Supply

Postby Marzipan » Sun Oct 31, 2010 7:23 pm

Just watch that they are not as low as twenty unless it's just not your best work or you feel like you rushed through it. Fifty should be something you poured a lot of time and talent into. Everything else, I say thirty to forty. Don't let anyone pay you less than you feel that you deserve. :3

Marzipan
Photoshoot Coordinator
Photoshoot Coordinator

Postby Zilla Senetai » Sun Oct 31, 2010 7:42 pm

Marzipan wrote:Just watch that they are not as low as twenty unless it's just not your best work or you feel like you rushed through it. Fifty should be something you poured a lot of time and talent into. Everything else, I say thirty to forty. Don't let anyone pay you less than you feel that you deserve. :3

Marzi are you like a pricing guru? Nobody's ever given me a straight answer like that before. XD Thank you.
Image Seat 40 Image
Zilla Senetai
Emergency Food Supply

Postby Marzipan » Sun Oct 31, 2010 8:22 pm

No problem. I just put myself in both the buyer and the sellers viewpoint. As a buyer, I'm very tight with my money, and I don't want to spend a lot unless I just "omg have to have it!" But if it's well crafted and beautiful, I am more willing to shell out extra green. As a seller, if I put lots of time and my whole heart and soul into something, and someone wants me to make it extemely discounted, that kind of burns my toast. I'm nice enough to haggle, but don't insult me by asking for my item for like 75% off, because I'm not going to do that to anyone else. XD

I'll accept your title though. :p

Marzipan
Photoshoot Coordinator
Photoshoot Coordinator

Postby ao-tan » Mon Nov 22, 2010 1:38 pm

Hi hi!

Well this years con was sort of a bust for me (i was a pretty big noob) but this up coming con, i was wanting to do something like a cornicopia of "portraits" type traditional medium fanarts ranging from things such as Sailor Moon, to Adventure Time.

Also i was thinking of doing a couple of Adventure Time charms and possibly adventure time themed "lip balms" too.

Would any one be interested in something like that?
FOLLOW me on tUMBLR TO SEE WHAT new products i have up:

http://moonkittyproductions.tumblr.com
ao-tan
Faceless Minion of Big Fire

Postby Zilla Senetai » Mon Nov 22, 2010 9:32 pm

@ Ao - Yeah I'd be interested. Would you post an example here? :]
Image Seat 40 Image
Zilla Senetai
Emergency Food Supply

Postby Shizuka Kurogane » Tue Nov 23, 2010 6:45 pm

I need to make more of my stuff to sell regularly >_< My commissions are slowing down.
+ Terror Squad Seat 16: Nurse Shizu +
Whoa, Shizu's coming back to AZ?! Amazing!
Cosplays::
Pokemon - Gym Leader Whitney
Vocaloid - Poker Face!GUMI
Vocaloid - Setsuna Trip!GUMI

Kill la Kill - Ryuko Matoi (first episode outfit)
Shizuka Kurogane
Okami Amaterasu

Postby rai-chan » Sun Dec 05, 2010 2:35 pm

I've been making plushies.
I need more practice.
Would anyone be interested in a commission?

This is an example:

Bigger plush done for a friend.

I can also do smaller and larger. I can do keychains and hair clips as well. (:

So far I've only done animals, but I will try anything. ^_^

Prices:
Owl sized: $15
Bigger than Owl: $20
Keychains: $10
Hair Clips: $5 for a pair

NOTE: Depending on details it may be slightly more. Message or post here if you're interested! ^_^
(⁎⁍̴̛͂▿⁍̴̛͂⁎)*✲゚*。⋆♡

Cosplays for AZ 2014:
- Punk!Rarity
- Taokaka (Maybe)
- Hazel from Alamagi (Maybe)
- Lucy Heartfilia (Maybe)
rai-chan
Low Ranking MACROSS Member

Postby oglop_master » Sun Dec 05, 2010 9:37 pm

That is so cute. If you sell at AZ, I shall find you and buy something.
Having trouble styling your wig for your next cosplay? Well, you're in luck! Head on over to Erin's Wigs and check it out!
http://erinswigs.tumblr.com/
oglop_master
The Almighty Banana Overlord

Postby rai-chan » Mon Dec 06, 2010 12:16 am

oglop_master wrote:That is so cute. If you sell at AZ, I shall find you and buy something.

I won't be selling at AZ. (At least not at the moment.)

I have a DA. (Click my website button.) On DA I am currently taking submissions.

I'm also making a Maka from Soul Eater. (My most complicated plush yet. ) So that will be something to keep watch for. (:
(⁎⁍̴̛͂▿⁍̴̛͂⁎)*✲゚*。⋆♡

Cosplays for AZ 2014:
- Punk!Rarity
- Taokaka (Maybe)
- Hazel from Alamagi (Maybe)
- Lucy Heartfilia (Maybe)
rai-chan
Low Ranking MACROSS Member

Postby August » Tue Dec 07, 2010 2:38 pm

Figured I'd jump on the thread wagon here. =]

I make voodoo dollies and cyberlox and yarn and wool roving falls. I've sold them at cons before and maintain an etsy site.

My cyber falls run between 40-65. Yarn falls run from 15-25 dollars. All are super thick for full coverage.

And I do custom orders for cyberlox or yarn falls. Fiber optic lights can be added.

Some examples of my work:

August
Shonen Bat Victim

Postby ao-tan » Sat Dec 11, 2010 6:15 pm

haha actually i've switched my choices.

I'm thinking of doing some limited special stuff like Kuroshitsuji mirror compacts like this:http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_-o_Xuo0tWPs/R1NNBa8ob9I/AAAAAAAAAIA/nyC0oGxuKos/s1600-R/58936-200705_500.jpg

Based around the Phantom Toys Beter Rabbit and the Phantom Toys logo an what not, and also doing some Sailor Moon limited profile neclaces using something like this:http://www.etsy.com/listing/38241870/5-gold-heart-and-leaves-necklace-blanks?ref=sr_gallery_12&ga_search_query=blank+heart+pendants&ga_search_type=supplies&ga_page=5&order=&includes[0]=tags&includes[1]=title&filter[0]=supplies

And then in between just various prints stickers and POSSIBLEY felted plush's but i haven't decided yet....

any one would be interested in buying things liek that, prices would range for mirrors and neclaces between 10-12$ and every thing else probably 8-below.

ao-tan

Postby ao-tan » Sat Dec 11, 2010 6:16 pm

August wrote:Figured I'd jump on the thread wagon here. =]

I make voodoo dollies and cyberlox and yarn and wool roving falls. I've sold them at cons before and maintain an etsy site.

My cyber falls run between 40-65. Yarn falls run from 15-25 dollars. All are super thick for full coverage.

And I do custom orders for cyberlox or yarn falls. Fiber optic lights can be added.

I"m not sure if you're the same person who was selling last year but i saw them and was REALLY impressed with the quality, i wouldn't buy them but just saying they looked just as good as they do in the pics!

ao-tan

Postby Miakaylia » Fri Dec 17, 2010 6:38 pm

I originally posted this in a separate thread, but was redirected here. ^.^' My bad.

Hiya,
2011 will be my 5th Animazement, but I'm hoping it will be my first time in the Artist Alley. I prefer making traditionally drawn pictures, but I do make Digitally created pictures from time to time. Also, I like drawing from series that are a little unknown (though I do like some popular ones too!)
Anyways, I was wondering if you would buy the stuff I would make. Below are examples of different things:

[AS A FOREWARNING: NOT EVERYTHING SHOWN IS WHAT I WOULD BE SELLING. THESE ARE MERELY EXAMPLES SO I CAN GET AN OPINION. :) ]

Traditional Art: Evangelion, Shin Megami Tensei: Digital Devil Saga, Vocaloid

I was also thinking of doing some cheap pen sketches. Examples: Fragile Dreams: Farewell Ruins of the Moon, Vocaloid, Phoenix Wright

Digital Artwork: Trauma Team, Gitaroo Man, No More Heroes x Assassin's Creed II (WIP)

I can also do pencil sketches, if anyone is interested in those: Vocaloid
(Only 1 example because I don't upload those often)

Aside from drawing, I have been trying to model stuff. Here's an example of my newest one: Trauma Team

I'm thinking of MAYBE doing artwork for the following series as well: Muramasa: The Demon Blade, The Legend of Zelda, Kingdom Hearts, Persona 3/4, Final Fantasy IX, Trauma Center, Professor Layton, Jet Set Radio, The World Ends With You, and Ar Tonelico.

Also, since this will be my first time in the Artist Alley I was curious of a few things:

About what time of the year do they open registration for the AA? I know it sells out pretty quick.

I'm thinking about sharing a table with 1 or 2 friends. Is it allowed to buy a full table for 3 artists, or is the maximum at a table 2 artists?

I like drawing Original Artwork as well, and am hoping to finally get one of my web comics started soon (I was going to have it started by now, but the Holidays have been keeping me busy).
What are the chances of someone actually buying an Original Artwork?
2007: Namine 2008: WW!Zelda
2009: Vaati | Sonic the Hedgehog | Genis Sage
2010: Victor Niguel | Shadow Link
2011: Vaati Reborn | Super Sonic | Kaworu Nagisa
2012: Shadow Link | Zelgadis | Seraph
2013: WW!Zelda | Luke fon Fabre | Asch the Bloody
2014: Emil Castagnier | Vaati | Neku Sakuraba | Gary King
Miakaylia
Shonen Bat Victim

Postby Kiri Akurei » Fri Jan 07, 2011 5:55 am

Hello~ I'm just stopping by to see if there would be any interest in my plushes. Each one is about 11 inches high or so [maybe a bit tall; they can vary a bit and I haven't actually measured one yet orz] and can be completely stripped and reclothed. This is just because I love little details like that, and because all my friends seem to love being able to strip these guys for the fun of it haha~ I also imagine having more than one and swapping clothes could be amusing depending on the characters~

Anyway, here is a sample:
Russia from APH.
Shoes, pants, jacket, gloves and scarf can be taken off and played with or whatever~ The only thing you can't remove are his eyes and hair because, well, really now. xD

I'm not good with pricing, but I've been told I should charge $15 for him by one person, and $10 by another, so I was thinking maybe $12? I dunno; what do you guys think? I'm really unsure what I should charge for stuff, so any help here would be great!

Also, any suggestions for characters? I'm probably just going to put some in the art auction, as I have too much planned to get a table, so I'm only planning on making a few for AZ, unless someone would like to commission me and pick it up at the con or something?

For what it's worth I do other things, too. Like plush keychains and painted shoes, if anyone thinks those would sell well? I actually sold those shoes last year in Animazement's AA, but it's sort of a gamble with picking a good size and subject matter. xD [I hope whoever won them is happy with them! They were my first painted shoes. c: I also never got a good picture of them finished, so those are all I have. Sorry!] If you're interested in seeing more of my stuff check out the link in my sig, though I don't have a lot posted at the moment.

Thanks in advance for any suggestions/advice/feedback! <3
Cosplays for Animazement 2011:

FRIDAY - Prussia [Hetalia] and then Jade [Homestuck]
SATURDAY - Tavros [Homestuck] and later CD cover!Prussia [Hetalia]
SUNDAY - Matyroshka!Kaito [Vocaloid] and maaaybe Jade [Homestuck] a little more.
Kiri Akurei

Postby PuppetQueen » Fri Jan 07, 2011 8:21 pm

Twelve dollars sounds good, it's not too low or too high (in my opinion). The take on/take off detail is adorable! Would you offer other outfits to go with them or just other dolls? If you do sell them, I'll definitely buy...just because the thought of putting clothes on and off sounds fun to me too xD

Pricing wise, it's good to take into account material costs and how much time the item took to make.
Fan Forum Panel Host ||Terror Squad 36th Seat~
Cubone (Pokemon) | Fem!Loki (Avengers) | Zatsune Miku (Matryoshka) | Kirlia (Pokemon)
PuppetQueen
Local Polygamist

Postby Kiri Akurei » Fri Jan 07, 2011 11:58 pm

PuppetQueen wrote:Twelve dollars sounds good, it's not too low or too high (in my opinion). The take on/take off detail is adorable! Would you offer other outfits to go with them or just other dolls? If you do sell them, I'll definitely buy...just because the thought of putting clothes on and off sounds fun to me too xD

Pricing wise, it's good to take into account material costs and how much time the item took to make.

Thanks for the feedback! <3 I didn't think of making just outfits, as I'm not sure how I'd charge for that, but I could definitely do it and would if there were enough interest. I'm not planning on getting a table this year, but I'll make one or two for the art auction and price them lower and see how it goes. I have a lot going on this year, but if there ends up being a fair amount of interest I'll probably work on making a bunch of varying characters and get a table in 2012~ [It's something I've been wanting to do for awhile anyway...]

Aw, thank you! What sort of characters do you think people might be most interested in? I want whichever one(s) I make to appeal to a wide array of people, as I'm also starting to take plush commissions and sort of want to do this as a chance to get my name out there and all. :3 [Speaking of which, if anyone is interested in a commission feel free to hit me up; I can bring them to AZ instead of mailing them, if anyone would be interested in that.]

And the supplies aren't too much, only a few bucks, but it can take a few hours per plush [simply because the only pattern I have is for the body; everything else is designed as it's needed to sit right and look correct on the doll. It also takes time to make little details because oh gosh do I love little details and, imo, they are worth it. xD], which is why I charge so much for one. It doesn't cost a lot to make, but I put a fair amount of work into them.
Cosplays for Animazement 2011:

FRIDAY - Prussia [Hetalia] and then Jade [Homestuck]
SATURDAY - Tavros [Homestuck] and later CD cover!Prussia [Hetalia]
SUNDAY - Matyroshka!Kaito [Vocaloid] and maaaybe Jade [Homestuck] a little more.
Kiri Akurei

PreviousNext

Return to Artist Alley