• It is currently Wed Apr 23, 2014 6:57 am

Sign In

User menu

FAQ
Register
Login
Animazement Fan Forum

The "Would You Buy My Swag?" Thread AZ 2010

Gifted with artistic ability or just wanting to collect some great works of art? This is the section for you!

Moderator: BobGuy

Re: The "Would You Buy My Swag?" Thread AZ 2010

Postby PuppetQueen » Sat Jan 08, 2011 7:46 pm

You're welcome :D (I always hit up the art auction, it's my favorite)

As for characters, obviously the popular series such as Bleach, Death Note, Hetalia, Tsubasa, Naruto, Final Fantasy, Pokemon (the trainers would be cute), Dragon Ball Z, Legend of Zelda, and...well I just think of characters I see cosplayed a lot at conventions. I hope that helps!
Fan Forum Panel Host ||Terror Squad 36th Seat~
Cubone (Pokemon) | Fem!Loki (Avengers) | Zatsune Miku (Matryoshka) | Kirlia (Pokemon)
PuppetQueen
Local Polygamist

Postby Kiri Akurei » Mon Jan 10, 2011 4:25 am

PuppetQueen wrote:You're welcome :D (I always hit up the art auction, it's my favorite)

As for characters, obviously the popular series such as Bleach, Death Note, Hetalia, Tsubasa, Naruto, Final Fantasy, Pokemon (the trainers would be cute), Dragon Ball Z, Legend of Zelda, and...well I just think of characters I see cosplayed a lot at conventions. I hope that helps!

[Same here! I try not to buy too much at cons but arts and crafts are my weakness. ;3;]

Awesome, thanks again~ C: I try to keep up with what's popular but I'll be honest; I tend to be sorta out of the loop lately. [Anything I know about mangas and animes like, say, Kuroshitsuji, comes from friends. xD;;] But yeah, I definitely plan on making some trainers, if only because I want an N plush for myself really badly haha~ I'll probably make as many as I can from different mangas/animes/games/etc and put up for sale as many as I can and see how it goes. Worse come to worst I have some spares left over.

I'm also thinking of dabbling into making Pokemon plushies [as I want a Chillarmy plush something fierce] so if that goes well I may make another and have more complex sort of plush to put up for sale. I'm pretty sure I've got the patterns all worked out, so I'll probably be doing that tomorrow. Wish me luck, everyone! [I'll need it haha~]
Cosplays for Animazement 2011:

FRIDAY - Prussia [Hetalia] and then Jade [Homestuck]
SATURDAY - Tavros [Homestuck] and later CD cover!Prussia [Hetalia]
SUNDAY - Matyroshka!Kaito [Vocaloid] and maaaybe Jade [Homestuck] a little more.
Kiri Akurei
Faceless Minion of Big Fire

Postby oglop_master » Mon Jan 10, 2011 4:50 pm

Jumping in here, I would buy your plushies in a second. That's so cute, and I agree with Puppet on the changing clothes option. If you made extra outfits that you sold separately, I think that would add more interest (and encourage people to buy more from you XD).
Having trouble styling your wig for your next cosplay? Well, you're in luck! Head on over to Erin's Wigs and check it out!
http://erinswigs.tumblr.com/
oglop_master
The Almighty Banana Overlord

Postby Kiri Akurei » Wed Jan 12, 2011 3:10 am

oglop_master wrote:Jumping in here, I would buy your plushies in a second. That's so cute, and I agree with Puppet on the changing clothes option. If you made extra outfits that you sold separately, I think that would add more interest (and encourage people to buy more from you XD).

Aw, thank you! I'll have to star figuring out what sort of outfits people would be interested in; I hadn't thought to sell outfits before but I'm thinking I should! [I'll probably do some AA stuff this year and get a table in 2012~]

Anyone have any suggestions for outfits I could make to sell? I'm not sure if generic things [seifukus, kimonos, etc] would do best, or cosplays [other character's outfits so you don't have to buy that doll for it] would to better... or maybe a mix of both? I dunno, you guys tell me! xD

Thanks for the advice! c:

SUNDAY - Matyroshka!Kaito [Vocaloid] and maaaybe Jade [Homestuck] a little more.
Kiri Akurei

Postby oglop_master » Thu Jan 13, 2011 5:59 am

Well, for Hetalia there are always the alternate outfits, and I know that if you do a series like Code Geass there are plenty of alternate outfits as well. If you do Final Fantasy characters, there are the Dissidia outfits as well as the regular, and Kingdom Hearts has a lot of forms. Vocaloid has infinite amounts of outfits, and Bleach typically has at least two outfits for the main characters. Those are just to name a few popular series, but I'm sure you'll have no problems finding alternate outfits. :)
Having trouble styling your wig for your next cosplay? Well, you're in luck! Head on over to Erin's Wigs and check it out!
oglop_master

Postby TerraMinuit » Sat Jan 15, 2011 12:04 am

I would buy those dolls in a heart beat. Like probably more than one...I have an adorable America doll I got last year and I'm always interested in adding to my strange collection. I love the russia doll. Clothes you could take on and off is a interesting perk.
Unohana-taichou at your service.
AZ '13 Cosplays
Aradia Megido (Homestuck)
Fluttershy (Human) MLP:FiM
Captain America (Lolita) Avengers
Doll Naruto
TerraMinuit
Resident Captain Mom

Postby Shizuka Kurogane » Sun Jan 16, 2011 2:37 pm

-happyface- I may actually get into the AA this year.. Woo!
+ Terror Squad Seat 16: Nurse Shizu +
Whoa, Shizu's coming back to AZ?! Amazing!
Cosplays::
Pokemon - Gym Leader Whitney
Vocaloid - Poker Face!GUMI
Vocaloid - Setsuna Trip!GUMI

Kill la Kill - Ryuko Matoi (first episode outfit)
Shizuka Kurogane
Okami Amaterasu

Postby Kiri Akurei » Sun Jan 16, 2011 10:42 pm

@ oglop_master - Good point! If I get a table next year I'll be sure to have a few alternate outfits for mu plushes as well~ They can be time consuming, but I should have more than enough time to get a fair amount done. I appreciate all the help and suggestions~ :D

@ TerraMinuit - Aw, thank you! All this positive feedback is really making me want to get an AA table. [Not this year; I have too many other things to get done to try to make a ton of plushies now, sadly.] Hopefully all will go well and people who didn't commission me or win anything in an art auction will have a chance to grab something then~

@ Shizuka Kurogane - Ooh, awesome! Good luck, I hope it works out. c:

Kiri Akurei

Postby Shizuka Kurogane » Sun Jan 16, 2011 11:02 pm

Thank you~ The lovely Xile has graciously accepted my offer of sharing a table. <3
+ Terror Squad Seat 16: Nurse Shizu +
Whoa, Shizu's coming back to AZ?! Amazing!
Cosplays::
Pokemon - Gym Leader Whitney
Vocaloid - Poker Face!GUMI
Vocaloid - Setsuna Trip!GUMI

Kill la Kill - Ryuko Matoi (first episode outfit)
Shizuka Kurogane
Okami Amaterasu

Postby angel_illusion » Mon Jan 17, 2011 8:59 pm

Kiri Akurei wrote:I actually sold those shoes last year in Animazement's AA, but it's sort of a gamble with picking a good size and subject matter. xD [I hope whoever won them is happy with them! They were my first painted shoes. c: <3

My friend won them! No worries she loved the shoes, I remember her being so afraid to wear them because she didn't want to ruin them. I actually took a picture of them. If you want the pic I could send it to you or post it here so it would help you get suggestions from other with price,or etc.
Also your Russia plushie is so cute and seems really well priced! I would pay $12 for it! In fact I think I'd get more than one! ^^
~Tiger and Bunny: Kotetsu,~Tiger & Bunny: Fem Kotetsu,~Phoenix Wright: Maya,~Alice Madness Returns: Alice (Maybe)
angel_illusion
Shonen Bat Victim

Postby Kiri Akurei » Mon Jan 17, 2011 9:42 pm

angel_illusion wrote:
Kiri Akurei wrote:I actually sold those shoes last year in Animazement's AA, but it's sort of a gamble with picking a good size and subject matter. xD [I hope whoever won them is happy with them! They were my first painted shoes. c: <3

My friend won them! No worries she loved the shoes, I remember her being so afraid to wear them because she didn't want to ruin them. I actually took a picture of them. If you want the pic I could send it to you or post it here so it would help you get suggestions from other with price,or etc.
Also your Russia plushie is so cute and seems really well priced! I would pay $12 for it! In fact I think I'd get more than one! ^^

Ooh, really? That's awesome! I know my friend met the girl who won them because she was wearing them around the con, but I never got to. xD Either way I'm so glad she's happy with them~ And they should be fine to wear, she just has to be careful not to get them too dirty. I gave it a layer of sealant to help protect the paint and all, but I'm not sure how much exactly it can handle. General daily use should be fine though~ Just don't, you know, go running through mud or something haha.
And yeah, if you don't mind I'd love the pic, as I only have some in progress ones, as I wasn't thinking and didn't really take pictures of them. xD;; I'm find with posting here or a PM, so whichever you prefer. [Though if you do post it here I would love advise and opinions from everyone about what a good price would be.]

And aw, thank you!
I'm probably going to start putting a list together sometime of what plushies/outfits I want to make and how many I should maker, as I've been getting a lot of really great feedback for these and think it'd be worth getting a table next year. :D

Kiri Akurei

Postby Livewire » Sat Jan 22, 2011 12:04 pm

Hey all! Everything is looking so cute!

Just jumping in here with a few links. Wanted to get an idea of how many prints I need to bring and see what's a bit more popular.

http://fc03.deviantart.net/fs71/f/2010/204/a/b/Hedgehog_by_Kiri_ri.jpg
http://fc01.deviantart.net/fs71/f/2010/275/9/2/925bcd557f1c5d068d4c72d74c57015b-d2zwedj.jpg
http://fc01.deviantart.net/fs71/i/2010/329/5/7/panda_by_kiri_ri-d33k4ap.jpg
http://fc01.deviantart.net/fs71/i/2010/324/5/0/lucky_cat_by_kiri_ri-d339mln.jpg
http://fc00.deviantart.net/fs71/i/2010/346/e/c/smiles_by_kiri_ri-d34qb7b.jpg

These are just of few of the things I'm bringing. Havn't finalized pricings yet but thinking 10-15 for large prints, around 2-5 for small badge sizes. possibly. mostly just need to know which one of those is more popular so I know I print enough. Or when you all bring prints, what's your general rule on how many you bring?
Livewire

Postby ao-tan » Sun Jan 23, 2011 2:07 pm

ao-tan wrote:Hi hi!

Well this years con was sort of a bust for me (i was a pretty big noob) but this up coming con, i was wanting to do something like a cornicopia of "portraits" type traditional medium fanarts ranging from things such as Sailor Moon, to Adventure Time.

Also i was thinking of doing a couple of Adventure Time charms and possibly adventure time themed "lip balms" too.

Would any one be interested in something like that?

Actually i've changed it up a little.

Still thinking of doing portraiture stuffs, but idk what kind of fandoms i'll dable into...i'm thikning maybe kuroshitsuji, SM, and maybe noblesse and a couple of other things...

But i was really hoping to maybe sell miniture plush figures?

I was thinking maybe i'd do some anime characters too, but right now all i have done are animals

here is an example:
http://www.etsy.com/listing/66437815/petit-rabbit

I'm thinking i would sell them any were between 3-5 dollars? Maybe more since the time it takes to make them is quite long....

Idk let me know what you guys think...
FOLLOW me on tUMBLR TO SEE WHAT new products i have up:

http://moonkittyproductions.tumblr.com
ao-tan

Postby Livewire » Mon Jan 24, 2011 1:57 am

That’s really cute. Isn't roving a little expensive though? Not use to seeing felted things at AA so I'm not sure really on price, but when I do see them at cons they're usually expensive cause of all the time and patience needed to make them. Depending on the size I could see them going higher. But again I’m no expert.
Livewire

Postby ao-tan » Mon Jan 24, 2011 2:54 pm

Livewire wrote:That’s really cute. Isn't roving a little expensive though? Not use to seeing felted things at AA so I'm not sure really on price, but when I do see them at cons they're usually expensive cause of all the time and patience needed to make them. Depending on the size I could see them going higher. But again I’m no expert.

well, i'm pretty quick at it, and considering the ammount of time i have to actually make the things it shouldn't be that bad...

also roving is pretty cheap if you buy in bulk and dye the wool yourself...

But idc about the price what i want to know is if ne one would be interested in buying something like this...Oh i also forgot to mention i'll be doing compacts, like Sailor Moon, and other Products based on Kuroshitsuji under the Phantom Toys "brand" to make them seem like authentic products from the brand in the book, like Beter Rabbit plush's and such...
FOLLOW me on tUMBLR TO SEE WHAT new products i have up:

http://moonkittyproductions.tumblr.com
ao-tan

Postby chuchu » Wed Jan 26, 2011 6:57 pm

I'm considering selling handmade japanese room shoes, or slippers, at AZ '11. They would look simalar to this:

I would use a variety or fabrics from used kimonos, and other cute patterns. I would probably have three sizes (men's) 4-7 (w 6-9), 8-10 (w 10-12), 11-13. Would anyone be interested in buying these? I was think somewhere around $7-$10 a pair, depending on the fabric used...
chuchu
Low Ranking MACROSS Member

Postby oglop_master » Wed Jan 26, 2011 10:35 pm

I WOULD BUY THOSE IF YOU HAVE WOMEN'S SIZE 11. I've been needing some slippers, and that price is great, plus in my size... *sparkly eyes* Could you post some pictures as you go so that I'll know what to look for?
oglop_master

Postby lolitaneko » Fri Jan 28, 2011 12:28 am

chuchu wrote:I'm considering selling handmade japanese room shoes, or slippers, at AZ '11.

I would use a variety or fabrics from used kimonos, and other cute patterns. I would probably have three sizes (men's) 4-7 (w 6-9), 8-10 (w 10-12), 11-13. Would anyone be interested in buying these? I was think somewhere around $7-$10 a pair, depending on the fabric used...

If I saw those at that price I would be thinking what was wrong with it if they were handmade... Is that a photo of your work? If not I would like to see what you've done. ^^
jelyclarisanne.etsy.com
lolitaneko
Low Ranking MACROSS Member

Postby Marzipan » Thu Feb 03, 2011 8:54 pm

Livewire wrote:Hey all! Everything is looking so cute!

Just jumping in here with a few links. Wanted to get an idea of how many prints I need to bring and see what's a bit more popular.

http://fc03.deviantart.net/fs71/f/2010/204/a/b/Hedgehog_by_Kiri_ri.jpg
http://fc01.deviantart.net/fs71/f/2010/275/9/2/925bcd557f1c5d068d4c72d74c57015b-d2zwedj.jpg
http://fc01.deviantart.net/fs71/i/2010/329/5/7/panda_by_kiri_ri-d33k4ap.jpg
http://fc01.deviantart.net/fs71/i/2010/324/5/0/lucky_cat_by_kiri_ri-d339mln.jpg
http://fc00.deviantart.net/fs71/i/2010/346/e/c/smiles_by_kiri_ri-d34qb7b.jpg

These are just of few of the things I'm bringing. Havn't finalized pricings yet but thinking 10-15 for large prints, around 2-5 for small badge sizes. possibly. mostly just need to know which one of those is more popular so I know I print enough. Or when you all bring prints, what's your general rule on how many you bring?

I personally like the Dragonair the best. But I'm super into the Pokemon mode right now since the new series is coming out this March. Speaking of that, have you thought about doing some art of the new Pokemon? I am positive that will be a big hit with it coming out so close to AZ.

I don't buy a lot of prints, but the prices seem fair to me? I'm sure someone who deals with them more can elaborate.
Join the very much UNofficial Animazement FB group!<3

Marzipan
Photoshoot Coordinator
Photoshoot Coordinator

Postby Koneko128 » Fri Feb 04, 2011 3:15 am

Hiya everyone! This would be my first AA for AZ 2011. I was wondering if handmade bead figures or accessories would sell. Here's a pic of one of the things I've made so far:
http://koneko128.deviantart.com/#/d38lqao
If anyone has any ideas for accessories or bead figures let me know. It would help me out greatly. I have few ideas and things I've made like hello kitty, chococat, and pokeball.
Koneko128

PreviousNext

Return to Artist Alley