• http://www.animazement.org/
  • It is currently Mon Apr 21, 2014 5:43 am

Sign In

User menu

FAQ
Register
Login
Animazement Fan Forum

Possible Scam from Animazement 2012 Artist Alley?

Gifted with artistic ability or just wanting to collect some great works of art? This is the section for you!

Moderator: BobGuy

Possible Scam from Animazement 2012 Artist Alley?

Postby Chloebee102 » Thu Jul 26, 2012 10:33 pm

I was wondering if anyone here is in the same situation as I am. Back in May at Animazement this year I remember there was this table offering Plushie Head commissions.

They were $20 a piece, she had some hanging from her booth, and they were very cute. So I paid the $20, gave her my address and email and she'd said she'd mail them to me in about a month once they were done.

I've never received an email, I've never gotten anything in the mail. And I really wish I had gotten the name of the girl's booth. It had 2 girls running it and not much else I can remember.

I'm not looking to sue or anything like that, it's just $20. I was just wondering if anyone else commissioned her too, got their product, or if anyone remembered her Booth name and could help me contact her.

Thanks ^^
Chloebee102
Shonen Bat Victim

Re: Possible Scam from Animazement 2012 Artist Alley?

Postby LiliumLily » Wed Sep 12, 2012 8:54 am

I'm wondering the same thing!! I ordered one too and gave them one of my drawings that is my icon.. ☹_☹ Someone please reply...
LiliumLily
Shonen Bat Victim

Postby IsiInoForever » Sun Oct 07, 2012 12:36 pm

Oh wow. Im very sorry for your situtation. That sucks. When dealing with commissions , you have to remember that these people are totally strangers. You dont know if they could be trusted or not so you have to be very observent to details. I dont know if your going to get your money back or your plushie head. All I can tell you is becareful next time and to make sure you get a business card. That way you could bugg the mess out of them til they give you what they promised you.

I hope my post helps you in some sort of way.
Az 2014 Cosplay:
Jynx/Pokemon : 10 %
TenderHeart/Care Bear : 100% done
Melophme (one of the Muses)/Disney's Hercules : 10%
IsiInoForever
Skilled Valkyrie Pilot

Postby Mysteryxx » Wed Oct 24, 2012 12:03 pm

hi guys,
I'm not sure if this problem has been resolved. If not, I can help you. I was the table partner and I want to get this resolved so I won't be shown in a bad light. Please PM me and I will give the info to contact the person you are trying to contact about commissions.
Thanks~
Mysteryxx
Shonen Bat Victim

Postby Chloebee102 » Wed Dec 12, 2012 8:47 pm

It has not been resolved and I have still received nothing, email nor package. I do very much regret not picking up a business card, I was in such a hurry that it completely slipped my mind. I don't mind much, but it still upsets me that I've never been contacted or anything. I would love to get the plushie head eventually though. But oh well if I don't. Next time I WILL get a business card, aha.
Chloebee102
Shonen Bat Victim

Postby Shenanagan » Thu Dec 13, 2012 11:45 am

I'm actually having the opposite problem! Someone paid for a commission, and I haven't heard back from them and contacted them twice already for their mailing address so I can mail it to them!

And I would get a business card Chloebee102, that's the surest way to have a means of contacting them if they don't respond to you!
Shenanagan
Shinsengumi Veteran

Postby Marzipan » Fri Dec 14, 2012 8:16 pm

Chloe did you PM Mysteryxx yet?
Join the very much UNofficial Animazement FB group!<3

Marzipan
Photoshoot Coordinator
Photoshoot Coordinator

Postby MladaOfHamelin » Sun Feb 24, 2013 12:20 am

Not that I think Sakky would do this intentionally by any means, but is it possible she was the vendor? I know she's made plushy heads in the past, and she's been reliable before (and as far as I'm aware she still is). She's also been to Animazement for the past few years.
http://sakkysa.deviantart.com/

I'm hoping though that the situation has been resolved, because I hate hearing stories like this happening...
MladaOfHamelin
Citizen of Macross City

Postby SailorAstera » Mon Feb 25, 2013 8:12 am

Hi y'all! If it was my table you would've received a receipt with my contact info: phone, email, web site. I also don't hang my plushies.

That being said, what was the character? Maybe I can help? :)
SailorAstera
S.O.S. Brigade Initiate

Postby MladaOfHamelin » Sat Mar 02, 2013 8:18 am

SailorAstera wrote:Hi y'all! If it was my table you would've received a receipt with my contact info: phone, email, web site. I also don't hang my plushies.

That being said, what was the character? Maybe I can help? :)

That's right, you do always give a card...
But yeah, I didn't think it would be you as you're pretty on the ball about this sort of stuff (at least when I've commissioned stuff from you there were no communication problems)...
MladaOfHamelin
Citizen of Macross City

Return to Artist Alley