• http://www.animazement.org/
  • It is currently Sat Apr 19, 2014 11:13 pm

Sign In

User menu

FAQ
Register
Login
Animazement Fan Forum

Need some clarifications on Artist Alley rules!

Gifted with artistic ability or just wanting to collect some great works of art? This is the section for you!

Moderator: BobGuy

Need some clarifications on Artist Alley rules!

Postby Severine » Fri May 03, 2013 5:13 pm

It'll be my first time at AA this year, and my friend was willing to give me a little bit of her table space. I'm really confused about the AA rules.

- Do I have to notify the staff that I'm going to be sharing a table and do I have to check in when I get to AA?

- Would I need to bring an ID for identification, and would a school ID work? (The only accepted ID I have from the list given on the site is a passport but if I could, I'd rather not bring it to a convention. )

- Am I prohibited from using patterns and textures I haven't made in my artwork?

- Am I allowed to put character names (text) on fan art?

Thank you for reading!
Animazement 2014 Cosplays <3

Elsa (Frozen)- Thursday Formal and Saturday
Fem!Castiel (Supernatural)- Friday
Rise (Persona 4)- Sunday
Severine
Shonen Bat Victim

Re: Need some clarifications on Artist Alley rules!

Postby Marzipan » Fri May 03, 2013 6:46 pm

You and your friend will have to check in to AA at the same time. Staff will give you a sticker for your badge to indicate you are a vendor. You do not need to contact them ahead of time.

You do not need an ID as your friend is the primary vendor. It will be in her name.

There are no restrictions like that I am aware of on fanart. As long as you drew and designed it, it should be permitted in AA.
Join the very much UNofficial Animazement FB group!<3

Marzipan
Photoshoot Coordinator
Photoshoot Coordinator

Re: Need some clarifications on Artist Alley rules!

Postby Shenanagan » Mon May 13, 2013 2:59 pm

Agreed with Marzipan! I've seen lots of people put the character name underneath the work so that and textures should be fine :)

You should also check in with the AA coordinators before you head on to your table. They will have a checklist of who has a table, so if you don't check in with them they may assume you didn't show up and might make that table available. Plus it'll be really clear where they are, so be sure to check in with them either Thursday, Friday or Saturday morning!
Shenanagan
Shinsengumi Veteran

Return to Artist Alley