• It is currently Sun Apr 20, 2014 5:02 pm

Sign In

User menu

FAQ
Register
Login
Animazement Fan Forum

Thoughts/Suggestions for AZ 2012

Got a question for staff or feedback pertaining to Animazment to make it the best convention in the United States? Unload it here! Don't worry, we can take it!

Moderator: BobD

Re: Thoughts/Suggestions for AZ 2012

Postby MinaUchiha2 » Fri Jun 22, 2012 7:16 pm

Paprika wrote:- While I liked the idea of doing the 18+ wristbands, I do think that the staff went a bit overboard with it. As long as a person has their ID and states that he/she was over 18 years of age, they should be allowed to stay if they can prove their age. Next year, instead of doing the wrist bands, maybe do a special type of badge where it identifies a person who is 18 years or older.

They've actually said in the past why they can't do badges that are different. People could to easily give their badge to others not over the age of 18. The wrist bands can't be taken off and handed to others without looking tampered with. It's AZ's way of being 100% about people not going into 18+ panels that aren't supposed to.
MinaUchiha2
The Cosplay Uke

Postby Quicksilver95 » Tue Jun 26, 2012 10:47 am

fadedxxlovesong wrote:
double00beaver wrote:
Quicksilver95 wrote:2. It was really hot in the convention center this year. I was Cosplaying Kaito and I had on a pleather and Polyester Overcoat. It was so hot I had Dizzy Spells all Saturday. Can we please get some Airconditioning Next year?

Not staff or anything, just a regular attendee but you've got to realize that you're attending a convention during a time of year where the temperature is in the mid 80's at the lowest and you're in a building with 6000+ other people, especially on the busiest day and you're wearing pleather of all things. The air can probably only be turned down so much and even then there's all the body heat and outside heat coming in from people going in and out of the doors. It's wise to just wear costumes that are summer-friendly and drink plenty of water.

When I was cosplaying Kairi, I thought it was freezing in the RCC. They've been trying hard to make it colder and it has been a lot colder in the past 2 years and it has been. But pleather is probably always gonna be hot unless it's 50 degrees inside and that would cost a lot of money to attempt and the people wearing the lighter costumes would then complain it's too cold so they've got to have a happy medium.

Unfortunately I have no summer cosplay. Kaito is the only cosplay I own because its the only one I've been able to afford. I enjoy cosplaying, but I'm no good with making things and I don't have enough money to buy new cosplay...
Cosplays for AZ 15:
I am working on:
Kaito: 100%

I want for future AZ's
Sosuke Aizen: 18%
Link: 0%
Ikasoruk Ogihci: 0%
Kisame Hoshigaki: 15%

Quicksilver95
Newest Host in Ouran High School

Postby Shenanagan » Fri Jun 29, 2012 8:08 pm

double00beaver wrote:Just read the Artist Alley 2013 message about how we don't have enough to get the big room so we're back at the Mezzanine (big hallway) part.

I have a suggestion maybe for a place to put a few more tables? The stair area right across from the Mezzanine usually stays low traffic because the escalators are faster and since Artist Alley is the only event down on that end, there's no use for them otherwise. The stair area is pretty big so maybe if you lined up some tables along there? It would probably divert the traffic flow and the crowding at the escalator area by giving more tables to look at away from that area and it'll add more tables in general without crowding up the hall.

Really??? Well, let's hope they can squeeze in a few more tables somewhere. Although having it above the Mezzanine probably won't work because when we had tables up near the ballrooms, people complained about having poor sales and being totally separate from the "main" Artist Alley. But who knows. At this point I just want to have greater odds at getting one for next year.
Shenanagan
Shinsengumi Veteran

Postby Se7enBishie » Wed Jul 04, 2012 7:45 pm

I'm going to add on to this list, so hopefully someone in the main hierarchy of staff can pass this on to someone in charge of this.

Video recording of panels? Yes? No? There was no clear answer, except for the music performances, Spike's panels and the events. The rest of them were up in the air. There were cases of staff telling these people that they couldn't record their own panel and then staff told us that we could record our own panel. Which is right?

Rule #5 in the Code of Conduct states: "Do not take photographs, shoot videos, or make recordings when the use of such devices is prohibited. If you aren’t sure, ask the nearest Animazement staff member. Signs will be posted. This is an unfortunate way to end your convention early." This would not be a problem if one set of staffers says it's fine, but another says no.

This is not the only thing that I've noticed is inconsistent with the staffers. A couple of staffers looked at me like I grew a second head when they saw my mic stand was peace-tied. There needs to be consistent rulings by all staffers, that way there is no confusion. I also continually hear people gripe about how blatantly rude a lot of staffers/security were this year.
AZ '03, '05-'12

Proud member of Omake Ikuze!
Se7enBishie
Faceless Minion of Big Fire

Postby ilovebutch19 » Wed Sep 05, 2012 8:15 am

double00beaver wrote:
Quicksilver95 wrote:2. It was really hot in the convention center this year. I was Cosplaying Kaito and I had on a pleather and Polyester Overcoat. It was so hot I had Dizzy Spells all Saturday. Can we please get some Airconditioning Next year?

Not staff or anything, just a regular attendee but you've got to realize that you're attending a convention during a time of year where the temperature is in the mid 80's at the lowest and you're in a building with 6000+ other people, especially on the busiest day and you're wearing pleather of all things. The air can probably only be turned down so much and even then there's all the body heat and outside heat coming in from people going in and out of the doors. It's wise to just wear costumes that are summer-friendly and drink plenty of water.

I know what you mean. I wore costumes that were Raliegh weather friendly and it was pretty comfortable to me. I could even feel the air. If it got too hot, I went to the Mariott and enjoyed the air conditioner over there.
ImageImage

Cosplays for 2014:
Good Luck Care Bear - 0%
Muse (Hercules) - 0%
Fruit Loop Girl - 0%
OTP Character- Rayana (?) - 60%
ilovebutch19
S.O.S. Brigade Initiate

Postby Shenanagan » Fri Dec 07, 2012 2:04 pm

Se7enBishie wrote: I also continually hear people gripe about how blatantly rude a lot of staffers/security were this year.

You know, this thread hasn't been active for a while, but I do have to go along with this.

I heard from a girl at Aniwave this past week that she's not coming back to AZ anymore because the staff was so rude to her. Now I understand, you can't control who volunteers and what their opinions are on things, but when people are complaining about being yelled at for no reason or as a few of you mentioned earlier about the Homestuck thing, that's just uncalled for. There should be a way to communicate to the volunteers and staff that being rude and unprofessional should not be tolerated.

And for those who got caught with the inconsistency issue at the Dealer's Room/props/etc, they should make instructions clear for volunteers about who they should let into the dealer's room, prop check, etc, so as not to confuse con goers when they get mixed messages.
Shenanagan
Shinsengumi Veteran

Previous

Return to Dear Animazement