• It is currently Sun Apr 20, 2014 6:55 am

Sign In

User menu

FAQ
Register
Login
Animazement Fan Forum

Game room feedback, 2013 edition

Give suggestions of video games for the game room or talk about your favorite games past and present. The gaming world is at your fingertips.

Moderator: majors

Game room feedback, 2013 edition

Postby majors » Mon May 27, 2013 8:54 pm

Game room moved to the hotel this year, what was you'alls thoughts? Main reason we made the move was so we could keep the arcade open 24 hours. I know the console room was tight, that WILL be corrected next year. Did the retro room blow your mind? Do we need more Bomberman?

Tourneys attendance was low. Was it the b/c of the games or did you just not know about them? Did they conflict with other panels and con events?

Please let us know.
Majors -=- Wedoca '12
majors
Mahou Otaku Pretty Fanservice

Re: Game room feedback, 2013 edition

Postby Phil » Tue May 28, 2013 1:10 pm

I didn't get to spend a lot of time over in the game rooms, but I can attest that:

1) 24 hour arcades are always better than non-24 hour arcades.

2) Taiko Drumming rules.

3) The retro room totally blew my mind, both with the superior game selection and the shrine of retro artifacts. This was one of the highlights of the con for me, even if I was only in there for a few minutes.

4) People always need more Bomberman, though the trick is getting a second 10-player Saturn Bomberman setup.

5) If tourney attendance was low, hopefully it's because attendees needed a year to figure out where the new game rooms were. I'd suggest doing some sort of banner or other advertising in the main convention center reminding folks that WeDoCa is rocking the hotel across the street.

As ever, you guys ruled. Thanks for rocking AZ again this year!
I'm not sure what's going on here, but have you watched any of these Japaheeno guns-and-hooters cartoon movies?
Phil
An Elder God...

Postby Tavex » Tue May 28, 2013 2:33 pm

Taiko Drumming needs to come back.
I play it on OSU! and Loved that we had an actual machine for it.

Bomberman in the retro room was amazing, more please
Cosplay for 2014 AZ:

Mushishi: Ginko

Final Fantasy XIII: Snow (MIGHT do this again)

Tavex
Pokémon Master

Postby kaiser_forsaken » Wed May 29, 2013 1:07 pm

The 3 rooms with different themes/focuses were FAN DAMN TASTIC. Taiko. HELL YEAH. The 24 hour cabs made my life.

Honestly, the ONLY thing I would have liked to see was another Bomberman set-up. The one was constantly crowded, as it deserved. But I never got a crack at it.

Also, since gaming is now multiple rooms . . . any chance of a LAN room next year? :D
AZ 2014: Gambit (X-treme X-men), Kirito (Sword Art Online), other costumes TBD
kaiser_forsaken
Gotei 13 Captain

Postby Tavex » Wed May 29, 2013 9:22 pm

kaiser_forsaken wrote:Honestly, the ONLY thing I would have liked to see was another Bomberman set-up. The one was constantly crowded, as it deserved.

This.
I only got in on Friday morning.
Was a damn blast but after that it was packed with people
Cosplay for 2014 AZ:

Mushishi: Ginko

Final Fantasy XIII: Snow (MIGHT do this again)

Tavex
Pokémon Master

Postby IsiInoForever » Sat Jun 01, 2013 12:22 pm

I think the new game room location was a blast! Can't wait for next year!

As for tourney attendance, I personally think it really was the fact some people didn't know. I had at least 5 people ask me about signing up for the Dance Central 3 tourney. That would of been great but they asked 40 mins after the event begin. I know the tourneys are on the offical website and are annouced in the game rooms but other then that I guess there is not enough adverstiment. I always wondered how come game room tournaments are not in the schedulle?
Az 2014 Cosplay:
Jynx/Pokemon : 10 %
TenderHeart/Care Bear : 100% done
Melophme (one of the Muses)/Disney's Hercules : 10%
IsiInoForever
Skilled Valkyrie Pilot

Postby Shenanagan » Sat Jan 11, 2014 11:43 am

Man, I don't know how I missed this thread but here are my reactions to the gaming room setup:

I loved it! It was one of the more fun parts of the con, and even though I was there at like midnight, it was still hopping! I loved the Taiko machine, and as always my favorite is the Darkstalkers arcade setup <3

I agree with everybody else on pretty much everything: more Bomberman (in all the years we've had it, I still can't get a crack at playing it since it's soooo crowded D'X ), low tourney attendance probably because we need more advertisement for them around the con, and just bring everything back about the retro room and all the setup because this was definitely a fun place to be to get away from the con and chill for a while :)
Shenanagan
Shinsengumi Veteran

Return to Game On