• It is currently Wed Apr 16, 2014 12:14 am

Sign In

User menu

FAQ
Register
Login
Animazement Fan Forum

Historically Accurate Hetalia 2012

Got an idea for a panel? Want to know what others think? Need to give a shout out to panel staff? Come on in!

Moderators: Macross-Junkie, Kurotsubasa

Historically Accurate Hetalia 2012

Postby oglop_master » Thu Jun 16, 2011 9:46 pm

Edit: We will NOT be hosting this panel again (more information in this post). Thank you to everyone who came last year, and everyone that helped me out with it!
Last edited by oglop_master on Sun Jan 29, 2012 4:50 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Having trouble styling your wig for your next cosplay? Well, you're in luck! Head on over to Erin's Wigs and check it out!
http://erinswigs.tumblr.com/
oglop_master
The Almighty Banana Overlord

Re: Historically Accurate Hetalia 2012

Postby PuppetQueen » Thu Jun 16, 2011 11:28 pm

I just remember reading criticism from the old thread and not having time to reply.

I believe they said (other than being quiet) we could have made it less dry and more fun. I don't remember exactly what they said so I'm not trying to put words in their mouth but it was very good constructive criticism.

We need to be more entertaining, louder, and hopefully *crossesfingers* in a ballroom.
Fan Forum Panel Host ||Terror Squad 36th Seat~
Cubone (Pokemon) | Fem!Loki (Avengers) | Zatsune Miku (Matryoshka) | Kirlia (Pokemon)
PuppetQueen
Local Polygamist

Postby Leighton Darko » Thu Jun 16, 2011 11:44 pm

PuppetQueen wrote:I just remember reading criticism from the old thread and not having time to reply.

I believe they said (other than being quiet) we could have made it less dry and more fun. I don't remember exactly what they said so I'm not trying to put words in their mouth but it was very good constructive criticism.

We need to be more entertaining, louder, and hopefully *crossesfingers* in a ballroom.

I think that was my post. :) I like the idea of the panel quite a lot, but the way the information was presented was not very engaging -- at least not to me, and from a few other people I talked to. Though I understand that history can be pretty boring, there is always a way to make it more entertaining and to captivate your audience!

Of course, I mean no offense by this n_n;;; Just a suggestion for next year. I look forward to seeing it again.
per me, miseria est ergo lamento ego
Leighton Darko
Low Ranking MACROSS Member

Postby PuppetQueen » Thu Jun 16, 2011 11:46 pm

Yea it was, I didn't find it offensive. I found it very helpful :3 Hopefully this year will be better with that since we're focusing on later events that more people know about.
Cubone (Pokemon) | Fem!Loki (Avengers) | Zatsune Miku (Matryoshka) | Kirlia (Pokemon)
PuppetQueen
Local Polygamist

Postby oglop_master » Fri Jun 17, 2011 12:04 am

*nodnod* Yeah, it was very helpful. We definitely need a script for next year, and hopefully we'll be an even tighter group then, so we'll be able to work together better since we already have once. ^^
Having trouble styling your wig for your next cosplay? Well, you're in luck! Head on over to Erin's Wigs and check it out!
oglop_master

Postby SakuraKagurazaka » Fri Jun 17, 2011 12:18 pm

LADY FRYING PAN RETURNING.
I enjoyed the little skits we did for each of the sections... though I honestly thought we would rehearse them all first
Offical Con Mom
SakuraKagurazaka
Low Ranking MACROSS Member

Postby usei » Fri Jun 17, 2011 10:20 pm

Leighton Darko wrote:
PuppetQueen wrote:I just remember reading criticism from the old thread and not having time to reply.

I think that was my post. :) I like the idea of the panel quite a lot, but the way the information was presented was not very engaging -- at least not to me, and from a few other people I talked to. Though I understand that history can be pretty boring, there is always a way to make it more entertaining and to captivate your audience!

Of course, I mean no offense by this n_n;;; Just a suggestion for next year. I look forward to seeing it again.

This is actually quite a good idea. I also felt that we were quite brief, but that may have just been me.

Also if we had a ballroom I would shit rainbows for a year. |UUU
usei
Mahou Otaku Pretty Fanservice

Postby oglop_master » Sat Jun 18, 2011 6:21 pm

usei wrote:Also if we had a ballroom I would shit rainbows for a year. |UUU

Man, now THAT would be interesting.

Script, script, script! We need to have a meetup this summer to discuss it, whether on Skype or otherwise!
oglop_master

Postby aderyn » Sun Jun 19, 2011 10:57 am

Maybe do some reinactment of a world event via Hetalia? At the heart of it all, isn't that what the show is about?
Squad 14: Fukutaicho *I'm a GIRL!!!!*
Freelancer Washington aka Recovery One
aderyn
<OM NOM NOM>

Postby oglop_master » Sun Jun 19, 2011 11:26 am

We were kind of trying to do that with the battles, but I don't think it worked out very well, though it did amuse people... I know that at one point, someone was winning that wasn't supposed to be, but I don't remember who it was. We'll definitely have to work on that for next year.
oglop_master

Postby aderyn » Sun Jun 19, 2011 11:49 am

I have some ideas for the vlog that could be transposed into the panel. I'll post them on the Facebook page. :)
Squad 14: Fukutaicho *I'm a GIRL!!!!*
Freelancer Washington aka Recovery One
aderyn
<OM NOM NOM>

Postby K. Orchid » Tue Jun 21, 2011 6:53 pm

I saw the panel this year, and had a lot of fun. I would love to be involved with next year's panel. Also, I have some experience with script writing - how to get it started and how to improve it and such. (I was on a sketch comedy team for a couple years) I would also love to be involved with the script writing process.
K. Orchid
Shonen Bat Victim

Postby PuppetQueen » Tue Jun 21, 2011 7:19 pm

^- my bestie. She speaks truths!
PuppetQueen
Local Polygamist

Postby oglop_master » Sat Jun 25, 2011 4:04 pm

K. Orchid wrote:I saw the panel this year, and had a lot of fun. I would love to be involved with next year's panel. Also, I have some experience with script writing - how to get it started and how to improve it and such. (I was on a sketch comedy team for a couple years) I would also love to be involved with the script writing process.

Ahhh, this would be really helpful. You and Lisa can team up and help me with the script if you'd like. I suppose it's time to plan a meeting. :3
oglop_master

Postby usei » Sat Aug 13, 2011 11:47 pm

Maybe I'll actually remember to speak into a microphone next year ffffffff.

ALSO HELLO OTHER PEOPLE, WHY ARE WE NOT MAKING THE SCRIPT. -dusts off thread- 8c
usei

Postby oglop_master » Sat Aug 13, 2011 11:57 pm

usei wrote:Maybe I'll actually remember to speak into a microphone next year ffffffff.

THIS. XD AMUSE THE AUDIENCE, NOT JUST ME. <3

usei wrote:ALSO HELLO OTHER PEOPLE, WHY ARE WE NOT MAKING THE SCRIPT. -dusts off thread- 8c

That's my fault, hurr. We need to have a Skype meeting at one point or another. Which means... When are people free?
oglop_master

Postby usei » Sun Aug 14, 2011 12:05 pm

FFFFFFFFFFFFFff always, look at the exciting life I have. The 18th or 19th I might be doing something, and the weekend of the 27th for sure.

Other than that, though.. |':
usei

Postby oglop_master » Wed Aug 17, 2011 10:51 am

Yeah, I don't have much planned except school and Friday night yet. Maybe on Sunday like we used to?
oglop_master

Postby dthompson09 » Wed Jan 11, 2012 11:16 pm

When it comes to script-writing, look no farther.

I had two one-act plays that I wrote produced by my community theatre troupe, and have been told I'm a very good writer.

Plus, being a history nerd, I can definitely bring some of that knowledge into writing hilarious, historically accurate skits and the like.
ANIMAZEMENT 2012 COSPLAYS:

Not even the slightest of ideas yet >.>
dthompson09

Postby Vampireskiss » Fri Jan 13, 2012 3:15 pm

I came to this last year and it I thought was really fun and it was my first con so i can't wait to see it this year :3
Because I'm one hell of a butler.
AZ11 Yuki cross vampire knight
AZ12 Ikuto Shugo chara
AZ13 female Neko thursday and sunday
AZ13 L DEATH NOTE friday
AZ13 AppleJack MLP Saturday
AZ14 ???
Vampireskiss
Mysterious Sentai Warrior

Next

Return to Everything Panels