• http://www.animazement.org/
  • It is currently Fri Apr 18, 2014 9:54 pm

Sign In

User menu

FAQ
Register
Login
Animazement Fan Forum

Anime You May Have Missed (Or Never Heard Of) (APPROVED)

Got an idea for a panel? Want to know what others think? Need to give a shout out to panel staff? Come on in!

Moderators: Macross-Junkie, Kurotsubasa

Who would be interested in this?

Sure
83%
Maybe
13%
Not Really
No votes
Not at all
No votes
Undecided
4%

Total votes : 24

Re: Anime You May Have Missed (Or Never Heard Of) (APPROVED)

Postby Shenanagan » Thu May 31, 2012 8:41 am

Yay! If I have any more ideas I'll put them up here!
Shenanagan
Shinsengumi Veteran

Postby Leinadro » Sat Jun 02, 2012 11:49 am

First off awesome panel. You know you're doing it right when you have a mostly full room at 9:30am on a Sunday. Going back and covering overlooked titles like this is a great way to help people see more anime, keep titles alive that would otherwise fade into obscurity, and overall give us more to talk about than just the latest import from Japan that gets big.

If you get to do this again next year you need more ammo.

Crying Freeman
(Old and New) Dominion Tank Police
Bubblegum Crisis (not 2040 but the original 2032)
Ultimate Teacher
Crimson Wolf
3x3 Eyes
Metal Skin Panic
MD Geist
Black Magic M-66
Battle Angel Alita
Plastic Little
Zillion
Leinadro
Shonen Bat Victim

Postby Se7enBishie » Sat Jun 02, 2012 5:05 pm

Leinadro wrote:First off awesome panel. You know you're doing it right when you have a mostly full room at 9:30am on a Sunday. Going back and covering overlooked titles like this is a great way to help people see more anime, keep titles alive that would otherwise fade into obscurity, and overall give us more to talk about than just the latest import from Japan that gets big.

If you get to do this again next year you need more ammo.

Crying Freeman
(Old and New) Dominion Tank Police
Bubblegum Crisis (not 2040 but the original 2032)
Ultimate Teacher
Crimson Wolf
3x3 Eyes
Metal Skin Panic
MD Geist
Black Magic M-66
Battle Angel Alita
Plastic Little
Zillion

I appreciate it a lot. I was amazingly surprised at the turnout that I had that early in the morning...usually there's no one conscious at crack 'o dawn thirty on a Sunday, unless they're just overly ambitious or staff (even then it's a tossup).

Commenting on your list, I will say that I had just under half of those on my To-Do list if I get accepted for next year. The rest will be added accordingly. I usually stay prepared. ^__^
AZ '03, '05-'12

Proud member of Omake Ikuze!
Se7enBishie
Faceless Minion of Big Fire

Postby Se7enBishie » Tue Jun 12, 2012 7:26 pm

So, for those of you that want to see some of the panel again, or missed the panel and want to see what happened and what craziness ensued, some of the footage is on YouTube.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9lx-GoH_-vs

And here's the page for Omake Ikuze:

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Omake-Ikuze/172222329462392

/shamelessplug
AZ '03, '05-'12

Se7enBishie

Postby erith81 » Sat Jun 16, 2012 11:25 am

Fantastic panel. I'd seen most of what you showed, but loved it none the less. You picked some true classics, and I can't argue with any of your choices. By the way, at the panel, I suggested an anime for next year and you said you hadn't been able to find anything to use. I'd said I though I had access to it, but I'd have to check. Problem being, I'm not sure if you heard me correctly with what I suggested. I said Votoms, but it sounded like you said Photon (great classics, both). Which was it you were wanting, and I'll see if I can get the opening sent to you for a potential panel next year (a panel I greatly look forward to having confirmed).
erith81
Shonen Bat Victim

Postby Se7enBishie » Sat Jun 16, 2012 1:43 pm

erith81 wrote:Fantastic panel. I'd seen most of what you showed, but loved it none the less. You picked some true classics, and I can't argue with any of your choices. By the way, at the panel, I suggested an anime for next year and you said you hadn't been able to find anything to use. I'd said I though I had access to it, but I'd have to check. Problem being, I'm not sure if you heard me correctly with what I suggested. I said Votoms, but it sounded like you said Photon (great classics, both). Which was it you were wanting, and I'll see if I can get the opening sent to you for a potential panel next year (a panel I greatly look forward to having confirmed).

I appreciate the support, hopefully the rest of the panel will be uploaded.

As for Votoms, I did understand you correctly and I had completely forgotten of that series. I know some people in this thread had suggested Photon, which will probably be included, but I had yet to find and finish by crunch time, so it didn't make the cut. I will be sure to add Votoms in to the list. I remembered something about it during the panel, but my memory is horrible, like I probably stated, so thank you for reposting. ^__^
AZ '03, '05-'12

Se7enBishie

Postby Shenanagan » Sun Jul 08, 2012 10:49 am

If you're still looking for suggestions for next year, try Key! I remember it from a while ago, but never had the chance to watch the whole thing. If I'm not mistaken it's about this robot girl who in order to become human must make 1000 friends or something like that.
Shenanagan
Shinsengumi Veteran

Postby Shenanagan » Tue Jul 10, 2012 11:12 am

Ah yes! It was called Key: The Metal Idol, I believe!
Shenanagan
Shinsengumi Veteran

Postby Se7enBishie » Sun Dec 02, 2012 11:26 pm

Announcement for everyone interested!

We are looking to come back in 2013! We need your support to let AZ staff know that you would like to see us back. We will be coming as an ENTIRE panel, hopefully 5-6 people full, since we will be hosting this formally as "Omake Ikuze", so not only will Ryuuji and I (Bishie) be back, but we will be joined by Maverick, Furiku, and possibly AoKoumori and the elusive Shai.
AZ '03, '05-'12

Se7enBishie

Previous

Return to Everything Panels