• It is currently Thu Apr 24, 2014 1:51 am

Sign In

User menu

FAQ
Register
Login
Animazement Fan Forum

Otaku Dateing! (18+)

Got an idea for a panel? Want to know what others think? Need to give a shout out to panel staff? Come on in!

Moderators: Macross-Junkie, Kurotsubasa

Re: Otaku Dateing! (18+)

Postby zydrate_girl13 » Sun Jan 01, 2012 12:49 am

I would be really tempted to attend this if it gets approved. I'm looking for a girlfriend with similar interests and I think this would help(I sound really lame right now haha) if anything, might get a few friends out of it at the very least.
Image 100% DoneImage 100% Done
Image 100% DoneImage 100% Done
zydrate_girl13
Citizen of Macross City

Postby usagi_chokoreto » Sun Jan 08, 2012 1:07 pm

Hm this sounds interesting. I'll attend if it gets approved.
I am a creature without a home, without a body, and without a heart. I am a thing without a name, without a purpose, without a age. I am unbound by your laws, your thoughts, and your limitations. I am dead yet more alive then you will ever be.
usagi_chokoreto
Shonen Bat Victim

Postby NekozawaFan » Mon Jan 09, 2012 1:05 pm

I'll attend, if only for the free boys
Animazement 2012 - Grell Sutcliff (Reaper ver.) with Deathscythe.
NekozawaFan
Newest Host in Ouran High School

Postby dthompson09 » Wed Jan 11, 2012 10:32 pm

kaiser_forsaken wrote:If you attended any of the 18+ panels this year, or some of the late night panels in previous years (Like Spike Spencer's "Don't Kill Your Date and Other Cooking Tips"), you'll recognize that while the convention is primarily a family-friendly event, they do offer some stuff for the older fans as well.

I'm interested to see how this turns out. Speed-dating is more appealing to me than con skanks.

If you attended the 18+ Q/A panel with Todd, Eric, and Leah, then you'd know that it was DEFINITELY NOT family-friendly.

Eric Vale told me to sleep with someone.

pancake-fong wrote:I'd definitely want to check this out if it was gay friendly. Too many times have I been to a convention that had some sort of speed dating type thing that totally left the LGBT group out of the loop.

Who needs speed-dating when you've got me? I'll be your Mako whenever you need me ;)

EDIT:Something like a mixer would probably be the simplest way of pulling this off. Maybe arrange for drinks/snacks to be available. The only issue I forsee is that, sadly, most nerdy people are shy, and that won't fly! (Heh, I rhymed)

NERDS OF THE CON, DON'T BE AFRAID TO GO TALK TO SOMEONE. BELIEVE IN YOURSELF! BELIEVE IN THE ME THAT BELIEVES IN YOU! YOUR CHARM IS THE CHARM THAT WILL PIERCE THE HEAVENS! GIGA...CHARM...BREEEEEEEEEAAAKKKEEERRRRR!

(I for one am excited for this. I think that, if done properly, it could be a really fun time! Plus, I'm more than happy to help organize/DJ it)
ANIMAZEMENT 2012 COSPLAYS:

Not even the slightest of ideas yet >.>
dthompson09
Mahou Otaku Pretty Fanservice

Postby Mikay » Thu Jan 12, 2012 7:48 pm

dthompson09 wrote:(I for one am excited for this. I think that, if done properly, it could be a really fun time! Plus, I'm more than happy to help organize/DJ it)

I'm looking to see if anyone would help co-host this with me if it really works out, so feel free to send me a message if you'd really be interested. :)
Mikay
Faceless Minion of Big Fire

Postby pancake-fong » Fri Jan 13, 2012 10:29 pm

dthompson09 wrote:Who needs speed-dating when you've got me? I'll be your Mako whenever you need me ;)

EDIT:Something like a mixer would probably be the simplest way of pulling this off. Maybe arrange for drinks/snacks to be available. The only issue I forsee is that, sadly, most nerdy people are shy, and that won't fly! (Heh, I rhymed)

NERDS OF THE CON, DON'T BE AFRAID TO GO TALK TO SOMEONE. BELIEVE IN YOURSELF! BELIEVE IN THE ME THAT BELIEVES IN YOU! YOUR CHARM IS THE CHARM THAT WILL PIERCE THE HEAVENS! GIGA...CHARM...BREEEEEEEEEAAAKKKEEERRRRR!

(I for one am excited for this. I think that, if done properly, it could be a really fun time! Plus, I'm more than happy to help organize/DJ it)

Mmm, baby, totally. Fighting the Geth is totally the most romantic thing I've ever done. :lol:

And, towards your second part/edit, I think that that's why the idea of this is fantastic! All nerds are going to be in an EXTREMELY relaxed and friendly environment, so those walls people put up are going to be gone. Even if they aren't all that outgoing even in the hallways of AZ. This panel can be a place for guys and gals to practice their flirting and get something even more out of it.

As a member of team Rainbow, I plan to wear some sort of rainbow bracelet or something to show which team I play for. Less to deter men and more to attract teh ladies. (Teh is intentionally misspelled in this context).
AZ '14 Plans: Emma Swan from Once Upon a Time
Me: Go team :rainbow: GOOOOOOO!!!!!
Little Brother: What? Team Rambo??
pancake-fong
Yuri-Pancake-Empress

Postby dthompson09 » Sat Jan 14, 2012 7:58 pm

pancake-fong wrote:
dthompson09 wrote:Who needs speed-dating when you've got me? I'll be your Mako whenever you need me ;)

Mmm, baby, totally. Fighting the Geth is totally the most romantic thing I've ever done. :lol:

And, towards your second part/edit, I think that that's why the idea of this is fantastic! All nerds are going to be in an EXTREMELY relaxed and friendly environment, so those walls people put up are going to be gone. Even if they aren't all that outgoing even in the hallways of AZ. This panel can be a place for guys and gals to practice their flirting and get something even more out of it.

As a member of team Rainbow, I plan to wear some sort of rainbow bracelet or something to show which team I play for. Less to deter men and more to attract teh ladies. (Teh is intentionally misspelled in this context).

I'll fight the Geth with you anytime, anywhere.

Various means of identification have been discussed, including stickers, unicorn horns, rainbow lasers, and for some reason neon signs...

While this panel WILL be LGBT friendly, we'd like to deter any accidental flirting that could make people uncomfortable. More details will be released closer to the con itself, assuming the panel is even approved.

If, for some reason, it isn't, then we'll just arrange for our own meet-up! With Blackjack! And hookers! You know what...just forget the meet-up part...

dthompson09

Postby NekozawaFan » Mon Jan 16, 2012 9:10 pm

dthompson09 wrote:Various means of identification have been discussed, including stickers, unicorn horns, rainbow lasers, and for some reason neon signs...

While this panel WILL be LGBT friendly, we'd like to deter any accidental flirting that could make people uncomfortable. More details will be released closer to the con itself, assuming the panel is even approved.

If, for some reason, it isn't, then we'll just arrange for our own meet-up! With Blackjack! And hookers! You know what...just forget the meet-up part...

Perhaps just something like a sticker? Something tasteful to identify ourselves and not rainbow lasers. You know, if I were to hit on a stright guy, he could just say "I like girls" then I would get the picture

I think we should have some ice-breaking games as well, so that we can have some fun and get to know eachother better before heading out into AZ.
NekozawaFan

Postby dthompson09 » Mon Jan 16, 2012 10:06 pm

NekozawaFan wrote:
dthompson09 wrote:Various means of identification have been discussed, including stickers, unicorn horns, rainbow lasers, and for some reason neon signs...

Perhaps just something like a sticker? Something tasteful to identify ourselves and not rainbow lasers. You know, if I were to hit on a stright guy, he could just say "I like girls" then I would get the picture

I think we should have some ice-breaking games as well, so that we can have some fun and get to know eachother better before heading out into AZ.

Last year there was a pre-con meetup that flopped pretty sadly. (I had bought pizza and everything...then nobody showed up...so I gave away pizzas all weekend) Something similar SHOULD be happening this year, and HOPEFULLY it doesn't flop this time.

I met some pretty special people at the one last year, that's for true.

dthompson09

Postby megaplushie » Tue Jan 17, 2012 10:41 pm

dthompson09 wrote:Last year there was a pre-con meetup that flopped pretty sadly. (I had bought pizza and everything...then nobody showed up...so I gave away pizzas all weekend) Something similar SHOULD be happening this year, and HOPEFULLY it doesn't flop this time.

I met some pretty special people at the one last year, that's for true.

Yeah, my meetup was pretty bad. I learned my lesson about posting an event listing on Facebook. :P If I do one this year, it's gonna be real low-key.
megaplushie
OM NOM NOM NOM

Postby DrGonzo369 » Wed Jan 25, 2012 6:58 am

Even though back in Oct I mentioned I wouldn't go to this, I might pop in to see how this goes. If it happens.
Ben: There is nothing sadder, Joe, than a sad Japanese man.
Joe: Boy, I'll say...
Image Seat 30

DrGonzo369
The Good Doctor of Otaku-ism

Postby NekozawaFan » Wed Jan 25, 2012 8:17 pm

With my terrible love life, I'm hoping that this thing will work.
I still say we should have ice breaker games, or something of the sort so we can get to know one another. I think that this panel could make many happy couples if executed properly.
NekozawaFan

Postby kaiser_forsaken » Thu Feb 02, 2012 12:43 pm

dthompson09 wrote:If you attended the 18+ Q/A panel with Todd, Eric, and Leah, then you'd know that it was DEFINITELY NOT family-friendly.

I offered $200 cash to get Leah's shirt off. That was the best panel ever. Just had to mention that.

Also, the mixer is a pretty good idea. I'm just glad I won't have to keep trying to guess if the ladies are legal.
AZ 2014: Gambit (X-treme X-men), Kirito (Sword Art Online), other costumes TBD
kaiser_forsaken
Gotei 13 Captain

Postby DrGonzo369 » Fri Feb 03, 2012 2:41 am

My problem about even thinking about going to this is that I know I'll be the oldest person there...and that will make it look like I'm desperate and...yeah.....
Image Seat 30

DrGonzo369

Postby kaiser_forsaken » Fri Feb 03, 2012 9:34 pm

You'll be like the chaperone. For legal, consenting adults. Not awkward at all. :D

I'll find some people to make a pass at you. Dress nice, and get a luxury watch. It'll make selling the Sugar Daddy angle easier. ;)
AZ 2014: Gambit (X-treme X-men), Kirito (Sword Art Online), other costumes TBD
kaiser_forsaken
Gotei 13 Captain

Postby dthompson09 » Sat Feb 04, 2012 2:55 pm

kaiser_forsaken wrote:
dthompson09 wrote:If you attended the 18+ Q/A panel with Todd, Eric, and Leah, then you'd know that it was DEFINITELY NOT family-friendly.

I offered $200 cash to get Leah's shirt off. That was the best panel ever. Just had to mention that.

Also, the mixer is a pretty good idea. I'm just glad I won't have to keep trying to guess if the ladies are legal.

...I gave her my debit card/room key...

Never did find that room key either, must have lost it in the mad dash to the table.

dthompson09

Postby RoxasQuillinette » Sun Feb 05, 2012 5:46 pm

First year to go to AZ, and already interested in the random panels, and seeing how it seems like im broken when it comes to relationships, I may be giving this a spin.
RoxasQuillinette
Faceless Minion of Big Fire

Postby DrGonzo369 » Mon Feb 06, 2012 1:03 am

dthompson09 wrote:
kaiser_forsaken wrote:

...I gave her my debit card/room key...

Never did find that room key either, must have lost it in the mad dash to the table.

I re-read this...and I can kinda see why....nevermind....I'll just shut up before i make a forum faux-pas.
Image Seat 30

DrGonzo369

Postby Dimmuburger » Mon Feb 06, 2012 3:27 am

Looks like ol' dimmu's late to the party.

Whats going on here?
Dimmuburger
That's the Spirit!

Postby volley94 » Mon Feb 06, 2012 2:35 pm

Dimmuburger wrote:Looks like ol' dimmu's late to the party.

Whats going on here?

Orgy?
Cant wait for 2011AZ.
Fumi from shigofumi:
Wig - wating confermation.
Out fit: just need to order
hat/bag:
Hello kitty:
Just need to find a decent one to order.lol
Lolita:
Wig: need to order one either curled or uncurled.
Dress: cant figure out where to buy one from.lol there are so many sites.
Shoes: i'm thinking i'll get them from milanoo.
volley94

PreviousNext

Return to Everything Panels