• It is currently Thu Apr 24, 2014 12:13 pm

Sign In

User menu

FAQ
Register
Login
Animazement Fan Forum

Possible Homestuck panel 2012

Got an idea for a panel? Want to know what others think? Need to give a shout out to panel staff? Come on in!

Moderators: Macross-Junkie, Kurotsubasa

Re: Possible Homestuck panel 2012

Postby Loa » Sun Feb 05, 2012 6:04 pm

Creepily, I'd love to hear your voice :> Do you have something on youtube?
Loa
Citizen of Macross City

Postby Shrimpmuffin » Sun Feb 05, 2012 7:00 pm

Loa- That would be awesome!
Wolf- Ok, thanks for the info! Panel times/what's been accepted won't be released for a looong time(probably not for a few months) So until then let's hope for the best!

What that does mean though is that before we even know if we'll have our panel we'll probably start skyping, because there's a chance we won't know until the beginning of May. Not just yet though because it's so early and I don't expect anyone to have their cosplay done this soon unless they had it before.

Miiaxra-I'd also love to hear your voice acting! As far as actual hair goes, I've seen it done well and I've seen it done terribly, so I'd like to see a picture before saying yay or nay. You don't have to put the makeup on or anything but just with the horns and any facial accessories you already have?(goggles or crown).

If you feel confident that you can pull it off then you're probably okay, but I'd just like to see first! Like I said, it can work fantastically and it can also be a disaster, you seem to be pretty cosplay savvy though so you're probably A-okay!

And yes she could be! Same rules apply for her, I'll need to check her cosplay and acting and whatnot, but I'll add her to the list~
Shrimpmuffin
Citizen of Macross City

Postby Zaverxi » Sun Feb 05, 2012 10:50 pm

I'm using my real hair for Dog-Tier Jade. Aside from a lack of bangs my hair matches hers perfectly and you don't really see bangs with the hood up anyway.
AZ 2013 vague ideas
Yukiko Amagi (Persona 4)
Zebstrika Gijinka
Jaspers (Homestuck)
Trickster Jaspers (Homestuck)
Human Gatomon (Digimon)
Zaverxi
Ectobiologist

Postby Miiaxra » Mon Feb 06, 2012 8:34 pm

I usually use my hair for all of my cosplays, I just style it all pretty and special! Whether it be straightening it, or curling it (though i don't usually have to curl it since its naturally curly/wavy!) or blowdrying and pinning it up! My horns have just recently committed suicide, so I'll have to fix them! I was going to buy actual swim goggles, or thick fake sunglasses and paint them, etc, though for now I usually use my back up pair of glasses! As for the crown, I am going to attach it to my headband w/ my horns. I could show you what my hair looks like right now, I will probably get it wet and style it the day before the day of the panel so it'll look all nice for the panel itself! And then I get to wash it afterwards, so it sounds nice!!

As for my feferi voice acting, I have
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PTu59Roq ... ature=plcp

http://tindeck.com/listen/kwpl

annnddd
http://tindeck.com/listen/vrdy

though I've been voiceacting her for a while, I am sort of very self conscious of the way I voice act ; w ;

My friend doesn't really voiceact Terezi, but I told her about all of the stuff and rules and such on her birthday two days ago! She said it was fine!

//long message ended aughswkdhfu im sorry--

**Edit!

whoops, i fixed the second link.
Last edited by Miiaxra on Tue Feb 07, 2012 7:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Miiaxra
Shonen Bat Victim

Postby Loa » Mon Feb 06, 2012 9:02 pm

your voice is adorable. Oh gosh, me trying to sound like gamzee is getting pretty weird. Considering i'm not a guy and my voice isn't exactly deep. I can't stop laughing at myself xD But I'll muster up something eventually.
Loa
Citizen of Macross City

Postby Miiaxra » Tue Feb 07, 2012 7:39 pm

Oh GOLLY Loa thank you!!! ; w ;
oh jeez and I know how that is! HOW DOES ONE GAMZEE ANYWAY?
I picture him with a laid back sort of southern accent. Or my human!gamzee headcanon is that he's Russian, so maybe a Russian accent!
Miiaxra
Shonen Bat Victim

Postby Zaverxi » Tue Feb 07, 2012 8:15 pm

Miiaxra wrote:Oh GOLLY Loa thank you!!! ; w ;
oh jeez and I know how that is! HOW DOES ONE GAMZEE ANYWAY?
I picture him with a laid back sort of southern accent. Or my human!gamzee headcanon is that he's Russian, so maybe a Russian accent!

Personally I imagine him as a stoner dude, all laid back and chill and sounding like an extra from Dude Where's My Car?

Dude Where's My Faygo?
AZ 2013 vague ideas
Yukiko Amagi (Persona 4)
Zebstrika Gijinka
Jaspers (Homestuck)
Human Gatomon (Digimon)
Zaverxi
Ectobiologist

Postby Loa » Tue Feb 07, 2012 8:16 pm

I keep sounding like some preacher with a cold. And I'm tempted to just shout "CAN I GET AN AMEN?" after everything he says.
Actually, a cold would be pretty good. Because I had one last month and i could muster up a voice for just about every guy but Eq. I literally sounded like a man for a week.
But I suppose I could get the southern accent, because I naturally have one. (Not country, southern, right?) It's kind of my headcanon as well.
Loa
Citizen of Macross City

Postby Shrimpmuffin » Wed Feb 08, 2012 10:33 am

Zaverxi-I believe you posted a picture of your cosplay on the main HS forum, your hair definitely works for Jade!
Miiaxra-OMG Your voice is so perfect! I'll see if I can record something for my Tav voice at somepoint and maybe get feedback from you all? Also it seems like you put a lot of effort into your own hair and that's excellent! The bad real hair people generally just seem to slap on some horns and consider it a day, but the fact that you take the time to not only make it look nice, but style it to the character says a lot!

Anyway I'm excited to hear the rest of you guys's voices, even if you have no experience with voice acting it's always fun to try new things. Simply being in character is the most important thing,but a good character voice can really take it to the next level! I still have a lot of work to do before I can do my ideal Tavros voice though haha.
Shrimpmuffin
Citizen of Macross City

Postby wolf » Wed Feb 08, 2012 4:39 pm

I've been practicing my Sollux voice, I've found that wearing my retainer makes it a lot easier to lisp, now they don't sound so forced. I was so worried about that. :'D
'13 Cosplays:
Thurs: nothing, I'm lazy~
Fri: Asuka - NGE 100%
Sat: Rikka - Chuu2
Sun: Yuno Gasai - Mirai Nikki
wolf
Elite Beat Agent

Postby Zaverxi » Wed Feb 08, 2012 6:24 pm

I don't think I need to practice any kind of voice for Jade. XD All I need to be is spazzy and girly, and I'm both of those, especially at an anime convention. XD

Well, I can pull off the 'PASSWORD, ****!' thing too. :D
Last edited by Zaverxi on Mon Feb 13, 2012 12:09 am, edited 1 time in total.
AZ 2013 vague ideas
Yukiko Amagi (Persona 4)
Zebstrika Gijinka
Jaspers (Homestuck)
Human Gatomon (Digimon)
Zaverxi
Ectobiologist

Postby Rikkamira » Thu Feb 09, 2012 7:49 pm

Miiaxra, OMG your voice is so adorably perfect :'D!!!
And haha I've been purracticing ( :P ) my Nepeta voice whenever possible (Haha I annoy the crap out of my parents!) and I think it sounds pretty good c:! I just get reeeeally self conscious about it when I'm around people ^^'
Rikkamira
Shonen Bat Victim

Postby Rikkamira » Sat Feb 11, 2012 12:40 pm

Oh and also, the John that will be joining our group said she might be able to be John in the panel :D!
Rikkamira
Shonen Bat Victim

Postby Shrimpmuffin » Sun Feb 12, 2012 4:28 pm

Wolf and Zaverxi: Awesome! Can't wait to hear it!

Rikkamira: I'll put her as possibly and if you hear confirmation from her just tell me~
Shrimpmuffin
Citizen of Macross City

Postby TheKnightOfSpace » Tue Feb 14, 2012 11:30 pm

I'm the person Rikkamira mentioned, I can definitely make it! thanks!
TheKnightOfSpace
Shonen Bat Victim

Postby HeroOfTime » Thu Feb 23, 2012 12:17 am

I am going as Aradia! (Grace its Belle)
2014 Plans!
Friday- Ayaka Shindo (Beyond the Boundry)
Saturday- Sasha Braus
Sunday- Ashe
HeroOfTime
Citizen of Macross City

Postby HeroOfTime » Thu Feb 23, 2012 12:53 am

And I w0uld l0ve to be her in the skit if there is a 0pening!
2014 Plans!
Friday- Ayaka Shindo (Beyond the Boundry)
Saturday- Sasha Braus
Sunday- Ashe
HeroOfTime
Citizen of Macross City

Postby Shrimpmuffin » Thu Feb 23, 2012 5:09 pm

TheKnightOfSpace: Awesome! I'll change it to your username, glad to have you on board!

HeroOfTime/Belle: Hey girl, heeeey! And yes I will totally add you as the Aradia!
Shrimpmuffin
Citizen of Macross City

Postby Sondossa » Sun Feb 26, 2012 9:10 pm

Not sure if my Skype is on my profile here (if not just PM me for it) but I'd be open to a Skype chat!

I already voice act both Roxy and Vriska (there should be some examples of both on my YouTube, everydaypon) but I haven't done either of them since forever so I need to practice a little more. D:

Also glad to see so many people are interested! Hope this gets accepted!
animazement 2013 cosplay
|| meenah peixes || junko enoshima || tbd ||
Sondossa
Faceless Minion of Big Fire

Postby Zaverxi » Sun Feb 26, 2012 9:16 pm

Sondossa wrote:Not sure if my Skype is on my profile here (if not just PM me for it) but I'd be open to a Skype chat!

I already voice act both Roxy and Vriska (there should be some examples of both on my YouTube, everydaypon) but I haven't done either of them since forever so I need to practice a little more. D:

Also glad to see so many people are interested! Hope this gets accepted!

Anything special I need to do in order to be able to be Jade? I mean, I'm definitely going to be excitable and cheerful but I can also be pissed off at any Karkats in the room. <3
AZ 2013 vague ideas
Yukiko Amagi (Persona 4)
Zebstrika Gijinka
Jaspers (Homestuck)
Human Gatomon (Digimon)
Zaverxi
Ectobiologist

PreviousNext

Return to Everything Panels