• It is currently Sun Apr 20, 2014 7:31 pm

Sign In

User menu

FAQ
Register
Login
Animazement Fan Forum

My Panels: How to Take Commissions & Managing Collections

Got an idea for a panel? Want to know what others think? Need to give a shout out to panel staff? Come on in!

Moderators: Macross-Junkie, Kurotsubasa

My Panels: How to Take Commissions & Managing Collections

Postby SailorAstera » Mon Mar 12, 2012 1:41 pm

I've submitted two panels for Animazement to consider this year! ^0^ This would be my first time doing a panel at Animazement (other than helping with some Sailormoon panels in the past ^.^)

Anyway, I'd love to check with you guys and see if these are some panels you would be interested in attending. I'd like to hear about things you'd really want to have covered if you went to panels like these, too.

How to Take Commissions
This panel focuses on young or new artists who are interested in getting paid commissions for their artwork but aren't sure if they are ready or how to start taking commissions if they are ready. I review a large number of topics including how to market yourself, how to get your work into shows, how to network and manage your social media, branding, contracts, deposits, taxes, shipping and all kinds of dos and don'ts. I draw on mainly my 5-year personal experience as a commissioned artist but I hope to have one or two other artists to provide additional perspective. I try to leave ample time at the end for specific Q&A.

Managing Your Anime/Manga Collection
Sometimes you start collecting things and you don't even realize how much stuff you really have. All of a sudden your bed is overrun with Pokémon plushies or you can't see your floor because of the piles of manga volumes stacked up in front of your closet. I've been there and I want to help. This panel reviews how you can manage your collection, keep tabs on your spending, and organize your fandoms so that you don't buy the same FMA keychain twice.
SailorAstera
S.O.S. Brigade Initiate

Re: My Panels: How to Take Commissions & Managing Collection

Postby Shenanagan » Mon Mar 12, 2012 3:44 pm

These both sound like great panel ideas, especially how to take commissions!! I've been doing it for about 4-5 years and would love to hear advice from others about it :) Let me know if you need any input as well!
Shenanagan
Shinsengumi Veteran

Postby Tigress » Wed Mar 14, 2012 6:30 am

They're both great ideas. I had been considering doing a "Business 101" panel similar to your "Taking Commissions" idea, so I would love to get and share ideas on that subject.
Kat's Play -- Costume Artist

I always wanted to be somebody, but I should've been more specific.

-- Lily Tomlin
Tigress
Black Rose Duelist

Postby SailorAstera » Wed Mar 14, 2012 9:05 am

Awesome! If the panel gets approved I will be looking for other experienced artists to help me run it. :D
SailorAstera
S.O.S. Brigade Initiate

Return to Everything Panels