• It is currently Thu Apr 24, 2014 3:17 pm

Sign In

User menu

FAQ
Register
Login
Animazement Fan Forum

How to Take Commissions - Approved! Friday 6PM 301B

Got an idea for a panel? Want to know what others think? Need to give a shout out to panel staff? Come on in!

Moderators: Macross-Junkie, Kurotsubasa

How to Take Commissions - Approved! Friday 6PM 301B

Postby SailorAstera » Sun May 13, 2012 8:01 pm

I'm excited to have the chance to meet with artists and talk to them about opportunities for taking their art to the next level! ^o^

How to Take Commissions Friday 6-7PM 301B
This panel focuses on young or new artists who are interested in getting paid commissions for their artwork but aren't sure if they are ready or how to start. I review a large number of topics including how to market yourself, pricing work, how to get your work into shows, how to network and manage your social media, branding, contracts, deposits, taxes, shipping and all kinds of dos and don'ts. I draw on mainly my 5-year personal experience as a commissioned artist but I hope to have one or two other artists to provide additional perspective. I try to leave ample time at the end for specific Q&A.

The presentation usually takes up a good chunk of the hour but I'm also hoping to try to come up with some fun things to do if there is time. If you guys have any stuff you want to be sure I'm going to cover ahead of time please feel free to post here and ask about it.

\ ^ 0 ^ /
SailorAstera
S.O.S. Brigade Initiate

Re: How to Take Commissions - Approved! Friday 6PM 301B

Postby Shenanagan » Mon May 14, 2012 9:51 am

Hooray! If you still need me to help out with this panel, let me know!
Shenanagan
Shinsengumi Veteran

Return to Everything Panels