• It is currently Thu Apr 24, 2014 10:31 pm

Sign In

User menu

FAQ
Register
Login
Animazement Fan Forum

What panel would you want go to?

Got an idea for a panel? Want to know what others think? Need to give a shout out to panel staff? Come on in!

Moderators: Macross-Junkie, Kurotsubasa

What kind of panel do you prefer?

Fandom
11%
How to
44%
Improv
11%
Cultural
33%
Gameshow
No votes

Total votes : 9

What panel would you want go to?

Postby Chopstickman » Sat Nov 16, 2013 11:33 pm

As a man who loves to give lots of panels I sadly find that not all of my panel ideas generate much if any interest. To rectify this I propose that we discuss what kind of panels we all would want to attend; hopefully in a broader sense than merely mentioning the name of a particular anime.
Chopstickman
Faceless Minion of Big Fire

Re: What panel would you want go to?

Postby Shenanagan » Sun Nov 17, 2013 7:18 pm

This is a great idea, Chopstickman! Hopefully more folks will help with voting :)
Shenanagan
Shinsengumi Veteran

Postby Chopstickman » Tue Nov 26, 2013 2:59 pm

This is intended to be a discussion not a mere poll. I want to hear from others, start up a dialogue, something. :x
Chopstickman

Postby Tavex » Tue Nov 26, 2013 8:33 pm

I'm not a big fan at all of just talking about a certain anime.
Those are boring as hell normally.

At least to me.
Cosplay for 2014 AZ:

Mushishi: Ginko

Final Fantasy XIII: Snow (MIGHT do this again)

Tavex
Pokémon Master

Postby Chopstickman » Tue Nov 26, 2013 8:56 pm

So would you prefer a panel about a genre as opposed to a single title?
Chopstickman

Postby Tavex » Tue Nov 26, 2013 9:07 pm

Genre would work better for me than just a single title.

Like..idk. I wish I could describe what I'd really like to see from most panels.

Someone had an idea for a panel where you did a game as like stuff from Attack on Titan and it sounded excellent.
There's another one that looks like it just got started up about trying to have like a runway panel.

Ideas like those that are unique and special. Those are the panels that I'd go to without too much thought.

Not the bland or the generic lets talk about this anime or this game or this series.

I don't wanna sound like I'm ranting but...
I wish people would really think outside the box more often.
Cosplay for 2014 AZ:

Mushishi: Ginko

Final Fantasy XIII: Snow (MIGHT do this again)

Tavex
Pokémon Master

Postby Quicksilver95 » Tue Nov 26, 2013 10:06 pm

The thing that I have found about fan panels is that they will generate interest based on how many people know what you talking about and how passionate you are about the subject you represent. That being said if you enjoy something alot your panels will generate more interest. And sometimes its not the type of panel but the subject matter that draws people in. Oh and a good title helps too. For instance Who Wants to be an Ocarina Hero? Thats an exciting name that includes everyone who wants to attend. Inviting an audience is key =). I hope what I said helps =3.
Cosplays for AZ 15:
I am working on:
Kaito: 100%

I want for future AZ's
Sosuke Aizen: 18%
Link: 0%
Ikasoruk Ogihci: 0%
Kisame Hoshigaki: 15%

Quicksilver95
Newest Host in Ouran High School

Postby Chopstickman » Tue Nov 26, 2013 10:20 pm

Any thoughts on crafting panels? I am by far under-qualified to host any but I do enjoy going to them
Chopstickman

Postby Quicksilver95 » Wed Nov 27, 2013 12:00 pm

If you really want to do one find something you can make and ask for tips on that kind of panel. I run educational/Talent show panels so i'm at a loss for crafting panels. If you feel that you can make it work then go for it.
Cosplays for AZ 15:
I am working on:

I want for future AZ's

Quicksilver95

Postby Shenanagan » Tue Dec 03, 2013 2:18 pm

Quicksilver95 wrote:The thing that I have found about fan panels is that they will generate interest based on how many people know what you talking about and how passionate you are about the subject you represent. That being said if you enjoy something alot your panels will generate more interest. And sometimes its not the type of panel but the subject matter that draws people in. Oh and a good title helps too. For instance Who Wants to be an Ocarina Hero? Thats an exciting name that includes everyone who wants to attend. Inviting an audience is key =). I hope what I said helps =3.

I think you're right on the money here, Quicksilver95! That's why fan panels can only be successful based on how passionate your are about whatever it is you want to talk about. Lecture panels are great for a more introductory level topic (like introducing Lolita fashion, or a particular aspect of Japanese culture) but if you make every panel a lecture, it could get boring pretty easily.

I personally like when the panel includes the audience by having audience participation, discussion, games, trivia, that sort of thing. Something that engages people a little more beyond a talking head.

As for crafting panels, I would love for there to be more of those! Are we talking about a workshop setting, or just a general tutorial-like panel where people can take home something that they made? (because I totally did a How To Draw Chibis panel at a small con recently and had lots of fun seeing everybody's drawings! :P )
Shenanagan
Shinsengumi Veteran

Postby Quicksilver95 » Thu Dec 05, 2013 9:55 pm

Thank you for that shenanagan. Another thing to note is that if you need to do lecturing try to make it like a fun true\False thing. It gets everyone involved, and can lead to some comedy if done right =)
Cosplays for AZ 15:
I am working on:

I want for future AZ's

Quicksilver95

Postby Shenanagan » Mon Dec 09, 2013 11:30 am

True/False format can be pretty fun! And you're right, it can definitely lead to great audience interaction!
Shenanagan
Shinsengumi Veteran

Return to Everything Panels