• http://www.animazement.org/
  • It is currently Fri Apr 18, 2014 4:17 am

Sign In

User menu

FAQ
Register
Login
Animazement Fan Forum

35mm Screenings of Ghibli Films in Durham!

What's happening the other 51 weekends of the year? Organize some gatherings, find a club and keep in touch with all those new friends you made at Animazement!

Moderators: Macross-Junkie, Katharine

35mm Screenings of Ghibli Films in Durham!

Postby Phil » Thu Oct 18, 2012 11:43 am

Howdy, gang. The wonderful folks at the Carolina Theatre in Durham have lined up something special: they'll be screening 35mm prints of six Studio Ghibli films from November 2nd through November 8th. Here's the lineup:

Laputa: Castle in the Sky (Sub)
Nausicaa of the Valley of the Wind (Sub)
My Neighbor Totoro (Dub)
Princess Mononoke (Sub)
Spirited Away (Dub)
Howl's Moving Castle (Sub)

These prints are from a traveling Studio Ghibli film series and are brand new prints and, as I can attest having seen Porco Rosso in NYC last winter, they look fantastic. This is a rare opportunity to see these films the way they were meant to be presented, on 35mm film in a theater. Also, as a regular attendee of the Carolina, I can attest that they're a terrific theater and that it's absolutely worth trekking into Durham to catch these films theatrically.

Spread the word and I'll hope to see many of you at the movies!
I'm not sure what's going on here, but have you watched any of these Japaheeno guns-and-hooters cartoon movies?
Phil
An Elder God...

Re: 35mm Screenings of Ghibli Films in Durham!

Postby BobD » Tue Oct 30, 2012 3:14 pm

I saw Spirited Away when it was out in the theaters. Wish I was close enough to see these. Hope those in the Durham area will take advantage of this great opportunity.
That is so my life right now.
BobD
Old Geezer

Re: 35mm Screenings of Ghibli Films in Durham!

Postby Phil » Fri Nov 02, 2012 2:08 pm

Yeah, me too - but only 30ish views of this thread doesn't bode well. I strongly encourage folks to check out the festival if they're reasonably near Durham (or perhaps even unreasonably) and to let their friends know about it. This is an exciting opportunity to see wonderful films the way they were meant to be viewed: on the big screen and projected from 35mm film.
I'm not sure what's going on here, but have you watched any of these Japaheeno guns-and-hooters cartoon movies?
Phil
An Elder God...

Return to From June To May