• It is currently Sun Apr 20, 2014 12:01 pm

Sign In

User menu

FAQ
Register
Login
Animazement Fan Forum

COUP 15th Anniversary Marathon 03/24/13

What's happening the other 51 weekends of the year? Organize some gatherings, find a club and keep in touch with all those new friends you made at Animazement!

Moderators: Macross-Junkie, Katharine

COUP 15th Anniversary Marathon 03/24/13

Postby Phil » Sat Mar 09, 2013 7:16 pm

Howdy, gang. The Carolina Otaku Uprising, UNC's anime club, was founded in the fall of 1997 and really got rolling with regular scheduled meetings in the spring of 1998, so we're celebrating the club's 15th anniversary with an all day anime
marathon on Sunday, March 24th, from Noon to 8pm in Hamilton 100.

Here's the schedule:

12:00pm - Blazing Transfer Student
12:50pm - Prefectural Earth Defense Force
1:40pm - Assemble Insert
2:40pm - Flying Ghost Ship
3:40pm - Break
4:00pm - Otaku no Video 1
4:50pm - Here is Greenwood 1
5:20pm - Giant Robo 1
6:20pm - Castle of Cagliostro
8:00pm - Marathon ends and we start arguing about where to go get dinner

These are absolute favorites from the early days of the club, most of which are self contained and all of which are awesome. Most of these shows were screened at the club's 5th anniversary Re-Education marathon, to ensure ideological correctness among the otaku; now, a decade and two Five Year Plans later, it is time for all members of the Carolina Otaku Uprising to reacquaint themselves with the classics. We hope you can join us!

So, again: COUP 15th Anniversary Marathon, all killer, no filler, Sunday March 24th from Noon to 8pm in Hamilton 100. (If you're not not familiar with UNC's campus, drop me a PM and I can help give directions.) Be there! Drag your friends along! Party! Join us! Allegiance or death!
I'm not sure what's going on here, but have you watched any of these Japaheeno guns-and-hooters cartoon movies?
Phil
An Elder God...

Re: COUP 15th Anniversary Marathon 03/24/13

Postby Macross-Junkie » Sun Mar 10, 2013 4:47 pm

Hey Phil, what format are you showing Blazing Transfer Student and Prefectural Earth Defense Force on? Been trying to track down commercial copies for years. Also, you wouldn't happen to have a lead on Ultimate Teacher on LD or VHS, there's a guy on eBay asking way to much for it, but it's the only one I've seen...
"Which side are we on? We're on the side of the demons, Chief. We are evil men in the gardens of paradise, sent by the forces of death to spread devastation and destruction where ever we go. I'm surprised you didn't know that."
- Col. Tigh / Battlestar Galactica
Macross-Junkie
Starfleet Captain

Postby Phil » Sun Mar 10, 2013 5:50 pm

Macross-Junkie wrote:Hey Phil, what format are you showing Blazing Transfer Student and Prefectural Earth Defense Force on? Been trying to track down commercial copies for years.

Blazing Transfer Student never received a US release of any sort and hasn't been released in Japan since the VHS/LD days. Thankfully I was able to find a good digital source of both episodes and won't have to resort to digitizing my own LD copies.

PEDF had a US release courtesy of the ADV, but good luck finding a copy. Thankfully, I have the US DVD edition on hand, but we may wind up going with an earlier fansubbed DVD I have if only due to translation preference.

Also, you wouldn't happen to have a lead on Ultimate Teacher on LD or VHS, there's a guy on eBay asking way to much for it, but it's the only one I've seen...

Ultimate Teacher is awesome and all, but that guy ain't getting two hundred bucks for it, that's for damn sure. I'll keep an eye out for ya.
I'm not sure what's going on here, but have you watched any of these Japaheeno guns-and-hooters cartoon movies?
Phil
An Elder God...

Postby Dimmuburger » Mon Mar 11, 2013 6:40 am

You're old.
Dimmuburger
That's the Spirit!

Postby Phil » Mon Mar 11, 2013 10:11 am

Dimmuburger wrote:You're old.

Yes, yes I am. Now, stop sassing back to me, young whippersnapper, or I'll tan your hide with this here boken.
Phil
An Elder God...

Return to From June To May