• It is currently Thu Apr 24, 2014 5:45 pm

Sign In

User menu

FAQ
Register
Login
Animazement Fan Forum

Studio Ghibli films in 35mm in Durham June 21-27th

What's happening the other 51 weekends of the year? Organize some gatherings, find a club and keep in touch with all those new friends you made at Animazement!

Moderators: Macross-Junkie, Katharine

Studio Ghibli films in 35mm in Durham June 21-27th

Postby Phil » Tue May 07, 2013 8:51 am

Howdy, gang. The Carolina Theatre in Durham is having a second Studio Ghibli film series from June 21st through the 27th. These are beautiful new 35mm prints and everything being shown this time will be subtitled. The lineup is Kiki's Delivery Service, Pom Poko, Only Yesterday, Porco Rosso, Whisper of the Heart, My Neighbor Totoro, and Nausicaa. I'll be there for every single film and I hope some of y'all can make it out as well!
I'm not sure what's going on here, but have you watched any of these Japaheeno guns-and-hooters cartoon movies?
Phil
An Elder God...

Re: Studio Ghibli films in 35mm in Durham June 21-27th

Postby megaplushie » Tue May 07, 2013 9:51 am

It's gonna be really difficult to get out there and see anything since the Ghibli movies I haven't yet seen are being shown at bad times. I wish Triangle Transit didn't cut off their Saturday Durham to Raleigh route at 6pm, because the movie I would go watch would just be wrapping up by that time. :(

Edit: I might be able to swing seeing Porco Rosso on 6/24 since it's the shortest of the movies and I can get back to Raleigh before bus service ends. SO EXCITED
megaplushie
OM NOM NOM NOM

Re: Studio Ghibli films in 35mm in Durham June 21-27th

Postby Phil » Fri Jun 21, 2013 8:42 am

Howdy, gang. Just a reminder that the Studio Ghibli film series at the Carolina Theatre in Durham starts tonight and runs through Thursday.
I'm not sure what's going on here, but have you watched any of these Japaheeno guns-and-hooters cartoon movies?
Phil
An Elder God...

Return to From June To May