• It is currently Wed Apr 23, 2014 9:49 pm

Sign In

User menu

FAQ
Register
Login
Animazement Fan Forum

Anime/Manga Recommendations

Come in and talk about things relevant to Japan and all it's glorious art forms.

Moderator: BobD

Postby xHoshiSeishin » Thu May 07, 2009 9:17 am

I'm really enjoying Natsume YujinChou :3
-Terror Squad, 4th Seat.

FEAR THE SPOONS!!!!
xHoshiSeishin
Low Ranking MACROSS Member

Postby Darksoldier2004 » Thu May 07, 2009 9:34 pm

I suggest Sgt. Frog. It is a lot of action and comedy.
Cosplay for next year :
Shadow - 100%
Riku (Kingdom Hearts 2) -100%
Wizardmon (Digimon)-0%
Shinigami (800 years past) - 50%
Sōjirō Kusaka (Bleach) - 55%
Darkrai (Pokemon) - 60%
Will (Pokemon) -55 %
Darksoldier2004
Mahou Otaku Pretty Fanservice

Postby Kikara-Miyone » Fri May 08, 2009 12:07 am

I liked Madmoiselle Butterfly.
It's about a geisha trainee in love, and her life with the man she loves.
-Owner of the Maid Cafe & Head Maid <3 Terror Squad 21 seat-
Cosplay '11: Layla(Kaleido Star) 0%, Fai(TRC, Acid Rain Tokyo) 0%, Yoko(Tenga Toppa Gurran Lagann) 0%, Ninetales(Pokemon) 0%-maybe-
You're Wrong! Just stand there in your wrongness and be WRONG.
ImageImageImageImage
Kikara-Miyone
Epitome of all that is Epic

Postby Warioman64 » Fri May 08, 2009 3:01 pm

xHoshiSeishin wrote:I'm really enjoying Natsume YujinChou :3

OOT!!!! Me too!!! I spell It Natsume Yuujinchou, tho, but it's STILL my favorite!!! >w<
Image Image
In a perfect world, everything would work out for the best... unfortunately, this will never happen.
Alternate Titles I have Earned: Seat 39 of the terror squad, Sir Wario the Red: Champion of the Island, And mechanic for the maid cafe.
Click here to feed me a Rare Candy!
Get your own at Pokeplushies!
Warioman64
The Spirit of Awesomeness

Postby lala » Sat May 09, 2009 8:51 am

I suggest Nana.

It's about two girls that meet who have the same name but are complete opposites. It's really girly (I hate to admit) :) but very good. It's got some comedy and romance. There's both the manga and the series, and I recently found out from Marzipan that there's 2 live action movies.

I also suggest Neon Genesis Evangelion.
I think it's a very interesting series, it's got destruction, not your typical angels vs. demons, kid controlled robots, and great animation. They are re-doing the series, adding some computer generated scenes... spicing it up a bit, and it's awesome! I think they have a new manga for the series, but I haven't checked it out yet.
lala
Shonen Bat Victim

Postby Tragic_Pineapple » Sat May 09, 2009 7:44 pm

I recommend the following manga:

MW - Thriller, Drama, Mystery, Suspense
Mushishi - Drama
Genshiken - Comedy, Slice of life
Sanctuary - Political Drama
The Push Man and Other Stories
ANIMAZEMENT 2009 PHOTO ALBUM
::::: AZ 2010 Cosplay: Beat (Jet Set Radio Future)
Tragic_Pineapple

Postby Sakamya » Sun May 10, 2009 9:44 pm

D.Gray-Man - Under appreciated and awesome. Without giving away too much, it's about a young boy named Allen Walker who uses innocence (which is an element in this world) to fight akuma (demons) as a part of the Black Order. REALLY GREAT.

Vampire Knight - So wonderful. Really great plot. Basically, it's about vampires and humans.
"Ladies and gentlemen of the Espada, we are under attack. But first, would you like some tea?"
- Aizen Sousuke
Sakamya
Shonen Bat Victim

Postby Writing Otaku » Sun May 10, 2009 10:03 pm

lala wrote:I also suggest Neon Genesis Evangelion.
I think it's a very interesting series, it's got destruction, not your typical angels vs. demons, kid controlled robots, and great animation. They are re-doing the series, adding some computer generated scenes... spicing it up a bit, and it's awesome! I think they have a new manga for the series, but I haven't checked it out yet.

I don't know if you're talking about the "Angelic Days" manga there, but it's one of the best things to come out of NGE, in my opinion.
Shadow Follower, Chaist Cookie Minion, Blue Team: Tex, Terror Squad Taicho
Image Free Hugs! :D
AZ '11 Cosplay - Mint (Threads of Fate) - Nino (Arakawa under the Bridge) - Mayaya (Kuragehime)
Writing Otaku
Insurance Liability

Postby Spectoral Ingenetic » Tue May 12, 2009 9:00 pm

I'm shocked nobody mentioned this manga yet:

Witch Hunter, by Cho Jung-man. (I'm aware it's Manwha, but I didn't see anything mentioning none of those allowed to be posted.)

It's about a magical marksman named Tasha Godspell and his Supporter, Halloween, who are apart of an organization named Witch Hunters, who hunts down witches and executes them. It's a shounen, so guys can rest easy on it. It's fantasy with magical guns, living jack-o-lantern puppets, witches, and a whole lot more.
Spectoral Ingenetic
Faceless Minion of Big Fire

Postby Blitzkrieg » Tue May 12, 2009 11:11 pm

One anime I think everyone should see, yet no one seems to know, is Shingu: Secret of the Stellar Wars. It's set in the near future and is about mankind's unexpected encounters with aliens and giant robots... in theory, anyway. Actually, the show spends way more time on light-hearted, easy going school comedy than any interstellar drama. I like to call it the anti-Evangelion: teenagers and giant robots, yet angst free!
Image Image

For the love of Christ controls us, having concluded this: that one died for all, therefore all died; and he that died for all, so that they who live might no longer live for themselves, but for Him who died and rose again on their behalf. II Corinthians 5:14-15
Blitzkrieg
Black Rose Duelist

Postby wandering-dreamer » Wed May 13, 2009 7:35 pm

Blitzkrieg wrote:One anime I think everyone should see, yet no one seems to know, is Shingu: Secret of the Stellar Wars. It's set in the near future and is about mankind's unexpected encounters with aliens and giant robots... in theory, anyway. Actually, the show spends way more time on light-hearted, easy going school comedy than any interstellar drama. I like to call it the anti-Evangelion: teenagers and giant robots, yet angst free!

I remember that I won the first DVD of this in the Christmas name that anime contest and I really liked it as well. I believe the best way to describe it is "slice of life mecha." Need to get the rest of the series sometime, although the ending music sucked (it was like, elevator music).
wandering-dreamer
Manga Supplier

Postby frogsw/wings » Thu May 14, 2009 9:16 pm

For the crowd that is 18 & up, I suggest the manga Sensual phrase (Kaikan Phrase). There are 18 volumes and has a good story line. The anime is okay but tells a different side to the story.
[color=#FF4000][color=#FF0000]AZ-10

Naruto=Kurenai
KH=Princess Xion
Pokemon=Flareon
Bleach=Soi Fon
D. Grayman=Lenalee ver.3
Rave=Road Kamelot

frogsw/wings
Citizen of Macross City

Postby Bleach101 » Fri May 15, 2009 12:38 am

I concur with frogsw/wings, that is a very good manga. ((Borrowed from her ^_^)).

I also recommend Wild Ones. Very Very good.
2011-
Kairi (Kingdom Hearts- Princess)- 0%
Hinata (Naruto)- 95%
Eevee (Pokemon)- 0%
Mulan (Pre-Con. RAVE)- 0%
Bleach101

Postby abcabcs » Tue May 19, 2009 6:25 pm

I recommend Kuroshitsuji. It's a very awesome series. Even though the opening theme makes it look very shonen-ai-esque, it is actually fairly straight with very few shonen-ai vibes (Well, there's just this one character that flirts with the butler all the time).

It's considered a bit... cultish, might be a good way to describe it. There are magical elements, angels and demons, etc. It's a very good show and manga, though the two don't exactly intertwine.
'10 - Hao Asakura (Shaman King)

'07 - Itachi Uchiha
'08 - Kagome Higurashi
'09 - Dark Link (Twilight Princess)

abcabcs
Citizen of Macross City

Postby Tokaido » Tue May 19, 2009 6:59 pm

Sengoku Basara- It's a new anime and it can be found on youtube or searched on google. It only has about 4 or 5 eps. out but I think it's worth checking out. (It's a little confusing, people have multiple nicknames. Ex. Takeda=Tiger of Kai=Oyami=etc.)
Terror Squad 51st seat-(Super Awesome Manly) Janitor/Member of the House Band at the Maid Cafe.
Miyo's Favorite Statuitory! Image Cosplays For 2010:Urahara Kisuke-100%/Human Hitmonlee-5%
ImageImageImage
Tokaido
Your Silent Alibi

Postby Tragic_Pineapple » Wed May 20, 2009 7:51 pm

Eden of the East (Higashi no Eden) is the highlight of the current season. It's directed by the guy who did GitS: SAC and SnM. So far it's really good. If you like mystery/adventure/drama then you'll love this.

----------------
Now playing: Indoor - The Key
via FoxyTunes
ANIMAZEMENT 2009 PHOTO ALBUM
::::: AZ 2010 Cosplay: Beat (Jet Set Radio Future)
Tragic_Pineapple

yaoi doujin

Postby Baki » Sun May 24, 2009 10:30 pm

yeah its kinda on the more colorful side of the rainbow for me but i got pulled into the storyline. No Bra. hard as hell to find but if you have iphone or ipod touch or blackberries, download manga portal and look it up. the last volume isn't in the states and it was from 2003 so i don't know if the 5th book will be able to be found. but check it out
Baki

Re: yaoi doujin

Postby CharonEX » Mon May 25, 2009 2:43 am

Baki wrote:yeah its kinda on the more colorful side of the rainbow for me but i got pulled into the storyline. No Bra.

I think you can find that on Onemanga, cause I remember my sister showing it too me and saying I should read it (totally shocked me that her of all people would be recommending something like that. I read it though and thought it was cool.)

I'll...have to be recommending D.Gray Man like Sakamya. The manga is awesome, though the only thing I dislike is that the author appears to be sickly and for the third time is currently on hiatus. Though the anime is very amazing, too, and it closely follows the manga.

And...I've only just started watching it, but Code Geass: Lelouch of the Rebellion. That anime is so amazing and is a must-watch for everyone.

(If I tried to describe either of them I'll probably phail horribly so I won't)
CharonEX
Low Ranking MACROSS Member

Postby Father Alexander Anderson » Thu May 28, 2009 11:29 pm

Priest shows the story of a man who lost faith, fought for revenge, and well, I don't know I haven't finished.
You can't fight in here! This is the War Room!
Father Alexander Anderson

So

Postby AllenG919 » Mon Jun 01, 2009 4:39 pm

I dont think anyone has posted this manga

Pretty Face- About a high school boy who gets into a bus accident and is found by a doctor. The doctor can not tell what the boy looks like but does find a picture of a girl in the boys pocket (The girl is the boys secret crush). The doctor then performs plastic surgery on the boy changing him into the girl in the picture. The storyline involves him trying to change back to his normal self while trying to help someone special along the way.

Give this manga a try and if you like it please tell me! I am the only person to my knowledge who likes this manga and I dont want to feel alone!
AllenG919
Shonen Bat Victim

PreviousNext

Return to Anime, Manga and Nippon, Oh My!