• http://www.animazement.org/
  • It is currently Wed Apr 16, 2014 6:18 pm

Sign In

User menu

FAQ
Register
Login
Animazement Fan Forum

What anime are you watching now?

Come in and talk about things relevant to Japan and all it's glorious art forms.

Moderator: BobD

Re: What anime are you watching now?

Postby Tavex » Tue Aug 02, 2011 10:58 pm

kaiser_forsaken wrote:Rewatching Clannad. FYI, Clannad is LIFE.


THIS THIS THIS
Current IDEAS for 2014 AZ:

D.Gray Man: Lavi(?)
Mushishi: Ginko(?)
Final Fantasy 7: Zack Fair(?)

User avatar
Tavex
Pokémon Master
 
Posts: 519
Joined: Tue May 31, 2011 7:42 pm
Location: High Point, North Carolina

Re: What anime are you watching now?

Postby DrGonzo369 » Wed Aug 03, 2011 12:34 am

Marzipan wrote:
oglop_master wrote:I got around to watching Black Rock Shooter... Eh. I didn't really like it. It was pretty disappointing. I feel like people make more of a big deal about it than it's actually worth. :/


It's because everyone thinks it has something to do with Vocaloid when it doesn't. XD I really liked it though. :3


Actually......

[The Music Video] "Black Rock Shooter" features vocals from the Vocaloid singing synthesizer Hatsune Miku.[7]

that's why it's associated with Vocaloid, due to the original music video that DID have something to do with Vocaloid.
Ben: There is nothing sadder, Joe, than a sad Japanese man.
Joe: Boy, I'll say...
Image Seat 30

Image
User avatar
DrGonzo369
The Good Doctor of Otaku-ism
 
Posts: 915
Joined: Tue Apr 04, 2006 3:52 pm
Location: Hampstead, NC

Re: What anime are you watching now?

Postby Vampireskiss » Wed Aug 03, 2011 5:05 am

Shuffle like it so far :3
Because I'm one hell of a butler.
AZ11 Yuki cross vampire knight
AZ12 Ikuto Shugo chara
AZ13 female Neko thursday and sunday
AZ13 L DEATH NOTE friday
AZ13 AppleJack MLP Saturday
AZ14 ???
User avatar
Vampireskiss
Mysterious Sentai Warrior
 
Posts: 395
Joined: Tue Jan 19, 2010 10:32 pm

Re: What anime are you watching now?

Postby Marzipan » Wed Aug 03, 2011 11:49 am

DrGonzo369 wrote: Actually......

[The Music Video] "Black Rock Shooter" features vocals from the Vocaloid singing synthesizer Hatsune Miku.[7]

that's why it's associated with Vocaloid, due to the original music video that DID have something to do with Vocaloid.


That is correct. However neither the ANIME or the game has anything to do with Vocaloid. The fact that the music video does is irrelevant, in my opinion. I get annoyed when BRS gets lumped in the Vocaloid fandom because of one music video. Sorry, that's how I roll. :3
Join the very much UNofficial Animazement FB group!<3

Image
User avatar
Marzipan
Photoshoot Coordinator
Photoshoot Coordinator
 
Posts: 691
Joined: Sun Feb 17, 2008 3:50 pm
Location: NC

Re: What anime are you watching now?

Postby Tavex » Wed Aug 03, 2011 3:39 pm

Vampireskiss wrote:Shuffle like it so far :3


You should continue to like it :)
Current IDEAS for 2014 AZ:

D.Gray Man: Lavi(?)
Mushishi: Ginko(?)
Final Fantasy 7: Zack Fair(?)

User avatar
Tavex
Pokémon Master
 
Posts: 519
Joined: Tue May 31, 2011 7:42 pm
Location: High Point, North Carolina

Re: What anime are you watching now?

Postby whiterabbit <3 » Thu Aug 04, 2011 7:10 pm

Chobits ^__^
Amber Sweet: One more hit for the show! Make it fast!
Grave-Robber: Take it slow!
Amber Sweet: One more hit of the glow!
Grave-Robber: Got get cut!
Amber Sweet: For tonight's show - !


ANIMAZEMENT 2012 COSPLAY!!! :D

**MAYBE - Rave furry (looking into it) [most likely wolf]- 0%

**Road Kamelot- 10% Image
User avatar
whiterabbit <3
Faceless Minion of Big Fire
 
Posts: 27
Joined: Wed Aug 11, 2010 2:41 pm
Location: In your mind

Re: What anime are you watching now?

Postby DrGonzo369 » Thu Aug 04, 2011 9:57 pm

Marzipan wrote:
DrGonzo369 wrote: Actually......

[The Music Video] "Black Rock Shooter" features vocals from the Vocaloid singing synthesizer Hatsune Miku.[7]

that's why it's associated with Vocaloid, due to the original music video that DID have something to do with Vocaloid.


That is correct. However neither the ANIME or the game has anything to do with Vocaloid. The fact that the music video does is irrelevant, in my opinion. I get annoyed when BRS gets lumped in the Vocaloid fandom because of one music video. Sorry, that's how I roll. :3


It's all about origins. Pretty Girl Sasami started off from Tenchi Muyo, so it's associated with that. BRS started off from a Vocaloid video, thus it is associated with Vocaloid, which without Vocaloid, it would have never gotten as popular as it was to get an OVA and Vidya Game.
Ben: There is nothing sadder, Joe, than a sad Japanese man.
Joe: Boy, I'll say...
Image Seat 30

Image
User avatar
DrGonzo369
The Good Doctor of Otaku-ism
 
Posts: 915
Joined: Tue Apr 04, 2006 3:52 pm
Location: Hampstead, NC

Re: What anime are you watching now?

Postby Marzipan » Fri Aug 05, 2011 8:28 pm

It's hardly the same to compare it to Sasami when there is SO much Tenchi Muyo anime out there. That's an anime related to anime, not a music video related to an anime. And to say it "never would've been popular" is pure opinion, not fact. I see your point, and I hope you can see mine. We shall just agree to disagree for now and move on. 8)
Join the very much UNofficial Animazement FB group!<3

Image
User avatar
Marzipan
Photoshoot Coordinator
Photoshoot Coordinator
 
Posts: 691
Joined: Sun Feb 17, 2008 3:50 pm
Location: NC

Re: What anime are you watching now?

Postby RoxxiPuu » Sat Aug 06, 2011 5:10 pm

well I started watching Ao No Exorcist, since I started reading the manga like a year and a half ago and I really liked it. Also I've fallen in love with Sekaiichi Hatsukoi,but other then those two I've been in the slumps for finding something to watch...
Cosplays 2013
I haven't decided yet... D:
User avatar
RoxxiPuu
S.O.S. Brigade Initiate
 
Posts: 172
Joined: Mon Nov 22, 2010 10:43 am

Re: What anime are you watching now?

Postby Tavex » Sat Aug 06, 2011 11:51 pm

Just started watching Golgo 13
Loving it so far
Current IDEAS for 2014 AZ:

D.Gray Man: Lavi(?)
Mushishi: Ginko(?)
Final Fantasy 7: Zack Fair(?)

User avatar
Tavex
Pokémon Master
 
Posts: 519
Joined: Tue May 31, 2011 7:42 pm
Location: High Point, North Carolina

Re: What anime are you watching now?

Postby oglop_master » Sun Aug 07, 2011 12:38 am

RoxxiPuu wrote:well I started watching Ao No Exorcist, since I started reading the manga like a year and a half ago and I really liked it. Also I've fallen in love with Sekaiichi Hatsukoi,but other then those two I've been in the slumps for finding something to watch...


Ao no Ex, yeeeees. <3 It's pretty cliched, but it somehow manages to be really good. It's a strange little thing. It pulls you in a lot.
Having trouble styling your wig for your next cosplay? Well, you're in luck! Head on over to Erin's Wigs and check it out!
http://erinswigs.tumblr.com/
User avatar
oglop_master
The Almighty Banana Overlord
 
Posts: 1095
Joined: Mon Jan 25, 2010 9:15 pm
Location: tumblr

Re: What anime are you watching now?

Postby DrGonzo369 » Sun Aug 07, 2011 8:09 am

Since I got it in the mail yesterday, I think I might start my rewatch of Irresponsible Captain Tylor. I last watched it between released VHS tapes and fansubbed VHS tapes. Still an underrated classic, imo.
Ben: There is nothing sadder, Joe, than a sad Japanese man.
Joe: Boy, I'll say...
Image Seat 30

Image
User avatar
DrGonzo369
The Good Doctor of Otaku-ism
 
Posts: 915
Joined: Tue Apr 04, 2006 3:52 pm
Location: Hampstead, NC

Re: What anime are you watching now?

Postby oglop_master » Sun Aug 07, 2011 12:08 pm

Starting No.6, to see what it's about. From the first episode I'm hooked. Though... I really don't need another series that's running now. ;A; I WANT TO FINISH SOMETHING.
Having trouble styling your wig for your next cosplay? Well, you're in luck! Head on over to Erin's Wigs and check it out!
http://erinswigs.tumblr.com/
User avatar
oglop_master
The Almighty Banana Overlord
 
Posts: 1095
Joined: Mon Jan 25, 2010 9:15 pm
Location: tumblr

Re: What anime are you watching now?

Postby Blitzkrieg » Sun Aug 07, 2011 8:34 pm

I finally got around to watching Cyber City Oedo 808 last night, despite by owning the DVD for over a year.
Image Image

For the love of Christ controls us, having concluded this: that one died for all, therefore all died; and he that died for all, so that they who live might no longer live for themselves, but for Him who died and rose again on their behalf. II Corinthians 5:14-15
User avatar
Blitzkrieg
Black Rose Duelist
 
Posts: 260
Joined: Sun Mar 12, 2006 2:20 pm
Location: Wake Forest

Re: What anime are you watching now?

Postby whiterabbit <3 » Wed Aug 10, 2011 3:46 pm

Spice and Wolf
Amber Sweet: One more hit for the show! Make it fast!
Grave-Robber: Take it slow!
Amber Sweet: One more hit of the glow!
Grave-Robber: Got get cut!
Amber Sweet: For tonight's show - !


ANIMAZEMENT 2012 COSPLAY!!! :D

**MAYBE - Rave furry (looking into it) [most likely wolf]- 0%

**Road Kamelot- 10% Image
User avatar
whiterabbit <3
Faceless Minion of Big Fire
 
Posts: 27
Joined: Wed Aug 11, 2010 2:41 pm
Location: In your mind

Re: What anime are you watching now?

Postby BobD » Thu Aug 11, 2011 11:11 am

Thank goodness. The frog is back. Watching Sgt. Frog Season 3 Part 1. Thank you Funi.
Image
That is so my life right now.
User avatar
BobD
Old Geezer
 
Posts: 850
Joined: Mon Jul 11, 2005 10:51 am
Location: South Carolina

Re: What anime are you watching now?

Postby Macross-Junkie » Thu Aug 11, 2011 11:15 am

BobD wrote:Thank goodness. The frog is back. Watching Sgt. Frog Season 3 Part 1. Thank you Funi.


Just ordered that the other day. It should be in the mail sometime this weekend. Can't Wait!!!
"Which side are we on? We're on the side of the demons, Chief. We are evil men in the gardens of paradise, sent by the forces of death to spread devastation and destruction where ever we go. I'm surprised you didn't know that."
- Col. Tigh / Battlestar Galactica
User avatar
Macross-Junkie
Starfleet Captain
 
Posts: 596
Joined: Mon May 29, 2006 10:47 pm
Location: Fayetteville, NC

Re: What anime are you watching now?

Postby Vampireskiss » Thu Aug 11, 2011 5:07 pm

Suzuka it's really cute and i also finished Shuffle and loved it :3
Because I'm one hell of a butler.
AZ11 Yuki cross vampire knight
AZ12 Ikuto Shugo chara
AZ13 female Neko thursday and sunday
AZ13 L DEATH NOTE friday
AZ13 AppleJack MLP Saturday
AZ14 ???
User avatar
Vampireskiss
Mysterious Sentai Warrior
 
Posts: 395
Joined: Tue Jan 19, 2010 10:32 pm

Re: What anime are you watching now?

Postby MissCookie » Fri Aug 12, 2011 11:37 am

Finally succumbing under peer pressure and jumping on the Ao No Exorcist bandwagon.

Wish me luck...

EDIT: After watching the first few episodes. Is it bad that I immediately ship Mephisto/Rin? *feels ashamed*
AZ '13 Cosplays:

Timmy Turner - Fairly Odd Parents
A6I4!Jane Crocker - Homestuck
Kururi Orihara - Durarara!!
Adult!Ib - Ib

http://xin-my-darkest-hourx.deviantart.com/
http://queencookieboo.tumblr.com/
User avatar
MissCookie
Low Ranking MACROSS Member
 
Posts: 59
Joined: Mon Mar 21, 2011 6:07 pm
Location: Wilson, NC

Re: What anime are you watching now?

Postby Macross-Junkie » Fri Aug 12, 2011 9:15 pm

Picked up the old "Samurai Shodown" anime at Ed McKays for $5 today. I think I'm going to sit down and watch that tonight. It seems like the type of movie that takes very little thought to understand and enjoy, and I need that today...
"Which side are we on? We're on the side of the demons, Chief. We are evil men in the gardens of paradise, sent by the forces of death to spread devastation and destruction where ever we go. I'm surprised you didn't know that."
- Col. Tigh / Battlestar Galactica
User avatar
Macross-Junkie
Starfleet Captain
 
Posts: 596
Joined: Mon May 29, 2006 10:47 pm
Location: Fayetteville, NC

PreviousNext

Return to Anime, Manga and Nippon, Oh My!

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest

 

Who is online

In total there is 1 user online :: 0 registered, 0 hidden and 1 guest (based on users active over the past 5 minutes)
Most users ever online was 122 on Mon Aug 13, 2007 12:19 am

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest