• It is currently Sat Apr 19, 2014 8:16 am

Sign In

User menu

FAQ
Register
Login
Animazement Fan Forum

Welcome! Introduce yourself here.

Talk about your Animazement plans, and count down the days to Memorial Day weekend with us.

Moderator: Macross-Junkie

Welcome! Introduce yourself here.

Postby Nuri » Sun Nov 20, 2005 8:06 pm

Welcome to the AZ forum. If you don't know where to start, introduce yourself here!
Nuri
Shonen Bat Victim

Lucky thirteen

Postby majors » Tue Nov 22, 2005 3:38 pm

Woot, 13th reg'd user!

Any video game room comments or questions, send them my way or post in the forum.
Majors -=- Wedoca '12
majors
Mahou Otaku Pretty Fanservice

Postby kenshi » Thu Dec 01, 2005 2:04 pm

Umm...ok. My name is Mike and I have organized the kendo demonstration at Animazement for the past 4 or 5 years. I am presently a nidan (2nd degree black belt) in kendo and we have already scheduled ourselves to be at Animazement 2006. I have been to every Animazement since the first one. If any of you want more info on kendo go to our website at http://www.trianglekendoiaido.org

See you at the con!

~mike
kenshi
Shonen Bat Victim

Postby Nuri » Thu Dec 01, 2005 6:34 pm

Hey Mike! We really appreciate the demos. :D Look forward to seeing you this year as well.
Nuri
Shonen Bat Victim

Postby Lulu » Thu Dec 01, 2005 7:24 pm

hey! last years con was my first ever :oops: but i have gone to another one since that^^ I love Anime but mostly manga^^ umm, ill be 21 in january and i cant wait to go to my next con. I am an Art major at Brevard college, in my sophmore year. is that it? anyway, thats it for now. later <3
Lulu
Shonen Bat Victim

Postby Shin Vok » Sun Dec 04, 2005 6:19 pm

Hey! This will hopefully be my first year there! Last time, my group fell apart. So I'm going to go solo this year. I love manga and anime, so I'm pretty excited about this.
Shin Vok
Shonen Bat Victim

Hiya!

Postby aku_neko » Sun Dec 25, 2005 11:52 pm

Hi! My name is Leanne, that last year was my third year going to AZ! I volunteered a lot last year, and I can't wait to go back this year to meet some more great people! 8)
aku_neko
Shonen Bat Victim

attention, attention, you are reading the post of a N00B!!!

Postby Kitten N. Lemonade » Wed Jan 04, 2006 9:02 pm

yes indeedy, 06 will be my first animazement experiance, but im going w/several returnees and one other n00b (mwahahahahaha!) im so excited about it, cus it will also be my first Artist's alley experiance, so wish me luck.

you may call me Miss Lemonade, i live way out in the North Carolina boondocks, and i would love you if you went to kitten-lemonade.deviantart.com/gallery and looked at my pics. if there's one in perticular that you really like to own, post a reply, and i'll bring it to AZ for ya!!

Huggles all around,
Miss Lemonade
Kitten N. Lemonade

Postby Greatsg » Mon Jan 23, 2006 2:34 am

Hello everyone, SG here, but most of you at Animazement last year 'The MST3K Dude'
Returning for my fifth year of Animazement fun (has it really been this long already?) and hopefully my panel will return as well. After much deliberation on the matter and almost wanting to not even go through with it, I regained my cool and sent in my e-mail a few nights ago (hopefully it's not too late!) So yeah, do look out for that, my crew and I have some great ideas lined up for the panel this year.
Asides from that, i'm heading up another panel as well, but for now we're gonna keep that one under wraps until we know for sure that it's been approve, and we sure hope it does! :)
Thanks, and see you all there!
"THE INTERNET HAS LEFT ME IN DESPAIR!"
Greatsg
Low Ranking MACROSS Member

All these new ppl

Postby majors » Wed Jan 25, 2006 8:47 am

With the posts from 1st time attendees, I think it will be a full con. When will AZ move to a bigger hotel you think? Will it loose that cozy feeling that most cons (Otakon, AX) have lost a long time ago?
Majors -=- Wedoca '12
majors

Postby kenshi » Wed Jan 25, 2006 10:29 am

Lol.. well if you mean by cozy 'crammed into a small space and can't get through the hallways' then perhaps a lot of people wouldn't mind moving to a less cozy spot. When Animazement first started (and was in Raleigh) it was a breeze getting to different rooms and having smallish line ups for cosplay and autograph sessions etc... then they got bigger and moved to the Sheraton in RTP. But now the halls are so clogged with people and the dealers room is so packed that it isn't as enjoyable for a lot of folks. I don't know where they can go or anything, obviously I wouldn't want them to move out of the Research Triangle Park area, but if there was a facility that can handle traffic flow and have bigger rooms to meet in it would actually be better I think.
kenshi
Shonen Bat Victim

Too big?

Postby majors » Thu Jan 26, 2006 11:17 pm

kenshi wrote: then they got bigger and moved to the Sheraton in RTP. But now the halls are so clogged with people and the dealers room is so packed that it isn't as enjoyable for a lot of folks.

It's just that good, we couldn't keep it a secret! But when you compare it to AX, Ota, Gem and Dragon...-I just get lost at them big'ens. Of course being in charge of a room full of video games is nice also. The AZ folks always get our group what they need, unlike other cons in the past we have been invited to do game rooms at, AZ does not forget about us. You think it's easy hauling arround cabinets and all those DC's/PS2/GC?

I look forward to a new location, for the simple fact you had stated- SPACE! More square feet of space for games that is!
Majors -=- Wedoca '12
majors

Postby kenshi » Fri Jan 27, 2006 9:29 am

Majors.. I agree that Animazement is my fav of all the anime cons I have been to. The staff always seems to get a number of really good Japanese guests lined up and they have a wider variety of panels/forums than a lot of the cons do. They don't always have as good a dealers room as some, but they usually do a decent job. One thing I really like is the art auction as well. But I do wish they had a little bigger con site as the Sheraton is getting pretty crowded in the past couple years. Despite that, ANMZ is still my fav con. ;)
kenshi
Shonen Bat Victim

Postby Lazy McShadraPants » Fri Jan 27, 2006 3:48 pm

This will be my.. uh... 7th Animazement (wow) this year. It was my first con, continues to be enjoyable, but new facilities may be in order. Then again, attendance may not be quite as high this year because of the numerous other cons falling on the same weekend. d'oh.
Lazy McShadraPants

Yep

Postby majors » Sat Jan 28, 2006 3:21 pm

Yeah, I was talking to a game seller at Magfest, who hits all the cons, and he told me that he was gonna be a the Boston con on the Memorial day weekend. Too bad, he had some nice SNES/SFam carts as well as PC Engine games.
Majors -=- Wedoca '12
majors

Postby ZeroSlashX5 » Wed Feb 01, 2006 11:23 pm

Hi there. This years con will be my third in a row and I'm looking forward to it. Last year was a great amount of fun, getting various figures such as SMT, FMA, and Tenjo Tenge. I'm more of a video game otaku/all around otaku so if you know about SMT, Disgaea, Nippon Ichi, Atlus, etc. we'll be best friends. What I'm looking forward to most is meeting some of my friends I met there last year and hear my wallet scream in pain as I spend obscene amounts of money in the dealers room.
ZeroSlashX5
Shonen Bat Victim

Postby Naruto2cool4u » Wed Feb 08, 2006 1:07 pm

Hey this is my first time at an anime convention ever! I'm going as someone simple. Kakashi from Naruto. I'm 15 years old in High School. I don't know if I should inlist into cosplay, I kinda have stage fears. Hope to see you there in like around 108 days!
Naruto2cool4u
Shonen Bat Victim

Postby Inuyasha_Man » Thu Feb 09, 2006 4:17 am

Yo hello fellow Animazement goers. I'm Inuyasha_man. This will be my 6th anime con and my 3rd Animazement. If any of you recognize me name you should, I'm also a part of the Necocon forums.

Anyway I'm a HUGE Fan of Love Hina and will be going as Keitaro. If any gals out there would like to join me as some of the Love Hina Gals i welcome the company, just realize that SHINOBU IS A MUST! All other characters are optional after that. :P

Anyway i hope this year's Animazement will be better than any other! Also i might be going as a reporter for an online radio station called Keiichi.net EX2 Extreme Anime Radio.

http://radio.keiichi.net/index2.php if you want to visit the site.

I hope see many of you there! :D
Somethings in this world just make me wanna punch a Naruto fan.....
Inuyasha_Man
Shonen Bat Victim

Postby Kitn Lmnade » Wed Feb 22, 2006 10:46 pm

I was dancing at my mailbox today!!!!!!!! Know why??? I got's me mah official ticket thingymajig for ANIMAZEMENT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOHOOOOOO, and my table's reserved too, happy day!!!!!!
Kitn Lmnade

Postby Beloved » Fri Feb 24, 2006 9:18 pm

All right, hello everyone. This is going to be our first AZ con this year for my myself and my friends, and we've heard that this is going to be one hell of a weekend! I've heard nothing but good reviews about the hosting hotel and the Animazement staff and organization so this is a very revered convention we're hoping to get. We can't wait, Katsucon was a huge blowoff, so we need to pick it back up.

Hoping to see everyone there.
Beloved
Shonen Bat Victim

Next

Return to Convention Discussion