• It is currently Sun Apr 20, 2014 6:51 am

Sign In

User menu

FAQ
Register
Login
Animazement Fan Forum

The "Would You Buy My Swag?" Thread AZ 2010

Gifted with artistic ability or just wanting to collect some great works of art? This is the section for you!

Moderator: BobGuy

The "Would You Buy My Swag?" Thread AZ 2010

Postby alarnia » Fri Jun 19, 2009 11:47 pm

Edit:

nvm
Last edited by alarnia on Tue Jun 01, 2010 3:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
  • Cosplays:
  • Yayoi (loveless): 100%(closet cosplay)
  • Rip Van Winkle (Hellsing): 15%
  • Ryuukou (Monochrome factor): 100%
  • Bunny!Claude Faustus (Kuroshitsuji II): 100%
alarnia
Low Ranking MACROSS Member

Postby Solar » Sat Jun 20, 2009 12:07 am

http://solarknight.deviantart.com/art/T ... -126547661

Consider this a prototype for my main product of choice for next year's art tables~! Custom bookmarks kick all kinds of ass, and thankfully I won't have to worry -too- much about the cost of mass-producing them thanks being able to copy and laminate them from home.

So what, like $2-3? People are more inclined to purchase fanart from what I'd noticed, so original bookmarks... just $1?

These are early estimates that I hope won't change. $10 for something like that is rediculous.
Solar
Faceless Minion of Big Fire

Postby iceprincess3469 » Mon Jun 22, 2009 12:47 pm

A friend and I are thinking about getting a table in Artist's Alley this year. As first timers on the Alley, I wanted to get some feedback about what craftwork would do the best.

My specialty is cross-stitch. I can make hand towels, coasters, wall hangings, small tote bags, and various similar items. I can turn photograph into cross-stitch - but obviously I can't do that with copywritten media.

If I did landscapes, would anyone buy them? I was also considering taking comissions of people wanting their cosplay images given a little more flair.
iceprincess3469
Shonen Bat Victim

Postby kawaii-ness » Mon Jun 22, 2009 6:03 pm

I would love to see some cross stitching in the Artist Alley. Do you have any pictures of your work? I would love to see it!
Find out just what any people while quietly submit to and you have the exact measure of injustice and wrong which will be imposed on them. -Frederick Douglas

In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act. -George Orwell
kawaii-ness
Cuterest Shinigami Captain

Postby iceprincess3469 » Mon Jun 22, 2009 9:49 pm

I do not at this time have much in the way of samples, as I did want to get an idea of whether or not anyone would be interested before I began stitching in earnest. This, however, should serve well enough for now, and now that I know there is some interest, I'll get right to work producing something that better showcases my ability. I do apologize for the poor picture quality, as this was taken a couple of years ago

What specific items and pictures do you guys want to see?
iceprincess3469
Shonen Bat Victim

Postby Gothic Panda » Thu Jun 25, 2009 4:08 pm

I think cross-stitches could do decently. I had a handful of FF I themed ones in the art auction that did better than I expected them to, so I guess you can take that as proof that someone at AZ will buy them. I'm planning on doing another set for AZ '10--again for the auction; I don't have time to really put enough of them together to have that stuff on my table.
Gothic Panda
Citizen of Macross City

Postby IheartCereal » Wed Jul 01, 2009 11:13 pm

So, Me and my stepsis wanted to set get our first table, we'v had alot of ideas, u know the usual, laminated art, bookmarks, ect. But i was wondering if people would want to see themselves drawn onto a t-shirt, anime style, chibi or non.(my stepsis does great chibi.)
Me and her are also HUGE pokemon fanatics, lmao. so we will prolly have junk loads of pokemon stuff. (we are actually hoping to cosplay as pokemon in 2010) ^.^
some one i talked to mentioned there might be different rules on t-shirts though? idk, i don't really know much about the rules for the artist alley.
So, would you buy a t-shirt with you on it? :3
IheartCereal
Citizen of Macross City

Postby aderyn » Wed Jul 01, 2009 11:50 pm

So, I was thinking of making and selling Companion Cube key chains. Here's my prototype. Would you be interested in buying? And if so, how much? I was thinking between $4-$6. Not quite sure just yet.

Squad 14: Fukutaicho *I'm a GIRL!!!!*
Freelancer Washington aka Recovery One
aderyn
<OM NOM NOM>

Postby pancake-fong » Thu Jul 02, 2009 12:43 am

@Iheartcereal:

I would totally buy a shirt with myself on it...(mostly because I'm a vain person :P...but I think it'd be fun to buy one and wear it.)

@aderyn:

YES! COMPANION CUBE I'LL NEVER LEAVE YOU AGAIN!!! Ahem...I think pricing would be dependent on the size.
AZ '14 Plans: Emma Swan from Once Upon a Time
Me: Go team :rainbow: GOOOOOOO!!!!!
Little Brother: What? Team Rambo??
pancake-fong
Yuri-Pancake-Empress

Postby aderyn » Thu Jul 02, 2009 10:43 am

pancake-fong wrote:
@aderyn:

YES! COMPANION CUBE I'LL NEVER LEAVE YOU AGAIN!!! Ahem...I think pricing would be dependent on the size.

XD They are 1 inch by 1 inch by 1 inch, roughly. I wasn't planning to go any larger or smaller with the size. I tried smaller and it was harder to pain, and I don't wnat to waste materials screwing around with larger cubes. :3 I'm very glad that you like it though. :3
aderyn
<OM NOM NOM>

Postby kawaii-ness » Thu Jul 02, 2009 3:05 pm

Pancake-fong said it best for both inquires. I think shirts would sell well. Just make sure they abide by the AA rules (not massed produced).

Companion cube key chain is cute. :3
Find out just what any people while quietly submit to and you have the exact measure of injustice and wrong which will be imposed on them. -Frederick Douglas

In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act. -George Orwell
kawaii-ness

Postby animexCrazedxFan » Thu Jul 02, 2009 3:13 pm

I would buy the keychain, Okami, for $2 xD;

But Im cheap, so who knows. Or you can give your wife special pricing<3
Terror squad: Seat 3 Blue team: Caboose
animexCrazedxFan
Cutest Card Capturer
Cutest Card Capturer

Location: When I am King, you will be the first against the wall.

Postby Black Lace » Thu Jul 02, 2009 3:13 pm

How exactly do you define mass produced?
Black Lace
Newest Host in Ouran High School

Postby animexCrazedxFan » Thu Jul 02, 2009 3:16 pm

Ido believe they put a limit on 30 of the same items. So that if you go to a printer and get 30 of the same shirts made, you aren't mass producing and making so many that would qualify you t be dealer.

So if you need more items of each thing than that, you may want to get a Dealers room table. I do remember seeing Strawberry Comics[?] in the dealers room this past year when the new rule was passed of 30 items even though in '08, she had been in artist alley.
animexCrazedxFan
Cutest Card Capturer
Cutest Card Capturer

Postby aderyn » Thu Jul 02, 2009 4:47 pm

So, if I did 30 keychains and 30 phone straps of companion cube goodness, that wouldn't be mass producing, would it?
aderyn
<OM NOM NOM>

Postby PuppetQueen » Thu Jul 02, 2009 4:49 pm

aderyn wrote:So, I was thinking of making and selling Companion Cube key chains. Here's my prototype. Would you be interested in buying? And if so, how much? I was thinking between $4-$6. Not quite sure just yet.

http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b139/ ... 000/CC.jpg

I would definitely buy some. I have guy friends who love portal and I never know what to get them.

It's the perfect gift <3
Fan Forum Panel Host ||Terror Squad 36th Seat~
Cubone (Pokemon) | Fem!Loki (Avengers) | Zatsune Miku (Matryoshka) | Kirlia (Pokemon)
PuppetQueen
Local Polygamist

Postby animexCrazedxFan » Thu Jul 02, 2009 4:59 pm

aderyn wrote:So, if I did 30 keychains and 30 phone straps of companion cube goodness, that wouldn't be mass producing, would it?

thenI think you'd be okay. but lets wait for a mod to answer, so it can be an official answer.
animexCrazedxFan
Cutest Card Capturer
Cutest Card Capturer

Postby wandering-dreamer » Thu Jul 02, 2009 6:00 pm

I have a friend who might buy one, I'd love to see what other little keychains you could make!
wandering-dreamer
Manga Supplier

Postby kawaii-ness » Fri Jul 03, 2009 8:38 pm

Anyone who has Artist Alley questions needs to email artistalley@animazement.org

I can't answer your questions because I work in the dealers room. :)

kawaii-ness

Postby TigerCatzen » Sat Jul 04, 2009 5:57 pm

I'll be sharing a table with iceprincess3469 (who's doing cross stitch) and I guess I might as well see if anyone would be interested in my half of the goods.

I do leatherwork, and as soon as I finish, I'll post a picture of the prop she's using - a messenger bag. I can also do gloves and gauntlets, and plan on having several sets pre-made for the Alley. Was also planning on having belts, keychains, and other replica items (Haruhi's messenger bag from the first Ouran episode, for one).

If anyone would be interested, let me know - or if you have any specific items you'd like to see.
"I just want... to disappear... But I don't want to be alone... All of you, run away! Quickly, before it's too late! I just... don't want to think anymore..."
TigerCatzen
Low Ranking MACROSS Member

Next

Return to Artist Alley