• http://www.animazement.org/
  • It is currently Fri Apr 18, 2014 7:03 am

Sign In

User menu

FAQ
Register
Login
Animazement Fan Forum

Karaoke Box (It's back! Check Bob's latest post!)

All those big time events of the convention from Dances to Music Videos, from Cosplay to Karaoke, we'll talk about them here.

Moderator: Kaji

Karaoke Box (It's back! Check Bob's latest post!)

Postby asnaylor » Fri May 07, 2010 3:03 am

Hi folks,

I wanted to let all of you know about a project I've been quietly working on since the last convention--the Animazement Karaoke Box (beta)!

So, what is it? Just a small room where folks can come in anytime during the con to relax, sing, and cheer on your friends. We'll have a system pre-loaded with a few hundred of the most popular songs from anime, J-pop, video games, etc., and the timed lyrics will be projected on a screen for you. (Japanese lyrics will be presented in phonetic Romaji--so you don't have to read Japanese to play!) Whenever possible, we will have *both* the instrumental/karaoke as well as the original (with vocals) version of a song for you to choose from.

How does it work? Show up, look over the song list, tell the attendant what you want to sing, and when your song comes up, you grab the mic and sing! There are no time limits on the songs, and no restrictions on repeats. As long as we have the song in our system, you can sing it.

So what songs do we have? Check out our song list here:

http://www.animazement.org/SMMSongList.html

We can't accept your music on-site for this, but if we don't have your favorite song, you can request it for next year. If you're absolutely desperate for something, you can ask me and I'll see about getting it into the lineup for this year--but no promises!

The Karaoke Box (beta) is not affiliated with the Karaoke Contest--that will go on as always, thanks to our buddy Kaji. (Thanks, Kaji!! ^_^) It's just meant to be a fun activity, where folks can sing anytime and appreciate all the good music that's from all the things we love.

I'm calling it the Karaoke Box (beta) since it's new to Animazement, we're using some free software to make it happen, and there might be some bugs and kinks to work out. So we want everyone to stop by, try it out, but please be understanding if some problems arise. If you want to see a demo video of the software we're using, check it out here:

Want to volunteer to help run this room? Visit our Volunteer page to learn about becoming a volunteer:

http://www.animazement.org/volunteer

Or, go visit our Volunteer Coordinator (and moderator extraordinaire) BobD, at Con Ops at the con. ^_^

Want to learn how to use this software and time your own songs? Learn about the Soramimi Karaoke project at their website:

http://www.soramimi.nl/

If you want to time songs and contribute them for use at Animazement, please PM me!

Any general questions, song requests, etc., you can reply here, since that might be helpful for others.

I've worked really hard to put this together, and I hope that the Karaoke Box (beta) will be lots of fun! :D
All-Purpose Cultural Geek Girl
asnaylor
Code Monkey

Re: Announcing the Karaoke Box (beta)!

Postby IsiInoForever » Tue May 11, 2010 2:52 pm

It looks amazing! I think the beta box is going to be a great hit! Not to mention the large list of songs you can sing!! Nice work!!! I know I'll definalty give it a try coming the AZ weekend! And I know the extact song I would love to sing!! :wink:
Az 2014 Cosplay:
Jynx/Pokemon : 10 %
TenderHeart/Care Bear : 100% done
Melophme (one of the Muses)/Disney's Hercules : 10%
IsiInoForever
Skilled Valkyrie Pilot

Postby Katharine » Tue May 11, 2010 4:43 pm

WOW - that is incredible!
And my favorite obscure group too!
Just fantastic, thank you.
Katharine
Katharine
Low Ranking MACROSS Member

Postby Bishie » Tue May 11, 2010 4:51 pm

Bishie seal of approval... GRANTED!
"I have a cloooooooothing stoooooooore in my nooooooooose."- Jurak from Dark Cloud 2

AZ 2011 (11th year @_@)
Yoh from Shaman King, Hilde from Gundam Wing, Washuu from Tenchi Muyo, Celes from FF6, and a secret one...

Be sure to Like Cosplay Random on facebook! :-D
Bishie
Faceless Minion of Big Fire

Postby asnaylor » Tue May 11, 2010 5:13 pm

Yay!! I'm so glad you like the idea! >_< I was starting to think I'd done all this work for nothing..! ^_^'

If you want to reply with the songs you'd like to sing, I'll personally check them to make sure they're timed correctly and ready to go! Some songs on the list are in the system but aren't timed yet, and I've found that some songs I didn't time myself are a little off. :oops:

Most of them are good, though, and I'm doing my best to QC as many of them before the con as I can!

Thanks again for the support! :D
asnaylor
Code Monkey

Postby IsiInoForever » Tue May 11, 2010 8:10 pm

Acutally now that you ask about a song request..., I was wondering if you could add Banzai by Misa. The song is not from anime or game but its really upbeat and fun.
Az 2014 Cosplay:
IsiInoForever
Skilled Valkyrie Pilot

Postby BobD » Tue May 11, 2010 10:42 pm

Yes, I am heartbroken that I did not see "Fly Me To The Moon" from Evangelion. ;_;
That is so my life right now.
BobD
Old Geezer

Postby bdperkin » Tue May 11, 2010 10:58 pm

BobD wrote:Yes, I am heartbroken that I did not see "Fly Me To The Moon" from Evangelion. ;_;

Actually, it is there:

Neon Genesis Evangelion Neon Genesis Evangelion - Fly Me To The Moon (vocal) Claire Neon Genesis Evangelion

:music:
bdperkin
Code Monkey

Postby asnaylor » Tue May 11, 2010 11:07 pm

IsiInoForever wrote:Acutally now that you ask about a song request..., I was wondering if you could add Banzai by Misa. The song is not from anime or game but its really upbeat and fun.

You got it!! ^_^ "Banzai" is one of my favorite Dancemania tunes, and I already have the music (the vocal track). I'll be happy to time it for you and add it to the system. If you have a karaoke/backing track for it, feel free to PM me!
asnaylor
Code Monkey

Postby asnaylor » Tue May 11, 2010 11:11 pm

BobD wrote:Yes, I am heartbroken that I did not see "Fly Me To The Moon" from Evangelion. ;_;

Oh, we've got it! ^_^ Heck, I *could* even add the updated-for-2009 version:

But please, please don't ask me to. >_<
asnaylor
Code Monkey

Postby IsiInoForever » Tue May 11, 2010 11:50 pm

asnaylor wrote:
IsiInoForever wrote:Acutally now that you ask about a song request..., I was wondering if you could add Banzai by Misa. The song is not from anime or game but its really upbeat and fun.

You got it!! ^_^ "Banzai" is one of my favorite Dancemania tunes, and I already have the music (the vocal track). I'll be happy to time it for you and add it to the system. If you have a karaoke/backing track for it, feel free to PM me!

Aww Thanks soo much! And I happy that you heared of the song! Im glad that the song is a little popular!! Unfountaly I don't have the karaoke backing/track for Banzai. However, I will keep a look out for it. ^^
Az 2014 Cosplay:
IsiInoForever
Skilled Valkyrie Pilot

Postby BobD » Wed May 12, 2010 10:24 am

bdperkin wrote:

Actually, it is there:

Neon Genesis Evangelion Neon Genesis Evangelion - Fly Me To The Moon (vocal) Claire Neon Genesis Evangelion

:music:

Sweet! Now all I have to do is rent my tuxedo. :o
That is so my life right now.
BobD
Old Geezer

Postby Kaji » Wed May 12, 2010 10:39 am

Pure class.
Follow your grape to righteousness.
Kaji
Jesus 3.0

Postby Phil » Wed May 12, 2010 10:42 am

BobD wrote:Sweet! Now all I have to do is rent my tuxedo. :o

No need to rent, Bob. When you get into town we can swing by the Formal Wear Outlet in Hillsborough and buy a used tux for the cost of renting one. That's where I got a white tux with tails years ago for, oh, $70. So, I'm sure they'll have something in a nice pastel velour waiting for you. Then it'll be all Fly Me To The Moon all the time.

Phil, ready to rock "Cautionary Warning" from Kachou Ouji
I'm not sure what's going on here, but have you watched any of these Japaheeno guns-and-hooters cartoon movies?
Phil
An Elder God...

Postby asnaylor » Wed May 12, 2010 2:55 pm

IsiInoForever wrote:Aww Thanks soo much! And I happy that you heared of the song! Im glad that the song is a little popular!! Unfountaly I don't have the karaoke backing/track for Banzai. However, I will keep a look out for it. ^^

You're welcome! I've timed "Banzai" for you and added it to the system. I was able to track down a karaoke version, so now you can have your choice of singing with Misa or not! ^_^
asnaylor
Code Monkey

Postby asnaylor » Wed May 12, 2010 2:58 pm

Phil wrote: Phil, ready to rock "Cautionary Warning" from Kachou Ouji

And suddenly, somehow, all the work I put into this feels worth it. ^_^ That would just make my con, Phil!
asnaylor
Code Monkey

Postby PuppetQueen » Wed May 12, 2010 3:06 pm

asnaylor wrote:
Phil wrote: Phil, ready to rock "Cautionary Warning" from Kachou Ouji

And suddenly, somehow, all the work I put into this feels worth it. ^_^ That would just make my con, Phil!

mine too! This is a great idea, I'm surprised it hasn't been done at Animazement before o.o;; I'm positive It'll be a big hit, especially among some of the con-goers that might be too shy to sing at the bigger karaoke session. I'll definitely pop in for some cool down time. Too bad the RCC doesn't let outside venders in, otherwise I bet they could make some money on coffee and cookies. :3
Fan Forum Panel Host ||Terror Squad 36th Seat~
Cubone (Pokemon) | Fem!Loki (Avengers) | Zatsune Miku (Matryoshka) | Kirlia (Pokemon)
PuppetQueen
Local Polygamist

Postby IsiInoForever » Wed May 12, 2010 7:20 pm

asnaylor wrote:
IsiInoForever wrote:Aww Thanks soo much! And I happy that you heared of the song! Im glad that the song is a little popular!! Unfountaly I don't have the karaoke backing/track for Banzai. However, I will keep a look out for it. ^^

You're welcome! I've timed "Banzai" for you and added it to the system. I was able to track down a karaoke version, so now you can have your choice of singing with Misa or not! ^_^

Yay!! Thanks soo much!!!(-^.^-)
Az 2014 Cosplay:
IsiInoForever
Skilled Valkyrie Pilot

Postby christi-chan » Wed May 12, 2010 8:21 pm

wow, it makes me wish i wasn't going to be stuck in artist alley most of the con, I would so go to this room. ^^
christi-chan
Low Ranking MACROSS Member

Announcing the Animazement Karaoke Box!

Postby Animazement_Official » Wed May 12, 2010 10:11 pm

Announcing the Animazement Karaoke Box! Stop by anytime, relax and sing your favorite anime/game/Jpop songs! More info: http://ping.fm/nItbS
Animazement_Official
The Management

Next

Return to The Greatest Shows On Earth