• It is currently Sat Apr 19, 2014 2:58 am

Sign In

User menu

FAQ
Register
Login
Animazement Fan Forum

CONVENTION CONTACTS

Got a question for staff or feedback pertaining to Animazment to make it the best convention in the United States? Unload it here! Don't worry, we can take it!

Moderator: BobD

CONVENTION CONTACTS

Postby BobD » Tue Mar 22, 2011 10:21 am

Hi folks

We would like to request that anything dealing with questions concerning the running of the convention from dealer's room to registration, from artist alley to video rooms, from general information about food to gaming room to please direct these to Animazement by the appropriate links found on the website. We have had instances of people bypassing us and going directly to the RCC and companies associated with them asking questions or seeking permission for certain activities during the convention. This has been causing a great deal of confusion. If there is permission or clarification that needs to be made about certain aspects of your participation at the convention, you need to contact the staff of Animazement and we will then get answers to your concerns through the appropriate channels. We appreciate your cooperation with this.

BobD
That is so my life right now.
BobD
Old Geezer

Re: CONVENTION CONTACTS

Postby salty » Sat Apr 02, 2011 4:35 am

Unfortunately this would be much more applicable if said people who are responsible for being contacts actually followed up and replied to said requests. I have sent about 10 requests in the past 4 months with regards to setting up a photoshoot section in the convention.

And since I have your attention now, I'll once again re-iterate my request in hopes you can forward this to the appropriate channels:

Was sent to:

info@animazement.org
press@animazement.org

My name's Mike, though in the Cosplay circuit most know me as Salty. I do professional photography and I was wondering if I would be able to use the floorspace of the convention to take free-of-charge studio-quality photos of the Cosplayers and Event Staff. A spot I saw last year that would interest me greatly would be the corner area near the stairs across from the Dealer's Room (It's right next to the food vendors). I'd be providing all the gear, backdrops, and supply my own power for the lighting.

For validity, here is a link to my photography website:
http://www.pennyphotography.net

Thank you!
~Mike Penny
salty
Faceless Minion of Big Fire

Postby BobD » Sat Apr 02, 2011 9:41 am

salty wrote:Unfortunately this would be much more applicable if said people who are responsible for being contacts actually followed up and replied to said requests. I have sent about 10 requests in the past 4 months with regards to setting up a photoshoot section in the convention.

And since I have your attention now, I'll once again re-iterate my request in hopes you can forward this to the appropriate channels:

Was sent to:

info@animazement.org
press@animazement.org

My name's Mike, though in the Cosplay circuit most know me as Salty. I do professional photography and I was wondering if I would be able to use the floorspace of the convention to take free-of-charge studio-quality photos of the Cosplayers and Event Staff. A spot I saw last year that would interest me greatly would be the corner area near the stairs across from the Dealer's Room (It's right next to the food vendors). I'd be providing all the gear, backdrops, and supply my own power for the lighting.

For validity, here is a link to my photography website:
http://www.pennyphotography.net

Thank you!
~Mike Penny

If I am not mistaken that spot was used last year by a group taking cosplay pictures (and I don't think I am mistaken because I am the one that placed them there). I will have to check with other staff to see if they have requested to return to that area. If that was you who I assigned to that spot just shoot me a PM. I'm sorry you have had a hard time with this.
BobD
Old Geezer

Postby salty » Sat Apr 02, 2011 3:51 pm

Thanks for the super quick reply! No it wasn't me there last year, but it caught my attention, which was why I was trying to see if it was available when I started sending the emails last year :)
salty

Postby BobD » Sat Apr 02, 2011 9:04 pm

I will inquire about it to see if they will be returning and get back back to you on it.

Again, I apologize that you were not contacted back about it sooner.
BobD
Old Geezer

Postby salty » Sat Apr 02, 2011 11:23 pm

Thanks again Bob! Sorry if I came across as snarky in my initial reply.
salty

Postby middayice » Fri Apr 15, 2011 7:45 pm

HI bob i to have sent a few emails reguarding information. if u could check on it for me i would appreciate it. my email address is Middayice@yahoo.com ty
Az 2013

UInsure on cosplay
middayice

Postby BobD » Sat Apr 16, 2011 2:22 pm

middayice wrote:HI bob i to have sent a few emails reguarding information. if u could check on it for me i would appreciate it. my email address is Middayice@yahoo.com ty

If you will PM me about what you need information about I will contact those who you need to get in touch with.
BobD
Old Geezer

Postby Lovelychristina » Sun Sep 25, 2011 5:50 pm

Hey there,

I need to contact someone about a Possible "Help Booth" idea I want to go through with in 2012. I'm not sure who to Contact and My computer does not like Animazement forums (I've been trying to load certain Pages for 20 minutes now. If someone who can email me about what I have to do or If I can send the Information to them on what I planned to to, I'd be Grateful.

Email- Its_me_4_real1989@yahoo.com
~Cosplay of 2011~
Hetalia,Junjou romantica, Kobato, FMA, Tsubasa, Kuroshitsuji!
Lovelychristina

Postby AnubisAnkh » Fri Oct 07, 2011 10:52 am

salty wrote:Unfortunately this would be much more applicable if said people who are responsible for being contacts actually followed up and replied to said requests. I have sent about 10 requests in the past 4 months with regards to setting up a photoshoot section in the convention.

And since I have your attention now...

I agree. I think people would actually bother going through the proper channels if it did not turn out to be an utter dead end. I've fired off two separate emails concerning two different issues so far, and have so far received nothing. Zip. Zilch. Nada. I understand that even nine months in advance, their inboxes may yet be bogged down with animazement fans asking lots of questions, but one would think they would at least get back within the month. They have not.

I have thus far gone through the proper channels, and await a response.

I also find myself slightly irritated that I have to lie about my age on here, because being seventeen, I need my parents to fax in a form giving me permission. Almost legally adult, I find that limit unnecessary, and hope my honesty on here does not result in my account being deleted. I would very much appreciate it, because I've only made this account so that I could inform you... with as much due politeness as possible... that the 'proper channels' thus set up so far have not yielded anything.

In case anyone can answer any questions here, I'll post them here:

To the Artist Alley people-- I would like to set up a booth. A half-table, if that is still allowed. I understand that I will need to make an online portfolio of my work, and will have that put together soon. However, looking online, it seems that the only thing I can find is the artist alley page telling me that registration for 2011 is closed... when I sit here scratching my head and asking if I'm just mad, or if the next convention is actually in 2012. If that's the case, when's the soonest I can send in a table request? (And before you say anything-- yes, I realize I will need my parents to pay for the online transaction. I've already worked this out with them.)

To general/random questions people-- given that I am only 4 months under the legal limit when the convention starts, would it be possible for me to attend the 18+ section as long as I am accompanied by an adult-- say, my brother, or with a signed permission form from my parents? Given that it's for 18+ and not 21+, I imagine that it's not the prospect of alcohol that's the problem.

Thanks!
AnubisAnkh
Shonen Bat Victim

Postby BobD » Mon Oct 10, 2011 1:51 pm

I would like to set up a booth. A half-table, if that is still allowed. I understand that I will need to make an online portfolio of my work, and will have that put together soon. However, looking online, it seems that the only thing I can find is the artist alley page telling me that registration for 2011 is closed... when I sit here scratching my head and asking if I'm just mad, or if the next convention is actually in 2012. If that's the case, when's the soonest I can send in a table request? (And before you say anything-- yes, I realize I will need my parents to pay for the online transaction. I've already worked this out with them.)

Applications for Artist Alley generally are not accepted until after the first of the year, closer to the convention. When and how that happens will be announced in the AA section of this forum and on Facebook. All I can do is encourage you to watch for new information at the first of the year.

I am only 4 months under the legal limit when the convention starts, would it be possible for me to attend the 18+ section as long as I am accompanied by an adult-- say, my brother, or with a signed permission form from my parents? Given that it's for 18+ and not 21+, I imagine that it's not the prospect of alcohol that's the problem.

No. You must be 18 and over at the time of the convention.

Again, unless you obtain information from Animazement staff it will usually prove faulty. Contacting the RCC will not help as they are only concerned with renting their facility to us. They have zero information as to what happens in regard to Animazement activities. I know everyone is excited about getting things started for 2012, but staff is just in the preparation stages and will not be ready to give out information pertaining to actual events for several months.
BobD
Old Geezer

Postby salty » Tue Dec 06, 2011 5:15 am

I've sent an email in regards to obtaining a press pass about 20 days ago. Should I wait longer for a reply (in case the press pass requests window isn't open yet) or should I repost my sent request here somewhere? I was in contact with Katharine for a little while, but I haven't had any correspondence from her since mid-june.
salty

Postby salty » Tue Dec 13, 2011 5:19 am

*tap*tap*tap*

This thing even on?

Hello?

Test. One. Two. Three.

Do the mods even check up here anymore?

One of the mods hasn't even been on since July...

>.>
salty

Postby Katharine » Tue Dec 13, 2011 5:36 pm

Hi. Sorry about the Press Pass request delay. I'm sending you a PM now. You can email me directly at Press@Animazement.org

Thank you,
Katharine
Katharine
Low Ranking MACROSS Member

Postby PlaneWalkerSolRac » Sun Jan 15, 2012 6:58 pm

Hello I've tried looking around for this before I posted but I didn't see anything about donating. Neat and my friends like to donate our consuls for an animazementP. I was to by the guy who usually does game room. Just to post here on the form with my name and that I am donating it. I am Carlos McIntyre and I'm donating my PS3 along with Christopher Wright Jr.,Brock Martin
and Latravis Fisher. Games Donated are blazblue contium shift,mvc 3 unlimited and king of fighters 13. I Also be posting this in the game on form just in case this is the wrong place to post it and in advance sorry.
PlaneWalkerSolRac
Shonen Bat Victim

Postby majors » Mon Jan 16, 2012 12:43 am

PlaneWalkerSolRac wrote:Hello I've tried looking around for this before I posted but I didn't see anything about donating.

PM'd.
Majors -=- Wedoca '12
majors
Mahou Otaku Pretty Fanservice

Postby Aqua's Rhapsody » Sun Feb 19, 2012 2:03 pm

I sent an e-mail to the Animazement info email address a week ago and have not gotten a response.
http://www.facebook.com/pages/Denver-NC ... 913?ref=ts

http://www.cosplay.com/marketplace/show ... 158/cat/16

*Head of Rhapsody Designs commissions, and part of Waffles McFrenchie cosplay group!*

Aqua's Rhapsody

Postby BobD » Thu Mar 08, 2012 12:06 pm

Aqua's Rhapsody wrote:I sent an e-mail to the Animazement info email address a week ago and have not gotten a response.

If you never got a response to your question just PM it to me and I will see if I can get an answer for you.
BobD
Old Geezer

Postby RjSlash » Fri Mar 16, 2012 3:55 am

Yea I Sent An Email All The Way Back On Jan 25 And Still No Answer. It's Regarding The Rave/Dance.
RjSlash: Give him an inch, he'll show you why your inch is stupid.

Music Connoisseur Of All Things

You May Refer To Me As Fondling Fondling Healing Hands-Kun
RjSlash

Postby BobD » Fri Mar 16, 2012 7:51 am

RjSlash wrote:Yea I Sent An Email All The Way Back On Jan 25 And Still No Answer. It's Regarding The Rave/Dance.

If you will PM me your question I will see if I can get an answer for you.
BobD
Old Geezer

Next

Return to Dear Animazement