• It is currently Mon Apr 21, 2014 8:13 am

Sign In

User menu

FAQ
Register
Login
Animazement Fan Forum

Welcome! Introduce yourself here.

Talk about your Animazement plans, and count down the days to Memorial Day weekend with us.

Moderator: Macross-Junkie

Re: Welcome! Introduce yourself here.

Postby BobD » Wed May 04, 2011 7:59 am

Cyannas wrote:I'm Cyannas but I typically lurk the internet under the alias "Cyanna". My first account got suddenly unexpectedly banned (mistaken for a bot account I've been told) and while I resisted registering again for a while and using up another e-mail address...yeah I gave in.

Sorry about that. I wish there were some filter that could be enabled that would keep the spam bots from registering. I've looked into the system and cannot find anything. We get anywhere from 15 to 20 (sometimes more) of these coming on board a day. If they are not taken care of as quickly as possible it would be a 24/7 job deleting their posts and soon their garbage would pile up to the point that we would just have to shut the board down. I try to recognize those accounts that would be true accounts (user names that show a connection to anime, manga, gaming (not too up on the gaming though), or legit in some way, shape or form and leave them. Most user names that are not recognizable, are gibberish, profiles that actually mention they are in marketing or are from places like Vietnam (yes they will actually put these things in their profiles) or contain large amounts of numbers get flushed. If I am unsure I look for an immediate posting or construction of a profile. You can lurk without having an account. But if one is going to create an account I would hope that they want to interact with others on the forum. I would encourage everyone coming on board to at least come to this thread to acknowledge their legitimacy of one who in interested in Animazement and not to sell Nike shoes.

Oh, and I just banned someone who had a legit posting but their signature was full of links to clothing sites...

Please don't insult my intelligence (what little there is). :?
That is so my life right now.
BobD
Old Geezer

Postby Cyannas » Wed May 04, 2011 3:32 pm

Well I was just a little shocked by two things:

1.) How quickly I was banned and 2.) Truth be told I've never been to a forum that has turned to this method as a security measure before. It's not like I'm new to the internet. I found it very bizarre and I was considerably angry at first. But if this is your only way to keep the house clean, then I understand.

It was my intention to lurk initially. Many con forums don't show you all boards unless you are a registered member. After confirming I wasn't missing out on anything I decided I wouldn't register because I usually don't have nothing to say (and this is probably going to be my only AZ anyway). I finally signed up because I had a question about Karaoke.

Apparently we have both unintentionally made negative first impressions on each other. I apologize for making comments that, in hindsight, were unnecessary and unhelpful. I've done the forum admin thing before. It is a thankless job. :)

Truce?
Cyannas
Shonen Bat Victim

Postby PixelKitty » Wed May 11, 2011 9:50 am

Hello everyone!

My name is Natalie, I go by PixelKitty or PixelK1tty ;) I've been attending Animazement for 10 years now so many of you may have already seen me roaming around in costume. I just created a new forum account though and wanted to introduce myself! ^^

I am very much into cosplay and if you are interested in following along with my progress or Animazment related updates please join my Facebook page Facebook.com/PixelKittyCosplay or follow me on twitter @pixelk1tty

See you at con!
PIXEL KITTY COSPLAY:http://www.facebook.com/PixelKittyCosplay (>")> Please visit and "Like" my cosplay page!
PixelKitty
Shonen Bat Victim

Postby Buttahflah » Fri May 13, 2011 2:28 pm

Hello everyone! I think I'm posting to this topic kind of late (considering we're counting down the last...two weeks?) but better late than never. My name's Vanessa, and this is my...fourth year? I was in the AA last year as the "asian star girl" with the ridiculous amounts of folded paper stars. I'm excited to be returning again this year with some new crafts still utilizing my paper stars.

I won't be cosplaying this year because the two characters I was interested in (Rhyme from TWEWY and Hikari from Pokemon) were respectively discovered too close to the con date for me to finish and too complicated for me. :) I'm excited to meet everyone again this year.
Buttahflah
Citizen of Macross City

Postby decramikahe » Sun May 15, 2011 8:56 am

Hey! I'm new to the forums but this isn't going to be my first time at AZ. So ya'know, I figured I would have a more enjoyable and awesome experience if I get involved with other awesome otakus and con goers. :3
Oh god. I am not ready for this . . . at all.
decramikahe
Citizen of Macross City

Postby PigeonStar » Tue May 17, 2011 12:07 pm

Durrhurr, I usually don't like introducing myself into forums, but eh, anyway.

Hi, I'm PigeonStar, and this will be my first time going to AZ (with some friends that have been going for several years). I've been to other cons for about 5-6 years, so I'm not new to the con scene!

You guys will probably be seeing me in the Artist Alley for the most of the time! If you guys see this artwork www.pigeonstar.deviantart.com and a small asian manning the table, then that's probably me! :B
PigeonStar
Shonen Bat Victim

Postby Tanatot » Tue May 17, 2011 4:19 pm

Macross-Junkie wrote:
Tanatot wrote:Hiiiii. I'm Abby and this will be my 4th year at Animazement and my first coming to it's new location. I'll be going as female Saotome Ranma (I'm a red head so lol) so say hi if you see me! Uhh I've gone as ranma before (first time), Haruno Sakura from Naruto, and Orihime from Bleach. Thinking about pulling together a Karin (Naruto) cosplay since I've been mostly trying to do red heads. I'd love to meet any other Ranma 1/2 cosplayers.

It's nice to see some younger Cosplayers doing old school characters...

Yeah I first cosplayed Ranma when I was... I like 12 or 13, but now I'm 17 so I'll fit the part better. C:
Cosplay This Year:
Saotome Ranma (Girl) from Ranma 1/2
Harley Quinn (B:TAS)

Future:
Karin (Naruto)
Tanatot
Shonen Bat Victim

Postby Tanatot » Tue May 17, 2011 4:20 pm

Dark Soul wrote:
Tanatot wrote:Hiiiii. I'm Abby and this will be my 4th year at Animazement and my first coming to it's new location. I'll be going as female Saotome Ranma (I'm a red head so lol) so say hi if you see me! Uhh I've gone as ranma before (first time), Haruno Sakura from Naruto, and Orihime from Bleach. Thinking about pulling together a Karin (Naruto) cosplay since I've been mostly trying to do red heads. I'd love to meet any other Ranma 1/2 cosplayers.

i'll be sure to glomp you if i see you. ^^
i love ranma 1/2 even though i'm not exactly done

Yay! C: I think I'll be there mostly on Saturday. Maybe more than one day depending on who I'm attending with.
And yes Ranma 1/2 was my first and my favorite.
Cosplay This Year:
Saotome Ranma (Girl) from Ranma 1/2
Harley Quinn (B:TAS)

Future:
Karin (Naruto)
Tanatot
Shonen Bat Victim

Postby mikailgirl » Wed May 18, 2011 5:05 pm

I'm Mikail Adams and this will be my first time at the con. I'm sooooo scared yet happy since i've always wanted to go to a con but my mom wouldn't let me. So coming here is a dream come true. Anyway if you see a black short shippuden Sakura it's probably me. So don't be shy, just run up and hug me if you want too. :3 ^_^ :wink: :mrgreen: :) :*: :moon: :party: :drink: :cute: :cake: p.s it going to be my birthday on the 26 of this month p.s.s i'll be there sat. and Sunday.
Animazement 2013 Lineup

Friday: Seychelles

Saturday: Trickster!Jane

Sunday:Roxy lalonde

Follow me on Tumblr https://www.kawaiistalin.tumblr.com
mikailgirl
Shonen Bat Victim

Postby MinaUchiha2 » Wed May 18, 2011 5:41 pm

Welcome new people.
MinaUchiha2
The Cosplay Uke

Postby volley94 » Wed May 18, 2011 7:15 pm

Hola, estoy volley94.
Cant wait for 2011AZ.
Fumi from shigofumi:
Wig - wating confermation.
Out fit: just need to order
hat/bag:
Hello kitty:
Just need to find a decent one to order.lol
Lolita:
Wig: need to order one either curled or uncurled.
Dress: cant figure out where to buy one from.lol there are so many sites.
Shoes: i'm thinking i'll get them from milanoo.
volley94
Mahou Otaku Pretty Fanservice

Postby Primula2525 » Wed May 18, 2011 7:49 pm

Well, ^w^' I've been registered a while but have yet to post anything. So with about 8 days and counting til the Con I figure it's better late than never!

While this won't be my first Con but will be my first time at Animazement ^^ It's great meeting you all and can't wait to see you there!
**Cosplay~2013~**
~ Chell ~ Portal
~ Oerba Dia Vanille ~ FFXIII

"Do you believe in love at first sight?...or do I need to walk by again?"

http://www.dragonelegy.wordpress.com
Primula2525
Shonen Bat Victim

Postby The Otaku » Fri May 20, 2011 4:11 pm

Ranma 1/2!? Hells yeah!!! It's been a while since I've seen any cosplayers from it~ Very kickass, indeed.
Are you shy when it comes to conventions, and afraid you are missing out on fun because of it.. or just want to not be so shy period? Go to Shy Con-Goers Unite! Everyone is welcome! Link ---> https://www.facebook.com/groups/127048040657133/
The Otaku
Shonen Bat Victim

Postby zydrate.girl13 » Mon May 23, 2011 5:06 pm

Last edited by zydrate.girl13 on Fri Nov 25, 2011 3:04 pm, edited 2 times in total.
zydrate.girl13
Shonen Bat Victim

Postby KazeNoKizu » Mon May 23, 2011 10:36 pm

Hey people!

I'm Gerald!

This is my 2nd Animazement and I'll be flying solo Thursday night, most of the day Saturday, and I'll have my little cousins with me on Sunday (they LOVED getting pictures with Mario and Pikachu last year!) as well as my Mom and another cousin.

I'm a 28 year old IT dude. I have an abnormal love for the Magical Girl Genre of anime (I started anime with Sailor Moon back in the late 90's... I'm old...) but I was also raised on DBZ, Vampire Hunter D, Evangelion, Cowboy Bebop and later on Inuyasha, Pretty Cure (and all it's renditions), Air TV, and others to be sure.

I'm a local Raleighite and would love to get a gang together of of-age people to go drinking afterward on Saturday night! I also live down town so I'd be up for having some folks over for drinks as well.

I don't much like flying solo, so if anyone wants a tag-along I'm free! I won't be cosplaying, but I'll def be watching cosplayers.

OK! Hope to see you all there this weekend!

GP
KazeNoKizu
Shonen Bat Victim

Postby LuketheXjesse » Tue May 24, 2011 1:49 am

Coming to Animazement with a few pals who have been before. This'll be my first Animazement as well as my first con. Looking very forward to the experience. :)
LuketheXjesse
Citizen of Macross City

Postby Quizzeh » Tue May 24, 2011 4:38 pm

Howdy, I'm Quizzeh and this week's convention is going to be the first anime convention I've ever been too. I've gone with friends to comic book conventions with anime stuff but they were pretty small. Anyway, glad to meet you all!
Quizzeh
Shonen Bat Victim

Postby Zilla Senetai » Fri May 27, 2011 3:20 pm

Welcome all you new forumers. Hope you have fun. :]
Image Seat 40 Image
Zilla Senetai
Emergency Food Supply

Postby Erock » Sun May 29, 2011 11:54 pm

Since it's been a few years, and I've been completely out of the loop and soooooooo many new peeps, I thought I would re-do this and tell everyone what I've been up to.

Some of you may remember me, I would assume none. I'm Erock. Thanks to joining the Army in '09 I've missed the past 3 years. How sad. I was planning on coming this year, but my daughter is due any day now, and priorities come first. I already know that I'll be missing next year as well due to I just got orders to Korea and shipping out in August. It's only a year tour so 2013, if at all possible I'll be there. Greatest thing about this Korea trip is.... wait for it.... trip to Japan, yo. I probably won't be as active on the forums like I use to, and these boards have changed so much I was at a complete loss. If you remember me, keep in touch through Facebook or Xbox. Hope to see you in 2013, I've got big plans
Erock
Low Ranking MACROSS Member

Postby kireina seishin » Mon May 30, 2011 11:15 am

Erock wrote:Since it's been a few years, and I've been completely out of the loop and soooooooo many new peeps, I thought I would re-do this and tell everyone what I've been up to.

Some of you may remember me, I would assume none. I'm Erock. Thanks to joining the Army in '09 I've missed the past 3 years. How sad. I was planning on coming this year, but my daughter is due any day now, and priorities come first. I already know that I'll be missing next year as well due to I just got orders to Korea and shipping out in August. It's only a year tour so 2013, if at all possible I'll be there. Greatest thing about this Korea trip is.... wait for it.... trip to Japan, yo. I probably won't be as active on the forums like I use to, and these boards have changed so much I was at a complete loss. If you remember me, keep in touch through Facebook or Xbox. Hope to see you in 2013, I've got big plans

Dude I remember you! Or at least I recognize your avatar haha. Thankyou for what you do sir.
kireina seishin
Black Rose Duelist

PreviousNext

Return to Convention Discussion