• It is currently Wed Apr 16, 2014 9:21 am

Sign In

User menu

FAQ
Register
Login
Animazement Fan Forum

Welcome! Introduce yourself here.

Talk about your Animazement plans, and count down the days to Memorial Day weekend with us.

Moderator: Macross-Junkie

Re: Welcome! Introduce yourself here.

Postby BreVaun » Mon May 30, 2011 1:14 pm

Hey everyone this was technically my 2nd AZ but I only went to the last day last year since I was out of the country and flights got delayed. ;_; I was able to make it to all the days this time. ^w^'
I'm Bobby,since I havnt introduced myself yet. I really love anime but the only have seen bits and pieces of different series. Usually watch them online on hulu or net flix which isn't a good way to watch since I like watching them subbed. I'm sad that AZ is over already which it was more than once a year, it makes me want to start con hopping around. I'm a shy person so I didn't really talk to a lot of people trying to break that barrier. I was going to cosplay this year but I didn't have the time or energy to make the costume so I just went as team rocket. So I was one of the many team rocket grunts wearing black. I'm looking forward to next year as I will try to put together multiple costumes. :3
BreVaun
Shonen Bat Victim

Postby ajikanboi » Mon May 30, 2011 7:21 pm

hey guys this was my second AZ but last time i came was after work on a saturday :o, which pretty much means i missed almost everything.....but this year i got to enjoy everything >:) plus the block party outside was awesome :P
ohh yeah my name is michael the way mwuahahah
ajikanboi
Shonen Bat Victim

Postby Chalax » Wed Jun 01, 2011 3:24 am

Justed wanted to get my initial post in here, but those of you that went to the con most likely saw me at some point volunteering, either in front of the escalator dancing while holding the caution sign, helping out with panels, selling glow sticks at the rave sat night, or one of the many other things I was helping with.

You can most definitely expect me again next year (as the last 5 years I was busy with the air force), mostly likely in a green shirt again.

Jim - official prinny of con ops
Chalax
Shonen Bat Victim

Postby MichleJohn » Thu Jun 02, 2011 11:22 am

Hye

John here from UK.... a new user of this community

27 years old guy says hello to all forum members
MichleJohn
Shonen Bat Victim

Postby Tokyo_Enigma » Fri Jun 03, 2011 8:40 pm

'Ello there everyone! I think I introduced myself on here a long time ago, but I shall do it again for those new to the forums.

I'm Michael...I am a 26 year old college Graduate, who loves anime and video games. <3 Of course, or else why would I be here? I am a fun and outgoing person, and I love to interact and meet new people, especially those who enjoy the fandom.

You're free to add me on Facebook, though please be forewarned that I have a very crude sense of humor; if you get offended easily, do not add me. Also, I am openly gay, so once again...if that bothers you, do not add me. ;) If you have no problems with either of those, then by all means feel free!

http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100000288427848

I hope to see some Friend Requests soon! :D
Tokyo_Enigma
Mahou Otaku Pretty Fanservice

Postby oglop_master » Fri Jun 03, 2011 9:05 pm

Welcome to everyone new or just introducing! :3
Having trouble styling your wig for your next cosplay? Well, you're in luck! Head on over to Erin's Wigs and check it out!
http://erinswigs.tumblr.com/
oglop_master
The Almighty Banana Overlord

Postby K. Orchid » Sat Jun 04, 2011 10:56 pm

This year was my first convention. I am a major nerd, so I love a place where it is socially acceptable to wear elf ears and a tail. To put a face to the name, I was the Jackal from 13 ghosts (the one with the caged head) Thanks Puppet for letting me tag along!
K. Orchid
Shonen Bat Victim

Postby PuppetQueen » Sat Jun 04, 2011 11:50 pm

K. Orchid wrote:This year was my first convention. I am a major nerd, so I love a place where it is socially acceptable to wear elf ears and a tail. To put a face to the name, I was the Jackal from 13 ghosts (the one with the caged head) Thanks Puppet for letting me tag along!

'bout time :P
Fan Forum Panel Host ||Terror Squad 36th Seat~
Cubone (Pokemon) | Fem!Loki (Avengers) | Zatsune Miku (Matryoshka) | Kirlia (Pokemon)
PuppetQueen
Local Polygamist

Postby Tanoshii » Tue Jun 07, 2011 7:33 pm

Heeeeey! This was my first year of AZ. I was pretty nervous and shy at first, but throughout them days I've opened up and made new friends.Can't wait for next year..Looking forward to being more open and making more friends.^_^...and hopefully find a Cosplay Group.=p
Cos:Tosen Kaname|(2011)(Upcoming 2012)Grell SutCliff|Bleach|Edward Elric|Jin Kisaragi(Two of of the four)
Tanoshii
Shonen Bat Victim

Postby Dimmuburger » Sat Jun 11, 2011 5:57 am

Hello there new folks. Enjoy today's lolzy spam and what-not
Dimmuburger
That's the Spirit!

Postby BlazedStarbon » Tue Aug 30, 2011 5:27 pm

Hello :)

I'm a newcomer to the anime scene. (Excluding the famous 1990 animes/mangas such as Pokemon, etc,...) I am a 21 year old *Canadian* college graduate who loves video games to the extreme! My best friend (who's from New York) got me interested in the more recent anime such as Katekyo Hitman Reborn! and a few others.

We plan on attending our first anime convention with Animazement as our first trip together in May, 2012. The planning already started, and we hope to have a good time.

I'm a very shy person, but I never shy away from a good challenge. I hope to make friends, even if it's in small-talk and look forward to (hopefully) a successful trip!
Possible AZ'12 Cosplay List:

Tifa - Advent Children: 50%
Secret cosplay - 90%
BlazedStarbon
Shonen Bat Victim

Postby Marzipan » Tue Aug 30, 2011 6:17 pm

Welcome! You will LOVE Animazement. :D
Join the very much UNofficial Animazement FB group!<3

Marzipan
Photoshoot Coordinator
Photoshoot Coordinator

Postby kireina seishin » Thu Sep 01, 2011 12:34 am

BlazedStarbon wrote:Hello :)

I'm a newcomer to the anime scene. (Excluding the famous 1990 animes/mangas such as Pokemon, etc,...) I am a 21 year old *Canadian* college graduate who loves video games to the extreme! My best friend (who's from New York) got me interested in the more recent anime such as Katekyo Hitman Reborn! and a few others.

We plan on attending our first anime convention with Animazement as our first trip together in May, 2012. The planning already started, and we hope to have a good time.

I'm a very shy person, but I never shy away from a good challenge. I hope to make friends, even if it's in small-talk and look forward to (hopefully) a successful trip!

Welcome! No need to be shy here, you can literally walk up to ANYONE and strike up a conversation. I wish everyday life was like AZ's atmosphere.
kireina seishin
Black Rose Duelist

Postby BlazedStarbon » Wed Sep 07, 2011 8:12 pm

Thanks!

I've definitely noticed the fun and amusement throughout the discussions not only on the forums, but in the YouTube videos as well.

I think what's worrying me is the cost of it all. The flight tickets and hotel costs are what worries me the most. Traveling from Central Canada to North Carolina isn't cheap. We'll figure something out :)
Possible AZ'12 Cosplay List:

Tifa - Advent Children: 50%
Secret cosplay - 90%
BlazedStarbon
Shonen Bat Victim

Postby Marzipan » Wed Sep 28, 2011 9:18 am

Welcome Jon! Don't be afraid to just jump into conversation. :3
Join the very much UNofficial Animazement FB group!<3

Marzipan
Photoshoot Coordinator
Photoshoot Coordinator

Postby BobD » Wed Sep 28, 2011 10:12 am

Unfortunately "Jon" is not with us anymore. His sole reason for joining was so that he could post a business link in his signature. So bye-bye Jonny Boy, we hardly knew ye. Thank goodness. :3
That is so my life right now.
BobD
Old Geezer

Postby gurleenkaur » Mon Oct 17, 2011 5:02 am

hello i am a newbie here.....jst checking the threads and its so fun,you all people enjoy here..gud 2 be here...:)
gurleen kaur
gurleenkaur
Shonen Bat Victim

Postby zydrate_girl13 » Tue Nov 08, 2011 12:55 pm

Okay, so I'm never really good with introductions but we'll see how this works out.

This year was my first con ever I had a bunch of fun even though I was busy being too shy to talk to many people. But I did enjoy it. I will be cosplaying at AZ 2012 :).

I obviously like anime and manga among other things. I'm 18 years old. I'm also very weird and like to talk to new people. So feel free to message me or friend me.

I guess that's all. If you want to know stuff ask or check out my profile. ^^"
Image 100% DoneImage 100% Done
Image 100% DoneImage 100% Done
zydrate_girl13
Citizen of Macross City

Postby YiJu » Tue Dec 13, 2011 6:10 pm

Hiiiiii! I'm Anna and 2011 was my first convention! I didn't cosplay, but I've already reserved my hotel room for this year and I'm creating a pikachu costume!

I'm energetic and spontaneous and I will probably hug you if you ask!
If you start dancing, I will too!

Let's all have fun and have another good year.
I'll be seeing you in 2012 as Pikachu!
Also myself, in Lolita style!
Please say hello!
YiJu
Shonen Bat Victim

Postby RelaxitzDax » Sat Feb 04, 2012 2:35 pm

Uh well okies :3,
My name is Nate, but just call me Dax. I'm still a high school student in Raleigh, NC. I really love to watch and draw anime; my favorites are Naruto, Bleach, Soul Eater, Blue Exorcist, and Gurren Lagann. My hobbies consist of drawing, building, learning guitar, and hanging out with friends. This will be my first year attending AZ and I plan to go as Ragnarok from Soul Eater ^_^.

See you all at AZ, Peace out!
--It helps to be insane, in this mad world we live in--
~RelaxitzDax ^_^
RelaxitzDax
Shonen Bat Victim

PreviousNext

Return to Convention Discussion