• It is currently Thu Apr 24, 2014 2:06 am

Sign In

User menu

FAQ
Register
Login
Animazement Fan Forum

Phases where you don't enjoy anime?

Come in and talk about things relevant to Japan and all it's glorious art forms.

Moderator: BobD

Re: Phases where you don't enjoy anime?

Postby Tavex » Sat Sep 17, 2011 7:57 pm

I guess I'm out of the phase again

I've watched 10 episodes of 07-Ghost yesterday and all of Anohana today.

Sup.
Cosplay for 2014 AZ:

Mushishi: Ginko

Final Fantasy XIII: Snow (MIGHT do this again)

Tavex
Pokémon Master

Postby kireina seishin » Mon Sep 26, 2011 2:19 am

Hoooooray I'm back! :D I was starting to get worried there for awhile. It hit me right in the chest the other day, I was driving listening to Hyde and just realized "Hey... I really miss this part of my life!"
kireina seishin
Black Rose Duelist

Postby Dimmuburger » Tue Oct 04, 2011 2:22 am

I have phases where I hate the forums
Dimmuburger
That's the Spirit!

Postby kireina seishin » Tue Oct 04, 2011 12:23 pm

Dimmuburger wrote:I have phases where I hate the forums

Me too. :D
kireina seishin
Black Rose Duelist

Postby Shaylex » Tue Oct 25, 2011 8:32 am

I go through this phase WAY too much. I'm currently on the "Depression" as well. :\

However, I do have a couple reasons for it. Firstly, I'm currently in an art college, and that takes up most of the time I have. Secondly, I've got an instructor who is HIGHLY against anime (not that he's racist or anything) and he has said multiple times that if he sees anything "costume related" (referring to cosplay) or anything of the like in our work, we are OUT of his class.

So... at the moment, I have no choice but to get anime out of my head. -.-' It's insufferable.
Animazement 2014 Cosplay

Thursday - Jack Frost (ROTG)
Friday - Female Goofy (KH2)
Saturday - Human Entei (Pokemon)
Sunday - ???
Shaylex
Eater Of Worlds

Postby Vvsonicteam » Tue Oct 25, 2011 3:10 pm

This rarely happins to me because I dont watch anime often but when i do I enjoy it. But i read manga like...every week and i never get tired of it.
Co Commander of The Gravayard Pinjas: Leonard.

Panels I'm Running:
-Shounen What?? For the Love of Boys 2012 [18+]
-Pirates Vs. Ninjas Debate 2012
Vvsonicteam
Shonen Bat Victim

Postby Macross-Junkie » Tue Oct 25, 2011 5:15 pm

Shaylex wrote:I go through this phase WAY too much. I'm currently on the "Depression" as well. :\

However, I do have a couple reasons for it. Firstly, I'm currently in an art college, and that takes up most of the time I have. Secondly, I've got an instructor who is HIGHLY against anime (not that he's racist or anything) and he has said multiple times that if he sees anything "costume related" (referring to cosplay) or anything of the like in our work, we are OUT of his class.

So... at the moment, I have no choice but to get anime out of my head. -.-' It's insufferable.

I honestly think your instructor is a close minded idiot. I personally know three art teachers (2 High School, and 1 College), and all have accepted Anime and Cosplay as an art form, regardless of it's mainstream impact on the art world. It sounds like your art teacher is living in a close minded world where art is only what he sees fit, and I'd be more than happy to tell him that if you pass along his e-mail address. I would love nothing more than to harass a member of academia that thinks he knows everything about the art world simply because he has a college education, and some authority...
"Which side are we on? We're on the side of the demons, Chief. We are evil men in the gardens of paradise, sent by the forces of death to spread devastation and destruction where ever we go. I'm surprised you didn't know that."
- Col. Tigh / Battlestar Galactica
Macross-Junkie
Starfleet Captain

Postby kireina seishin » Thu Oct 27, 2011 12:50 am

Macross-Junkie wrote:
Shaylex wrote:I go through this phase WAY too much. I'm currently on the "Depression" as well. :\

I honestly think your instructor is a close minded idiot. I personally know three art teachers (2 High School, and 1 College), and all have accepted Anime and Cosplay as an art form, regardless of it's mainstream impact on the art world. It sounds like your art teacher is living in a close minded world where art is only what he sees fit, and I'd be more than happy to tell him that if you pass along his e-mail address. I would love nothing more than to harass a member of academia that thinks he knows everything about the art world simply because he has a college education, and some authority...

Yeah that's pretty crazy, you tell him Macross. :mrgreen:
kireina seishin
Black Rose Duelist

Postby Shaylex » Thu Oct 27, 2011 1:39 pm

Macross-Junkie wrote:I honestly think your instructor is a close minded idiot. I personally know three art teachers (2 High School, and 1 College), and all have accepted Anime and Cosplay as an art form, regardless of it's mainstream impact on the art world. It sounds like your art teacher is living in a close minded world where art is only what he sees fit, and I'd be more than happy to tell him that if you pass along his e-mail address. I would love nothing more than to harass a member of academia that thinks he knows everything about the art world simply because he has a college education, and some authority...

Oh jeebus... XD I KNOW he's an idiot... but not only is he a Pixar veteran, but if i did that, the whole CLASS would be sued.

There is no changing his mind. His rage is like the devil.....
Animazement 2014 Cosplay

Sunday - ???
Shaylex
Eater Of Worlds

Postby Tavex » Thu Oct 27, 2011 4:20 pm

Hmmm.

Getting back into the groove.
Cosplay for 2014 AZ:

Mushishi: Ginko

Final Fantasy XIII: Snow (MIGHT do this again)

Tavex
Pokémon Master

Postby Macross-Junkie » Fri Oct 28, 2011 2:57 pm

I really can't say I go through stages when I don't enjoy Anime, just stages when I enjoy other things more. I refer to them more as kicks than anything else. I might get on a Star Trek Kick for a few weeks, or an X-Files Kick, maybe a Farscape or Battlestar Galactica Kick, but I never quit enjoying Anime...
"Which side are we on? We're on the side of the demons, Chief. We are evil men in the gardens of paradise, sent by the forces of death to spread devastation and destruction where ever we go. I'm surprised you didn't know that."
Macross-Junkie
Starfleet Captain

Postby Macross-Junkie » Fri Oct 28, 2011 3:10 pm

Shaylex wrote:
Oh jeebus... XD I KNOW he's an idiot... but not only is he a Pixar veteran, but if i did that, the whole CLASS would be sued.

Pixar Veteran or not, it doesn't make it right to bash an art style and culture because it's Animation technique doesn't make it look like Toy Story, or some other sub-standard American animation.

If he was a REAL art teacher that studied art history, he would know that several Japanese artists such as Miyazaki, Mikimoto, & Katsuhiro were instrumental in helping Steve Jobs and the founders of Pixar get off the ground, not only in the states, but overseas. That's why these guys have their own chapter dedicated to them in an upcoming book about Steve Jobs and his involvement with Pixar. But hey, a guy like your teacher is probably to brilliant to realize that some of the greatest animation in the past 4 decades came out of Japan.

Ah, I'm to angry to talk about this anymore. This guy is probably a closet racist that has a problem with the Japanese because they Animate better than him. Stupid people like him should be drug out into the street and...

Love
Macross-Junkie
Macross-Junkie
Starfleet Captain

Postby Shaylex » Sat Oct 29, 2011 3:28 pm

Macross-Junkie wrote:Pixar Veteran or not, it doesn't make it right to bash an art style and culture because it's Animation technique doesn't make it look like Toy Story, or some other sub-standard American animation.

If he was a REAL art teacher that studied art history, he would know that several Japanese artists such as Miyazaki, Mikimoto, & Katsuhiro were instrumental in helping Steve Jobs and the founders of Pixar get off the ground, not only in the states, but overseas. That's why these guys have their own chapter dedicated to them in an upcoming book about Steve Jobs and his involvement with Pixar. But hey, a guy like your teacher is probably to brilliant to realize that some of the greatest animation in the past 4 decades came out of Japan.

Ah, I'm to angry to talk about this anymore. This guy is probably a closet racist that has a problem with the Japanese because they Animate better than him. Stupid people like him should be drug out into the street and...

Love
Macross-Junkie

You are officially claimed my hero. ^_^
Animazement 2014 Cosplay

Sunday - ???
Shaylex
Eater Of Worlds

Postby DrGonzo369 » Mon Nov 14, 2011 2:47 am

Macross-Junkie wrote:
Shaylex wrote:

Pixar Veteran or not, it doesn't make it right to bash an art style and culture because it's Animation technique doesn't make it look like Toy Story, or some other sub-standard American animation.

Love
Macross-Junkie

Viscous circle, my friend. Remember our many Disney vs Anime discussions? The Japanese are JUST as lazy than American animators.

The biggest question is is he just against the japanese style or any form of animation? There are amazing things that have come out of the UK, Europe and Russia that some people refuse to accept due to being from foreign origin here in the US. You start to mention things and people from Canada and you will start to blow people's minds.
Ben: There is nothing sadder, Joe, than a sad Japanese man.
Joe: Boy, I'll say...
Image Seat 30

DrGonzo369
The Good Doctor of Otaku-ism

Postby Shaylex » Tue Nov 15, 2011 9:56 am

DrGonzo369 wrote:Viscous circle, my friend. Remember our many Disney vs Anime discussions? The Japanese are JUST as lazy than American animators.

The biggest question is is he just against the japanese style or any form of animation? There are amazing things that have come out of the UK, Europe and Russia that some people refuse to accept due to being from foreign origin here in the US. You start to mention things and people from Canada and you will start to blow people's minds.

Just the Japanese style. Yeah, he's into Marvel/DC and all that, and I even found out that he's a Spyro fan! :O He's an animation (specifically that department only) teacher, so he can't be against every form. Just Japan 2-D-ness.... >:|
Animazement 2014 Cosplay

Sunday - ???
Shaylex
Eater Of Worlds

Postby DrGonzo369 » Tue Nov 15, 2011 10:36 am

Next class ask him if he's against the idea of the death of traditional hand drawn animation and that everything is one on computers and see what his reaction is. If he says that's why he doesn't like anime, then he is a hypocrite.
Ben: There is nothing sadder, Joe, than a sad Japanese man.
Joe: Boy, I'll say...
Image Seat 30

DrGonzo369
The Good Doctor of Otaku-ism

Postby danicamae » Sat Nov 19, 2011 5:48 am

When I don't get and see what I want. LOL. I mean when I expect lots of things to happen but then it just can't give what I'm expecting.. or even go beyond my expectations.. In short, poorly constructed story. >_<
danicamae
Citizen of Macross City

Postby Shaylex » Mon Nov 21, 2011 1:04 pm

DrGonzo369 wrote:Next class ask him if he's against the idea of the death of traditional hand drawn animation and that everything is one on computers and see what his reaction is. If he says that's why he doesn't like anime, then he is a hypocrite.

Haha, yeah, 1)When we get back from Thanksgiving break, and 2)If I even have the guts to ask such a question. I have a reputation of being the "star student." I kinda don't want to ruin that. ^.^'

Plus, I think he's already answered that question by saying that "All anime is is moving backgrounds, and over-exaggeration in the human anatomy." :/ He didn't even give examples... So, yeah, hypocrite is the word, I believe.
Animazement 2014 Cosplay

Sunday - ???
Shaylex
Eater Of Worlds

Postby danicamae » Tue Nov 22, 2011 4:03 am

When I don't get what I want to happen. Honestly. Yes. LOL
danicamae
Citizen of Macross City

Postby Dimmuburger » Wed Nov 23, 2011 5:39 am

Your teacher contributed to the death of Traditional animation and the bastardization and overuse of computer animation.

Working at the very pinacle of bloated, unwarranted, self glorified bulls***. Just because it's pixar/disney doesn't mean it's good.

Not to mention he worked for an anti-semite's business empire.

He might as well have worked in a Nazi Goldmine.
Dimmuburger
That's the Spirit!

PreviousNext

Return to Anime, Manga and Nippon, Oh My!