• It is currently Thu Apr 17, 2014 8:48 am

Sign In

User menu

FAQ
Register
Login
Animazement Fan Forum

Possible Homestuck panel 2012

Got an idea for a panel? Want to know what others think? Need to give a shout out to panel staff? Come on in!

Moderators: Macross-Junkie, Kurotsubasa

Possible Homestuck panel 2012

Postby Shrimpmuffin » Fri Jan 20, 2012 7:17 am

EDIT: I'm starting to get a lot of people asking on tumblr so if you're finding me here and then going to my tumblr(perfectlycookedpancakes) PLEASE DO NOT ANON ASK IF THIS HAPPENS AGAIN I WILL DISABLE ANON UNTIL WE GET CLOSER TO THE CONVENTION

Hello all! Ok so I posted about a homestuck panel in the main homestuck forum and there seemed to be some general interest in the idea. Plans so far are to have an "ask the characters" type panel, but other suggestions are welcome and should be posted here(Such as cosplay help, shipping wall, etc.)! I'll be doing my best to make this a thing that happens but Panel request forms have not been released yet for 2012(though I have emailed the staff about whether or not this is a possibility and am waiting for a reply)

In the meantime I'd like to get together a tentative list of cosplayers for the panel, please keep in mind that you will have to be in character and full cosplay(so no closet cosplays or anything of that sort!) If there are duplicates of people who wish to be the same character I can add you as a backup in case the original person can no longer participate. If you want to be a part of this panel PLEASE post to this thread as I will not be checking the other homestuck thread regularly and may miss your post!

I will be there as Tavros with robolegs(assuming this gets approved)

TENTATIVE LIST OF COSPLAYERS
KIDS
John-TheNightOfSpace
Jade-Zaverxi
Rose-diary-chan
Dave-Clearly-borderline on tumblr
Jane-SilverLullaby
Jake-Sidereal's friend MAYBE
Jake Backup: Misscookie(Fem)
Roxy-
Dirk-Siderealotaku

Karkat-Caroline
Aradia-Belle/HeroOfTime
Tavros-shrimpmuffin
Sollux-Wolf
Nepeta-Rikkamira
Kanaya-Loa's friend
Terezi-Aki--Tenraku
Vriska-Sondossa
Equius-
Gamzee-Loa
Gamzee backup: Asylum teaparty's friend
Eridan-Cassidy
Feferi-Miiaxra
-
Last edited by Shrimpmuffin on Sun Apr 22, 2012 7:40 pm, edited 13 times in total.
Shrimpmuffin
Citizen of Macross City

Re: Possible Homestuck panel 2012

Postby wolf » Fri Jan 20, 2012 11:56 am

I will for sure have Sollux with me, so I'd love to be a part of this!
I'm also possibly doing Vriska and it's looking like she'll be done for AZ and if so, I'm going to make her priority over Sollux, so if possible I'd like to be put down for Vriska/back up Vriska as well.
'13 Cosplays:
Thurs: nothing, I'm lazy~
Fri: Asuka - NGE 100%
Sat: Rikka - Chuu2
Sun: Yuno Gasai - Mirai Nikki
wolf
Elite Beat Agent

Postby Loa » Fri Jan 20, 2012 12:26 pm

I would love to be the gamzee :)
And my friend, whose user name is Rikkamira, would like to be Nepeta... I've spoken to her about it and she's thrilled. I'll try to see if i can contact her and get her on a computer for a minute, but she lost her phone...
Loa
Citizen of Macross City

Postby Shrimpmuffin » Fri Jan 20, 2012 1:01 pm

Updated the list to include you folks! Storm brought up a point in the main thread that there is a brony panel, so if that can be created then we should have no trouble with our homestucking :)
Shrimpmuffin
Citizen of Macross City

Postby Zaverxi » Sat Jan 21, 2012 11:04 am

I figured I should post here too as well since I'm on the list, hahaha.

Aside from finishing touches on my hood, I have completed Dog Tier Jade. :)

Just need to attach the white buttons and make the bottom of the hood go across my shoulders. I have an old black tshirt I can cut to modify that.

woof
AZ 2013 vague ideas
Yukiko Amagi (Persona 4)
Zebstrika Gijinka
Jaspers (Homestuck)
Trickster Jaspers (Homestuck)
Human Gatomon (Digimon)
Zaverxi
Ectobiologist

Postby Sondossa » Sat Jan 21, 2012 3:28 pm

/poofs in

Heeey, this was in talks on tumblr. I'd happy to host or help host.

I would wear Vriska but if Wolf is going to be Vriska, I can bring Roxy.
animazement 2013 cosplay
|| meenah peixes || junko enoshima || tbd ||
Sondossa
Faceless Minion of Big Fire

Postby Shrimpmuffin » Sat Jan 21, 2012 10:08 pm

Sondossa, I'll add you as Roxy and if you like I can put you as backup Vriska. Also I think I've seen you before! You organized the draw party at ichiban right? I was god tier jade earlier that day and gave you the drawing on the notecard at the draw party haha
Shrimpmuffin
Citizen of Macross City

Postby wolf » Sat Jan 21, 2012 11:40 pm

Sondossa wrote:/poofs in

Heeey, this was in talks on tumblr. I'd happy to host or help host.

I would wear Vriska but if Wolf is going to be Vriska, I can bring Roxy.

Go ahead and do Vriska.
I'll just bring Sollux for the panel! (Sorry to make you change it again. orz)
'13 Cosplays:
wolf
Elite Beat Agent

Postby Shrimpmuffin » Sat Jan 21, 2012 11:55 pm

Wolf-It's fine I don't mind at all haha! Glad we have both characters now though!
Sondossa-sdkfjs whoops forgot to address the hosting bit, I'd definitely appreciate help with hosting! Right now all we can really do is get people together for this, but the help will be much needed as we draw closer.
Shrimpmuffin
Citizen of Macross City

Postby Zaverxi » Sun Jan 22, 2012 6:25 pm

What would hosting entail? Because I can sit up at the front too if you like. :D
AZ 2013 vague ideas
Yukiko Amagi (Persona 4)
Zebstrika Gijinka
Jaspers (Homestuck)
Human Gatomon (Digimon)
Zaverxi
Ectobiologist

Postby Sondossa » Mon Jan 23, 2012 1:16 am

Shrimpmuffin wrote:Sondossa, I'll add you as Roxy and if you like I can put you as backup Vriska. Also I think I've seen you before! You organized the draw party at ichiban right? I was god tier jade earlier that day and gave you the drawing on the notecard at the draw party haha

Yes yes, that was me! I still have the drawing! But yes thank you and you were so awesome!

wolf wrote:Go ahead and do Vriska.
I'll just bring Sollux for the panel! (Sorry to make you change it again. orz)

If you want to bring your Vriska cosplay feel free! I just don't know if I'll finish Roxy judging my procrastination skills.

Plus I want to see it when it's done. ouo It's gonna be so cash. (oh god what am I even saying?)
animazement 2013 cosplay
|| meenah peixes || junko enoshima || tbd ||
Sondossa
Faceless Minion of Big Fire

Postby Shrimpmuffin » Mon Jan 23, 2012 12:40 pm

Hosting is most likely just going to be helping get everyone in order, finding all of our cosplayers and aranging where they'll sit on stage beforehand. I'll probably make some little name cards for our participants once we have a set list, and then hosts will probably arrive right when the previous panel is getting out so we can set up quickly. My plan is to set everyone up front, on a stage if we can get one, with seats and hopefully tables to make it more comfortable for participants(if you've ever seen or been to an ask panel most have these). There will hopefully already be chairs set up in the panel room but if not we will have to set them up ourselves. So setup and cleanup will be part of the process, though neither should be too arduous. Also, I'm thinking maybe participants should meet up some time before the panel itself, maybe friday night or earlier on saturday just to make sure everyone's ready. All in all it won't be that much work and with luck everything will run smoothly! I've heard horror stories of bashers coming to homestuck panels in the past so just in case we should be prepared to ask politely for these people to leave. Mostly we just want a drama free, fun and interactive panel :)
Shrimpmuffin
Citizen of Macross City

Postby Zaverxi » Mon Jan 23, 2012 6:28 pm

Shrimpmuffin wrote:Hosting is most likely just going to be helping get everyone in order, finding all of our cosplayers and aranging where they'll sit on stage beforehand. I'll probably make some little name cards for our participants once we have a set list, and then hosts will probably arrive right when the previous panel is getting out so we can set up quickly. My plan is to set everyone up front, on a stage if we can get one, with seats and hopefully tables to make it more comfortable for participants(if you've ever seen or been to an ask panel most have these). There will hopefully already be chairs set up in the panel room but if not we will have to set them up ourselves. So setup and cleanup will be part of the process, though neither should be too arduous. Also, I'm thinking maybe participants should meet up some time before the panel itself, maybe friday night or earlier on saturday just to make sure everyone's ready. All in all it won't be that much work and with luck everything will run smoothly! I've heard horror stories of bashers coming to homestuck panels in the past so just in case we should be prepared to ask politely for these people to leave. Mostly we just want a drama free, fun and interactive panel :)

Well in that case sign me up for hosting, so long as it doesn't take place at the same time as cosplay chess. :)
AZ 2013 vague ideas
Yukiko Amagi (Persona 4)
Zebstrika Gijinka
Jaspers (Homestuck)
Human Gatomon (Digimon)
Zaverxi
Ectobiologist

Postby Shrimpmuffin » Tue Jan 24, 2012 9:13 am

Hey guys, my attention has been brought to this awesome tumblr post about panel hosting and if possible I would like for you all to read it, or at least skim over it http://homestuckcosplayhelp.tumblr.com/ ... -etiquette

It brings up some really good points about ask type panels and about crowd management, and also preparation for the panel. Once we have enough people signed up I would like to get together either an oovoo, skype, or google plus group so that we can video chat here and there just to check up on everyone's cosplay progress and test being in character with each other. If you're uncomfortable sharing your skype/etc. account with a lot of people we can just do a one-on-one thing but I think the group option will be more fun.
Shrimpmuffin
Citizen of Macross City

Postby wolf » Tue Jan 24, 2012 12:19 pm

Shrimpmuffin wrote:Hey guys, my attention has been brought to this awesome tumblr post about panel hosting and if possible I would like for you all to read it, or at least skim over it http://homestuckcosplayhelp.tumblr.com/ ... -etiquette

It brings up some really good points about ask type panels and about crowd management, and also preparation for the panel. Once we have enough people signed up I would like to get together either an oovoo, skype, or google plus group so that we can video chat here and there just to check up on everyone's cosplay progress and test being in character with each other. If you're uncomfortable sharing your skype/etc. account with a lot of people we can just do a one-on-one thing but I think the group option will be more fun.

That guide is fantastic! And can really be applied to any type of panel. I can tell you how many panels I've been to where things get outta hand pretty quickly, on both ends. The host comes in unprepared or people come in ad disrupt. It's not fun. >__>;

Though, the Skype thing sounds super awesome, I'm always on. xD
They guide
'13 Cosplays:
wolf
Elite Beat Agent

Postby Zaverxi » Tue Jan 24, 2012 5:41 pm

I wanna be Keeper. Jade would be perfect for that. :D I can tell you guys when it's TIME (heheheh) to move on. :)
AZ 2013 vague ideas
Yukiko Amagi (Persona 4)
Zebstrika Gijinka
Jaspers (Homestuck)
Human Gatomon (Digimon)
Zaverxi
Ectobiologist

Postby Loa » Tue Jan 24, 2012 10:00 pm

I can help too, if there's a need. I love planning things. If you want to have people with planted questions, the rest of my group MAY be able to help with that. (We kind of like to stick together, so I'm assuming they'll be there for the panel, or at least part of it.) And I'll ask our Kanaya, if she's interested in this, if she would like to answer as kan. She's slowly reading homestuck, but with how much we talk about it, she has a pretty good grasp on the characters and the story (especially after exams, i explained a lot about kan, and there's time between the con for her to read).
But anyway, that is a maybe. Seeing as there's a tavros already, our tav can plant questions. As well as the girl cosplaying as feferi in our group(if she's up to it), and I think two other non-homestuck friends?
That is, IF you want people in the crowd just in case, which i think would be a good idea, and IF they agree to it.
Sorry if that made no sense at all, i've been up for too long, so i'm extremely tiered. If it did, well that's a miracle x.x
Loa
Citizen of Macross City

Postby siderealotaku » Thu Jan 26, 2012 8:16 pm

If the above poster's Kanaya doesn't want to be in the panel, I would also be willing to answer as Kanaya. If not, I could be either Dirk or Dirk's Auto-Responder (yes, I cosplay glasses) depending on which you would prefer. I also have a friend who is cosplaying Jake who MIGHT be interested.
siderealotaku
Shonen Bat Victim

Postby Loa » Thu Jan 26, 2012 8:46 pm

Well, our Kanaya's a go.
But I think Dirk would be a great addition. It'd be sad if Jade was our only kid D:>
Also: about the tumblr link, my friends and I think that the the "character cards" and "action cards" deal sounded really fun, and could be a good back up, just in case the questions and answer deal starts getting slow.
Loa
Citizen of Macross City

Postby siderealotaku » Sun Jan 29, 2012 10:04 am

Well I can definitely be Dirk if you need a Dirk, and I'll talk to my friend who will be cosplaying Jake and see if he will help out too
siderealotaku
Shonen Bat Victim

Next

Return to Everything Panels