• It is currently Thu Apr 24, 2014 3:27 pm

Sign In

User menu

FAQ
Register
Login
Animazement Fan Forum

Possible Homestuck panel 2012

Got an idea for a panel? Want to know what others think? Need to give a shout out to panel staff? Come on in!

Moderators: Macross-Junkie, Kurotsubasa

Re: Possible Homestuck panel 2012

Postby Zaverxi » Sun Jan 29, 2012 12:02 pm

Loa wrote:Well, our Kanaya's a go.
But I think Dirk would be a great addition. It'd be sad if Jade was our only kid D:>
Also: about the tumblr link, my friends and I think that the the "character cards" and "action cards" deal sounded really fun, and could be a good back up, just in case the questions and answer deal starts getting slow.

I agree, the cards idea sounds really fun! Just make sure the actions are suitable for a 13 year old audience. Also, we could make special cards that would involve the panelists doing actions with each other in pre-rehearsed settings. Say, the character cards have a star on them or something, it could be either the attendee doing the action, or they could opt for the panelist to do it instead. It'd be bonus due to the fact that the panelists will be dressed up as said characters rather than just acting it out.

And other kids beside me would be great. :D
AZ 2013 vague ideas
Yukiko Amagi (Persona 4)
Zebstrika Gijinka
Jaspers (Homestuck)
Trickster Jaspers (Homestuck)
Human Gatomon (Digimon)
Zaverxi
Ectobiologist

Postby Shrimpmuffin » Sun Jan 29, 2012 6:38 pm

Whoo, sorry for not being on the last few days

Everyone-Ok so skype group is gonna happen just not until we can get confirmation that the panel itself can happen. On that note if anyone knows about submitting fan panels please tell me, at the moment the only info I can find is about 2011 panels so I'm thinking they just haven't updated it yet, but if I am missing something don't hesitate to tell me.

Zaverxi-Great! A keeper is very much needed and oh man, I can already tell you'll be a fantastic Jade! As far as the stared cards go that seems similar to planted questions, so we'll probably just have pre-rehearsed things in that way to keep things simple. Also while I like the idea of the audience acting it out, there's no way to know who will be cosplaying what in there, and from that tumblr post they warned a few times about not letting the audience steal the spotlight because then things can get out of control. So probably we'll just stick to the panelists doing the actions because lets admit it, our fandom can get a little crazy! And no worries, all cards will be PG(maybe PG-13 if you consider sloppy makeouts haha))

Loa-I definitely like the planted questions idea, we'll have a few ready if we can. The character/action cards seemed really neat to me too, I'll start making a list of actions and characters to write on note cards! About how many do you think we'll need? I guess it depends on the number of seats in the room? Also I'll add your Kanaya to the list.

Siderealotaku-I'll add you as Dirk! I'll add your friend as a maybe if you'd like but keep in mind everyone who's listing a friend, when we start the skype group I will NEED to see their cosplay progress. It will be mandatory!!!
Shrimpmuffin
Citizen of Macross City

Postby Loa » Sun Jan 29, 2012 7:09 pm

I would say I'm almost done with my cosplay? Save for the dots on the pants... but i can't sew :S so whenever our little group gets together, one of my friends will have to do that for me.
As well as skin paint. We haven't ordered that either. But I hope to by the end of this week.
and then just a few tweaks to things here and there.
really hope we'll be able to get this panel :)
Loa
Citizen of Macross City

Postby wolf » Sun Jan 29, 2012 7:13 pm

Shrimpmuffin wrote: On that note if anyone knows about submitting fan panels please tell me, at the moment the only info I can find is about 2011 panels so I'm thinking they just haven't updated it yet, but if I am missing something don't hesitate to tell me.

People on Facebook keep telling me submissions are either Feb. 1st or the first week of Feb. It'll be posted on the main page of the website. I'm also submitting a panel, so as soon as I know I'll be sure to let you know!

and my Sollux is 100% complete.
'13 Cosplays:
Thurs: nothing, I'm lazy~
Fri: Asuka - NGE 100%
Sat: Rikka - Chuu2
Sun: Yuno Gasai - Mirai Nikki
wolf
Elite Beat Agent

Postby Zaverxi » Sun Jan 29, 2012 8:40 pm

Well what are we going to title this panel? We'd need to know that before submitting, right?

I suggest this:

[S] Animazementstuck: Flirtlarp

....because we all know this is how it's gonna end. XD

And Homestuck fans will immediately recognize this title due to the pattern of it, and hopefully flirtlarp will make people curious as to what exactly will happen. :)

I do like the idea of rehearsed actions, so we're only going to have character names of those participating in the panel for sure? That'd be great. Although if we do have duplicates in the audience we could always ask them if they'd like to act it out instead so we could have some participation without letting it get too out of hand.

In other news I ordered green contact lenses because the glasses I'm gonna wear for Jade are actually, uh... Harry Potter prop glasses lol.

And I disliked how my hood turned out so far as how it goes around my shoulders, so I ordered a hooded tshirt online and I'm just gonna wear that underneath it.
AZ 2013 vague ideas
Yukiko Amagi (Persona 4)
Zebstrika Gijinka
Jaspers (Homestuck)
Human Gatomon (Digimon)
Zaverxi
Ectobiologist

Postby Shrimpmuffin » Sun Jan 29, 2012 9:03 pm

Loa:Awesome! I can't wait to see! Haha I still have a lot to do on mine, my wig and makeup are ordered but haven't come in yet and I'm only around halfway done with the robolegs UvU

Wolf: Excellent, thank you for this info I will be HOUNDING the homepage come February

Zaverxi: I like that a lot but my only worry is that it will be too long. Maybe shorten it to [S] Animazementstuck or [S] Flirtlarp? Or even just [S] FLARP since that's simple and short. I definitely want to use the flash title format idea though, really good suggestion! And yes, probably just characters we know are participating. Again, gotta keep it simple, especially since this is a brand new panel for this con. Can't wait to see your cosplay! Post pics if you want to!
Shrimpmuffin
Citizen of Macross City

Postby Zaverxi » Sun Jan 29, 2012 9:23 pm

[S] Flirtlarp would be best since FLARP is a troll thing and poor Jade and poor Dirk can't participate. ;D Anyone can flirtlarp though!

And I found this, though it says for last year. I'm assuming it'll be a similar deadline for this year. http://animazement.org/fan-panel-policies/
AZ 2013 vague ideas
Yukiko Amagi (Persona 4)
Zebstrika Gijinka
Jaspers (Homestuck)
Human Gatomon (Digimon)
Zaverxi
Ectobiologist

Postby Shrimpmuffin » Sun Jan 29, 2012 9:51 pm

Yeah we'll see if anyone else suggests anything but most likely we'll go with [S] Flirtlarp! And yes that's the only info I saw but considering they moved the Artist's Alley deadline back by a month or two then very likely the panels will be the same way. I think they're trying to get everything figured out way in advance this year.
Shrimpmuffin
Citizen of Macross City

Postby wolf » Wed Feb 01, 2012 10:48 pm

Heya, just poppin' in to say if you haven't seen it yet the panel submission forms are up
http://animazement.org/panel-form/
'13 Cosplays:
wolf
Elite Beat Agent

Postby Shrimpmuffin » Wed Feb 01, 2012 11:39 pm

Thank you for notifying me!! I've applied and made the application as good as I possibly could(I had others check it for me too just to be sure of no typos and clarity!) So at this point the most we can do is wait and hope for the best! If we do get approved I will set this thing into motion full force and try to make this a memorable panel so that we can do it more than just this once! If not, well, we'll all get to hang out at photoshoots anyway, and maybe I'll host a draw party instead if there isn't already one in the works.
Shrimpmuffin
Citizen of Macross City

Postby wolf » Thu Feb 02, 2012 1:02 am

Shrimpmuffin wrote:Thank you for notifying me!! I've applied and made the application as good as I possibly could(I had others check it for me too just to be sure of no typos and clarity!) So at this point the most we can do is wait and hope for the best! If we do get approved I will set this thing into motion full force and try to make this a memorable panel so that we can do it more than just this once! If not, well, we'll all get to hang out at photoshoots anyway, and maybe I'll host a draw party instead if there isn't already one in the works.

Not a problem! (:
I am so looking forward to this panel, so I'm really hoping you/we get accepted. I was going to suggest a meetup or something like that had it gotten turned down.
Also, what times/days did you ask for? I'm scared to death this is going to be scheduled at the time mine is.
'13 Cosplays:
wolf
Elite Beat Agent

Postby Shrimpmuffin » Thu Feb 02, 2012 1:22 am

Wolf: I asked for any time Saturday, and specified that if at all possible it should not be during big events(and even stated cosplay chess in particular to avoid)

I've been asked now to associate homestuck with Manga/Anime as the staff seems open to the panel but would like for me to show how it would fit in with this convention(understandable!) So wish me luck with writing what I hope will be the best essay ever on comparing Homestuck and Manga!
Shrimpmuffin
Citizen of Macross City

Postby Sondossa » Thu Feb 02, 2012 5:58 pm

Whoops, here I am late to the party again!

Again, if you need any help my partner in crime/friend (who isn't the forums and will most likely be cosplaying Terezi, Dirk and/or Snowman)and I have hosted panels since I don't even know when.

And we've both had to take on "the enforcer" role too many times, haha.

But if you're worried about scheduling clashing, you can always re-email whoever is in charge of scheduling and let them know that one of the participants has another panel. That's all. C:

Also Homestuck can be cosplay related or comic related and the comic itself does make so many references to anime. Afterall, Andrew Hussie does spiritually communicate with the animes.
animazement 2013 cosplay
|| meenah peixes || junko enoshima || tbd ||
Sondossa
Faceless Minion of Big Fire

Postby Shrimpmuffin » Thu Feb 02, 2012 6:52 pm

I would definitely appreciate you guys helping with enforcing. I think I could manage it, but not in character!(seeing as I'll be Tavros...)

Anyways I've sent the staff an email that contained what I personally think was a fantastic essay on why homestuck might as well be an anime, so we'll see what happens next! I'll be sure to keep you all updated!
Shrimpmuffin
Citizen of Macross City

Postby Sondossa » Thu Feb 02, 2012 8:54 pm

"i WOULD,,UH,,APPRECIATE IT IF YOU GUYS SAT DOWN"

Hey, my friend who may or not be there might wanna bring some baked goods like edible chalk or troll horns or some sort of Homestuck-themed cookies or cake.

Do you want to give away cookies or little candies to panel attendees?
animazement 2013 cosplay
|| meenah peixes || junko enoshima || tbd ||
Sondossa
Faceless Minion of Big Fire

Postby wolf » Thu Feb 02, 2012 9:04 pm

I'm good at telling people what to do, so if things get out of hand, I will definitely stop it before it gets too bad. :u

Alas, I shall shoot staff an e-mail about that scheduling conflict to let them know~
I can't believe I forgot to mention it.
'13 Cosplays:
wolf
Elite Beat Agent

Postby Shrimpmuffin » Fri Feb 03, 2012 3:17 pm

Sondossa: Good suggestion! I've been practicing my Tav voice when nobody is listening heh. If we get approved we can practice with everyone in a voice chat(since i'm pretty sure as long as you're not using video you can have multiple people without a subscription)

As for door prizes that sounds awesome! I was hoping to maybe draw a few things to give out as well, maybe we can tape things on the bottom of a few of the seats and at the end have them look and see if they got a prize? That would be really cool though!

Wolf: Excellent excellent, thank you! And yes we'll definitely try to schedule around your thing. Do you know what time your other panel is? Because knowing that will help a lot with our own scheduling.
Shrimpmuffin
Citizen of Macross City

Postby Loa » Fri Feb 03, 2012 5:08 pm

I can make pies for winners too :T it's actually pretty good...
And faygo, too, if they want it.
Loa
Citizen of Macross City

Postby wolf » Sat Feb 04, 2012 7:55 pm

Shrimpmuffin wrote:Wolf: Excellent excellent, thank you! And yes we'll definitely try to schedule around your thing. Do you know what time your other panel is? Because knowing that will help a lot with our own scheduling.

Not a problem. xD;;
I asked for a two hour panel. Friday I selected 5pm-midnight, and Saturday I picked Noon-5pm and 5pm-Midnight. Hopefully, they'll give me the midnight times or a little bit before.
'13 Cosplays:
wolf
Elite Beat Agent

Postby Miiaxra » Sun Feb 05, 2012 6:00 pm

Oh I'm late.
I've been voiceacting fef for a while, so I think I'm set!!!

Also, I'm using my actual hair for Feferi, is that bad? //Finishing the rest of the cosplay!

I also love the idea of a big skype convo, it sounds nice C8

My friend also MIGHT be Terezi!!
Do you think she could maybe be the Terezi in the panel? c:
Miiaxra
Shonen Bat Victim

PreviousNext

Return to Everything Panels