• It is currently Wed Apr 23, 2014 6:31 am

Sign In

User menu

FAQ
Register
Login
Animazement Fan Forum

Artist Alley Space and Selection Process

Gifted with artistic ability or just wanting to collect some great works of art? This is the section for you!

Moderator: BobGuy

Artist Alley Space and Selection Process

Postby blahmayne910 » Mon Feb 06, 2012 8:28 pm

I just received my e-mail on me not making the cut for A.A. this year. I had a table last year and my products were pretty popular. I'm scratching my head because they were encouraging people to apply because they wanted to open a big showroom but now they are full and there's a waiting list. Just wondering what the criteria was as well for the selection. Seems like a lot was different this time of year.
blahmayne910
Shonen Bat Victim

Re: Artist Alley Space and Selection Process

Postby Hiryuu » Mon Feb 06, 2012 8:48 pm

I'm not anyone official, but the AZ artist alley is juried. That being said, they take all the applicants, usually divide them into categories (prints, crafters, etc) and then pick certain amounts from each category. They don't go strictly based on if you're a veteran or not, they just pick based on your portfolio generally. They try to get new faces every year, and it's possible that some 5-7 year veterans didn't get in to allow new faces (or else the alley would become stale). So really, it just adds up to if you had something to diversify you and make you really stand out against other applicants.
Is a tired tired panda!
Hiryuu
Faceless Minion of Big Fire

Re: Artist Alley Space and Selection Process

Postby BobGuy » Tue Feb 07, 2012 8:48 am

blahmayne910 wrote:I just received my e-mail on me not making the cut for A.A. this year. I had a table last year and my products were pretty popular. I'm scratching my head because they were encouraging people to apply because they wanted to open a big showroom but now they are full and there's a waiting list. Just wondering what the criteria was as well for the selection. Seems like a lot was different this time of year.

I'm going to address this further in the other thread, but to quickly sum it up. We WANT the larger showroom, but that is a future goal. Until demand grows to a level we can afford to go to it.

Until then, we have under 50 tables, and over 190 applications. We lost over 20 tables from last year, and gained 40+ applications. The math just sucks.
Artists Alley moderator
BobGuy
Mahou Otaku Pretty Fanservice

Return to Artist Alley