• It is currently Wed Apr 16, 2014 12:23 pm

Sign In

User menu

FAQ
Register
Login
Animazement Fan Forum

Nerdy Lolita Fashion 2012- ACCEPTED

Got an idea for a panel? Want to know what others think? Need to give a shout out to panel staff? Come on in!

Moderators: Macross-Junkie, Kurotsubasa

Nerdy Lolita Fashion 2012- ACCEPTED

Postby meiki » Wed Feb 15, 2012 1:56 am

I just submitted my panel form, so I thought I'd talk a bit about it here and see if there's anything in particular anyone is interested in hearing about. I did the Lolita on a Budget panel last year, which went over very well I think! And also the sadly moved Lolita Social that I think went okay despite the circumstances (long story short there was a major family crisis, I'm so so grateful to the panel staff for being so gracious in moving the panel time) I've also done some Lolita 101 panels in the past, but this year I thought I'd do something a little crazy and different.

I started this tumblr: http://fyeahnerdylolitas.tumblr.com a little while ago and ever since I've been obsessed with finding new and interesting ways to combine my nerdy loves with lolita fashion without it looking too ridiculous or straying too far from the fashion's general guidelines.

It's a bit of a mixed subject among lolitas, a lot of girls really love the idea and quite a few think it's too costumey or weird. But I think it's an interesting topic, and it should be pretty well suited for a convention!

I'll be talking about different ways to do this. Namely casual lolita with nerdy t-shirts, handmade lolita with either premade or custom printed fabrics, and using colors, shapes, and accessories to match a particular character or show.

So...I hope this sounds interesting! If you think there's anything in particular you'd like me to talk about, totally let me know! I'm always open for suggestions.
Last edited by meiki on Sat May 12, 2012 10:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
meiki
Citizen of Macross City

Re: Nerdy Lolita Fashion 2012

Postby Shenanagan » Wed Feb 15, 2012 8:36 am

This sounds really cool! And I remember hearing about the Lolita on a budget panel, I really wanted to go :D I did see it on your site though, very informative! I hope to try seeing this panel, and that we can get a Lolita meet together as well!
Shenanagan
Shinsengumi Veteran

Postby Marzipan » Wed Feb 15, 2012 11:05 am

I think it's an inspired idea. Go for it girl! :3
Join the very much UNofficial Animazement FB group!<3

Marzipan
Photoshoot Coordinator
Photoshoot Coordinator

Postby meiki » Thu Feb 23, 2012 3:48 pm

Thanks for your support you guys :D I'm excited to put everything together.

I think a meet up would be really nice, but with so many restaurants in the area closed on the weekend it might be kind of difficult :C I wish one of the hotels had high tea, that would make everything so much easier!
meiki
Citizen of Macross City

Postby Vampireskiss » Fri Feb 24, 2012 4:01 am

my bff and I will check this out for sure :3
Because I'm one hell of a butler.
AZ11 Yuki cross vampire knight
AZ12 Ikuto Shugo chara
AZ13 female Neko thursday and sunday
AZ13 L DEATH NOTE friday
AZ13 AppleJack MLP Saturday
AZ14 ???
Vampireskiss
Mysterious Sentai Warrior

Re: Nerdy Lolita Fashion 2012- ACCEPTED

Postby meiki » Sat May 12, 2012 10:49 pm

This panel has been accepted! The panel time is Sunday from 4-5. I hope everyone can make it : D I've been getting the presentation together and I think it's looking great thus far!
meiki
Citizen of Macross City

Return to Everything Panels