• It is currently Sat Apr 19, 2014 11:11 pm

Sign In

User menu

FAQ
Register
Login
Animazement Fan Forum

Animazement's Got Talent!

Got an idea for a panel? Want to know what others think? Need to give a shout out to panel staff? Come on in!

Moderators: Macross-Junkie, Kurotsubasa

Do you think this would be a fun panel?

Yes
94%
No
6%

Total votes : 16

Animazement's Got Talent!

Postby Aoi » Sun Jan 15, 2012 5:24 pm

Hey, everyone! If you're a part of the Animazement group over on Facebook, you may have seen some discussion on a panel that will tentatively be called "Animazement's Got Talent!" I think the name should be pretty self-explanatory if you're familiar with the show "America's Got Talent!" - simply put, it's an audition-based show where people present talents to three judges and are praised or criticized for said talent. Almost like American Idol, but with stuff that is cooler than singing.

That said, we want to bring something like this to AZ this year. Obviously, it would be impossible to do on a full scale, but we want to at least try a smaller version of it this year to start. Something like the preliminary rounds of AGT, and then we may award prizes at the end without having to do several rounds of elimination like they do on the TV show.

The important thing here is that it will all be done in character. I will be one of the judges, as will Michael Lawson (you guys should know him from the AZ Facebook group!) and one other (I don't remember who, sorry!), and our MC will be Bish Lawson, Michael's wife. We'll all be in cosplay and in character (the guy who thinks everyone sucks, the guy who hits on every female thing that moves, and then the kindly female who feels bad about being mean to people), and so we want YOU to be, too. That means that, in order to be considered, you have to present yourself as the character and present a talent AS that character. So if your character is one that can't sing, don't bring us a karaoke machine and expect us to roll with it. Or if your character is in a wheelchair. Don't dance. Even if you're not completely familiar with the show (we probably won't be), do a bit of research on them and pretend it's like a giant LARP stage. Except...it needs to stay small. I've never run a panel before (actually, I've never actually BEEN to a panel before.../cough) and so I don't know what space is available and the setup we may or may not have. So it can't be like those kids who drive around on motorcycles inside a metal ball, or the guys on stunt bikes who fly around with flames coming off their heads. Nothing crazy. But I would like to encourage you to be creative! Match your character as best you can - you don't HAVE to be perfect. That's the point, to present your character, who could be a total loser, and show THEM trying to be awesome, but maybe they're not. Give us a show - something for us to work with. We're all going to be actors here, participants and judges alike. We need something, some kind of material, to play off one another.

We want this to work by requiring applications to participate, so we can work on our own acts ahead of time - i.e., how to react to certain characters, especially if we're from the same show! We haven't quite gotten a form together, but we also would like to make sure that this is approved before we go out looking for people and then have to cancel if it's not approved.

One more thing - if you're familiar with the show, yes, we WILL be acting like the judges do (to an extent). This means that if you're sensitive to "insults" (critiques, we call them), then we advise that you stay away from this. But do know that we are never, EVER insulting YOU as a person, but the way your character acts. This is extremely important, because we don't need anyone coming crying to us later telling us how terrible we are and that we should die horrible deaths.

What I'm asking for right now is input from everyone else. I've only discussed this with a few other people, and they seem to have arrived at the same consensus as me, but we seem to think alike anyway, so that doesn't get us anywhere. What do you all think of the idea, for starters? And what things would you like to see? What should we not do? Are YOU interested in participating?

Contact me here by posting or PMing me, and you can find me in the AZ group on Facebook as Kelsey Northup. Have fun!
Aoi
Citizen of Macross City

Re: Animazement's Got Talent!

Postby kenshintomoe225 » Sun Jan 15, 2012 9:07 pm

Thanks for heading this up Kelsey (Michael here). I find it to be a fabulous idea, and a great way for me to express my facebook feelings to folks in reality.

Folks I do want to ensure everyone knows this is for fun only. I'm not the biggest fan of reality television, but this could be a lot of fun and I highly recommend applying.
on.fb.me/thencbronies
kenshintomoe225
Low Ranking MACROSS Member

Postby Hyoban » Mon Jan 16, 2012 12:58 am

Hey, I'm totally going to enter this. Put me down as Grey Fullbuster from Fairy Tail.
Cosplays:
Soarin - MLP:FiM - 10%
Arakune - Blazblue - 60% (Need a new mask)
Gray - Fairy Tail - 100%
Young Simon - Gurren Lagann - 110%
Dr. Horrible - Dr. Horrible - Retired
Zakuro-Sama - Saiyuki Reload - Retired
Sasori - Naruto - Retired
Hyoban

Postby Aoi » Mon Jan 16, 2012 1:36 am

Annnnd what's your talent, Grey? :P
Aoi
Citizen of Macross City

Postby Shenanagan » Tue Jan 17, 2012 1:41 pm

This sounds like it would be a super fun panel! :D I would totally enter if it gets accepted.
Shenanagan
Shinsengumi Veteran

Postby redshinigamieyes » Tue Jan 17, 2012 3:20 pm

this sounds like a lot of fun to watch to :3
2013 Cosplays

Thursday: Moka Akashiya (dance outfit)
Friday: Pokemon Trainer, Nanael-Queens Blade
Kanu-Ikkitousen, Mika Ito-Bible Black
Sunday: Moka-Rosario+Vampire
https://www.facebook.com/DestinyCosWorks
http://destinycosplay.deviantart.com/
redshinigamieyes

Postby Quicksilver95 » Sat Jan 21, 2012 2:26 pm

Oh yes sign me up for this. Kaito from the Character Vocal Series. Talent Ocarina Playing.
Cosplays for AZ 15:
I am working on:
Kaito: 100%

I want for future AZ's
Sosuke Aizen: 18%
Link: 0%
Ikasoruk Ogihci: 0%
Kisame Hoshigaki: 15%

Quicksilver95
Newest Host in Ouran High School

Postby Aoi » Sat Jan 21, 2012 5:01 pm

Kaito plays the ocarina? o^o
Aoi
Citizen of Macross City

Postby Quicksilver95 » Sat Jan 21, 2012 5:49 pm

Yep or at least he does when I cosplay him. X3. Or he can just sing but I perfer to play the Ocarina.
Cosplays for AZ 15:
I am working on:

I want for future AZ's

Quicksilver95

Postby Aoi » Sat Jan 21, 2012 6:27 pm

Wellll that's part of the point, to exhibit the CHARACTER'S talent, not just yours.
Aoi
Citizen of Macross City

Postby Quicksilver95 » Sat Jan 21, 2012 6:47 pm

Eh true oh well If I can get my link Cosplay together then I'd have to do link, but I really don't know...
Cosplays for AZ 15:
I am working on:

I want for future AZ's

Quicksilver95

Postby RoyTheFlamboyant » Sun Jan 22, 2012 3:13 am

Sounds pretty boss. Hope you get the panel! I'll definitely enter if you do. c:
RoyTheFlamboyant! The proud leader of The Roytards, Smash and fighting game crew of NC, since 2005!

Long live NC Smash!
RoyTheFlamboyant
Shonen Bat Victim

Postby fadedxxlovesong » Mon Jan 23, 2012 2:04 pm

Ahhh if my Sora cosplay wasn't 4 years old and still fit I would totally sing one of the horrible songs from Atlantica in KH2 lol.

Buuut for this year, I'll just be Aqua, Kairi and Xion.

The only talent idea I can think of is Kairi's talent of kidding kidnapped, lols. But I'll definitely be there to watch! It sounds really fun.
AZ 14
Thursday: Masquerade ball version of Kairi
Friday:KH2 Kairi & Kyoko Sakura from Madoka Magica
Saturday: KH3D Sora
Sunday: Gou from Free!
fadedxxlovesong
Mahou Otaku Pretty Fanservice

Postby Aoi » Mon Jan 23, 2012 3:49 pm

Atlantica Sora songs would be beyond amazing. Maybe if you got a Terra and Ven you could do a trio and sing something anyway xD
Aoi
Citizen of Macross City

Postby Hyoban » Thu Feb 09, 2012 1:05 am

Sorry about taking so long to reply, had to check on the possibility. But my plan is to contact juggle as Gray, and I'll have light blue acrylic balls that will hopefully look like ice, just for this. Also, since it's Gray, stripping will be involved.
Cosplays:
Soarin - MLP:FiM - 10%
Arakune - Blazblue - 60% (Need a new mask)
Gray - Fairy Tail - 100%
Young Simon - Gurren Lagann - 110%
Dr. Horrible - Dr. Horrible - Retired
Zakuro-Sama - Saiyuki Reload - Retired
Sasori - Naruto - Retired
Hyoban

Postby Aoi » Thu Feb 09, 2012 9:32 am

Bahahaha that's going to be awesome!

Everyone - I submitted the panel, so I'm crossing my fingers it'll get approved! Send in submissions! We'll be accepting them up until the second week before AZ. :)
Aoi
Citizen of Macross City

Postby kaiser_forsaken » Wed Feb 15, 2012 9:48 pm

Good luck. Sounds like an AWESOME panel, but none of my talents are indoor/Amazement friendly.
AZ 2014: Gambit (X-treme X-men), Kirito (Sword Art Online), other costumes TBD
kaiser_forsaken
Gotei 13 Captain

Postby Aoi » Thu Feb 16, 2012 12:07 am

Oh my god if you did something as Jayne... <3
Aoi
Citizen of Macross City

Postby kaiser_forsaken » Thu Feb 16, 2012 11:23 pm

Like point a gun at a guy I'm with or shoot 'em in the kneecap? Cause I can do that. Awkward public speaking. Check. Drunkenly singing ballads with absolutely no talent. Double check. Shooting. Throwing Knives. Choking People.

Come to think of it I do share a number of talents with Jayne. Again, none of them Animazement friendly. >_<
AZ 2014: Gambit (X-treme X-men), Kirito (Sword Art Online), other costumes TBD
kaiser_forsaken
Gotei 13 Captain

Postby Aoi » Fri Feb 17, 2012 10:38 am

You could totally sing The Man They Call Jayne. That would be amazing.
Aoi
Citizen of Macross City

Next

Return to Everything Panels