• It is currently Fri Apr 18, 2014 11:42 am

Sign In

User menu

FAQ
Register
Login
Animazement Fan Forum

Possible Homestuck panel 2012

Got an idea for a panel? Want to know what others think? Need to give a shout out to panel staff? Come on in!

Moderators: Macross-Junkie, Kurotsubasa

Re: Possible Homestuck panel 2012

Postby MissCookie » Wed Feb 29, 2012 8:41 pm

I can be Jake (though it would be fem!Jake) as a backup in case the other Jake can't do it. Unless we can have both...
AZ '13 Cosplays:

Timmy Turner - Fairly Odd Parents
A6I4!Jane Crocker - Homestuck
Kururi Orihara - Durarara!!
Adult!Ib - Ib

http://xin-my-darkest-hourx.deviantart.com/
http://queencookieboo.tumblr.com/
MissCookie
Low Ranking MACROSS Member

Postby Sondossa » Wed Mar 07, 2012 5:25 pm

Are there any updates on whether or not this panel is possible or not (considering it's not directly related to anime or Japanese culture)?

I'd really love for it to happen.
animazement 2013 cosplay
|| meenah peixes || junko enoshima || tbd ||
Sondossa
Faceless Minion of Big Fire

Postby Shrimpmuffin » Wed Mar 07, 2012 10:19 pm

Hey guys, sorry for being away for awhile.

Sondossa: I'll be putting together a skype group either when whe get confirmation about the panel OR at the beginning of April, whichever comes first. Even if the panel ends up not working out, it would still be nice to keep everyone motivated to work on cosplay that way :) But in the mean time, I haven't heard back from staff yet, though i sent them my reasoning quite awhile ago. It does say on the site though that they often times don't state which panels have gotten in until early May, so we may have awhile to wait :(

Zaverxi: Sounds like you've already got a good idea of her! My suggestions to anyone is to just remember how their character interacts with others in the comic and go based off of that~ So I guess just friendly with mostly everyone, but if anyone starts being rude she'd get upset at them! To me she just seems like the sort of girl who's exciting but wants everyone to be friends with everyone, but interpret her as best you see fit.

MissCookie: I'll add you as backup, though I think we'll just be sticking to one of each character to keep things from getting too complicated. It's already going to be pretty crowded up on stage with so many trolls and kids haha.
Shrimpmuffin
Citizen of Macross City

Postby Miiaxra » Sun Mar 11, 2012 4:40 pm

My friend sadly cannot be Terezi because she decided that she didn't want to come. :c
I'm begging my mom to take me at least one day to Animazement (because it's really expensive!) so I decided to come the day of the panel and save up tons of money. c:
Miiaxra
Shonen Bat Victim

Postby Asylum Teaparty » Sun Mar 11, 2012 7:57 pm

My friend Garret would very much like to be Gamzee, if y'all need a backup

He's a male and has a pretty spot on Gamzee voice. Both sober and high. His sober is actually pretty scary ;-;
Eridan: My Anti-Drug
Asylum Teaparty
Shonen Bat Victim

Postby Shrimpmuffin » Mon Mar 12, 2012 9:24 pm

Ah okay first and foremost I heard there were some rumors about the panel being denied. As of right now I have received no email accepting or denying us so unless someone knows where this is stated we are still in the running! Have hope!

miiaxra: Bummer to hear about your friend! I'll free up that space. then ;A; but yeah, conventions are pricey! (though worth it in my opinion)

Asylum: I'll put him as backup in case Loa is unable to do it~ Even if we don't need backup I definitely still want to hear his Gamzee voice!
Shrimpmuffin
Citizen of Macross City

Postby Sondossa » Mon Mar 12, 2012 11:09 pm

Shrimpmuffin wrote:Ah okay first and foremost I heard there were some rumors about the panel being denied. As of right now I have received no email accepting or denying us so unless someone knows where this is stated we are still in the running! Have hope!

miiaxra: Bummer to hear about your friend! I'll free up that space. then ;A; but yeah, conventions are pricey! (though worth it in my opinion)

Asylum: I'll put him as backup in case Loa is unable to do it~ Even if we don't need backup I definitely still want to hear his Gamzee voice!

Phew, we're still on!
animazement 2013 cosplay
Sondossa

Postby Shopcreeper » Tue Mar 13, 2012 1:47 am

Hey, i'm Asylum Teaparty friend i created a account so i could say hi and thank you for letting me be a back-up and cant wait to see you all there, also if you ever interested in hearing my Gamzee all you have to do "iS mOtHeRf***InG aSk :O) hOnK" lol not sure about cursing rules so i censored :O)
HoNk hOnK Image
Shopcreeper
Shonen Bat Victim

Postby Shrimpmuffin » Tue Mar 13, 2012 3:11 am

Oh hey there! I think unless something really unexpected comes up Loa will be able to do it but even so I'll look for you at the photoshoots! Since I'll be in Tavros cosplay saturday maybe we can bounce some sweet rhymes off of each other haha.
Shrimpmuffin
Citizen of Macross City

Postby MiRaClEfAyGo » Tue Mar 13, 2012 8:13 am

I might be able to be the grand highblood or grand highboob <:o)
MiRaClEfAyGo
Shonen Bat Victim

Postby Zaverxi » Tue Mar 13, 2012 8:21 pm

Shopcreeper wrote:Hey, i'm Asylum Teaparty friend i created a account so i could say hi and thank you for letting me be a back-up and cant wait to see you all there, also if you ever interested in hearing my Gamzee all you have to do "iS mOtHeRf***InG aSk :O) hOnK" lol not sure about cursing rules so i censored :O)

Hahaha it's a good thing there's no con rule for profanity or we'd never be allowed a Karkat.

Even Jade drops the f-bomb on multiple occasions... well, even if they are all aimed at Karkat.
AZ 2013 vague ideas
Yukiko Amagi (Persona 4)
Zebstrika Gijinka
Jaspers (Homestuck)
Trickster Jaspers (Homestuck)
Human Gatomon (Digimon)
Zaverxi
Ectobiologist

Postby Shrimpmuffin » Tue Mar 13, 2012 8:46 pm

Miraclefaygo: Ahh I'm sure you'd be amazing but I don't think we're going to include anyone but the main trolls and kids at this point. (And not even uu and UU since we don't know what they look like) Having ancestors, carapaces, etc. would be great but given that there's going to be limited space on stage(if we get a cosplayer for every main part, 20 people is a LOT) and also that we only have an hour for the panel if it does get accepted, I think it would complicate things too much. We're going to have to pull some strings to make sure every character gets asked a few questions, and 20 characters is already a ton. But man that makes me really excited that there will be a GHB at animazement! Gonna look out for you for sure!

Zaverxi: Is there no rule for profanity? That would be nice because then I wouldn't have to ask that we keep the **** to a minimum. If not, I didn't get us an 18+ panel(a lot of fans are under 18, me included) so we're going to have to try to curse slightly less haha. I think movie-rating wise though you can say **** as long as it's an explicative not sexual without it being R. Still, Karkat has a lot of really creative insults canonically that I think would be more humorous than just your usual "****"
Shrimpmuffin
Citizen of Macross City

Postby Zaverxi » Tue Mar 13, 2012 9:20 pm

There isn't a rule for profanity anywhere on the Animazement website, not in the code of conduct or anywhere else when I did a search of the site. I think even if there is, if it's in-character it would be allowed. After all, those reading Homestuck are exposed to the profanity already, so why censor ourselves if it's not true to the chars? I would ask ahead of time of course, but there is indeed no rule for it. I searched for 'profanity', 'curse' and 'swear' so unless there's another way to say it, there's no rule for it. The only thing it might fall under would be

4. Treat the Guests of Honor, convention staff, volunteers, and other attendees with respect.

But since we'd mainly be aiming whatever profanity present at each other with it being rehearsed, shouldn't be an issue. And I highly doubt Homestuck fans would mind Karkat swearing at them, or Gamzee calling them all motherf******.
AZ 2013 vague ideas
Yukiko Amagi (Persona 4)
Zebstrika Gijinka
Jaspers (Homestuck)
Human Gatomon (Digimon)
Zaverxi
Ectobiologist

Postby Sondossa » Wed Mar 14, 2012 4:57 am

Well, it depends on what age the panel is intended for on the form.

Usually they'll schedule you in the evening if your content is mature but not 18+ material.

But I agree, that if they're already reading Homestuck they should be used to the language (it's like when everyone found out that teen Mom/Roxy drank alcohol at 15 and most people were okay with it because what do you expect).
animazement 2013 cosplay
Sondossa

Postby wolf » Thu Mar 15, 2012 2:27 am

Shrimpmuffin wrote:Ah okay first and foremost I heard there were some rumors about the panel being denied. As of right now I have received no email accepting or denying us so unless someone knows where this is stated we are still in the running! Have hope!

As long as you haven't received an e-mail the panel's status is still in question. It's still going to be a while before that happens, though.

Anyways, my two cents on the cursing thing...
I think as long as the characters that canonly curse drop a swear now and then, here and there, it shouldn't be too much of a problem.
Since after all the cosplayer would be in character. :y
'13 Cosplays:
Thurs: nothing, I'm lazy~
Fri: Asuka - NGE 100%
Sat: Rikka - Chuu2
Sun: Yuno Gasai - Mirai Nikki
wolf
Elite Beat Agent

Postby Aki--Tenraku » Thu Mar 15, 2012 3:24 pm

Oh gosh, if its not too late yet I would LOVE to join in as Terezi!! I'll be in her normal outfit, you can see it on my tumblr here http://liberatingseer.tumblr.com/
http://liberatingseer.tumblr.com/

Animazement 2012 Cosplays
    Terezi Pyrope
    Aranea/PromStuck Aranea
    Human Vriska Serket
Aki--Tenraku
Shonen Bat Victim

Postby diary-chan » Wed Mar 28, 2012 1:26 pm

If a Rose is needed, I'd love to do it. ♥ would also be up for Skype test sessions :3
ladysassacre @ tumblr

AZ 2k13
definite: GT/starter/Pupa Pan/guardianswap Rose Lalondes / Mabel Pines
possible: Twilight Sparkle / Sango / Izumo Kamiki

Looking for AZ photographers & open to most ship photoshoots, just drop me a line!
diary-chan
Shonen Bat Victim

Postby Zaverxi » Wed Mar 28, 2012 11:07 pm

I'm really hoping the panel is approved, I'm even excited for the skype test sessions!

I've almost finished making my hood, I just need to sew on the little flaps for the ears and attach the buttons, and sew up the misplaced holes I originally had because they suck.
AZ 2013 vague ideas
Yukiko Amagi (Persona 4)
Zebstrika Gijinka
Jaspers (Homestuck)
Human Gatomon (Digimon)
Zaverxi
Ectobiologist

Postby Shrimpmuffin » Thu Mar 29, 2012 4:30 pm

Hey guys! April is approaching which means that we should know pretty soon whether or not our panel is accepted! Keep your fingers crossed! Also Fantasy-cosplay on tumblr will also be attempting to host a similar homestuck panel on a different day, which would be fantastic if both got accepted because then we'd be able to split the crowd a bit since I'm already unsure of whether or not we will have enough room for everyone.

@Zaverxi Yeah I think when it comes to profanity we can have a little bit but it should be strictly in character. Our Karkat is one of my friends and I've already talked to her about the whole cursing thing and we agreed that she's gonna keep the f*cks to a minimum and instead use some of Karkat's more creative insults(since he has quite a few!)

And glad to hear you are nearing completion!

@Sondossa and Wolf Yep I agree, if they are reading homestuck chances are they're not gonna be too offended haha. Just so long as it's in character!

@ Aki-Tenraku YES YES A MILLION TIMES YES Your cosplay is so fantastic! The person hosting the other potential panel wants to know if you would also be her Terezi? I will message you on tumblr~

@ Diary-chan Fantastic! That means we have everyone but Jane, Roxy, and Equius!
Shrimpmuffin
Citizen of Macross City

Postby Loa » Thu Mar 29, 2012 10:08 pm

Haha... had a mini weird out when I saw the Eridan's name... It's a bit strange that we're both named cassidy c:
Loa
Citizen of Macross City

PreviousNext

Return to Everything Panels