• It is currently Thu Apr 24, 2014 7:25 am

Sign In

User menu

FAQ
Register
Login
Animazement Fan Forum

Room and Ride Potential

Talk about your Animazement plans, and count down the days to Memorial Day weekend with us.

Moderator: Macross-Junkie

Room and Ride Potential

Postby kojika » Tue Feb 07, 2012 12:58 pm

Hello~

It's not 100% sure I'll be attending Animazement (though I'd like to, a lot of things will depend), but I figure if I can get some of this stuff set up, I'll be more likely to be able to afford the convention ^^;

Room:
As of now, we have a hotel reserved for Friday-Sunday (so, two nights). I believe we are in the main hotel (I apologize, my mom made the reservation, and I'm at work with no access to it). Right now it's just me (24, female) and my mother in the room. We asked for two beds, but there's never any guarantee.

If you're looking to room with us, we're pretty easy about who we take. We have no rules on gender or age. We will not allow alcohol in the room, and of course, it's a nonsmoking. Beds go by necessity first, than first come first serve. If you really want a bed, you may be stuck sleeping with a strange (just be prepared). I usually recommend bringing a blanket and pillow just in case. The cost will be split among everyone in the room. If you're only looking for one night, that's fine, you'll only pay for that one night (sorta thing). We generally keep pretty stable hours at the con, going to bed around midnight-2 am area and getting up at 8 am. We ask that you respect everyone in the room, and even if you want to come in later, please be quiet about it.

Tentatively, I'd just have my cosplay stuff with me, but if I get into AA (currently waitlist), I'd have that stuff with me, too. Still, there is room, we just ask that you pack as concisely as possible (as we do). We also bring a cooler, so we can add a couple drinks or snacks in for people.

Ride
Okay, basically, this is one loong drive for us (although, I have done longer many occasions). We head out from NW Indiana, not too far from Chicago. Typically, it's about a 13 hour drive. As you imagine though, we pass through a LOT of different areas. We are happy to carpool with anyone along our way, or who can get to our starting point (I will arrange to pick you up from train/bus stations within reason if you want to go from starting point). For along the way points, we ask that you meet us at a gas station or restaurant just off of the highway, so we don't have to deal with trying to find places we don't know. We basically cut down through Indianapolis, and then drop around Columbus, OH, if you want to map out our route and see if you are on our way.

If you do ride with us, gas, tolls, and parking will be divided based on when you get in the car. Also, we ask that you pack as light as possible, since although we have a mini-van, it's quite easy to overload it when you have multiple people and their luggage. Despite everything, even with my AA bins, we tend to not have a lot of stuff (since I usually take smaller cosplay to the farther distance cons).

My Policies...
So, if you are interested, I DO have some policies that may seem a little crazy, but they are necessary to protect everyone who shares in the cost.

*IF you decide to room or ride with us, you will have up to two weeks prior to the convention to tell me otherwise. If you do NOT inform me of a change prior to that, two weeks before the convention I give out official quotes on prices which will NOT go any higher at that point. So, even if afterwards you decide to drop out, you will still be required to pay your share. It is not fair to tell people within that short time period that they will be charged more. If anyone is added, you will be informed at the convention, or when we pick you up, and you will be charged LESS accordingly.

*I require a cellphone number so we can contact each other at the con/on the way. If you do NOT have a cell phone, you WILL be required to prepay at the 2 weeks notice.

*Prepay is not required if you have a cell phone. For prepay, up until a week before the convention, I will accept Paypal. Two weeks before the convention I can accept Money order, as well. At the convention, I will ONLY accept cash, so have the amount prepared. I will NOT accept personal checks for any reason.

...well, if I haven't scared ya off yet and you're still interested, please let me know~
~Sanzaki Kojika

Look for me in AA~!

2014 Cosplay:
*Friday- Lyfa (SAO)
*Saturday -Nami, Z Movie (One Piece)
*Sunday- Pariet (Summon Night 5)
kojika
Low Ranking MACROSS Member

Re: Room and Ride Potential

Postby xredxxbluex » Sat Apr 14, 2012 2:27 am

Hi, I was wondering if you still have room for someone. I was going to room with some friends but they decided not to go this year.
AZ 2012:
Videl- DBZ
Anbu/Punk Haku- Naruto
Nuriko- Fushigi Yuugi
Suit China- Hetalia
Suit Setsuna- Negima manga
xredxxbluex
Citizen of Macross City

Postby kojika » Sat Apr 14, 2012 2:41 am

Yeah, we should still have room. I'm trying to find anyway to help cut costs, anyways, since without AA this is gonna be a really hard con for me to go to, but I totally wanna see Kotoko! Feel free to IM me off forum to discuss it more~
~Sanzaki Kojika

Look for me in AA~!

2014 Cosplay:
*Friday- Lyfa (SAO)
kojika

Postby birdguy » Sat Apr 21, 2012 11:19 pm

hey, I was wondering if you still had room for another person. (sudden change of plans) I keep to myself and respect others' belongings. I'm a guy btw.
2012 cosplays
Raikage (Naruto)
Zack (DOA2)
Ruby Rhod (for 1 hour)

cosplay pic portfolio
http://flic.kr/s/aHsjr3ARhj
birdguy
Faceless Minion of Big Fire

Postby kojika » Sun Apr 22, 2012 1:15 am

Yeah, I believe we still have room. Feel free to PM me, or IM me from my profile info, and we can talk about it more X3
~Sanzaki Kojika

Look for me in AA~!

2014 Cosplay:
*Friday- Lyfa (SAO)
kojika

Return to Convention Discussion