• It is currently Sun Apr 20, 2014 5:06 pm

Sign In

User menu

FAQ
Register
Login
Animazement Fan Forum

Anime/Manga Recommendations

Come in and talk about things relevant to Japan and all it's glorious art forms.

Moderator: BobD

Re: Anime/Manga Recommendations

Postby oglop_master » Sat Jun 25, 2011 8:18 pm

I just finished Madoka Magica. I cried. I cried so hard. The only other anime I've cried over is Code Geass. For a 12-episode long series to make me that emotional is saying something. Go watch it if you haven't seen it. It is absolutely amazing. Like nothing you've ever seen before. I swear. Just go watch it.
Having trouble styling your wig for your next cosplay? Well, you're in luck! Head on over to Erin's Wigs and check it out!
http://erinswigs.tumblr.com/
oglop_master
The Almighty Banana Overlord

Postby Shizuka Kurogane » Wed Jun 29, 2011 3:30 pm

oglop_master wrote:I just finished Madoka Magica. I cried. I cried so hard. The only other anime I've cried over is Code Geass. For a 12-episode long series to make me that emotional is saying something. Go watch it if you haven't seen it. It is absolutely amazing. Like nothing you've ever seen before. I swear. Just go watch it.

Liiiiiiiike <3

I cried too. It's such an unfair ending.
+ Terror Squad Seat 16: Nurse Shizu +
Whoa, Shizu's coming back to AZ?! Amazing!
Cosplays::
Pokemon - Gym Leader Whitney
Vocaloid - Poker Face!GUMI
Vocaloid - Setsuna Trip!GUMI

Kill la Kill - Ryuko Matoi (first episode outfit)
Shizuka Kurogane
Okami Amaterasu

Postby oglop_master » Thu Jun 30, 2011 10:18 pm

Shizuka Kurogane wrote:Liiiiiiiike <3

I cried too. It's such an unfair ending.

It really is... It was unfair, but it was an amazing ending because of it. It seems like the best endings seem to be...
Having trouble styling your wig for your next cosplay? Well, you're in luck! Head on over to Erin's Wigs and check it out!
http://erinswigs.tumblr.com/
oglop_master
The Almighty Banana Overlord

Re:

Postby HaileyKirsten » Mon Jul 04, 2011 11:12 pm

Kyaroru wrote:Kuroshitsuji
It's set in Victorian england and is about a young lord named Ciel who has a Demon as his butler. Very interesting, I highly reccomend it.

Kuroshitsuji is amazingg! My friends are super obsessed with it.
HaileyKirsten
Shonen Bat Victim

Re: Re:

Postby Tavex » Mon Jul 04, 2011 11:30 pm

HaileyKirsten wrote:Kuroshitsuji is amazingg! My friends are super obsessed with it.

Everyone seems to be obsessed with it haha.
I thought it was pretty good though, not going to lie.
Cosplay for 2014 AZ:

Mushishi: Ginko

Final Fantasy XIII: Snow (MIGHT do this again)

Tavex
Pokémon Master

Postby Quicksilver95 » Wed Aug 03, 2011 12:52 pm

I would Recommend D.N.Angel Or Trigun. I know their kinda popular but I liked them.
Cosplays for AZ 15:
I am working on:
Kaito: 100%

I want for future AZ's
Sosuke Aizen: 18%
Link: 0%
Ikasoruk Ogihci: 0%
Kisame Hoshigaki: 15%

Quicksilver95
Newest Host in Ouran High School

Postby kireina seishin » Tue Oct 04, 2011 12:02 am

Kaikan Phrase! I feel like I've posted this before, but it was over a year ago so putting it out there again! It's one of my favorites, you'll especially love it if you're a musician or just a big fan of music. It's kind of like beck (anime about a band) but I like this one a little better.
kireina seishin
Black Rose Duelist

What is your favorite anime/manga or the ones you recommend?

Postby brandonmarkings » Tue Oct 18, 2011 8:54 pm

Please tell me anime/manga that is your favorite or the one you recommend. Please explain why.

Thanks.
Program Affiliate is an advantage for your sales. The affiliates program you need!
brandonmarkings
Shonen Bat Victim

Re: What is your favorite anime/manga or the ones you recomm

Postby kaiser_forsaken » Tue Oct 18, 2011 10:32 pm

Anime

CLANNAD/CLANNAD: After Story : Technically two separate series, but following the same plot and characters. Based on a Key novel, it would be a disservice to refer to it as a "Slice of Life" anime. It follows a young man's struggle with love and life as he matures through high school and the years beyond. In the fandom, there is a saying. CLANNAD is life. Not too far from the truth.

Spice and Wolf. Follows the adventures of a medieval merchant who perchance comes by an unusual traveling companion. A wolf harvest deity in the body of an adolescent young woman. It actually manages to make economics cool. Freaking ECONOMICS. With tight scripting and plot, the characters are believable and relatable, with surprising depth.

High School Of The Dead. Not going to claim any depth or amazing story. Pure, gratuitous zombie fiction. Guns, gore and girls. Major jiggle factor, violence galore, and one lunatic character my lunatic self can somewhat relate to. Based on an equally good manga.

Panty and Stocking with Garterbelt. Also not a deep story. Gratuitous Gainax all the way. Fanservice, humor, and plot entirely as an afterthought.

Neon Genesis Evangelion. This should need no introduction. It is one of the definitive anime of all time.

Cowboy Bebop. Same as above. It is an institution.

El Cazador de la Bruja. A "girls with guns" anime that is a surprisingly fun "Wild west" romp. Not strictly a western, but definitely a modern variation of the theme.

CANAAN. A complex action series with tie-ins to a game series. Not for everyone, but I certainly enjoyed it.
AZ 2014: Gambit (X-treme X-men), Kirito (Sword Art Online), other costumes TBD
kaiser_forsaken
Gotei 13 Captain

Postby IvySparrow » Fri Oct 21, 2011 2:44 am

Animu:

Puella Magi Madoka Magica: A darker takeoff from the regular Magical Girl genre. Both guys and gals that I know have thoroughly enjoyed this series. Vibrant animation and music. Can't wait for the BD to hit our shores.

Rin: Daughters of Mnemosyne: Not for the squeamish, prudent, or otherwise faint of heart. Rin, a beautiful immortal woman, works as a detective by day, and fights "angels" by night. Sex, blood, gore, lesbians, torture, and nudity abound, not for the 18 and under crowd. Animation, story, and

Alien Nine: Young girls forced to fight aliens. The main character is whiny as hell, but that's typical of 6th grade girls. Expect body horror, naked girls(not portrayed sexually, but if your mom walks in at the wrong time, she probably won't care), and an ending that makes you go read the manga.

NGE: Kai already mentioned this one, but it's truly a good anime. It was a splash of color on the not-quite-monotonous Mecha genre up to that point.

Digimon Season 3: If you watch no other Digimon series, watch this one. One of the writers for Evangelion worked on this, and it really shows by the finale.

SoraNoWoto: Cute girls doing Cute things in war. Until the flashbacks. Good series, just wish the first episodes were as good as the last ones.

Higurashi: Again not for the faint of heart. If you can get past the murderlolis, there's actually an awesome mystery under the surface.
Image Seat 11 (Most truant member)

AZ '12 Cosplay:
Rolling Girl Miku- 100%
Akemi Homura from Puella Magi Madoka Magic- 100% (bought)
Mastudoki from Yume Nikki- 100% technically, but still adding props
Sabitsuki from .flow- 95%
Derpy Hooves from MLP:FiM- 50%
Things are looking up!
IvySparrow
Shojo-ai Princess

Postby kaiser_forsaken » Fri Oct 21, 2011 8:37 pm

I can't believe I forgot Madoka. Great series, very Faustian.
AZ 2014: Gambit (X-treme X-men), Kirito (Sword Art Online), other costumes TBD
kaiser_forsaken
Gotei 13 Captain

Postby IvySparrow » Fri Oct 21, 2011 9:37 pm

Manga:

Alien Nine: Read this after you watch the anime. You'll understand. It's sweet.

Hellsing: If you ever watched the original Hellsing Anime, you might thing the series sucks. Let this manga change your mind.

Black Jack: Like House, only richer and less of an ass. HNNNG worthy stories, some have actually touched my black hole of a heart enough to bring me to tears.

Uzumaki: A small town gets obsessed with spirals. Junji Ito-brand horror at it's best.

KashiMashi: An adorable, crazy, gender-bending "yuri" series. With aliens. And pretty girls.

I have others, just can't think of them. I'll edit if I remember.
Image Seat 11 (Most truant member)

AZ '12 Cosplay:
Rolling Girl Miku- 100%
Akemi Homura from Puella Magi Madoka Magic- 100% (bought)
Mastudoki from Yume Nikki- 100% technically, but still adding props
Sabitsuki from .flow- 95%
Derpy Hooves from MLP:FiM- 50%
Things are looking up!
IvySparrow
Shojo-ai Princess

Postby danicamae » Sat Nov 19, 2011 5:53 am

Bleach. Greatest anime I've ever watched and still watching. They got a nice set of characters and story construction that everyone will surely love.
danicamae
Citizen of Macross City

Postby Vampireskiss » Thu Dec 22, 2011 4:01 am

I would say Shugo chara is one everyone should check out along with Death note, Vampire knight, Ouran highschool hostclub, Spice and wolf, Ranma1/2, Samurai X, La Corda d'Oro ~primo passo, Skip beat, Hanasakeru Seishonen i have more just it would take all day >_<
Because I'm one hell of a butler.
AZ11 Yuki cross vampire knight
AZ12 Ikuto Shugo chara
AZ13 female Neko thursday and sunday
AZ13 L DEATH NOTE friday
AZ13 AppleJack MLP Saturday
AZ14 ???
Vampireskiss
Mysterious Sentai Warrior

Postby shiro » Sun Jan 22, 2012 8:02 pm

I recommend 失楽園 (Shitsurakuen; "Paradise Lost"), Maria+Holic, Dengeki Daisy, MAKA-MAKA, Mars No Kiss ("Kissing Mars"), End Of Eternity: The Secret Hours, Kuchibiru ni Saketa Orange, and Dawn Of The Arcana. *phew*

These are all really good and only a small handful of manga that have really stuck with me but if you don't know where to start, I suggest "Dawn Of The Arcana" and "Maria+Holic". (And I suggest reading the Maria + Holic manga first before watching the anime~)
shiro
Shonen Bat Victim

Postby Livewire » Thu Mar 01, 2012 8:17 pm

Hmm, that's a hard one cause there's so many good ones out there for new fans and old alike to enjoy. There's lots of "top 10" and "Popular" lists with the typical titles so I think I'll mention a few lesser known ones I like. Least I think they're lesser known now.

Science Fiction: Armatage III - Poly-Matrix.
Comedy: Cromartie high school
Fiction: Scrapped Princess
Mecha: Innocent Venus
Horror: Kakurenbo
School: Toradora!
Action: Though I know many will say this, you've got to see Akira! it's influenced so much of the anime world.

Hope I thought of some people haven't yet :3
Livewire
Faceless Minion of Big Fire

Postby Vampireskiss » Fri Mar 30, 2012 2:04 am

I will say Genshiken, Clannad, Angelbeats, kaikan phase :3
AZ12 Ikuto Shugo chara
AZ13 L DEATH NOTE friday
AZ14 ???
Vampireskiss

Postby Kyaroru » Wed Apr 04, 2012 10:43 pm

I'd recommend Yamato Nadeshiko Shichi Henge, Battle Angel Alita, HunterXHunter, Library Wars, Blade of the Immortal (Manga), Vampire Hunter D, and Revolutionary Girl Utena
Cosplays 2012: Tuxedo Mask (Sailor Moon)- 95% fixing the mask, getting real buttons. Maybe sexier jacket?
Charlotte Elbourne (Vampire Hunter D: Bloodlust)- 5%
New! Jessica Rabbit (Who Framed Roger Rabbit)-6% I ordered the shoes and have the makeup. Now for the hard parts...

Terror squad 26nd seat & Co-captian of T.S.B.C.[pm me or Kristyhimura to join] Red Team: Lopez; Honorary maid at the Maid Cafe
"Don't believe in yourself! Believe in the Kyaroru who believes in you!" -Nathan Cross
Kyaroru
Queen of the Island
Queen of the Island

Postby Shenanagan » Thu Apr 05, 2012 10:04 am

Otomen. Just. Otomen. If you like a shoujo manga that's about a different perspective on girls and guys, this is for you. This is the first manga I have ever bought every single volume of. I love it that much! :)
Shenanagan
Shinsengumi Veteran

Postby Vampireskiss » Thu Apr 19, 2012 2:13 am

Shenanagan wrote:Otomen. Just. Otomen. If you like a shoujo manga that's about a different perspective on girls and guys, this is for you. This is the first manga I have ever bought every single volume of. I love it that much! :)

I agree otomen is awesome :3
AZ12 Ikuto Shugo chara
AZ13 L DEATH NOTE friday
AZ14 ???
Vampireskiss

PreviousNext

Return to Anime, Manga and Nippon, Oh My!