• It is currently Mon Apr 21, 2014 10:45 am

Sign In

User menu

FAQ
Register
Login
Animazement Fan Forum

Skits??

All those big time events of the convention from Dances to Music Videos, from Cosplay to Karaoke, we'll talk about them here.

Moderator: Kaji

Re: Skits??

Postby BobD » Tue Apr 24, 2012 8:26 am

Actually, the way the system is today during the registration of contestants, all music and skit material is processed and addressed and loaded onto our computer at the time of application. A lot depends on our number of applicants. Some years we are bursting at the seams. Some years we don't have as many and have a little more play time wise. But it's best to be prepared to meet our guidelines because we cannot predict the number of applicants. We also provide a time of dress rehearsal where you can actually get up on stage to see how things will actually run for you and for us. We encourage everyone participating to take advantage of this opportunity.
That is so my life right now.
BobD
Old Geezer

Postby MinaUchiha2 » Tue Apr 24, 2012 10:04 am

BobD wrote:Actually, the way the system is today during the registration of contestants, all music and skit material is processed and addressed and loaded onto our computer at the time of application. A lot depends on our number of applicants. Some years we are bursting at the seams. Some years we don't have as many and have a little more play time wise. But it's best to be prepared to meet our guidelines because we cannot predict the number of applicants. We also provide a time of dress rehearsal where you can actually get up on stage to see how things will actually run for you and for us. We encourage everyone participating to take advantage of this opportunity.

The time on stage for run throughs is very very nice. It can be helpful to know the amount of space you've got to work with.
MinaUchiha2
The Cosplay Uke

Postby therahma » Sat May 05, 2012 1:27 pm

Should the script be recorded onto the CD, or will we have microphones?
AZ 2012: Ciel Phantomhive
AZ 2013: Ciel Phantomhive, Izaya Orihara, Makise Kurisu
AZ 2014
Nonon Jakuzure from Kill la Kill (20%)
Levi from Shingeki no Kyojin (75%)
Lisa Lisa from Jojo (0%)
therahma
Citizen of Macross City

Postby MinaUchiha2 » Sat May 05, 2012 3:57 pm

therahma wrote:Should the script be recorded onto the CD, or will we have microphones?

You can do CD, my group usually does. There are microphones, they are set on the stage ahead, no handheld ones. Well if their are handheld ones I never noticed. XD
MinaUchiha2
The Cosplay Uke

Postby BobD » Sat May 05, 2012 6:03 pm

MinaUchiha2 wrote:
therahma wrote:Should the script be recorded onto the CD, or will we have microphones?

You can do CD, my group usually does. There are microphones, they are set on the stage ahead, no handheld ones. Well if their are handheld ones I never noticed. XD

There are no hand held mics (except for our MC). The only mics are the stage mics at the front of the stage. Bad thing about it, the only way they can remotely pick you up is if you are constantly facing towards the front of the stage and then depending on how close you are to said mics. To make sure any dialogue is heard, it would be best to have it pre-recorded.
That is so my life right now.
BobD
Old Geezer

Postby therahma » Mon May 21, 2012 2:14 pm

I don't understand why the masquerade meeting and cosplay chess were scheduled at the same time. I am already committed to cosplay chess and wanted to do the msaquerade contest as well. I even rehearsed with my friend, and we recorded the CD and everything, but we will not be able to attend the mandatory meeting since cosplay chess is happening at the same time. Why is that the case, and is there anything we can do to attend both? :/

---

Edit: Since one of the purposes of the meeting is to turn in the CD, we were actually thinking about either coming early or having a friend bring the CD to the meeting and then we can come to the run-through so that we make sure we get a feel of the stage and everything. And if there's anything else that needs to be done, we can do it at the run-through. Would that be okay?
AZ 2014
Lisa Lisa from Jojo (0%)
therahma
Citizen of Macross City

Postby MinaUchiha2 » Mon May 21, 2012 5:45 pm

Go to the Cosplay Chess ones FIRST and tell them that you need to go sign up your Masq stuff and they'll understand and let you go do that. Than you can go back to the Cosplay Chess people and have the pre-meeting.
MinaUchiha2
The Cosplay Uke

Postby therahma » Mon May 21, 2012 5:59 pm

Oohh, okay, thank you! Whew, I'm very relieved now. :)
AZ 2014
Lisa Lisa from Jojo (0%)
therahma
Citizen of Macross City

Postby Tigress » Tue May 22, 2012 6:24 am

Yeah, sign-up for the Masq is pretty straightforward. They give you a run-down of the rules, you fill out the form and hand it to them along with your music. The stage rehearsal is not required, but it's just a nice extra so you can get an idea of the stage's dimensions and do a couple of dry runs to make sure everything will move smoothly.

That reminds me... I still haven't gotten around to getting posterboards made for ours and burning the music. (Putting that on the to-do list and seeing how much it will cost for Kinkos to blow up some screenshots for me.) I should have my dress and jewelry finished in time if I continue sweatshopping it. Darn overbooking myself on commissions... ^w^'
Kat's Play -- Costume Artist

I always wanted to be somebody, but I should've been more specific.

-- Lily Tomlin
Tigress
Black Rose Duelist

Previous

Return to The Greatest Shows On Earth