• It is currently Mon Apr 21, 2014 10:46 am

Sign In

User menu

FAQ
Register
Login
Animazement Fan Forum

Welcome! Introduce yourself here.

Talk about your Animazement plans, and count down the days to Memorial Day weekend with us.

Moderator: Macross-Junkie

Re: Welcome! Introduce yourself here.

Postby RoxasQuillinette » Sun Feb 05, 2012 6:30 pm

Steven, 5'2", quiet, and an artist at heart, do tech support and write music, love anime, and manga.
I am a spaz, so IF we meet at AZ '12 be warned.
RoxasQuillinette
Faceless Minion of Big Fire

Postby Never » Fri Feb 24, 2012 5:34 pm

In Raleigh. I like anime and manga, but not hardcore. Prefer comedy, and seinen. Love Miyazaki films.

The first anime I was exposed to was Sailor Moon followed in short order by DBZ, this would probably have been mid 90's and I have stuck with it since. I have seen a lot of the older titles which I tend to enjoy more than current. I prefer a solid story line to sparkles and magical talking fox creatures.

All time favorite series would be GITS followed by GTO. GTO admittedly does not follow my preference for solid story lines.

Probably older than most here at 26. Went to school for Biochemistry and currently working in the biotech industry while working on an MBA. Seeing if I can volunteer pre/at/post con this year and subsequent years. Mainly interested in meeting new and unique people!
Never
Shonen Bat Victim

Re: Lucky thirteen

Postby ayzoramon » Mon Feb 27, 2012 8:13 pm

majors wrote:Woot, 13th reg'd user!

Any video game room comments or questions, send them my way or post in the forum.

you gonna have a darkstalkers or old school fighters cab this year? i know there was one like 2 yrs ago. it was legit i spent most of the day there when i wasnt in a tournament match.
5$ money matches
dont pick up the sticks if you aint ready!!!
ayzoramon
Shonen Bat Victim

Postby Nobar » Sun Mar 11, 2012 10:50 pm

Hello there all attendees of AZ2012, Nobar here.
First time anime-con (ever) hoping to have a good time.

Only got 1 question: Where be da Brawl tourney's? I need to train badly.
Nobar
Shonen Bat Victim

Postby TonyTone » Mon Mar 12, 2012 2:27 pm

Nobar wrote:Only got 1 question: Where be da Brawl tourney's? I need to train badly.

Right here:

http://www.smashboards.com/forumdisplay.php?f=89

And there's always a pretty big group of NC smashers at Animazement playing brawl and melee.
TonyTone
Citizen of Macross City

Scary!!!

Postby Celest Wolfsbane » Sat Mar 17, 2012 4:32 am

Hi! You can call me Wolfsbane and uhm... Well, this year will be my very first Animazement! I used to attend another convention regularly in Illinois, but circumstances have prevented me from doing so the last few years. . . Eeto... I'm a gamers and my cosplays have been 90% Final Fantasy. I'm known as mommy among cosplayers in Chicago. I'm hoping to have lots of fun and make plenty of friends at Animazement, even though I'm old. A whole 24 years! I have a little sister that is into Anime who has never cosplayed before and I want her to have the best experience possible when she does. Cosplay became a social outlet for me, because I can be really shy and quiet. I'm also married into the Army and know how to make food from all over the world! My favorite dishes are ones with pasta, though I'm pretty good at making Rice Balls, Sushi and Miso.
Celest Wolfsbane
Shonen Bat Victim

Postby Romeofalls » Fri Mar 23, 2012 1:25 pm

Hello, my name is Romeofalls aka Jake. Ive been to two Cons AZ12 will be my third. I was at Ichi last year, the guy walking around in a bright pink shirt getting signed by everyone, yeah that was me. I went to AZ last year and had some fun. So yeah, I still have yet to cosplay out of fear and not knowing what to do. I like video games and other things.
Romeofalls
Shonen Bat Victim

Postby Mishasfan » Tue Mar 27, 2012 12:49 am

Hullo~! <3

I currently have been to two other anime conventions: Anime Weekend Atlanta and Ichiboncon.

I cosplay as:

Russia and Prussia from Hetalia
The Witch from Left 4 Dead
and Meirin from Kuroshitsuji/Black Butler.

:mrgreen:
Mishasfan
Shonen Bat Victim

Postby kurosaki_taichou » Thu Apr 12, 2012 8:38 am

Hi everyone!

This will be my first year attending animazement and i am so excited about going.Not sure yet about what cosplays i will be doing just yet. My name is Liz. I am from TN. I have attended AWA,MTAC,Momo Con and Anime Blast Chattanooga. Some of the cosplays that i have done are Sha Gojyo, Ichigo Kurosaki, Conrad, Izaya, Cloud, Sanosuke Sagara.
kurosaki_taichou
Shonen Bat Victim

Postby PuppetQueen » Thu Apr 12, 2012 10:08 am

Welcome new friends! :3
Fan Forum Panel Host ||Terror Squad 36th Seat~
Cubone (Pokemon) | Fem!Loki (Avengers) | Zatsune Miku (Matryoshka) | Kirlia (Pokemon)
PuppetQueen
Local Polygamist

Postby Omnikei » Wed Apr 18, 2012 2:52 am

I've been registered here for a while apparently. I suppose my lurker tendencies took over the account.

Anyways, I'm Kei. I've been coming to Animazement since the last year it was at the Sheraton. Other than typical otaku stuff, I enjoy making things, nature, thinking, and intelligent conversation. I look forward to having yet another awesome time.
For glory!
Omnikei
Shonen Bat Victim

Postby Sasuga_Hero_San29 » Wed Apr 18, 2012 5:39 pm

Hello! I'm Angel (Sasuga Hero-san :3) This is going to be my first time going to Animazement, and I'm really looking forward to it. Umm, I enjoy Anime, Manga, Kpop/Jpop, pretty much anything from other countries. I love culture, language, nature, architecture...I love a lot of things, for short. Unfortunately, I'm shy when I meet people. But I'll try to be more open at Animazement XD I'm cosplaying as cd cover Austria this year.
2012 AZ: cd cover Austria

2013 AZ: Prince Soma (Kuroshitsuji) 100%
Possibly bringing Austria back ^^
Sasuga_Hero_San29
Citizen of Macross City

Postby Abbitha » Wed Apr 18, 2012 9:46 pm

Hello!
My name is Abby aka Abbitha. This is my second year attending and im so excited! ^-^ This will also be the first time i'll be cosplaying. I've loved anime since I was about 5 years old. Umm...yea im not so sure what to say haha. Hope I get to meet some of you!
Abbitha
Shonen Bat Victim

Postby Kandikat21 » Thu Apr 19, 2012 8:05 pm

Hi! This is my second con ever so I'm super excited! My hobbies are glowstringing (so look out at the dance :3), hoop dancing, drawing, cosplaying, piano and I love anything that has to do with kpop/jpop/ Vocaloid dancing. This year I'm also going as demon Ciel, matryoshka Gumi, and either magnet Gumi or meiko. I can't wait to meet some new people and hopefully make a few new friends this year, I'll see you all there :)
Kandikat21
Shonen Bat Victim

Postby SolarisStein456 » Mon May 07, 2012 8:55 pm

Hi Hi~! My name is Shannon but a lot of people who i know call me Twi. I'm 5 foot 1 (short I is DX) and Last year was my first con. I'm so excited to be coming back! My hobbies include dancing, drawing (though i'm nowhere near as good as the artists here) playing video games, and singing like a little kid, people say I sound really cute. My Favorite animes are FMA FMAB Higurashi no Naku Koro Ni Hetalia and Black Rock Shooter. I like to listen to VOCALOID and ONE OK ROCK. I'm a bit hyper to the point it can be a bit annoying. But I like to think people do care for me!
Animazement 2014
Kyoko Sakura - 85%
Sayaka Miki -85%
Possibly:
Ellie - The last of us - 5%
Mikasa Ackerman - 0%
Animazement 2015 (planned)
Goddess Madoka Kaname - 5%
Mami Tomoe - 0%
Mikasa Ackerman - 0%
SolarisStein456
Faceless Minion of Big Fire

Postby HeroOfTime » Mon May 07, 2012 9:40 pm

Hello! I'm Belle, 17 and this will be my 5th year at animazement! my 8th con altogether!
I'm 5'8 and please keep an eye out for me as Fem- Dark link on friday Aradia on saturday!
nice to meet you!
2014 Plans!
Friday- Ayaka Shindo (Beyond the Boundry)
Saturday- Sasha Braus
Sunday- Ashe
HeroOfTime
Citizen of Macross City

Postby oglop_master » Tue May 08, 2012 9:26 pm

HeroOfTime wrote:Hello! I'm Belle, 17 and this will be my 5th year at animazement! my 8th con altogether!
I'm 5'8 and please keep an eye out for me as Fem- Dark link on friday Aradia on saturday!
nice to meet you!

Hey I know youuuuuuuu. WE'VE GOTTA ACTUALLY HANG OUT THIS TIME.
Having trouble styling your wig for your next cosplay? Well, you're in luck! Head on over to Erin's Wigs and check it out!
http://erinswigs.tumblr.com/
oglop_master
The Almighty Banana Overlord

Postby Shenanagan » Wed May 09, 2012 12:12 pm

Haha, I should've probably done this a year ago XP

Hello! My name is Natalia, I'm 22, and I'm an artist. I was born in the US and currently live in NC but my family is from Brazil, which is a country that has a huuuuuge anime fandom :) So naturally, growing up there I got into lots and lots of anime. But Animazement was my first anime con, and I've been going since 2004. I love writing, digital art, videogames, glow stringing, music and probably a ton of other random quirky stuff. Nice to meet everyone!
Shenanagan
Shinsengumi Veteran

Postby Shenanagan » Wed May 09, 2012 12:13 pm

Sasuga_Hero_San29 wrote:Hello! I'm Angel (Sasuga Hero-san :3) This is going to be my first time going to Animazement, and I'm really looking forward to it. Umm, I enjoy Anime, Manga, Kpop/Jpop, pretty much anything from other countries. I love culture, language, nature, architecture...I love a lot of things, for short. Unfortunately, I'm shy when I meet people. But I'll try to be more open at Animazement XD I'm cosplaying as cd cover Austria this year.

Hello there! Don't be shy, everybody's a big family at Animazement! I'm sure you'll have lots of fun :)
Shenanagan
Shinsengumi Veteran

Postby megaplushie » Wed May 09, 2012 12:22 pm

Welcome everyone!
megaplushie
OM NOM NOM NOM

PreviousNext

Return to Convention Discussion