• It is currently Sun Apr 20, 2014 7:36 pm

Sign In

User menu

FAQ
Register
Login
Animazement Fan Forum

Sam and Wallys by the Sheraton

Talk about your Animazement plans, and count down the days to Memorial Day weekend with us.

Moderator: Macross-Junkie

Sam and Wallys by the Sheraton

Postby MyBrokenStar811 » Tue May 15, 2012 3:51 pm

K I didn't know what category or topic to put this in so I just put it here. But anyways, does anybody know if the bar part of Sam and Wallys is gonna be open during animazement? I heard that they closed last year cuz some congoers caused some trouble, but thats just what I heard. It would be nice if they were open cuz the hotel bar is expensive...
MyBrokenStar811
Faceless Minion of Big Fire

Re: Sam and Wallys by the Sheraton

Postby megaplushie » Tue May 15, 2012 4:09 pm

Your best bet would be to call and ask. Their number is (919) 829-7215.
megaplushie
OM NOM NOM NOM

Postby spazmatcc » Sun May 20, 2012 9:19 pm

The last year Sam & Wally's bar was open was 2010. They actually ran out of alcohol that year!

I was told last year they did not renew their liquor license for 2011. There were different bartenders both 2009 and 2010.

I don't expect them to be open this year either. If they would just stay stocked and update their liquor license with a decent bartender (Robin (lives in Florida now) from 2009 was AWESOME!), they would have the best location around the con!

I'm not even bothering to call because no one seemed to care when I even asked in person last year.

Flying Saucer Draught Emporium, 328 West Morgan Street, Raleigh, NC 27601. That's where I'm going this year, mainly because I'm staying a block away from there.
(not quite dead)
spazmatcc
Citizen of Macross City

Postby kaiser_forsaken » Mon May 20, 2013 1:41 am

spazmatcc wrote:
Flying Saucer Draught Emporium, 328 West Morgan Street, Raleigh, NC 27601. That's where I'm going this year, mainly because I'm staying a block away from there.

Hells yeah. Love the Saucer. Anyone else hitting it Thursday night?

Another question, anyone know of any good little coffee shops near the con? I'd like to have a place or two lined up for getting new "friends" one-on-one or two-on-two. And hitting a bar straight away seems a little too creeper, especially before I know EXACTLY how old they are. Hard to really connect with new people in the RCC lobby.

Excluding the "one of us" cuddle puddle a few years back at least.
AZ 2014: Gambit (X-treme X-men), Kirito (Sword Art Online), other costumes TBD
kaiser_forsaken
Gotei 13 Captain

Postby Shenanagan » Mon May 20, 2013 9:42 am

Kaiser_Forsaken, Crema is a few blocks from the RCC, but it's a really nice place! Very quaint with lots of goodies, including italian cream soda! The address is:
121 Fayetteville St
Ste 110
Raleigh, NC 27601

I wish I had other recommendations, but I haven't explored downtown Raleigh nearly as much as I should XP
Shenanagan
Shinsengumi Veteran

Return to Convention Discussion