• It is currently Thu Apr 24, 2014 2:01 am

Sign In

User menu

FAQ
Register
Login
Animazement Fan Forum

Wig and Costume Tutorials!

Ask questions, discuss design tips and find others to organize a memorable photo shoot!

Moderator: PuppetQueen

Re: Wig Tutorials & FAQs

Postby MinaUchiha2 » Sun Sep 02, 2012 8:23 pm

DudettRin101 wrote:
MinaUchiha2 wrote:
DudettRin101 wrote:I haven't really had any problems with the wigs I've gotten from CosplayMagic...Then again, so far, I've only bought short wigs from them.

Anyways, I have a question. I have a really long wig that I got for my Konata cosplay that has been tangled since the first time I wore it. I've tried for hours at a time to untangle the dang thing but have been entirely unsuccessful. Any ideas?

Long wigs are a pain to untangle. Pop in a DVD you like and sit and do the wig in sections, take your time and relax. That is all you can do, it takes a couple DVDs for me when I have to do my Rapunzel wig. Once its all untangled spray it with Motions, helps keep it from tangling as much.

What is 'Motions'? Is that a wig product or something?

It's a hairspray that works great on wigs. It's gold with a purple lid. You spray a wig let it sit for a day and than comb it out. The oil helps the fibers be slicker.
This thread may help more: http://www.cosplay.com/showthread.php?t=118976
MinaUchiha2
The Cosplay Uke

Postby DudettRin101 » Thu Sep 06, 2012 2:06 pm

Okay, Quick Question about the sites to get stuff. Anybody ever use Etsy.com? They have a really nice Rainbow Dash Tail, but I'd like to know if anyone's had any problems or anything with them before I order..
2014= My 7th year at AZ and my 8th Con. WHOO!

Possible AZ 2014 Cosplays-
Toph Bei Fong- Image
Maka Albarn- Image
And/Or Meryl Strife
DudettRin101
Faceless Minion of Big Fire

Postby MinaUchiha2 » Thu Sep 06, 2012 6:12 pm

DudettRin101 wrote:Okay, Quick Question about the sites to get stuff. Anybody ever use Etsy.com? They have a really nice Rainbow Dash Tail, but I'd like to know if anyone's had any problems or anything with them before I order..

Etsy.com is like ebay, only you sell stuff you make(mostly). So it's less worry about the website as the user your thinking of purchasing from.
MinaUchiha2
The Cosplay Uke

Re: Wig and Costume Tutorials!

Postby HeadInTheClouds » Thu Aug 08, 2013 8:57 pm

Hey there! I was thinking that for AZ 2014 I might cosplay Amulet Spade from Shugo Chara. (This is a BIG might, though.) It's a magical-girl-type character, for those who haven't seen the anime before, and for her weapon she totes around a 6-to-7-foot-tall paintbrush. This is my first time cosplaying, so if any of you have tips on making one, or know if it would even be allowed into the con I'd love the help! Thank you!
AZ '14 Cosplays

Friday

My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic--Derpy Hooves--95%

Saturday

Rise of the Guardians--Jack Frost--30%
HeadInTheClouds
Shonen Bat Victim

Re: Wig and Costume Tutorials!

Postby AskkBeyond » Fri Feb 28, 2014 7:25 am

I was hoping to get my last minute cosplay done which is Miroku from Inuyasha done and I just need a few words of advice.
First off would he be wearing Geta shoes or just regular bamboo sandals?
"Bang bang. Just like that, you could of been dead."
============
AZ 2014
Lawliet
Matt Jeevas
AskkBeyond
Faceless Minion of Big Fire

Previous

Return to Cosplay Q and A