• http://www.animazement.org/
  • It is currently Sat Apr 19, 2014 10:43 am

Sign In

User menu

FAQ
Register
Login
Animazement Fan Forum

Official Video Request Thread For Animazement 2013!

Talk about your Animazement plans, and count down the days to Memorial Day weekend with us.

Moderator: Macross-Junkie

Official Video Request Thread For Animazement 2013!

Postby Macross-Junkie » Mon Aug 13, 2012 8:30 pm

O.K. people AZ 2012 is over, so it's time for us staff members to gear up for AZ 2013. Here's the official thread for those of you that want to make requests of stuff you think we should show. Remember, NO FAN-SUBS or IMPORT TITLES! The titles you request MUST have been licensed in the U.S. at one time or another.

Remember, we do listen to your suggestions, and we will do our best to take all requests into consideration.
"Which side are we on? We're on the side of the demons, Chief. We are evil men in the gardens of paradise, sent by the forces of death to spread devastation and destruction where ever we go. I'm surprised you didn't know that."
- Col. Tigh / Battlestar Galactica
Macross-Junkie
Starfleet Captain

Re: Official Video Request Thread For Animazement 2013!

Postby Phil » Tue Aug 14, 2012 11:54 am

First off, I still think that my fantasy nothing-but-old-school schedule would completely rock. However, I realize that there are minor details such as legality and actually wanting people to visit the video rooms that we have to worry about. Still, there's lots of goodness available. Some ideas from the previous thread:

Locke the Superman
The Venus Wars
Golgo 13: The Professional (Late night title)
Lupin III: TV Series 1
Galaxy Express 999 TV
Any and/or all of the remastered Dirty Pair feature films
Space Adventure Cobra: The Movie

Since then, there have been new announcements of old school titles that might be of interest:

Hurricane Polymar
Tekkaman Blade II
The Mysterious Cities of Gold

Also, for cartoons that aren't from the dawn of time that you meant to show last year:

Broken Blade
Yamada's First Time
I forget, but was Princess Jellyfish on the schedule in 2012?

And then there are plenty of new releases to look into:

Kids on the Slope
Lupin III: The Woman Called Fujiko Mine
Usagi Drop
Occult Academy
Lupin III: Green vs. Red
Steins;Gate
Children Who Chase Lost Voices
Deadman Wonderland
Black Lagoon Series 1 & 2 Blu-rays and/or the Roberta's Blood Trail OVAs
Mardock Scramble: The First Compression (Definitely a late night title)

Whew! That's enough to throw out there for the time being.
I'm not sure what's going on here, but have you watched any of these Japaheeno guns-and-hooters cartoon movies?
Phil
An Elder God...

Postby Macross-Junkie » Tue Aug 14, 2012 2:53 pm

You may be surprised to know that I've pretty much got everything on the horizon from Discotek on lockdown. If I have my way, it will be shown one way or another, and yes that includes Galaxy Express TV, even though it's not being released by the all mighty and all knowing Discotek.

I may even have some classic Anime not licensed in the US to be shown at AZ due to a few of our upcoming guest announcements. Granted these import titles will be from Japanese DVD's and will be raw with no subs, but it will still be fun (I think). I'll let you know more as it gets closer to AZ and the guest announcements are etched in clay (because nothing at AZ is etched in stone)...
"Which side are we on? We're on the side of the demons, Chief. We are evil men in the gardens of paradise, sent by the forces of death to spread devastation and destruction where ever we go. I'm surprised you didn't know that."
Macross-Junkie
Starfleet Captain

Postby Phil » Tue Aug 14, 2012 3:19 pm

Macross-Junkie wrote:You may be surprised to know that I've pretty much got everything on the horizon from Discotek on lockdown.

Wait, you mean the Discotek that has realized that aging anime fanboys with money will buy all the old school titles they put out? The deuce you say!

If I have my way, it will be shown one way or another, and yes that includes Galaxy Express TV, even though it's not being released by the all mighty and all knowing Discotek.

More's the pity, 'cause it's looking increasingly likely that the S'more Entertainment release is going to be pretty half-assed. Still, a lame R1 release of GE999 TV is probably better than no R1 release of GE999 TV. What I'm saying is, I haven't cancelled my pre-order or anything.

I may even have some classic Anime not licensed in the US to be shown at AZ due to a few of our upcoming guest announcements.

Oh, snap!

Granted these import titles will be from Japanese DVD's and will be raw with no subs, but it will still be fun (I think).

Subtitles? We don't need no stinkin' subtitles!

If it gives us a chance to show R2 titles in the video rooms, sure, I think we can do without subs on every single title, especially if it means we get to break out the R2 DYRL Blu-ray. Better yet, we can break out the LD players (with awesome S-video out quality) and I'll show up with Blazing Transfer Student, the X^2 Music Videos, and all of Macross 7.
I'm not sure what's going on here, but have you watched any of these Japaheeno guns-and-hooters cartoon movies?
Phil
An Elder God...

Postby KyoHana » Wed Aug 15, 2012 7:58 am

Deadman Wonderland
Shiki
Legend of the Legendary Heroes
Life is a journey... take it!
KyoHana
Citizen of Macross City

Postby Phil » Wed Sep 05, 2012 10:24 am

Another one bites the dust: Bandai Entertainment is calling it quits. Chad, if you needed any of their titles to show, now's the time to snag 'em!
Phil
An Elder God...

Postby Phil » Thu Oct 18, 2012 11:47 am

Alright, Chad, here's your visual video room checklist to work with this year. I can loan you Wanna-Be's on VHS if you need me to!
Phil
An Elder God...

Postby Macross-Junkie » Fri Oct 19, 2012 2:08 am

The truth of the matter is, I own most of those titles on LD already, and if I would get off my lazy ass and hook my LD player up to my father-in-laws VHS to DVD recorder I may actually be able to show them. Right now since "Compiler" is in license limbo I'm thinking of burning it to disc from VHS and showing it (after all, it is one of my all time favorites that never made the transition to DVD). The only title I'm still trying to track down on LD is "Maris The Chojo". I came across it on ebay a year or two ago, but got outbid...

It would be nice to play the original "Mermaid Forest" and not the TV remake, although I will be showing the remake this year. I also just acquired all of the "Vampire Princess Miyu" TV series released by TokyoPop. Yeah, I know most of this stuff is in license hell, but it's kinda grey area for viewing purposes.
Macross-Junkie
Starfleet Captain

Postby Phil » Fri Nov 02, 2012 2:10 pm

Chad, if you're busting out LDs in the video rooms this year, let me know and I can help you throw down. CAV Macross: DYRL, anyone?
Phil
An Elder God...

Postby DrGonzo369 » Thu Nov 29, 2012 10:17 pm

YUS! LD's RETURN!!!!
Ben: There is nothing sadder, Joe, than a sad Japanese man.
Joe: Boy, I'll say...
Image Seat 30

DrGonzo369
The Good Doctor of Otaku-ism

Postby kumato-kun » Sun Dec 02, 2012 12:50 pm

Have we shown Redline yet?
I've been creepin' don't worry.
Possible cosplays for 2014
    Charlotte from Madoka {100% Cause its already finished}
    Daenerys Targaryen from Game of Thrones {100%}
    Maybe Vassago from Castlevania:lament of innocence....we'll see..
kumato-kun
Shonen Bat Victim

Postby Macross-Junkie » Tue Dec 04, 2012 5:59 pm

kumato-kun wrote:Have we shown Redline yet?

Yeah, we showed Redline last year...
Macross-Junkie
Starfleet Captain

Postby DrGonzo369 » Wed Dec 05, 2012 9:09 pm

Ninja Scroll in HD! it's 4:3 again!
Ben: There is nothing sadder, Joe, than a sad Japanese man.
Joe: Boy, I'll say...
Image Seat 30

DrGonzo369
The Good Doctor of Otaku-ism

Postby Shenanagan » Fri Dec 07, 2012 11:20 am

I'm pretty out of the loop as far as what new releases are coming from Japan, but if you were able to get a hold of some never before seen titles that would be cool! Again, sorry for not being specific at all ^^;
Shenanagan
Shinsengumi Veteran

Postby kumato-kun » Thu Dec 20, 2012 8:00 pm

Ichigeki Sacchu!! HoiHoi-san.
I've been creepin' don't worry.
Possible cosplays for 2014
    Charlotte from Madoka {100% Cause its already finished}
    Daenerys Targaryen from Game of Thrones {100%}
    Maybe Vassago from Castlevania:lament of innocence....we'll see..
kumato-kun
Shonen Bat Victim

Postby cyberranma » Fri Jan 04, 2013 3:59 pm

How about showing some Kenichi HSD? Will the last 2 Naruto movies be out in time for AZ?( Road to Ninja and the one where he traveled through time) and the last reuest is for the Bleach movie where they had to fight that guy in hell and Ichigo got the Hell armor.
cyberranma
Citizen of Macross City

Postby Phil » Wed Jan 16, 2013 12:16 pm

As part of this new age of wonders and miracles we live in, classic old school titles are getting US releases left and right. So far there aren't release dates for the Space Adventure Cobra TV series or Rose of Freakin' Versailles, so we can't plan on those being available for the con just yet. However, Maiden Japan just announced the first Patlabor OVA series is getting a Blu-ray release on April 30th. I look forward to seeing all seven episodes on the video room schedule.
Phil
An Elder God...

Postby megaplushie » Wed Jan 23, 2013 5:40 pm

Phil wrote:As part of this new age of wonders and miracles we live in, classic old school titles are getting US releases left and right. So far there aren't release dates for the Space Adventure Cobra TV series or Rose of Freakin' Versailles, so we can't plan on those being available for the con just yet. However, Maiden Japan just announced the first Patlabor OVA series is getting a Blu-ray release on April 30th. I look forward to seeing all seven episodes on the video room schedule.

Right Stuf just announced that The Rose of Versailles, Part 1 L.E. DVD set is scheduled for release on May 7, 2013. First 20 episodes on 4 DVDs for $30.
megaplushie
OM NOM NOM NOM

Postby Phil » Thu Jan 24, 2013 1:20 pm

megaplushie wrote:Right Stuf just announced that The Rose of Versailles, Part 1 L.E. DVD set is scheduled for release on May 7, 2013. First 20 episodes on 4 DVDs for $30.

Chad, your sacred duty is clear. I look forward to seeing RoV on the video schedule. Let me know if you need me to loan you my copy.
Phil
An Elder God...

Postby Macross-Junkie » Tue Jan 29, 2013 4:29 pm

Not to worry, Rose Of Versallies is on the schedule (my copy is already on order). As for Space Adventure Cobra TV, it's going to have to make it on the schedule next year, seeing as I've already obtained permission for the Cobra Movie which came out a week after AZ last year. I'm still waiting to hear back from Discotek about Lupin: Green Vs Red's release date. Now about Patlabor... We may have two guests that worked on all three of the feature length films coming, so that's where you're going to get your Patlabor fix this year. I will be using the Honneamise releases and not the crappy Manga Video releases for those that may be wondering.

On a lighter note, you may be happy to hear I'm planning on putting on a panel this year dedicated to Rumik Theater. If the all mighty Bob approves my idea I will be showing 2 titles Friday night and 2 titles Saturday night, then having a fan discussion afterwards. As you know, Rumik Theater is one of those long lost group of Anime that haven't been seen since the days of VHS, so I think the young fans of Inu Yasha will be intrigued to see the early works of Runiko Takahashi.
Macross-Junkie
Starfleet Captain

Next

Return to Convention Discussion