• It is currently Mon Apr 21, 2014 5:45 am

Sign In

User menu

FAQ
Register
Login
Animazement Fan Forum

Good Printers?

Gifted with artistic ability or just wanting to collect some great works of art? This is the section for you!

Moderator: BobGuy

Good Printers?

Postby Rikaflare » Wed Jan 09, 2013 10:43 pm

Hey, I'm not exactly new to the artist alley scene, I did share a table with a friend last year and I did surprisingly good business for my first try! This year I really want to step it up a notch if I get myself a table. First off, would anyone buy what I have to offer? I have a facebook page instead of a deviantart, it's more organized for me if you believe that lol. http://www.facebook.com/pages/Michele-W ... 4918231937

Secondly, do any of you guys use online printers? If so, who would you recommend does the best and most affordable job? I'm local to the Charlotte NC area so if there are also any printers close by that you know of that do a great job on a budget I'd be all too happy to hear about them. Thanks!
Rikaflare
Citizen of Macross City

Re: Good Printers?

Postby Shenanagan » Thu Jan 10, 2013 12:26 pm

Hi Rikaflare! You have very beautiful work! I would definitely come by and check it out if you have a table this year.

If you haven't done your application yet, make sure you have a separate portfolio website for your work! I don't know if they're accepting Facebook pages as an option.

And in regards to printing services, I personally recommend trying out your local Office Max if you have one! They do great service for reasonable pricing. I do all of my stuff with them, and you can submit your orders online too if you want! If you want to print work that is multiple pages like an art book, I would also try looking at Kablam! Printing. They're really good quality printing, and that one is online.

Hope this was helpful! Best of luck!
Shenanagan
Shinsengumi Veteran

Postby Rikaflare » Thu Jan 17, 2013 11:09 pm

Thanks very much :D I'll have to look into that. I'm also looking into buttons for this year too. A former friend of mine tried buttons last year and hers were falling apart, I'm a little nervous to try them now but I certainly won't be making the same mistake she did lol.

I'll have to really look into pricing and all that, last year I spent very little on printing but turned a good profit, now that I've tested the waters I want to see what more I can do. x_x is it just me or does all of this seem like a gamble sometimes? lol
Last edited by Rikaflare on Sat Feb 16, 2013 6:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Deviant Art- CLICK MEH
Facebook -POKE IT

Artist Alley 2014 is a GO! See you there!!
Rikaflare
Citizen of Macross City

Postby Shenanagan » Fri Jan 18, 2013 11:18 am

Rikaflare wrote:x_x is it just me or does all of this seem like a gamble sometimes? lol

That's pretty much how it feels a lot of the time, doesn't it? XD
Shenanagan
Shinsengumi Veteran

Return to Artist Alley