• It is currently Thu Apr 17, 2014 8:44 am

Sign In

User menu

FAQ
Register
Login
Animazement Fan Forum

Metal-Engraved Hellsing picture

Gifted with artistic ability or just wanting to collect some great works of art? This is the section for you!

Moderator: BobGuy

Metal-Engraved Hellsing picture

Postby biodude » Tue Mar 19, 2013 6:33 pm

Hey guys, my name is Tyler.I'll be attending Animazement for the first time in May (My first time going to an anime convention)- thanks to a good friend inviting me to go with him, and I wanted to share a little something I've been working on in my metals class. It will be a double sided picture engraved in tool-grade aluminum, of Seras Victoria holding her Harkonnen II cannons- The other side is still in questoin. This was made using autocad 3d, the different colors are for layers if you're wondering.
(Trying to get the embedded images to work right, just click the pictures to see the full thing)

Since then minor fixes have been made and the weapon's name on the side of the gun has been changed to look more like the original.

Still unsure about the back side, at the moment it just Image

The text was just thrown there as placeholder, Was possibly going to put Alucard on the back.

Here's a bit of a zoomed in shot:

My class ran out of tool-grade aluminum, so I'm going to most likely have to buy it myself in the next few days.

I was going to make it a little smaller than the size of 2 license plates stacked on top of each other, then hang it on the wall or something. Any more ideas for the back, C&C, or anything like that would be nice :P

Thanks guys
biodude
Shonen Bat Victim

Re: Metal-Engraved Hellsing picture

Postby Shenanagan » Wed Mar 20, 2013 10:14 am

Sounds like the sort of thing you could put in the Art Show! :)
Shenanagan
Shinsengumi Veteran

Postby biodude » Wed Mar 20, 2013 10:49 am

Alright, I found a piece of aluminum, hopefully its a hard grade. Its a bit bigger than a standard license plate. The front side is totally done in auto cad and soon will cut, and I'm very much considering just throwing the hellsing title on the back side, would that be enough, or would adding the weapon description/ "Seras Victoria" be a good idea? It does look alright with just the word Hellsing I suppose. I've got to decide soon guys.

Also, can you explain to me about this art show :P?
biodude
Shonen Bat Victim

Postby Shenanagan » Thu Mar 21, 2013 9:17 am

Well, I think they still run an art show that has prizes for craft and stuff like that! But I am not sure of the details. They also have an art room where you can put your work up for sale in a silent auction throughout the weekend. Items that get bid on often then go to a live auction event Sunday morning and you can often make quite a lot on your art piece!

I have seen a few artists do metalwork or wood burning of fan art that has been sold for quite a lot! But if you were just interested in displaying your piece, I think you can do that with their art show.
Shenanagan
Shinsengumi Veteran

Postby biodude » Thu Mar 21, 2013 5:58 pm

I could possibly produce two of the same/ two different plates total and do something with that silent auction, though I have been using a bunch of my classes material already for my fallout keychains and other projects :P

Thanks for the info, do you think plastering the word hellsing on the back shown above would be perfect or should I add something else?
biodude
Shonen Bat Victim

Postby Shenanagan » Fri Mar 22, 2013 9:01 am

Hmm, I like the logo there but I'm not certain if trademarked logos are okay to have on you work if it's going to be up for sale. Maybe have one with the logo and one with something different in the back?
Shenanagan
Shinsengumi Veteran

Postby biodude » Fri Mar 22, 2013 8:05 pm

I heard from a friend who has been to animazement in the past that it wouldn't be a problem, unless they are now really strict with something like this. At the moment I plan to have Seras on the front, hellsing on the back- unless anyone has more ideas to add to this. Should I add Alucard's guns somewhere as well?

Again I might only be able to produce one (for myself)- maybe two, and if I made a second one, I could change it up, put Alucard on one side, etc.
biodude
Shonen Bat Victim

Postby Shenanagan » Sat Mar 23, 2013 10:51 am

I would just double check with the art room policies. Here is a link to them http://www.animazement.com/art-room/ Otherwise, it seems pretty cool to me! :D
Shenanagan
Shinsengumi Veteran

Postby biodude » Sat Mar 23, 2013 1:12 pm

Alrighty, also here is the latest pics of the front of it, note the viewer tends to make the some of the lines look funny, they aren't sticking out/as sloppy looking as they appear(see the bottom pic for a little better)

Some pictures/videos show the word Hallconnen instead of Harkonnen, but since most are saying Harkonenn (and IMO it looks a bit nicer on the gun), I'm going to stick with Harkonnen I suppose
biodude
Shonen Bat Victim

Postby biodude » Fri Mar 29, 2013 9:30 pm

Gah, the CNC machine's coolant pump broke, so I've been waiting for that to get worked out. Might cut this out in plastic first when it is working, then metal, we'll see.
biodude
Shonen Bat Victim

Postby Rikaflare » Tue Apr 09, 2013 8:53 pm

*gasp* A FELLOW MACHINIST!! I must hug you if I find you at the con. I'll have a few things in auction too lol this looks like it's gonna be cool :3
Deviant Art- CLICK MEH
Facebook -POKE IT

Artist Alley 2014 is a GO! See you there!!
Rikaflare
Citizen of Macross City

Postby BobGuy » Wed Apr 17, 2013 2:05 pm

Hate to tell ya this, but this piece won't be allowed in the art room or artist alley. A quick google search revealed the original work is not yours, but from the manga, I believe?

http://animedump.com/wp-content/uploads ... ctoria.jpg

We do not allow this, as you will see in the first paragraph of this page:
http://www.animazement.com/art-room/

You will either need to create your own artwork, or get permission from another artist to use their work (with some sort of agreement on use, cut of the sale, etc).

I'm sure you've put a lot of work into recreating this work, but Shenanagan DID link you to the rules on March 23rd which clearly states this is against the rules.
Artists Alley moderator
BobGuy
Mahou Otaku Pretty Fanservice

Postby biodude » Sun Apr 21, 2013 9:21 pm

Yes this is from the Manga, kinda expected not being able to put this in the artist alley or art room

I was working on this long before I knew I was going to animazement trying to get it to look like the original for the most part. This was not originally designed with putting it on public display at the time at the convention in mind. It isn't a big surprise to me that I wouldn't be able to post a recreation there nonetheless ^_^

I'm still going to finish it up, carry it in my back pack and such, show friends and others I'm planning to meet at the convention.

I've been planning something else out relating to hellsing that isn't a recreation, we'll see how that works out later on ;) This is one of my favorite hellsing pics, so I wanted to have a permanent picture for myself- engraved in metal.

Thanks for clearing things up for me, still very excited for my first time at animazement!
biodude
Shonen Bat Victim

Postby biodude » Mon Jun 03, 2013 9:35 pm

Well I suppose I should post this here, was a bit late. I wasn't able to buy the tool-grad aluminum in time so had to engrave it into plastic. Came out pretty well, enjoy (sorry for the somewhat blurry pics!)

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/182 ... C00455.JPG

As a bonus, here's some gurren lagann stuff I made on the plasma cutter as well

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/182 ... C00462.JPG
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/182 ... C00461.JPG

oh, and if you saw me at animazement, I was this guy:
http://media.moddb.com/images/games/1/1 ... .45.08.jpg

^ promoting our game : http://www.moddb.com/games/conscript
biodude
Shonen Bat Victim

Return to Artist Alley