• It is currently Fri Apr 18, 2014 1:52 am

Sign In

User menu

FAQ
Register
Login
Animazement Fan Forum

Room and Ride Potential

Talk about your Animazement plans, and count down the days to Memorial Day weekend with us.

Moderator: Macross-Junkie

Room and Ride Potential

Postby kojika » Sun Apr 21, 2013 12:52 pm

Hello~

Room:
As of now, we have a hotel reserved for Friday-Sunday (so, two nights) in the Sheraton. Right now it's just me (25, female) and my mother in the room. We asked for two beds, but there's never any guarantee.

If you're looking to room with us, we're pretty easy about who we take. We have no rules on gender or age. We will not allow alcohol in the room, and of course, it's a nonsmoking. Beds go by necessity first, than first come first serve. If you really want a bed, you may be stuck sleeping with a stranger (just be prepared). I usually recommend bringing a blanket and pillow just in case. The cost will be split among everyone in the room. If you're only looking for one night, that's fine, you'll only pay for that one night (sorta thing). We generally keep pretty stable hours at the con, going to bed around midnight-2 am area and getting up at 8 am. We ask that you respect everyone in the room, and even if you want to come in later, please be quiet about it.

Tentatively, I'd just have my cosplay stuff with me, but if I get into AA (currently waitlist), I'd have that stuff with me, too. Still, there is room, we just ask that you pack as concisely as possible (as we do). We also bring a cooler, so we can add a couple drinks or snacks in for people.

Ride
Okay, basically, this is one loong drive for us (although, I have done longer many occasions). We head out from NW Indiana, not too far from Chicago. Typically, it's about a 13 hour drive. As you imagine though, we pass through a LOT of different areas. We are happy to carpool with anyone along our way, or who can get to our starting point (I will arrange to pick you up from train/bus stations within reason if you want to go from starting point). For along the way points, we ask that you meet us at a gas station or restaurant just off of the highway, so we don't have to deal with trying to find places we don't know. We basically cut down through Indianapolis, and then drop around Columbus, OH, if you want to map out our route and see if you are on our way.

If you do ride with us, gas, tolls, and parking will be divided based on when you get in the car. Also, we ask that you pack as light as possible, since although we have a mini-van, it's quite easy to overload it when you have multiple people and their luggage. Despite everything, even if I take my AA bins, we tend to not have a lot of stuff (since I usually take smaller cosplay to the farther distance cons).

My Policies...
So, if you are interested, I DO have some policies that may seem a little crazy, but they are necessary to protect everyone who shares in the cost.

*IF you decide to room or ride with us, you will have up to two weeks prior to the convention to tell me otherwise. If you do NOT inform me of a change prior to that, two weeks before the convention I give out official quotes on prices which will NOT go any higher at that point. So, even if afterwards you decide to drop out, you will still be required to pay your share. It is not fair to tell people within that short time period that they will be charged more. If anyone is added, you will be informed at the convention, or when we pick you up, and you will be charged LESS accordingly.

*I require a cellphone number so we can contact each other at the con/on the way. If you do NOT have a cell phone, you WILL be required to prepay at the 2 weeks notice.

*Prepay is not required if you have a cell phone. For prepay, up until a week before the convention, I will accept Paypal. Two weeks before the convention I can accept Money order, as well. At the convention, I will ONLY accept cash, so have the amount prepared. I will NOT accept personal checks for any reason.

...well, if I haven't scared ya off yet and you're still interested, please let me know~
~Sanzaki Kojika

Look for me in AA~!

2014 Cosplay:
*Friday- Lyfa (SAO)
*Saturday -Nami, Z Movie (One Piece)
*Sunday- Pariet (Summon Night 5)
kojika
Low Ranking MACROSS Member

Re: Room and Ride Potential

Postby GoPikachu » Fri Apr 26, 2013 10:16 pm

Hey Kojika,

I'm not looking for a room, but I've noticed a lot of other people are. Not sure why your post hasn't gotten any feedback yet. =/
Have you found someone who needs a room yet? If not, try some of the AZ Facebook groups if you haven't already.
Several people have asked on the group I'm in. Here is the link. You might already be on this page, though.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/130206450449013/

Hope this helps. I just kept seeing that you hadn't gotten any replies, so I thought I'd try to help out. =)
GoPikachu

Postby kojika » Fri Apr 26, 2013 10:34 pm

Thanks! I probably should post on something like that...but I'm actually a bit shy about things like that, lol. And I'm not already in that AZ group (I'm in a couple others)
~Sanzaki Kojika

Look for me in AA~!

2014 Cosplay:
*Friday- Lyfa (SAO)
kojika

Postby GoPikachu » Fri Apr 26, 2013 11:23 pm

Closer it gets to time probably more people will be looking. Like I said, a lot of post have been made on the groups about looking for rooms.
That group is pretty nice. Maybe you can find someone on there.
Good luck to you!
GoPikachu

Postby kojika » Fri Apr 26, 2013 11:33 pm

Thanks~ I'll consider trying to join it, but being a closed group, I worry
~Sanzaki Kojika

Look for me in AA~!

2014 Cosplay:
*Friday- Lyfa (SAO)
kojika

Postby GoPikachu » Sat Apr 27, 2013 12:08 am

Oh goodness! I forgot about that.
Yes, they have it closed because it's a very monitored group. They try to keep it clean and positive. Marizpan is an admin, actually.
It has 700 members and quite a few people asking about rooms from time to time, so I figured it might be a good chance at finding someone.

There are a couple different ways to add someone to the group. One is being a friend of a friend on Facebook. The other is by email. If you like, I can invite you to the group by email.
Not sure if you want to go to all the trouble of that, though.
GoPikachu

Postby kojika » Sat Apr 27, 2013 12:16 am

Lol, yeah, that's how I got in the other ones I was in. Ya know how like people you barely met at cons comes out of the woodwork once pics go up and tagging begins. I don't mind though, it helps you make friends. Since AZ is a totally out of area con for me (I do Otakon, too, but get a different mix there), it's a totally diff group.

I've never really joined a closed group before, just been either added/invited, so yeah, it probably wouldn't be a bad idea to try it though
~Sanzaki Kojika

Look for me in AA~!

2014 Cosplay:
*Friday- Lyfa (SAO)
kojika

Postby GoPikachu » Sat Apr 27, 2013 12:49 am

It's always fun making friends and adding each other online, but the downside is remembering those who you barely met. Haha
There are only a few conventions I joined groups for. All the others are very smaller cons that could be considered more like get togethers.

Let me know if you don't have any friends in that group already. Of course, I'll need an email or to be added as a friend. Unfortunately I can't add cosplay pages. Otherwise I'd just add your page.
GoPikachu

Postby kojika » Sat Apr 27, 2013 12:56 am

If you got to my cosplay page, I'm tagged as my real page in a lot of the pics, and you can just use that. If not, it's Sanzaki Kojika, look that up and I should come up

~Sanzaki Kojika

Look for me in AA~!

2014 Cosplay:
*Friday- Lyfa (SAO)
kojika

Postby GoPikachu » Sat Apr 27, 2013 1:17 am

Since it only lets me add people who are on my list, I'll have to add you. My name is Alex Griffin, so you know who I am.
Once you're added to the group, you can remove me from your list if you like. =)
GoPikachu

Postby kojika » Sat Apr 27, 2013 1:24 am

Thanks~ you've been super helpful! :D I'm sure I'll see you at the con (since I'm a HxH addict, so if I see your Kurapica, I shall attack)
~Sanzaki Kojika

Look for me in AA~!

2014 Cosplay:
*Friday- Lyfa (SAO)
kojika

Postby GoPikachu » Sat Apr 27, 2013 2:09 am

As I said on Facebook, it's no problem at all. I'm glad to help.
Hopefully we do run into each other. Now you know my name, so if you see a Kurapika wandering around but aren't sure if it's me just ask! =) I look forward to running into you. Always nice to see another HxH fan.
And I welcome attacks~ Well, the good kind of attacks anyway. haha
GoPikachu

Postby FLameCmndrLaharl » Tue Apr 30, 2013 3:14 am

Hi Kojika! I just found about AZ last week so I'm looking for a room from Fri-Sun right now. If you can PM me with some details that would be awesome. Thanks!
FLameCmndrLaharl
Shonen Bat Victim

Postby kojika » Tue Apr 30, 2013 9:36 am

Okay, will do~
~Sanzaki Kojika

Look for me in AA~!

2014 Cosplay:
*Friday- Lyfa (SAO)
kojika