• It is currently Fri Apr 18, 2014 11:42 am

Sign In

User menu

FAQ
Register
Login
Animazement Fan Forum

Any Dreams About Animazement?

Talk about your Animazement plans, and count down the days to Memorial Day weekend with us.

Moderator: Macross-Junkie

Re: Any Dreams About Animazement?

Postby Shenanagan » Sun Feb 17, 2013 11:33 am

Good to know you had a positive dream, Princess!
Shenanagan
Shinsengumi Veteran

Postby Belle43 » Sat Feb 23, 2013 10:09 pm

Ohmygosh I'm not the only one, yay! I remember having dreams about AZ before last years con, and I dreamt about either my cosplays getting broken at the con or that I missed the con all together. :lol:
AZ 2014 Cosplays

Friday
Hakase Shinonome - Nichijou
Skull Kid - LoZ: Majora's Mask

Saturday
Gray Fox - MGS
Fem Punished Snake - MGSV:TPP

Belle43
Mahou Otaku Pretty Fanservice

Postby animedreamer102 » Tue Apr 09, 2013 12:21 am

I had a dream that Animazement was located inside a big warehouse, and the rarest items were sold in an attic full of cotton...

And I had one where the convention was being held in different buses (that were occasionally moving). Yeah, buses. When you stepped inside one though, it suddenly looked much bigger. People were selling stuff from their seats and it was very chaotic lol. I kept going on different buses, trying to find the plushie I wanted...

I've also had dreams where I discovered Animazement at a mall and grocery store. xD
animedreamer102
Shonen Bat Victim

Postby GoPikachu » Tue Apr 09, 2013 1:06 am

animedreamer102 wrote:I had a dream that Animazement was located inside a big warehouse, and the rarest items were sold in an attic full of cotton...

And I had one where the convention was being held in different buses (that were occasionally moving). Yeah, buses. When you stepped inside one though, it suddenly looked much bigger. People were selling stuff from their seats and it was very chaotic lol. I kept going on different buses, trying to find the plushie I wanted...

I've also had dreams where I discovered Animazement at a mall and grocery store. xD

Your username is so appropriate for this topic! Haha
Anyway.
Oh my gosh.. the bus dream is hilarious. Do you often have such interesting dreams?

Not too long ago I had a dream about Animazement again.
It wasn't as fun as AnimeDreamer102's, though. Actually, it was slightly on the terrifying side.

Everything was going well in my dream until I suddenly won 2,000 dollars. After somehow fitting all of the money in my thin wallet I was being sought after by a group of people who wanted my prize money. I was running through the convention looking for help.
That was about the time I changed my mind and decided to hide in the bathroom. Despite the panic I took a moment to admire my costume in the mirror... and that is when I saw that I was actually wearing nothing but my underwear and a bathrobe the entire time.
I ran out of the bathroom and into a anime theme wedding chapel and crashed the cosplay wedding taking place.
I hope this doesn't actually happen.. because that would be really embarrassing.
GoPikachu
Low Ranking MACROSS Member

Postby Shenanagan » Tue Apr 09, 2013 9:00 am

These are pretty funny dreams, GoPikachu and animedreamer102!!

My cosplay dreams always tend to do that too!!! Where I think I'm wearing that thing I've been working so hard on to look good, and then when I actually see it it's either nothing like what I thought or it's like half-finished XD
Shenanagan
Shinsengumi Veteran

Postby HimeNoToki » Fri Apr 12, 2013 1:17 pm

Nightmares about not getting things done/not packing everything/putting on the costume and it looking bad or not fitting have started weeks ago haha. That's when you know a convention is around the corner, though.
Animazement 2013 Cosplay Line-Up

Harle from Chrono Cross
Maetel from Galaxy Express 999
- one or two more costumes, TBD

http://www.facebook.com/HimeNoTokiCosplay
HimeNoToki
Shonen Bat Victim

Postby GoPikachu » Sat Apr 13, 2013 1:45 am

I have got to stop reading these post. It makes me have more dreams! These aren't pleasant dreams either.

The other night I woke up saying "No, no, no" in my sleep because I missed the convention.
I discovered it was actually on the 4th of May, not the 24th. Not only that my costume wasn't finished, the hotel was reserved for the wrong date, my roommates were already there and calling me asking where the room is, and I was three hours away in my pajamas!
In a mad dash to get to the convention I was screaming at everyone to help me with my bags and trying to get money together.
That's when I discovered the worst of it... my white pants were not white. They were floral print instead.

Although, I did eat some bad pizza that night..
GoPikachu

Postby Shenanagan » Sat Apr 13, 2013 10:44 am

I'll say it was the pizza's fault!!!

I just had a dream a day or so ago, where apparently I was trying to find the person I wanted to do a photo shoot with, but I was busy doing makeup backstage for the Lolita fashion show (of all things XD) and so not only did I miss it, I also wasn't at my Artist Alley table a whole lot and I didn't know if there was anyone really there taking care of my work!

You're right, GoPikachu. Gotta stop reading this post for a while! XD
Shenanagan
Shinsengumi Veteran

Postby animedreamer102 » Sun Apr 14, 2013 3:14 pm

GoPikachu wrote:
animedreamer102 wrote:I had a dream that Animazement was located inside a big warehouse, and the rarest items were sold in an attic full of cotton...

Your username is so appropriate for this topic! Haha
Anyway.
Oh my gosh.. the bus dream is hilarious. Do you often have such interesting dreams?

Not too long ago I had a dream about Animazement again.
It wasn't as fun as AnimeDreamer102's, though. Actually, it was slightly on the terrifying side.

Everything was going well in my dream until I suddenly won 2,000 dollars. After somehow fitting all of the money in my thin wallet I was being sought after by a group of people who wanted my prize money. I was running through the convention looking for help.
That was about the time I changed my mind and decided to hide in the bathroom. Despite the panic I took a moment to admire my costume in the mirror... and that is when I saw that I was actually wearing nothing but my underwear and a bathrobe the entire time.
I ran out of the bathroom and into a anime theme wedding chapel and crashed the cosplay wedding taking place.
I hope this doesn't actually happen.. because that would be really embarrassing.

LOL that's true (about my name)! But sadly, I don't get dreams like this very often.

And...your dream sounds way cooler because it actually sounds like you were in an anime! I wonder how much anime you watch. o_o Haha!

Seriously though...I'd love to roam around the convention with $2,000. For the 10 minutes that it would survive. xD

Your second dream made me giggle too. Floral print is F-A-B-U-L-O-U-S! Keep em' coming!! ^o^
animedreamer102
Shonen Bat Victim

Postby HeartlessKailynn » Sun Apr 14, 2013 4:01 pm

I had the absolute strangest dream a few nights ago that absolutely freaked me out!

I dreamed that I was with one of my good friends and a friend that lives in New Hampshire and we were at the con in Homestuck cosplay. But the con was at a zoo (Doesn't really help that I was at a Zoo!Stuck meetup not too long before I had this dream). But it was definitely Animazement, there was no doubt about that. Everything seemed to be going normally, just us strolling around the zoo surrounded by other Homestuck cosplayers. But then I zoned out of the dream and when I came back into it my NH friend and I had gotten into an argument and now I was upset with him. So when everyone wanted to get a picture while standing in front of some rocks, I told Jacob (my friend) to stand of the rocks instead. So he started to climb on them and everyone stood back and stared in silence. All of a sudden, he fell and a big rock fell on top of his leg. Everyone got worried but he insisted he was fine. Nothing hurt him and he was fine. He pushed the rock off of him all one his own, but when he lifted his leg back up it wasn't there! His leg had been cut off! But it was a smooth cut and it looked like it had been amputated a long time ago and healed. But everyone began to scream and run away in a panic, and I ran to my other friend and pulled her away and started to cry saying it was all my fault. And when I woke up I was shaking so hard! Oh God.

Please don't ever hold Animazement at a zoo!
Thursday(?): Jade Harley (Homestuck)
Friday: Armin Arlert (Attack on Titan)
Saturday: Armin Arlert (Attack on Titan)/Belarus (Axis Powers Hetalia)
Sunday: Armin Arlert (Attack on Titan)/Jade Harley (Homestuck)
HeartlessKailynn
Citizen of Macross City

Postby caroline-chan5 » Sat May 04, 2013 8:16 am

I'm glad I'm not the only one with AZ dreams! Haha! I've had 3 so far, and all of theme involved me getting there and forgetting my costume at home! Dx
caroline-chan5
Shonen Bat Victim

Postby GoPikachu » Sat May 04, 2013 6:35 pm

caroline-chan5 wrote:I'm glad I'm not the only one with AZ dreams! Haha! I've had 3 so far, and all of theme involved me getting there and forgetting my costume at home! Dx

Welcome to the club, Caroline! Wrecked, stolen, lost, forgotten costumes are a trend in con dreams. =)
GoPikachu

Postby Kaji » Tue May 07, 2013 8:12 pm

I have a dream that there will be no creepers and no kids LEAPING OFF OF BALCONIES OR USING BANNISTERS AS BALANCE BEAMS.
Follow your grape to righteousness.
Kaji
Jesus 3.0

Postby Shenanagan » Mon May 13, 2013 3:08 pm

Okay, had a dream last night where my sister and I were presenting our panel and suddenly, all the papers we had our outline on get jumbled up, and we can't find the one that goes first!!! Going to make sure to staple them in order before anything else! XD
Shenanagan
Shinsengumi Veteran

Postby Dimmuburger » Wed May 15, 2013 4:28 am

[googlevideo][/googlevideo]Last year I had a lackluster con. I was considering skipping this year but I had A crazy dream a couple days back.

This is going to sound insane, random and downright made up, but I keep a dream journal and this is the unabashed truth.Hand to god this is a dream I had three or four days ago that made me want to go to the Con again.

>at animazement
>in dealers room trying to get level 3 gundam
>10/10 Jessica Rabbitt Cosplayer comes up to me
>>"follow me big guy"
>I oblige
>we end up in con ops
>she pinches my nose
>I breath out and rupture my eardrums
>I start cursing and she doesn't like that
>she takes off her dress
>she's actually just a swarm of lady bugs and magic the gathering cards
>An Az staff member walks in, I want to say its Gonzo or bob and says
>"I've got two left socks"
>the mass of lady bugs and playing cards responds "we'll that's what we tell ourselves"
>my dad yells my name

At this point Im awake

I've had even more nonsensical dreams before but this one just happened to fit the criteria for this thread

Oh and there was another a couple years back where I dreamed it was Animazement but everybody was naked. The whole con went by and on Sunday at 6pm I look down and say to myself. Wait. Something's wrong
Last edited by Dimmuburger on Thu May 16, 2013 1:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Dimmuburger
That's the Spirit!

Postby banvoic3 » Wed May 15, 2013 10:19 am

For the past few nights, I've had dreams about leaving stuff at home from simple accessories to whole costumes. It's been the worst feeling and as a result, I've been making the most nit picky packing lists. :?
AZ'14
Hoka Inumuta (Kill la Kill)
Fact Core (Portal 2)
Otacon (MGS2)
Tokiya Ichinose (Uta-Pri)
banvoic3
Newest Host in Ouran High School

Postby Tavex » Wed May 15, 2013 10:22 am

Had another last night where it was Sunday afternoon and I had no damn clue where the rest of the weekend went.

STAHP PLEASE
Cosplay for 2014 AZ:

Mushishi: Ginko

Final Fantasy XIII: Snow (MIGHT do this again)

Tavex
Pokémon Master

Postby Shenanagan » Wed May 15, 2013 10:57 am

banvoic3 wrote:For the past few nights, I've had dreams about leaving stuff at home from simple accessories to whole costumes. It's been the worst feeling and as a result, I've been making the most nit picky packing lists. :?

Hehe, that's probably a good idea to do anyway!

Had another dream last night where AZ had a big Lolita fashion show, and I had no idea where we had to go to get changed. I ended up being the last person to go up and was still putting things on. Harajuku Runway panel, please tell me where you will be Friday of AZ! X'D
Shenanagan
Shinsengumi Veteran

Postby GoPikachu » Thu May 16, 2013 12:15 am

I had a dream that my previous reservation (my canceled one, staying at a different hotel now) didn't actually get canceled and both hotels charged three nights. Then, I had no money in the bank and no way home. Then rent was due (although it's already been paid?) and they were demanding their money while I was at the convention.

It was a nightmare.
GoPikachu

Postby banvoic3 » Thu May 16, 2013 5:08 pm

Had yet another dream about forgetting something at home. This time it was my camera...and for some reason my hotel room was a two-story condo in the forest. I had to drive to and from home (this took four hours) just to get it and my friends because they weren't in the condo because they didn't have their money to pay.

This is starting to perplex me a bit... :? I've never been this paranoid about anything.
AZ'14
Hoka Inumuta (Kill la Kill)
Fact Core (Portal 2)
Otacon (MGS2)
Tokiya Ichinose (Uta-Pri)
banvoic3
Newest Host in Ouran High School

PreviousNext

Return to Convention Discussion