• It is currently Sat Apr 19, 2014 2:59 am

Sign In

User menu

FAQ
Register
Login
Animazement Fan Forum

Welcome! Introduce yourself here.

Talk about your Animazement plans, and count down the days to Memorial Day weekend with us.

Moderator: Macross-Junkie

Re: Welcome! Introduce yourself here.

Postby battyjuice » Tue Mar 12, 2013 1:05 pm

Hi everyone!!
Lived in MI my whole life, now relocated to NC last year- so this will be my first time at AZ. Been to Youmacon for years but never to any other cons, and have never really established a cosplay profile or learned about forums until recently ^_^'
I'm currently working on my Sergeant Calhoun cosplay from WIR, so hopefully I wont die of heat stroke in the southern summer heat! (Youmacon is in Nov in Detroit so its quite arctic) I'm also bringing along my Faye Valentine and Juri Han along just in case I melt :lol:
Hope to meet some wonderful people, especially if there are any other military wives!!
battyjuice
Shonen Bat Victim

Postby GoPikachu » Tue Mar 12, 2013 2:52 pm

battyjuice wrote:Hi everyone!!
Lived in MI my whole life, now relocated to NC last year- so this will be my first time at AZ. Been to Youmacon for years but never to any other cons, and have never really established a cosplay profile or learned about forums until recently ^_^'
I'm currently working on my Sergeant Calhoun cosplay from WIR, so hopefully I wont die of heat stroke in the southern summer heat! (Youmacon is in Nov in Detroit so its quite arctic) I'm also bringing along my Faye Valentine and Juri Han along just in case I melt :lol:
Hope to meet some wonderful people, especially if there are any other military wives!!

Welcome to North Carolina and Animazement! The summer heat here is pretty different, as you know.
Fortunately you have the option of being indoors. Try to stay cool!
Hope you have fun~
GoPikachu
Low Ranking MACROSS Member

Postby battyjuice » Tue Mar 12, 2013 5:58 pm

GoPikachu wrote:Welcome to North Carolina and Animazement! The summer heat here is pretty different, as you know.
Fortunately you have the option of being indoors. Try to stay cool!
Hope you have fun~

Thank you!! I'm incredibly excited :D
2013 AZ Cosplays
Sergeant Calhoun- WreckItRalph
Lilith- Darkstalkers
peppermint maid- AV fiona&Cake
battyjuice
Shonen Bat Victim

Postby biodude » Sat Mar 23, 2013 6:11 pm

I guess I should make a proper introduction here :)
My name is Tyler, and I live in kernersville NC.
I work with metal engravings and general CNC stuff/machining at my school (like this viewtopic.php?f=20&t=9218 ). As you can see I'm a pretty big hellsing fan, hoping to see some hellsing cosplayers/ stuff at animazement

One of my friends at school told me about animazement, and invited me to go with him. I agreed to go (even though the ticket was a bit more pricey than I thought it would be, but I'm sure worth every cent).
I'm looking forward to going in may, I'll even cosplay a little- as a soldier from a game I'm developing ( http://www.moddb.com/games/conscript ).
This is my first anime convention I've ever going to, I've gone to other scifi conventions with my dad when I was younger, but I didn't really know what was going on/ care much at the time. I'm really into going to this in may, and many more after.

Looking forward to seeing some of you there, glad to be on the forums :)
biodude
Shonen Bat Victim

Postby raz1337 » Wed Apr 10, 2013 7:30 pm

My first post shall be here, obviously. I'm 26.

I found out about Animazement off hand in a conversation with a coworker talking about her sister going to it, and then I looked it up last year. It was a few months too late to go. But, I am going this year.

This will be my third event. I live here in Cary, NC. However, I've been up to NYC for the release party of Pokemon Black and White in 2011 and I just went to Pasadena, CA for Power Morphicon 3, a Power Rangers convention. Planning to go to the next one in August 2014.

I'm mostly a Power Rangers, Super Sentai, Pokemon (Pocket Monsters) and Dragon Ball fan but I focus the most on Power Rangers/Super Sentai. I saw a lot of Ranger, Sentai and Kamen Rider cosplayers in pictures from the recent ones, so I can't wait.

Seeing DBZ VA's there looks exciting, but I'm mostly just looking to see what's going on there and mingle around. I got a pass for the whole weekend, so this'll be fun to see. Never knew something like this was going on in my backyard.
raz1337
Shonen Bat Victim

Postby GoPikachu » Wed Apr 10, 2013 9:41 pm

raz1337 wrote:My first post shall be here, obviously. I'm 26.

I found out about Animazement off hand in a conversation with a coworker talking about her sister going to it, and then I looked it up last year. It was a few months too late to go. But, I am going this year.

This will be my third event. I live here in Cary, NC. However, I've been up to NYC for the release party of Pokemon Black and White in 2011 and I just went to Pasadena, CA for Power Morphicon 3, a Power Rangers convention. Planning to go to the next one in August 2014.

I'm mostly a Power Rangers, Super Sentai, Pokemon (Pocket Monsters) and Dragon Ball fan but I focus the most on Power Rangers/Super Sentai. I saw a lot of Ranger, Sentai and Kamen Rider cosplayers in pictures from the recent ones, so I can't wait.

Seeing DBZ VA's there looks exciting, but I'm mostly just looking to see what's going on there and mingle around. I got a pass for the whole weekend, so this'll be fun to see. Never knew something like this was going on in my backyard.

Although Animazement isn't until May, welcome to AZ!
Sounds like you've had experience with conventions in the past, so the shock of so many people with the same interest in the same place won't be so overwhelming.
You'd be surprised how many anime events are going on in North Carolina. Although, not many are as big as this convention..
Hope you have fun this year!
GoPikachu

Postby Aiisil » Sun Apr 14, 2013 1:08 pm

Hello~ My name is Sarah, I'm 17 and I live in Benson, NC :) This will be my 7th year going to Animazement! Always excited for another year, and I will try my hardest to always come back no matter where I go.

I'm a Huge Anime/Comicbook Nerd, Gamer Girl ((Portal, Pokemon, Minecraft...)), I Love to Draw, and Always Love to Cosplay <3

Sorry if that was just a pile of random mess about me ^^; Any who, I'm very nice ((Or at least I hope I am o.o; )) once you get to know me and I always like meeting new friends~ 
Been going to Animazement for 7 years and counting~

2013 Cosplay:

Fem!Eustass Kid (One Piece)
Fem!Dave Strider (Homestuck)
Aiisil
Shonen Bat Victim

Postby msd121 » Tue Apr 30, 2013 10:32 pm

Hello, I'm Michael, from Naperville, Illinois. I'm 25 (I'll be turning 26 on June 1) and this will be my first year at Animazement. The event, along with ACEN (it will be my sixth or seventh time there), which I am also attending, are a sort of last fling before I move out to California at the beginning of June for graduate school, beginning with an intensive language course in Russian (I'm going to have a fun summer @_@ ). Though, that being said, "last fling" might be a bit of a misnomer, since I tend to be very laid back.

Other information and fun facts:
-I was president of my university's anime club.
-I have never seen a single episode of Naruto (though I did see one of the movies).
-My favorite anime is.... probably Last Exile, I guess (though Psycho-Pass is really good, too.. and Acchi Kocchi... and Nichijou... I think I'll stop now).
-I don't drink, but I am a trained bartender.
msd121
Shonen Bat Victim

Postby megaplushie » Wed May 01, 2013 1:25 am

[quote="Aiisil"][/quote]
Holy crap, someone who lives really close to me!
megaplushie
OM NOM NOM NOM

Postby caroline-chan5 » Sat May 04, 2013 8:13 am

Hello :) I'm Caroline~ I am very excited, this year will be my first time at Animazement, and only my second convention total :o only three weeks away~~! ^___^
caroline-chan5
Shonen Bat Victim

Postby FLameCmndrLaharl » Mon May 06, 2013 10:00 am

Hello everyone! My name is Roy and it'll be my first time at AZ. Favorite animes will probably be Bakemono and Madoka (Shaft FTW), and anything slice of life like Yuyushiki or Lucky Star. I can't wait to see you all at the Con! You'll probably find me wandering around in the dealer's hall =P.
FLameCmndrLaharl
Shonen Bat Victim

Postby madman-mozen » Tue May 07, 2013 12:38 am

Andy Steps is a:
Yaoi/Slash Fangirl
Video game smasher
Manga Dealer
Average Artist
user named is : Madman Mozen :D
I am insane and am so lookin forward to Animazement this year. I'm going to fluff this place up! With feathers! :D

Warning: Do no present Monster Drinks, Her eyes will contract with awesome crazyness. :D And she is obsessed with Alice in wonderland. :D

madman-mozen
Shonen Bat Victim

Postby GoPikachu » Tue May 07, 2013 3:04 am

Hello new faces! ~Waves~
Welcome to AZ's forum and AZ! I hope you guys have fun here and at the convention as well. Although there is no doubt in my mind you will. =)
GoPikachu

Postby harunashiro » Tue May 07, 2013 12:14 pm

I've been on this forum for about a year or two , but I don't think I've actually posted an introduction on this thread.

I don't expose my real name on the internet (unless you know me on FB, so the alias I go by is shiro(シロ). I'm 21 years old (my b-day being in September)
[Reveal] Spoiler:
and I currently live in Four Oaks, NC. In July, I'll be moving to Raleigh with my boyfriend and our roommate.

AZ 2013 will be my third time attending, but this year will be the first time I'll be going for a day (Sunday), but I'm hoping to meet some new people this year. The previous conventions before AZ were Otakon (2008~2010). I'm used to the convention atmosphere of Otakon so having had gone to AZ 2011 was a huge, uh, shock(?) for me.

That aside, どうぞよろしく。/bows
harunashiro
Shonen Bat Victim

Postby GoPikachu » Mon May 13, 2013 8:40 pm

harunashiro wrote:I've been on this forum for about a year or two , but I don't think I've actually posted an introduction on this thread.

That reminds me, I haven't posted an introduction either.. Haha Although, you've been around a lot longer than I have... so maybe welcoming you would be odd coming from me? Either way~ Welcome!

Oh my.. only going for one day? That's a shame. I wish you could stick around the convention a little longer.
GoPikachu

Postby harunashiro » Tue May 14, 2013 4:55 pm

Haha, it's alright. It wouldn't be odd at all, but thank you.

Yeah. Minor financial troubles, but I'm lucky I can even go at all(lol). It's alright though. I'll definitely be attending next year.
harunashiro
Shonen Bat Victim

Postby Chopstickman » Mon Jun 17, 2013 11:23 am

Greetings fellow otaku. I am Michael, age 28. Currently I live in Boone NC but am soon moving to the Raleigh area. I look forward to many Animazements to come with all of you.

This line is a shameless plug for my panels =:3
Chopstickman
Faceless Minion of Big Fire

Postby Gally.Bear » Thu Jul 18, 2013 2:41 pm

Chopstickman wrote:Greetings fellow otaku. I am Michael, age 28. Currently I live in Boone NC but am soon moving to the Raleigh area. I look forward to many Animazements to come with all of you.

Looks like I live very close to you! I live roughly 45 minutes to an hour away from Boone on the Tennessee side. :)

Anyway.. Hi everyone! My name is Steph, but you are welcome to call me Gally! This past Animazement was my first one, and I have to say.. it is now my second favorite con (Dragon*Con being #1 :wink:). But seriously.. I had such a great time at Animazement this year. It's gives such a friendly vibe and was so well put together!

I've already got my ticket, so I can't wait for next year! Looking forward to getting to know y'all!
Gally.Bear
Shonen Bat Victim

Postby comealongpond » Tue Jul 23, 2013 11:04 pm

Hello,

My name is April and I am 29 and live in Greenville, NC presently. Animazement 2013 was the first Animazement for me and I loved it! I really wish I had cosplayed and am kicking myself for it. Anywho, as you can already tell, I'm a big Whovian (Tardis avatar;) and next year I plan to cosplay several different Doctor Who cosplays (Kissogram Amy Pond, a female 11th doctor and a female Jack Harkness, the biggest challenge will be doing a close-to tv accurate as possible weeping angel). So if there are any regular AZ Doctor Who cosplayers out there hit me up! I'm trying to get a DW flash mob of sorts organized so if anyone is interested let me know. :)

And Noiz was stellar, by the way! I hope they play again next year.

I saw many awesome cosplays at the event. Hope to meet some of you next year!
comealongpond
Shonen Bat Victim

Postby PSUIrishCoffey » Fri Oct 25, 2013 1:01 pm

comealongpond wrote:And Noiz was stellar, by the way! I hope they play again next year.

While, yes, Noiz put on a good show again, I hope that they do not come back for several years since this is the third time they've been there in five years. Variety FTW
PSUIrishCoffey
Citizen of Macross City

PreviousNext

Return to Convention Discussion